The Line

The Line (Oneshot)

A/N: Promise me to leave a comment after you finished reading, this, okay?

---

 

The Line - Lee Chaerin/Kwon Jiyong

 

What is it about her and obsessions toward weddings?

 

25 year old Chaerin Lee. White dresses made her blush, if it’s long she’ll swoon, it’s short she’ll drool over it, if it has lace around she’ll go crazy about it, add some flower details and she’d dream about it every night and tells you the story with her eyes shining bright about the dress.

 

When she goes online, she opens wedding-related sites. It helps her imagine the dream wedding she wants for herself. Her dream wedding changes time moves by, sometimes she wants to have a little wedding on the beach, bare-footed, long flowing white dress, exotic flowers in hand. Other times, it would be a grand in a building, maybe a hotel or something with thousands of guests. She’d have the glorious wedding dress, she knows the guests would be awed because she’s gonna be awesome. You see, she can imagine herself in any kind of wedding, an outdoor picnic-like, in a prairie, even in a kindergarten. Be it in a day full of sunshine, cold winter day or even a rainy day she has no problem, no problem at all, as long as it’s a wedding.

 

Problem is, the boyfriend.

 

Kwon Jiyong, a boyfriend of 5 years. They met under very normal circumstances, nothing like those strangers in dramas, no. They didn’t met in a car accident, or hate each other at the beginning, or start off as slaves to one another, no, their love story isn’t that hate turn to love kind. It’s a love turn to love, which makes it sweeter actually.

 

He is a nice guy, they were classmates. She liked him, he liked her too, so they went out. That simple. Who would’ve known they could last this long? Sure they had fights, little fights, silly fights, big fights, shouting at each other fights (or more likely she shouted at him -she’s the drama queen alright) but in the end they find themselves in each other arms anyway.

 

So what is his problem? Does he have a fear of commitment? Not really. To put it simply, he wants to chase after his dreams first.

 

Chaerin loves to make small things big, small matters big, especially on a day like today, when Jiyong asked her out for their fifth anniversary, she had this big cloud above her eyes that he would kneel down in front of her, finally proposing to her to be his bride once and for all. But what the hell? Instead of proposing, he told her that he wanted to chase something else first?

 

Sure thing Chaerin was unhappy about this, “I thought I was your dream!” she shrieked. You see, being a drama queen was one of her specialty. She made a cute drama queen, so no worries.

 

He stayed silent. He had just told her that he had to go to Taiwan, he got a big job there, that would make big money, that would make things easier for him to make his dreams come true. It would be far easier if she could tag along but no, she couldn’t. She had jobs here, though a drama queen she knows about responsibility. Of course, in her little mind she had a plan to just leave for good, following the love of her life but reality isn’t that easy. She had school to finish, jobs to be done, and little brothers to feed (well… their puppies..).

 

“Let’s go out first,” He held out his hand to reach her, she obeyed. She was too angry to do anything anyway.

 

He took her to his studio, their favorite place. He loves drawing, no, scratch that, she loves drawing, he does drawing for a living. He’s a painter, a graphic designer, your call. She loves to draw, anywhere, on the studio wall were her drawings, random drawing. Papers were everywhere on the floor, like usual. Those papers were all hers, because his were kept tidy in a stack on the desk.

 

“Here,” he gave her a marker.

 

She looked up, what now? Why would he want her to draw? She was in one of her worst moods! For goodness sake does this boy even have brains?

 

“Draw anything you want,” but instead of giving her a pile of blank crisp paper (which she always always always loves), he took off his shirt instead (and she had her eyes widened at this sight, her boyfriend is smoking hot anyway).

 

She gritted her teeth, did he think by showing off his abs and y back she would melt and forget the fact that he’s leaving in 48 hours just like that?

 

No freaking way.

 

Forcefully, she opened the cap and started drawing anything on his skin, she filled his skin from the back to his arms to his abs with anything her brain could come up with. There were cats and dogs and rainbow, and clouds and… anything. When she couldn’t find any place to draw anymore, she realized her eyes had been foggy all the time, and it seemed like unconsciously she had been crying all along.

 

“Are you done?” He stared at her with that warm stare of his, one that melts her coldest heart. She nodded meekly, drawing sure helped her through the stress and he smiled.

 

“My turn, then.”

 

“Oka- wait! What? What? You didn’t tell me you’ll take revenge!” She said, putting her arms across her chest, wouldn’t that mean she would have to take off her clothes and be a canvas for him too?

 

He laughed a little laugh, and her heart fluttered, even when she was angry her heart never stopped loving him. “My turn, you know” he repeated, stretching out his hand to pull hers away from her chest and she could feel her heart beating fast. She took a good look at him. Man, she had done a perfectly great job, his body was literally filled with silly drawings. There is no way in hell he should make take revenge!

 

Instead of taking her clothes off, he took her left hand. “My revenge…” he said in a low voice, his hand was busy with the marker.

 

“Done” he announced.

 

“What?” It wasn’t even half a second since he put the marker on her skin, “what the hell did you make?”

 

He put up her left hand high for her to see, and she could feel tears starting to form, clouding her sight. He drew a line, a simple line, around her fourth finger.

 

“Well I think I just proposed to you?”

 

 

He would still go to Taiwan in 48 hours, and she would still have to stay, and they wouldn’t be able to meet daily like they do now, but she has a new goal now.

 

She’ll wait for him, and they’ll have their wedding after a year, and their friends will all come, and she will be the prettiest bride of all.

 

So maybe just maybe, she doesn’t actually mind taking off her clothes for him to draw anything he wants tonight.

 

---

 

comments? *puppy eyes*