{1}

Royal

 

 

Royal.

 

 

 

Jungkook walked down the walls of the castle, bored. He had nothing to do, no princely duties, no classes or women to meet, just nothing. So, he decided to try to and find someone to entertain him for a bit. He would even talk to someone below him at the moment, that's how very bored he is.

Somehow, he managed to end up in the door way to the kitchens; servants and cooks ran around getting dinner prepared along with random jobs here and there. The room smelled delicious, but one smell in particular had spiked his interests. It was his favorite dessert. Deciding to follow the sweet aroma, he walked fully into the doorway.

No one seemed to notice the young prince as he walked in and around the room, stealing a roll or two and chewing it thoughtfully.

 

How do they not notice their prince? How do they not notice their future king as he walks around with the commoners?

 

A baker was especially busy, making thousands of cakes, breads, rolls, and other sweets, trying to get them all finished for dinner in the next three hours. Jungkook watched him run around, grabbing this and that, and bringing it back to the table where he was decorating a giant chocolate cake.

He had his brown hair falling into his eyes as he began pipping flowers onto the cake with various colored frostings, his eyes scrunching up as he concentrated.

 

Jungkook studied his, rather handsome, face. Jungkook watched as he sighed, satisfied with his work, gently his fingertips clean, not leaving a drop of the icing on them. He then carefully carried the cake and set it on a different counter, and Jungkook watched as he got more flour, yeast, and other things to make bread.

 

He passed the rolls that Jungkook had stolen two rolls from, and sigh loudly. “Alright! Who ate two of my rolls? Huh? I'm looking at you Kevin.” He asks, pointing towards a heavy-set, and frankly scary looking, man who was stirring something in a pot. The man, Kevin, glared at Baker Boy, clearly not amused. “Are you sure? I mean come oooonnnn. It wouldn't be the first time judging by your looks, amiright big guy? Huh? Huh?” Kevin practically growls at BB, who puts his hands up in surrender, laughing.

“Alright, Alright, I believe you... But if not Kevin, then who?” BB looks around, tapping his fingers against his chin as he looks at everyone with scrutinizing eyes.

 

“Um, I was the one who took some of the rolls,” Jungkook piped up, and BB whirls around to meet Jungkook's gaze. He then whistles, looking him up and down, “You're far too fancy to be a kitchen worker, or any worker really, so you have to be... Maybe... A noblemen? Perhaps a Duke?” He asks, leaning casually against the counter top and giving Jungkook a smile.

 

How does he not know what his own Prince looks like? How does he not know how his future king. And a duke? DUKE? Would a duke be able to afford clothing as fine as mine? I think not! I ought to slap him for speaking so casually to me, AND for assuming my rank be as low as a duke.

 

Jungkook smiles and shakes his head, “I-” BB interrupts him easily, looking Jungkook up and down as he speaks, “I mean your clothes are very fine,” Yes, yes they are, “And you do look rather proper,” well, I'd certainly hope so, I am the prince after all, “So you'd have to be either a duke or something higher,” higher, yes. Much, much higher, “But we all know our prince is far too busy with god knows what to be down in here. And even if he wasn't busy with, I don't know, looking in the mirror and admiring his face or something, he would never come down here and talk with us commoners.” BB says that last part with bitter malice, surprising Jungkook slightly. But, that was besides the point, BB had basically said Jungkook was a spoiled, narcissistic, and basically useless prince. Jungkook can't let him get away with this! Jungkook-

 

Jungkook was bored, and so he decided to let it slide this once. That and he wanted to see how long it took BB to find out who he was. “Yeah, I'm a Duke or something higher...” Jungkook finally spoke, and BB nodded, squinting at him. “Hmm... Are you a prince, perhaps?” Jungkook smirked, maybe he finally caught on. “OH! I know who you are!” About time, “You're the prince-” Yes, Yes I am-

“-s cousin!.” yes, I-I'm who's cousin?

“Yeah! You're Prince Jungkook's cousin! Prince of wherever you're from! What on earth are you doing down here?” BB asks, suddenly excited. He truly thought he'd figured out who Jungkook was..

 

“I was bored.” Jungkook said simply and BB nods, boxy smile coming to form on his face. “Well, I'm almost finished here if you'd like to wait, I could show you around. I know some great places and I know how to have a good time.” Baker Boy says, and Jungkook shrugs. “I'm not so sure-”


“Aw come on! It'll be good for you! You and all your princely duties, I'm sure you don't get much time to just relax and have fun! I promise I don't bite,” Baker Boy says, winking at Jungkook.

 

Jungkook hesitated for a moment before he shrugged again saying, “I mean I guess I don't really have anything else to do at the moment,”

 

><><><><><><><><><><

 

Jungkook and BB had spent the past four days together. Jungkook was still on break from his school and other duties (His mother had insisted he take one, saying he “Spent too much time training for war, and studying” and how he “Needs to spend the rest of your free time, freely,”) so he would spend practically every spare second with Baker Boy. He would hang out in the kitchens while BB worked, and he would play and do dumb, normal kid stuff with him when he wasn't working too. The weird thing is, BB still didn't notice Jungkook was the Prince, and if any of the servants or kitchen staff did, Jungkook would shush them so they couldn't tell BB. He liked the freedom he had with BB and he knew if BB found out about who Jungkook truly is, a lot of that freedom would be gone.

 

Jungkook also didn't know Baker Boy's name, the boy had been so stubborn and refused to tell him, so he called hm BB, or Baker Boy.

 

BB and Jungkook were sitting on the ledge of a window, eating some spare chocolates BB had made, and talking about random stuff. “Do you think we'll ever be able to go into space?” BB asked and Jungkook snorted, What an absurd question. “No. Why? Do you think we will?” He replied, picking up a chocolate from the pile on his lap and plopping it into his mouth, letting it melt on his tongue. “I don't know. Maybe. I mean It would be cool. Imagine it, flying up into space, exploring the unknown, maybe even walking on a planet! It all sounds so amazing...” BB replied, snatching a candy from Jungkook's pile and stuffed it in his mouth before Jungkook could protest. Jungkook playfully shoved him with his shoulder, smiling.

“BB, don't you think that's a little unrealistic? I mean how on earth is someone going to manage to fly to space? Much less walk on a planet?” Jungkook asked, and BB shrugged.

 

“Yew neva know, ir cof hawpennnn!” BB said with his mouth full of chocolates, causing his words to be muffled. He swallows and continues after Jungkook scolded him for being so rude (“It's not just rude, it's gross!” Jungkook cried, watching in horror as BB smeared the chocolate on his pearly white teeth and smiled, “mhat's groff?”). “I mean imagine it.. Walking on, say, the moon! I know it's most likely never going to happen, but come on, you can't say it doesn't sound cool!”

 

-timeskip-

 

Later that night, Jungkook and BB sat inside an empty room, laughing and talking about whatever.

 

“And-And then,” Jungkook said, wheezing whilst BB just sat there, elbow on knee, resting his cheek on his hand, smiling at Jungkook. Suddenly, he leaned up, and kissed Jungkook.

 

Jungkook froze, unsure of what to do, as he just sat there, hands still up from when he was gesturing during his story. He suddenly felt himself relaxing into the kiss, eventually even finding it pleasnt...

But wait, he's the prince! He can't be seen kissing a boy, much less a commoner! He's supposed to be finding a wife, he's supposed to only want to kiss girls. This-this is wrong! But holy , it feels so right-

Jungkook suddenly pushes BB away, catching his breath as he looks at him with wide eyes. “I-I'm sorry, I shouldn't have done that... I shouldn't have-”

 

“I-I don't know what... I don't-” Jungkook's mind was a mushy puddle of nothingness, and everything all at the same time.

 

“, do you not like men? Wait you're a prince so even if you did you couldn't say you do because you need to marry a wife but of course you could always have an affair and-” BB was rambling on and Jungkook stopped him, by kissing him again.

 

“Shut up. I don't know what I like. I mean I've never felt a stronger attraction to either gender, so... I don't know with you its different... You know?” BB nodded slowly, thinking this over.

 

“So, prince, if we're to, and this is hypothetical, say take this, us, somewhere further I guess we should find out each other's names, right?” BB says and Jungkook freezes. I'll have to lie to him.. But I don't want to. I don't want to hurt him..

 

“I'll start. My name's Kim Taehyung, but my friends call me Tae, TaeTae, face, and with the addition of you, Baker Boy or BB.” BB, I mean Taehyung, sticks his hand out for Jungkook to grasp, which he does after hesitating for a moment. “Taehyung, huh? I like it... My name's J-”

 

“Jungkook!” Someone yells, and Jungkook freezes. , , . Not now, Taehyung can't find out like this Taehyung can't-

 

“Um.. Prince? Are you okay? You look pale,” Taehyung asks sounding worried. Jungkook nods, and opens his mouth to speak, but is interrupted by the door being slammed open, and someone waking in.


“Have you seen Prince Jungkook?” Mrs. Lee, his musical instructer asks and Taehyung shakes his head. “Nope, it's just me and him...” Taehyung says, pointing to Jungkook who had his back to the door.

 

Jungkook sweats when he hears Mrs. Lee's heels clack on the stone as she makes her way towards him.

 

“Taehyung, you have to promise not to freak out, ok?” Jungkook whispers loud enough for only Taehyung to hear. Taehyung frowns at him, opening his mouth to say something, but Jungkook pops up and turns to face Mrs. Lee before Taehyung can say anything.

 

“Mrs. Lee!” He says smiling, and the old lady relaxes instantly. “Jungkook! There you are,” Mrs. Lee says, as she smiles at him.

 

“JUNGKOOK?!” Taehyung chokes out, causing the other two occupants of the room to look over at him. “.... ehehehehe, yes?” Jungkook says, rubbing the back of his neck sheepishly. “Why didn't you ing tell me you were the prince, and not just a random prince?!” Taehyung half asks half yells at the younger boy. Mrs. Lee makes a comment about his profanity, but the two boys ignore it. “Because I knew you'd overreact and start to treat me differently...” Jungkook shrugs, trailing off as he turns his attention back to the old lady next to them. “Mrs. Lee, what were you needing me for?”


“Your mother told me to tell you, that your vacation has been cut short, and that your first class is with me, in fifteen minutes.” Jungkook sighs, but nods. “Do you know why my vacation has been cut short?” He asks, curious as to why his mother was suddenly backing up on her beliefs.

 

 

“Oh, honey, you don't know?” Mrs. Lee says her usual cheery tone now turned serious, and as jungkook shakes his head 'no' his stomach clenches nervously. “Jungkook, your country has just been declared to war... Your father might not make it back from this fight.”

 

 

><><><><><><><><

 

Jungkook and Taehyung didn't see eachother for days, almost weeks after Jungkook's real identity got out. Partly because Jungkook was so busy learning how to become a king, partly because Taehyung was avoiding the prince at all costs. He's even been calling in “sick” on days he knows Jungkook could, and would, visit the kitchens.

 

The truth is, Taehyung was scared. He knew he liked Jungkook, why else would he kiss him so soon? But, he also knew he could be in deep if someone found out about the kiss, he could even wind up dead. Now, he knew that Jungkook would never intentionally hurt him, or sentence him to death for their crush, but, Taehyung also knew that until Jungkook was king, his power only went so far.

 

Jungkook set his violin down, smiling to Mrs. Lee. “That was marvelous darling, absolutely splendid!” She praises, clapping her hands. “Now, shall we see how you're doing with cello again?”

 

“Ah, I'm sorry Mrs. Lee, but I'm afraid I really must get going. I need to train for combat. My father sent word that he may call me into war sometime soon, and I need to be as prepared as I can be.” He apologizes sincerely because he truly did treasure his time with Mrs. Lee. She was his favorite teacher besides Jackson, his trainer in all things combat.

 

“Oh it's quite alright dear, I understand. Go on ahead, I'll put away the instruments, so you can go change into your gear. But be careful! You know how competitive that Jackson boy can get!” Mrs. Lee calls after Jungkook, who had started to jog towards the door the moment she said he could go, thanking her as he went out the door and around the corner.

He jogged all the way to the training room, where he saw Jackson was punching a dummy target, also known as a bag full of flour with a crudely drawn face on it.

 

“There you are! I was wondering when that old lady would let you go.” He says, chuckling as he drop kicked the dummy, before jumping back up and punching it again, and a little bit too hard because soon there was flour spilling out onto the floor. “Aw , that's the third one this week. The kitchens are going to be so pissed once they learn I wasted another bag of their flower.” He sighs.

 

“How do you still not know your own strength you idiot.” Jungkook chuckles, pulling on his armor and grabbing his sword. “Shut up and get over here.” Jackson says, and Jungkook rolls his eyes, but does as he's told anyways.

 

Soon the only sound is metal hitting metal as Jackson and Jungkook both give it their all into the sword fight. Jackson fakes a swing to his left, only to switch it and attack from the right. This causes Jungkook to falter for a moment, but he still manages to block the attack at the last moment. “Good, but I know you can do better,” Jackson yells, charging at Jungkook, who easily side-steps it, spinning around to face his opponent once again. “I could say the same for you,” Jungkook throws back smirking, and Jackson laughs.

 

They duel for a little while longer, Jackson's sword getting a swipe at Jungkook's cheek, and Jungkook's sword hitting Jackson's arm. Jackson of course had armor there, unlike Jungkook's cheek, but they both knew Jackson only scratched him.

 

Jungkook bounces up as Jackson swing his sword down low, aiming for his feet, and Jungkook takes this moment to swing his own sword, knocking off Jackson's helmet, and pushing his blade up against Jackson's neck. They both stop, panting hard, Jungkook smiling proudly, and Jackson rolling his eyes fondly. “Good work kid. You got me this time, but don't expect to win again tomorrow. I'll be twice as rough.” Jackson states taking breaks to gasp for air.

 

“Hey, what time is it?” Jungkook asks suddenly, and Jackson looks outside. “Judging by the sun, I'd say a little after lunch,” He replies and Jungkook's eyes widen.


“! I needed to be in the dinning room before lunch!” He says hurrying to take off his armor and put it away.

 

“What? Why?” Jackson asks, helping Jungkook out of his plate. “My mom said we would be having visitors over for lunch, and that I needed to be present... , , , I don't have time to bathe or change out of these clothes oh my god my mom's going to be so pissed-” Jungkook says running out of the room leaving a bewildered Jackson behind holding the plate loosely in his hands.

 

---

Jungkook reaches the room panting hard and looking disheveled. Or rather, Jungkook crashed into the Dinning hall rather loudly, making everyone turn and look at the boy, gasping for air and looking absolutely mental. “Sorry I'm late, I was training and time seemed to slip by.” He breathes out, running a hand through his slightly damp locks in an attempt to make it look presentable. He makes his way over to the table, taking a seat besides his mother. “Ah, Jungkook, you should always try to be punctuate and not make up excuses.” His mother coolly says as she takes a sip from her wine glass, looking at Jungkook disapprovingly. The prince inwardly rolls his eyes, but he nods anyway. “Yes, Mother.” He sighs, as he takes a drink of cool water the servants just filled his cup with. “But, you are lucky. The food hasn't arrived yet, and our guests haven't been waiting long.” His mother says nodding down the table to the family Jungkook hadn't noticed before. There was the husband and wife, and what Jungkook presumed was their daughter. Now it all made sense to him.

 

His mother wanted him here because she has found another suitor for him. Jungkook looks at his mother with a glare, that she chooses to ignore. “This is the Mr. and Mrs. Wong, and their daughter, Choi Wang. They've traveled a long ways just to meet us,” His mother states raising a hand towards them and Jungkook smiles a forced smile at them. “Oh, really? Where do you originate from?” Jungkook asks politely and the father speaks up.

“Japan,” Jungkook's eyes widen and he feels bad that they traveled so far only to be leaving disappointed and prince-less. “That must've been a very long and tiring trip. I hope you find your stay here pleasant,” Jungkook replies in Japanese, surprising the Wong family.

 

“You speak Japanese?” Choi asks in Japanese as well, and Jungkook and his mother nod. “Yes, Jungkook is fluent in over eight languages. He grew up learning them. He was hearing Japanese, Chinese, Korean, English, German, French, Spanish, and Latin since he was able to crawl. He can speak other languages as well, he just struggles a little bit more... You should've seen him when he was three, he would always mix his languages together in sentences, and it would confuse so many people why a Korean baby would be speaking French, English, Latin and Chinese all at once at such a young age.” His mother states proudly and Jungkook rolls his eyes.

 

“No need to seem like a braggart, mother.” He says and his mother swats him gently.

 

“That's so impressive,” Mrs. Wong states, looking at Jungkook in awe, causing the tips of the prince's ears to turn red. “It's really nothing,” Jungkook chuckles sheepishly.

 

The lunch goes well enough, and the queen thinks she might've finally found someone Jungkook can withstand, but she is greatly disappointed when her son tells her rather bluntly that night that the Wong family should go home as soon as possible.

 

“Aish, Jungkook, you need to find someone eventually. You are a prince! You will be King someday! You don't have the freedom like most boys do to just sit around all day and wait for 'the one'.” His mother scolds and Jungkook nods.

 

“I know, Mother, it's just Choi wasn't the one for me.” Jungkook says already getting annoyed with hearing the same lecture he gets after every potential wife he meets. His mother scoffs and looks at him with a sour look, “And why is that? Was she not pretty enough for you or something? Honestly, Jungkook,” Jungkook looks at his mother with a surprised look. Not pretty enough? Oh no, no, no. Choi was beyond pretty, she was beautiful even, and Jungkook knew any man would die for a chance to marry someone as beautiful as her, but she just wasn't a certain brown haired, brown eyed, boxy grinning baker, who was undeniably breathtakingly gorgeous.

 

“No Mother, that's not why. She's beyond beautiful.” He sighs, forcing his thoughts about Taehyung away momentarily. “Then what is it?” His mother asks looking at her son, raising one eyebrow curiously. “I don't know, Mother. She just wasn't my type, I guess,” Jungkook says shrugging and his mother rubs her temples. “Whatever, Jungkook. I can't deal with this right now. I am retiring to my bedchambers, and I suggest you do the same. You have another long day ahead of you.” She says, turning on her heal and walking down the hallway, her heels clacking loudly against the stone flooring. Goodnight, Mother!” Jungkook calls down to her retreating form, sighing. “Goodnight, Jungkook, dear. See you tomorrow!” His mother calls back before disappearing behind the corner and into her bedroom.

 

Jungkook's stomach growls annoyingly. He hadn't eaten much at dinner that night, he was too busy thinking about his father and how he was doing at war, if Jungkook was being honest, he worries more about him then he likes to let on. He knows his father can handle himself, he is one of the best warriors they've got, but he still is human. And humans make mistakes, and mistakes can cost lives, and Jungkook just hopes he doesn't have to become King anytime soon.

 

Pushing those thoughts out of his head, Jungkook walks back down the staircase as he makes his way into the kitchens for a snack. As he walks the long corridors, Jungkook looks around at all the paintings of his family, all the kings and queens before him.

He smiles when he finds an oil painting of his mother and father when they were just children, making funny faces for the artist to paint. His parent's marriage was arranged, and they were lucky because they actually grew to love each other, but if they hadn't they would've been miserable. Which is part of the reason why his mother was giving as much freedom to picking a wife as she does. She doesn't want to force him into something, force him into a marriage that he would hate, but Jungkook knows that if he doesn't find his spouse soon, his mother will end up arranging a marriage, despite both of their wishes.

 

Jungkook walks into the kitchen, and is surpirsed to find the brown haired beauty that had been capturing his thoughts all week, kneading dough, eyebrows furrowed in concentration. “The kitchens are closed to visitors right now,” He says not even glancing up at the prince.

“Ah, sorry I didn't realize. I'll only be a moment... I didn't really eat supper,” Jungkook says, walking over to the shelves looking for something to munch on. Taehyung snaps his head up at the familiar voice, and Jungkook looks over his shoulder at him. “Hey,” He says flashing the older boy a smile before turning back over to the shelves, grabbing various things.

 

“Hi...” Taehyung says after a moment, hands stilled and eyes trained on the young prince who was inspecting a jar of jam. “Hmm... Raspberry, or peach?” The boy asks, and Taehyung responds a little distracted, “Raspberry,” “Ok! Thanks,” Jungkook says, walking back over to the baker, smiling.

 

“Do you mind if I eat it in here?” He asks, hopping up onto the counter besides Taehyung, opening the jar of jam and humming a little tune. “Ah... No,” Taehyung answers, snapping back into reality and beginning to knead the dough once more. Jungkook nods, swinging his feet and tears his roll in half.

 

“So, how're you feeling?” Jungkook asks politely, spreading the red jam across one part of his roll, stomach growling at the sight. “Ehe, sorry. Like I said, I didn't really eat supper,” Jungkook says embarrassed.

 

“Oh, it's fine.” Taehyung mutters, getting more flour and dusting his hands and surface with it. “You forgot to answer my question,” Jungkook hums, biting into his roll as he looks at the older boy with curious eyes. “Sorry, what was the question?”

 

“I asked how you were feeling... You know, since you've been sick so many days this past week and a half.” oh. No, I'm fine, I've just been avoiding you because I kissed you and I don't want to be beheadded for having an affair with the Prince. Even though you aren't really married, or even engaged to anyone at the moment. And I really want to just wipe that jam off your lip and it off my finger right now, but I know that if I do, you'll probably think I was trying to seduce you, which we all know I would be, but I can't let you know I still like you, even if it was just last week we kissed.... And I would probably skip the jam off my fingers and just kiss you instead and you look so handsome right now with your sweaty hair pushed back by your hands and how you've got a little cut on the side of your cheek and-

 

“Woah, wait hold on, are you okay? Why is your cheek bleeding? What happened?!” Taehyung asks, leaving his dough behind and rushing over to Jungkook's side. He gently takes Jungkook's face in his hands as he inspects his cheek, worry evident in his features.


“It's nothing, Tae, just a scratch,” Jungkook says turning and leaning his cheek onto Taehyung's hand. He smiles up at the baker who's now blushing slightly. “I've missed you, you know... I wish you'd stop avoiding me by pretending to be sick.” Taehyung looks away, and tries to pull his hand back, but Jungkook grasps his wrist in his own hand, keeping him from going away.

 

“Did I do something?” he asks sadly, looking like a lost puppy, and Taehyung's heart breaks. I'm hurting you by avoiding you, aren't I? “No, Jungkook, you haven't done anything wrong,” Taehyung reassures him, his thumb subconsciously running up and down Jungkook's cheek. “Then why are you a avoiding me?” Jungkook asks, eyes searching Taehyung's desperately.

 

“... Because I know that if I stay around you, I won't be able to control myself... I'll up and do something stupid like kissing you again, and we both know that we shouldn't.” Taehyung says looking away and biting his lip nervously.

“And why shouldn't we?” Jungkook asks innocently and Taehyung glances at him from the corner of his eye. “Because it's against the rules for a commoner like me and prince like you to date... And we're both men! It's against the rules and unheard of!”

 

“To hell with the rules.” Jungkook breathes, tunring Taehyung's chin to face him. Taehyung opens his mouth to say they really shouldn't, but Jungkook doesn't give him the chance. He closes to space between them, and Taehyung closes his eyes and thinks, God I was right. His lips taste like raspberry and his mouth is just as sweet. Jungkook sighs contently into Taehyung's mouth. Taehyung's lips were a little chapped, but they were still soft and sweet to the prince. Jungkook's were soft and felt like velvet, Taehyung decides he never wants to kiss anyone or anything ever again. They both decided somethng right then and there:

 

This feels so right.

 


So it can't be wrong, right?

 

 

><><><><><><><

 

Battle Grounds,

Medical tent 4B:

 

“Send word to the queen,” Someone commands, deep voice muffled by the mask he was wearing. “tell her, it was much, much worse then we imagined.” The messenger besides him nods, looking at the sick bay along side the big man. As he rides off towards the castle, he tries his hardest to forget what he saw back there. Forget what he heard. But he know it was useless. You can't forget something like that.

 

---

Back at the castle

four days later:

 

Jungkook and Taehyung have been sneaking kisses here and there; here behind the statue, there in the corner of an empty room, here in the stables, there by the pond, et cetra. Some might think they're taking things too fast, seeing as they've only just met a couple weeks ago, but to Jungkook and Taehyung, it feels like they've known each other for an eternity.

 

And as stupid and cliched as it sounds, Jungkook honestly believes they were meant to be together. Like it was fate, destiny, whatever you want to call it. Jungkook knows in his heart that he and Taehyung probably can't be together, but he also knows in his heart of hearts, that they have to be. They have to say “ the rules. I want Kim Taehyung and I'm going to ing keep him and someday marry him and maybe even have kids and there's nothing you little s can do about it!”
 

Jungkook smiles as he begins to think about his future with Taehyung. His smile grows wider as he thinks about the little Taehyungs and Jungkooks running around. He thinks about Kim Taehyung eventually becoming a Jeon Taehyung. Or maybe a Kim Jungkook? No, no, he'll be the king by then. Definitely Jeon Taehyung. He thinks about how he'll be able to kiss Taehyung without hiding it, how he'll get to wake up and see Taehyung's face every morning, and kiss it goodnight every evening. He thinks about how cute Taehyung probably looks when he's just woken up, hair messy and voice rough from not being used. He thinks about taking Taehyung all around the world, just the two of them.

 

Maybe he'll have to do that now, while he's still the prince and he has more freedom... Oh well.

 

He thinks about how he'll get to cuddle Taehyung in their giant bed, and how they'll get to even have in that bed and-

 

Jungkook coughs, blushing now, and Taehyung, who's been resting their head on Jungkook's lap, opens one eye concerned. “You okay, Kookie?” Taehyung asks, and Jungkook blushes even more from the nickname. He hurriedly nods his head, trying to give what he hoped was a reassuring smile. He catches his breath and Taehyung starts laughing. “Kookie, not to embarrass you, but I think it's best if you stopped thinking about whatever you're thinking.” Jungkook looks down at the boy laying in his lap, confused. “You're getting a little too excited,” He whispers and if Jungkook thought he was red before, god was he wrong.

 

“OH MY GOD KIM TAEHYUNG DON'T SAY STUFF LIKE THAT!” Taehyung just laughs harder at Jungkook, who's now mortified, but soon he's laughing too.

 

Once they calm down, Taehyung wiping away a tear, Jungkook smiles down at him with such admiration, Taehyung's heart swells. What did I do to deserve you? He thinks, smiling back up at the prince. “Kim Taehyung,” Jungkook starts, and Taehyung nods, smile never ceasing, “I think I'm falling in love with you.” He says and Taehyung blushes, his heart rate going a thousand miles an hour.

He leans up to kiss him, Jungkook meeting him halfway. When their lips touch, electricity sparks between the two of them, shocking them, but it was an oddly pleasant shock. It was like fireworks had been set off, and the two boys couldn't get enough of this feeling. The kiss quickly becomes more heated, more needy. Jungkook's tongue darts out to swipe across Taehyung's lips, who easily lets him inside. Their tongues wrestle for dominance as they swirl around each other.

 

Taehyung's hand snakes it's way around Jungkook's neck and up into his brown locks. Jungkook gasps into the kiss when Taehyung lightly pulls at it. Jungkook gently lays Taehyung off his lap and down onto the soft grass, Jungkook then climbs on top of him partly, his legs laying off the side as his waist up hovers over Taehyung. Jungkook's right hand was holding him steady, his left one was cupping Tae's face. They pushed and pulled the kiss, Jungkook turning his head to the side to get better access.

 

After what fellt like hours, they both pulled apart for lack of air. Panting, they look at each other, their red lips now swollen from kissing, how Jungkook's hair was messed up from Taehyung pulling and messing with it. They smile at each other, never breaking eye contact as they catch their breath. “I... Think... I've already.. Fallen in love with you.” Taehyung says, gasping for air in between the words.

 

Jungkook laughs, and rolls onto his back. Taehyung pouts, missing the warmth from Jungkook's body.

But, Jungkook seemed to notice this, as he rolls Taehyung over so his head is resting on his chest, his arm draped over his stomach, and their hands are intertwined tightly.

 

“Jungkook?”

 

“Mmm?”

 

“Can you promise me something?”

 

“Promise you what, love?”

 

“Promise me you'll never leave me.”

 

“I'll never leave you.” Jungkook replies, his thumb rubbing circles on Taehyung's hands.

 

“And never go to bed without telling me goodnight.”
 

“Wouldn't dream of it.”

 

“And never go away without saying goodbye.”

 

“I think I'd be more upset about that then you.”

 

“And never look at anyone else. I know I'm not as beautiful or as rich as some of the girls your mother's trying to set you up with but-”

 

“Tae, there's no one more beautiful then you. When I first saw you, you literally took my breath away. Those spoiled hoes ain't got nothing on you, love.” Taehyung giggles, but leans up to peck Jungkook anyways.

 

A moment of silence passes before Taehyung thinks of more promises Jungkook absolutely has to agree to.
 

“And you have to marry me if you marry anyone.”

 

“I'm glad we're on the same page then, Taehyung.”

 

“And lastly,”

 

“Yeah?”

 

“Don't die before me. We have to die together, like when we're old and wrinkly.”

 

Jungkook snorts, and Taehyung punches him softly. “This is serious you .”

 

“Alright, alright, I won't die before, or without you. Good?”

 

“Great.” Taehyung replies, snuggling in closer to Jungkook's chest. They lay there, drifting off to sleep under the shade of the willow tree, summer breeze tickling them, and Jungkook's soothing heartbeat calming Taehyung.

 

 

 

Little did Jungkook know, that agreeing to a promise is a lot harder then keeping one....

 

><><><><><><><><><

 

Jungkook wakes up to the sound of someone urgently knocking on his large wooden doors. “Jungkook!” His mother cries, and Jungkook hurries out of bed. Or he tries to, only to end up face first on the floor with a loud thump, legs tangled in his bedding. He kicks himself free, and rushes over to the door, opening it so fast he hits himself in the face.

 

Rubbing his head, he looks at his mother with wide eyes, fearing the worse. “What is it? Mother what's wrong? Don't tell me it's father... Don't tell me-” He doesn't finish that sentence, for he did not want to hear those words. His mother shakes her head, and he relaxes, but only slightly. “No, he's okay. For now, but Jungkook, it's something almost as bad.” She says her voice panicked, her eyes wild. “Then tell me! Don't waste any time,” he says hurriedly, and his mother nods. “It's here,” She says and Jungkook's heart drops. “No, it can't be.” He says and she nods her head gravely. “We-we must lock up the castle! Raise the gates! It cannot reach us! It mustn't!” He says, and his mother nods her head, panicking along with her son.

 

“Jungkook we cannot do that right now... People will grow suspicious, and we mustn't tell anyone about this until absolutely necessary. It might not even come over here, so there's no need to start unnecessary panic.” She says and Jungkook stops pacing and looks at her weirdly.

“But Mother, they have a right to know!” He says and she shakes her head. “Trust me, Jungkook, I know what's best. And right now with the war and your father, the king gone, the castle is already fragile. One more thing and it will crumble and turn into chaos.” She whispers and Jungkook sighs. He supposes his mother is right. Besides, it's no use fighting with her on this. Once she's made up her mind on something, she never listens to reason.

 

“You are to act like nothing has happened. Just go about your day as you normally would, act natural, you know the basics. That being said, get washed up and meet me downstairs for breakfast in one hour. We are not to talk about this in public, no matter what.” She says with an authoritative voice, leaving no room for any input on his end.

Jungkook nodded slowly, and she smiles at him “That's my prince. Now off you go. You look like you've risen from the dead.” She states as she walks down the corridor leaving him standing there shirtless, in only his boxers, and looking absolutely ghostly.

 

Jungkook sighed, shutting the giant oak doors once more, and asking his personal butler, Namjoon, to draw me a bath. Walking to the doors, Namjoon bows as he shuts them gently behind him saying “Yes your majesty,”, no doubt leaving to get the maids to bring pitchers of hot water. Jungkook rolls his eyes, yelling a “I've told you to call me Jungkook!” Through the door, and he hears Namjoon chuckle from down the hall.

 

Namjoon was like a brother to Jungkook. He was giving to Jungkook the day he was born, and Namjoon was still just a little boy back then. He helped rais Jungkook whilst he was being raised, and he's always treated Jungkook like a younger brother, even if he still refuses to call him anything but Your Highness, Your Majesty, Prince Jungkook, Sir, or Mr. Jeon.

 

It takes Namjoon a little while to come back and Jungkook knows it's because he probably ran into Jin, the Jester, Joker, Minstrel, whatever you wanted to call him. It's no secret to Jungkook that Jin and Namjoon are romantically involved, in fact, he helped them get together. And he's glad that they're so happy together, it's just he wishes Namjoon could have a little self control around the jester, because he's running out of time for his bath

 

“I'm so sorry, your majesty, I ran into something that needed to be addressed.” Namjoon says as he directs the chamber maids to Jungkook's large tub. “Yeah, like Jin's face.” Jungkook mutters teasingly, and Namjoon blushes. “I ah, uhm-”

“I'm only kidding, Namjoon. I'm not upset.” Jungkook says nodding to the older boy, who relaxed and smiled at the prince. “Shall I have one of the servants pick out an outfit for you, or shall you do it yourself?” He asks with his back turned away from Jungkook, who was stepping into the bathtub.

 

“Ah, I can do it today, Namjoon. Thank you,” Jungkook says, and Namjoon nods, “Then I'll take my leave, Sir.” He says walking back down the stone steps, leaving Jungkook with the chambermaids to bathe.

Jungkook's never really liked the feeling of someone he's not personally close to washing him, but he slowly got used to it, because a prince bathing himself was almost unheard of, and it certainly wasn't what his mother would want. So, he sits back and lets the maids scrub his back and massage his head with shampoos and fine soaps. He sits back and thinks about nothing and everything all at the same time.

 

Soon enough though, the maids curtsy and bow, leaving Jungkook to either soak or to get out of the bath entirely. Jungkook sits there for another moment, submerging himself completely, before he gets out and wraps a towel around his body. He looks in the mirror next to the sink, running his hand across his chin, deciding to shave really quickly. Once done with that, he walks out of the bathroom, and over to his wardrobe.

 

He changes quickly and styles his hair. Then, slipping on his shoes and dabbing a bit of cologne on, he walks out the door and down to breakfast. He sits beside his mother, who was sipping her morning tea gingerly. “Good morning, Jungkook. Glad to see you made it on time. I had my doubts because of yesterday's incident with the Wongs.” She states looking at her son who was placing a scone onto his plate.

 

“Good morning, Mother. Like I said yesterday was a one time thing. I was training hard is all.” He says stuffing the flaky goodness into his mouth, savoring the sweetness of the glaze on top of the golden pastry.

 

His mother nods, and they continue to eat in comfortable silence, only breaking it to talk about simple things like how they slept, or how they presumed the weather was going to be that day.

 

Jungkook dabbed his napkin against his mouth and stands up, excusing himself. His mother bows her head in acknowledgment, but she doesn't bother to look up at him as she continues to read the mail that had arrived moments before.

 

---

Racing through his lessons, Jungkook eagerly awaited his lunch break. He hastily apologizes to his math tutor for bumping into him, causing his books to fall down. Jungkook doesn't stay to help though, as he was on a mission to find Taehyung.

 

He rushed into the kitchen, ignoring all the “My Prince,”s and “Oh! Your majesty!”s as he raced to the back corner where Taehyung was frosting cupcakes. “Tae!” He says excitably, causing the older boy to jump and squeeze the piping bag he was holding. He looks over at the prince, his face instantly lighting up. “Jungkook! You startled me... Oh no! Look at what you made me do to the cupcake!” He says eyes wide as he looks at the purple frosting that was overflowing off the cupcake, spilling into a pile onto the counter. Jungkook smiles sheepishly and shrugs, “Guess you'll just have to eat it then.”

 

Taehyung sighs, but he's smiling. He opens his arms and Jungkook instantly walks into them, crashing his lips against Taehyung's, arms wrapped around his torso. They pull back, a little breathless, a lot smiley, and not even thinking of the possibility of the other loving someone else.

 

Jungkook smiles mischievously, as he scoops up some of the purple frosting and smears it across Taehyung's cheek. The latter gasps, swiping a glob of frosting as well and dabbing it onto Jungkook's nose. They laugh, smearing more of it onto eachother's faces, hidden in their little corner of the kitchen, away from prying eyes.

 

 

“Hey Tae,” Jungkook asks from his spot on Taehyung's lap. The older hums in response, swaying slightly and running his fingers through Jungkook's soft hair. “Do you think I'll be a good king someday?” He asks and Taehyung's finger cease momentarily, only to start up their soothing motion once more, “Yes. Maybe even better then your father,” Taehyung replies confidently, and Jungkook leans farther back into his chest. “Hmm... I hope you're right,” he mumbles, and Taehyung chuckles.

“I'm always right.”

 

“I highly doubt that, cupcake face.” Jungkook says, smile evident in his voice. “Well it's true, fish nugget.” Taehyung replies and Jungkook snorts. “How so, pastry ?” “Well, I was right about you, wasn't I, bunny boy.”


“I guess you were, dough brains”

 

“Momma's boy.”

 

“Baker Baby”

 

“Silver Spoon.”
 

“Excuse me, I am a royal-”

 

“A royal pain in my .”

 

“Whatever Fish Nugget.” Jungkook says and Taehyung laughs, “You can't steal my insult!” He says laughing and swaying both of them side to side.

 

“Just did Baguette Dickett,”

 

“You're hopeless.”

 

“-Hopelessly in love with you.” Junkook says smirking.


“Oh wow, didn't know my boyfriend was such a slick .” Taehyung laughs and Jungkook smiles.

 

“Boyfriend... I like the sound of that,” Jungkook says sighing happily and Taehyung hums. “Me too, fish nugget... Me too.”

 

 

><><><><><><><><><

 

Later that day:

 

Jungkook was walking idly, still on a high from his break with his boyfriend, when he saw a familiar face talking to Namjoon. “Jimin?” He calls, and the boy looks up. He excuses himself from Jungkook's butler, making his way hastily towards the prince.

 

“Cousin! How have you been?” Jungkook asks smiling at his favorite cousin who was more like a brother to him. “Good, but Jungkook, I'm afraid this isn't a friendly visit...” Jimin says, getting straight to the point as he grasps his younger cousin's shoulders, looking straight into his eyes. “Jungkook, your father's been captured. You need to go out there and lead your men. You need to save not only your father, your king, but also your country.” Jungkook stands there, stunned. His father was taken captive? He had to fight in the war? What?!

 

Jimin shakes him a little, eyes wide and frantic, and Jungkook swallows the lump in his throat as he sees something he's never seen in his cousin's eyes before.

 

Fear.

 

 

You're our last hope, Jungkook.”

 

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

 

The end (?)

 

So this was a quick little thing I typed up while I rolled around my dorm room.

 

I'm on this thing called the Sick List, which is where when you're sick, you're excused from all of your classes, you don't have to do any work while you're sick, no one bugs you, you're excused from dorm check, etc.

 

BUT you are not allowed to leave your dorm room besides to use the toilet. The girl's dean brings you your meals and whatever to your room, so you don't starve and stuff.

 

But what is because of the set times for wifi, I have to wait 4 hours to post this, even though it's done now. Smh.

 

So basically I'm on house arrest, but it's more like room arrest.

 

And I'm ing bored out of my mind. Okay bye!
 

 

Oh btw if anyone is wondering, yes. Yes I should be writing for my other stories, but eh. I'll do that later. Not like I have anything else to do... Besides roll around in my dorm and puke in a trash can.

 

-MM