Chapter 1

Letters to me, from me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I am looking at the envelope I got just now. It looks old but neat, it's yellowish. It says that the letter is from me or is there any Heather Lim living in California who wants to give a letter to me? I chew the bite of toast inside my mouth which I almost forget because I'm busy thinking about any possible person who dares to prank me on the first day of my vacation. Was it Courtney? She thinks that I'm flirting with her ex-boyfriend Eli, just because we're childhood friends whose touchy with each other, and I didn't even think of that, on the other side, I did have a crush on Eli when we're still 11 but duh, I was new in the neighborhood and  his handsome face were a shock to me. And he's my first non-asian friend. Or was it Taylor who just hook up with my ex-fling Jeremy? 

I snort out laughing, thinking about it. For goodness sake, I believe that the two of them aren't crazy, I mean they're crazy but not enough crazy to do that. My palms starts to sweat not because it's summer but because I'm kind of nervous. I stand up and shake my hands to ease the nervousness coiling up in my body. Who wouldn't be nervous receiving a prank mail? What if it's a threat which says, 'yehey, you opened,I just want to know that I hate you,I'm coming for you and prepare yourself Heather'.

I sit back on my chair and looks at the letter which's been sitting on my study table for thirty minutes now. You just need to grab it heather. Which I did. I pick the letter up and raise it against the sunlight to take a peek what's inside. A paper,I see. Safe enough. 

I cut the letter vertically on the left side and slides my finger and pinch the letter out. I hesitate for a second but what would words can do to harm me? The letter were type-written and it says:

 

Dear Heather,

It's your 10th year in California congratulations! I know you've adjusted well with the lifestyle in California. You've been in love, sad broken, happy and thankful which all happened in California.

I pause reading halfway, it's already creepy to receive a mail for yourself but it's creepier that the letter says the truth.

You love California bur you should never forget the place you first loved Heath, South Korea. It's where mommy lived and where mommy belonged. I hope you'll see how mommy saw Korea because it's beautiful. 

That's definitely a lie. Why woild I love that country? 

I know you're saying this is all bull but I know what you really feel because I am you afterall and You are Me. 

 

Love,

Heather

Wow. This whole letter thing is getting on my nerves, that's why i decide to tuck it inside back the envelope and take a shower just in case I'm just dreaming.

I run down the stairs and sees my sister having cereals and my father eating a toast while holding a newspaper. He's an accountant and boring-but not for the two us, Kelly and Me. My sister kelly is 5 years younger than me, despite that gap we're still close but constantly bickers anyway.

I pull a chair across Kelly, and sit down. Dad's eyes immediately turned to me. Right, i can see through his black-framed eyeglasses. He was going to say so i say it first.

"Alright," i surrender."I was going to finish my toast even without you telling me." I say as I grab the bitten toast and chomp it off.

"So what does the letter say?" He

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter