Relationship?

The Intern

“So we’re not going to the movies anymore?”

“I told you I’m sorry Jongin! I only got the message really late last night.”

Sehun sat down at the table on the opposite side of Jongin, who had been quietly reading the morning newspaper until Sehun walked in with the bad news.

“So what is it now again?” Jongin said with an irritated voice “Another dinner? Another trip? Does he want you just for fun?”

“He needs to go to a party, and I don’t wanna let him go alone.”

“So you'd rather let me go to the movies alone? We already had the tickets Sehun!” Jongin slammed his fist on the table when saying his name and it made Sehun flinch.

“Y-you can go with Kyungsoo right?”

“Yeah I can, but I wanted to go with my best friend for once. Ever since you came back from that trip last week you changed. We’ve been trying to plan this ing movie for the 3rd time now and again, you cancel because of that guy.” Jongin let out a sigh and took a few seconds for himself to calm down. “What's going on Sehun? Ever since that trip you haven’t been home even for one night.”

“Nothing happened…” he lied, and Jongin didn’t look like he was convinced by it either.

“Sehun I’m not stupid. I’ve seen those marks on your neck, it’s not helping that you get new ones every time. And I’ve also seen this.”

Sehun was confused “What do you mean by ‘this’?”

Jongin slid the newspaper that was in front of him to the other side of the table and Sehun didn’t even need to flip it around to see what it was about since the title was displayed in big, bold letters. With a sigh he turned it so he could read the entertainment page that Jongin had opened for him.   

Byun Baekhyun’s new relationship? What first looked like one of his new flings, turns out to be more than that. The 32 year old CEO of Byun Enterprises seems to have completely fallen for the more than 9 years younger Oh Sehun, the fourth year PA student at Seoul University who recently came to work for Byun’s company. The two have been spotted together on many occasions outside of work: at restaurants, shops and even at each other’s houses, but after last week it can be confirmed there is more going on than just a good boss-worker relationship. The couple was spotted last week visiting the Main Office of Byun enterprises in Guangzhou, China, but it seems like Byun hasn’t taken the younger boy with him only for business purposes. The rumors about the CEO and his assistant having more than a professional relationship have been confirmed yesterday after we received some photo evidence. The person who provided us with this information would like to remain anonymous, but did give us the following details; “I spotted them at the airport together while I was waiting for my own plane. From what I’ve seen the two seemed very intimate and Byun clearly couldn’t keep his hands of the other.” As seen in the pictures below we can almost be certain these two are in a romantic relationship, but the important question is, will Oh Sehun last longer than all the previous ones? Or will he follow their path and fail to satisfy Byun’s needs?

Sehun looked at the pictures that were attached to the article and his eyes widened.

“Did you really think it was smart to do that in a public place?”

“I tried to warn him, but he said no to care too much about it.”

“Mr. Byun… I don’t know if this is smart…”

They were just sitting on some benches next to the gate, waiting for their plane to be ready to board and Sehun noticed that ever since last night Baekhyun had been very touchy with him. And not that Sehun didn’t like that, but in public he felt kind of uncomfortable with it.

“Why not? You don’t like me doing that?”

Baekhyun’s hand was right on Sehun’s thigh and not in an innocent way, it was fairly close to his private parts.

“No… no that’s not it. It’s just that there are other people around now and you know… You’re quite known…”

“You mean you’re scared we’re getting followed? Sehun, if I always thought like that I couldn't do anything anymore. Yes, I have to watch out what I’m doing in front of the public eye, I know I’m being watched all the time whenever I’m out of my house or the office. But there’s nothing wrong with expressing my affection for someone, you aren’t ashamed of any of this right?” Sehun quickly shook his head “Well then there is also nothing wrong with me doing this.” Baekhyun placed his hands on Sehun’s cheeks and turned his head, making them face each other and planted a kiss right on his lips.

And of course that exact moment was caught on camera, along with two other pictures. One of Baekhyun playing with Sehun’s hands in that same waiting area and another one of them walking with Baekhyun’s arm wrapped around Sehun’s waist with clearly no space in between them.

He stared at the pictures for a few more moments before closing the newspaper and throwing it off the table while cursing to himself.

“Tell me all about it, right now.” Jongin said with a calm, but slightly threatening voice.

“Things happened… back on that trip.”

“Things?” Jongin said while sitting back in his chair, crossing his arms over his chest.

“It had just been a long, stressful day at the office and we went to the hotel where we shared a room. We just had a nice night, ate some food and talked. And there were touches, but that was all, nothing more, until I actually wanted to go to sleep. I was preparing to go to bed and he just… he came up to me and…” Sehun didn’t wanna call it ‘seducing’, because even if that was maybe what the elder had done to him that night, Sehun had already fallen for him way before that “H-he confronted me with my own feelings. He knew we both had been waiting for it a while now so I just went along with it.”

“So is that what you’ve been up to every night? Are you purely going to his place to ?”

Sehun noticed the judging tone his friend was speaking to him with, but he couldn’t really blame him “Not only for that… We did go out to dinner twice, and I did have to work until late one of those days but… yeah, sometimes it did end up in doing that.” ‘Sometimes’ was maybe a bit of a lie, but if he told Jongin that there probably wasn’t a room in Baekhyun’s house they hadn’t had in yet he didn’t think his friend would have any respect for him left.

“So does this mean the article is right? Are you two in a relationship now?”

“Maybe?” he answered silently.

“Maybe? What’s that for an answer?” Sehun wanted to tell Jongin that it’s complicated but he didn’t get the chance to answer when the other spoke again “Look, I know you like him a lot, so I’m happy for you that things are finally going somewhere but I hope you realise you’re dealing with Byun Baekhyun. He’s known for being a player and I don’t give a what this guy does, but as soon as he touches my best friend and dares to hurt him even with one finger I will take action, okay?”

Sehun just quietly nodded while looking down at the table. Jongin was right, he should be more careful with Baekhyun, but he couldn’t hide his feelings anymore, it was too late now. All Sehun could do now was hope for things to work out in their relationship, or whatever it was he had with his boss.

 

Sehun arrived that day at work and it was the first time in the past 8 weeks that he felt uncomfortable doing so. As soon as he entered the building through the big glass doors, people were staring at him. When he came across little groups of people he could even hear them whisper his name. He quickly walked towards the elevator and went straight to the top floor instead of making a stop at the canteen for a cup of coffee like he normally would.

When he arrived at his own office he was surprised to find the door to Baekhyun’s one still locked. He was looking forward to say hi to someone who would actually be excited to see him instead of all those weird stares he got from everyone else.

He sat down on his desk and saw a sticky note attached to his computer screen.

I had to go to an emergency meeting with Minseok but didn’t wanna bother waking you up this early to go with me. I’ll be back after lunch - Baekkie

Sehun laughed at the name his boss had given himself and stored the note safely in his bag instead of throwing it away after reading.

Sehun just went on with his work like he normally would and it was luckily distracting him from the not so pleasant welcome he’d gotten from his co-workers this morning, but of course there had to be someone who came in to remind him of this whole situation…

Sehun was just on the phone with someone when he saw Jongdae walk into his office and take a seat in the lounge opposite of his desk. It was distracting Sehun slightly as he watched how the elder just was looking at him working but he managed to end his phone call fairly quickly to be able to speak to him.

“Hey Sehun,” Jongdae said as soon as Sehun put the phone down “Am I interrupting?”

“Uhm no you aren’t Mr. Kim, but Mr. Byun is gone. He’ll be back later today.”

“I’m not here for him Sehun, I’m here for you.”

“Ohh… yeah I have some time now.”  

“Do you maybe wanna go down to the canteen and have a drink, maybe some early lunch?”

Sehun normally would’ve said yes immediately, Jongdae was a very nice person, very direct like his boss, but he’d never been mean to Sehun. He even had lunch with him and Junmyeon a few times before whenever Baekhyun was gone or in a meeting. But the idea of being surrounded by a lot of people right now didn’t seem like something he wanted right now “C-can we just… stay here?”

Jongdae looked at him for a few second before speaking “So you’ve noticed it too now?”

“Noticed what?” Sehun already had a feeling what he was talking about, but just in case he was wrong he didn’t wanna bring up the topic himself.

“Oh come on Sehun, you’re a smart kid. You know what I’m talking about but before I really tell you what I’m here for, do you think it’s smart, regarding your internship, what you’re doing?”

“What do you mean?”

“Sehun, stop playing dumb!” Jongdae said, with a now slightly irritated voice “Come here. And lock the door in case someone comes in.”

Sehun came from behind his desk and sat down on the couch next to Jongdae, locking the entrance to his office on his way.

“Sehun you know what I’m talking about and I’m not here to criticise you, I’m here for your own good. So what I firstly want to warn you about is school, you know you’re won't be able to hide this anymore now right?”

This was something Sehun hadn’t even thought about, but Jongdae was right, this could end really bad for him. “I know…”

“I already saved you that one time your teacher came to visit, but I don’t know if I can now. Of course Baekhyun will write your final evaluation because you worked for him, but if the school finds out just how close you two are they might think it’s not an honest review.”

“So what should I do?”

“I don’t think you can do much now. The news is out so I would say just don’t do anything stupid now that you’re being watched too. But that you can’t do anything, doesn’t mean I can’t…” he gave Sehun a small smile before continuing to talk “You see, since I’m your supervisor whenever Baekhyun isn’t here I also have a say in your evaluation. I can vouch for you that your personal relationship with Mr. Byun had no influence on your work at the company, my word should be enough to convince them.”

“Thank you.” Sehun happily smiled and made a small bowing motion towards the elder.

“Hold on, don’t thank me yet. I’ll only do it on one condition.”

“And that is?”

“Keep Baekhyun away from you at the office.”

Sehun thought Jongdae was joking, since he should know how stubborn his friend can be, but there was no smile to be found on the elder’s face. “Uhm okay but… why?”

“I’ve been getting complains from other workers, about you.”

“About me?” Sehun said surprised, what could other people have to complain about him?

“Yes you, not about how you work, you’re doing a great job for the company, but they did complain about you and Baekhyun. People think you’re getting unfair advantages because of your closeness to your boss.”

“Unfair advantages?” Sehun still didn’t really know what this could mean.

“For example, some of our representatives have to travel a lot to other companies and get a car they can use during work time. And not that they get bad cars, on the contrary, they are very luxurious cars, but when you started arriving at work in that brand new sports car people weren’t even questioning who you got it from.”

Thas was honestly a fair point. Of course Sehun loved his car, but he also knew is was ridiculous getting it gifted from someone you had known just for a few weeks.

“They also talked about how it’s inappropriate how intimate the two of you have been at the office. Some said they think it’s not appropriate to act like that towards your boss during work time, and they are right…”   

They were right, but there was not much Sehun could do. In their office he really had a hard time keeping Baekhyun off him, he would even admit to Jongdae that things might’ve gone way further than just touches in their office if he already didn’t feel like he was being scolded by him. But Baekhyun didn’t stop outside the office… When they were in the canteen, at another department or even walking towards the parking lot, Baekhyun was always there next to Sehun, probably holding on to either his leg, waist or his hands.

“And a few more things like that. Long story short, people don’t care about what you two do together, as long as you keep your private life separate from the office. So, can you do that for me? These people are driving me insane because this isn’t the first time I'm getting these kind of complains for them about Baekhyun and a co-worker.”

“I’ll try, but I want one thing from you…” Jongdae’s last words had made him think and he knew the elder had the information he’d been wanting for awhile now.

“You’re not really in a position to negotiate since I’m the person here who’s saving your .” Jongdae said laughing.

“I know but I need your help with this.”

“Alright,” Jongdae said with a small sigh “What is it?”

“Tell me about Baekhyun's past relationships…”

Sehun saw Jongdae think for a few seconds before answering “How long till he comes back?”

Sehun checked his watch “Probably about 2 hours at least.”

“Let’s go to a nearby café to have some lunch, this might take a while.”

 

a/n Jongdae about to do what he does best, exposing others lol