Querencia (And You’re the Only Thing in My Mind All Day)

Querencia (And You’re the Only Thing in My Mind All Day)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

The question was asked in the dark, faint yet inviting: “Do you want to go back to Busan with me...?”

 

It was almost their last day on the Produce 101 dorm, near midnight and all the lights were out; their roomates were fast asleep—soft snores even heard from the other corner of the room. The two of them lied on Daniel's share of the bunk bed, sprawled together with legs tangled onto each other.

 

Daniel lied there beside him on the outer side of the bed, propped himself using his elbow, facing him while Seongwoo laid his head on the latter's other arm, using it as a pillow. His eyes were adjusted to the darkness as he could see the outline of Daniel's features, their faces were inches apart and the younger's minty breath were warm against his face.

 

The MMO trainee's eyes stared straight onto Seongwoo's soul, soft locks fell on his forehead as the younger male's lips curled softly into a sweet smile. Seongwoo wanted to retort that if he go to Busan it wouldn't be called as go back—it wasn't his hometown; he will merely visiting as a tourist. He hesitated to answer for a bit though; clammed up as taken aback from the sudden proposition.

 

Seongwoo shifted, half propped himself using his own elbow. “Mmm...” He mumbled, unsure. Since his forearm was freed, Daniel's fingers nudged his back softly. The younger male added a small, “Hmmm?” asking for his response. Those fingers started to create soothing circle patterns on his back, and Seongwoo slowly replied.

 

“I can't.”

 

The younger's eyes flicked; failed to hide his disappointment. There's a pang throbbed inside Seongwoo's heart; he felt like he was just abandoning a puppy under a heavy rain. “I'd love to, really—” The Fantagio trainee tried to explain, “But I've promised my Mom that I'll spend the free day with her. You know, after all these time—us being away from family and all...”

 

Daniel smiled at him, soft and full of adoration. “I understand,” The usual low tone was even huskier, “It will be a lie to say that I'm not upset, but it's my bad. I've should invite you sooner.” Those long fingers still on his back, traced more circle patterns. Seongwoo held his breath as Daniel tugged him closer; the younger pressed their forehead together, “I'm kinda wish I can spend our last free day together, though. Maybe next time.”

 

Seongwoo nodded slowly.

 

Daniel's body heat felt warm against his own, smelled like their body wash and fabric softener—but his natural scent was stronger around his neck. Seongwoo moved closer, and Daniel complied by half-embracing the older male; letting the latter pressed his nose on the crook of his neck. Seongwoo inhaled, mumbled something inaudible, then brushed his lips on the younger's collarbone.

 

He loves this particular scent of Daniel; especially when the smell become stronger and muskier whenever the younger was aroused—their lips locked as their bodies ground together. They haven't do it all the way; it was difficult to find somewhere private on their rowdy dorm and both of them wanted the first time to be something special and not just a quickie.

 

“It's late, let's sleep,” Daniel mumbled, kissed the top of Seongwoo's head before combed the latter's hair using his fingers. Seongwoo's hair was still slightly damp from the washing, the smell of shampoo was still fresh, lingered in the air. Daniel continued to pat and comb the Fantagio trainee's hair in steady, repeated pattern. It felt nice, and Seongwoo's corner lips curled upwards. “Mmm,” he responded, voicing a hum of agreement. “I like it when you do this...”

 

Daniel chuckled, have no heart to tell the older male that he used the same gesture to his cats back home. “I know,” He replied, “And I like doing it.”

 

Soon they were lulled to sleep, Daniel circled his arms around Seongwoo's shoulder and embraced his hyung tight—the raven haired snuggled to him; using the MMO trainee's shoulder to rest his head, one of his arm circled Daniel's waist and rested on the latter's hips.

 

“Call me after you reached Busan,” Seongwoo murmured for the last time before drifted to sleep, and the younger replied with a faint sleepy mmmhh hum.

 

 

***

 

Daniel didn't call.

 

Seongwoo stared at the digital numbers on his phone screen; the younger male should reached his hometown hours ago, since he left the dorm to catch the train just after dawn. Seongwoo had been agitated since morning, waiting for Daniel's call—he wanted to hear the taller male's voice so badly, just to assured him that the latter had reached his destination safe and sound. Pursed his lips into a slight pout, Seongwoo tsk-ed as he wondered if the latter was too sleepy to even heard his words yesterday.

 

“Aigoo, our Seongwoo looked so glum,” The feminine voice beside him brought Seongwoo back to reality: he was in the city with his mother. The two of them were shopping at the department store; his mother was holding a blue shirt with white stripes on one of her hand, a solid grey with white collar on her other hand. She was picking clothes for him, saying that it's been a while since she actually buying any article of clothing for her son. I will buy you a shirt and you need to wear it, okay Seongwoo-ah?

 

Seongwoo recognized that smile on his mother's face, the kind of smile he never comfortable with since his mother always wear that particular smile before teasing him. “Eomma—“

 

“You're with your dear eomma yet you always stare at your phone,” It was an emotional blackmail, his mother jokingly acting like a pitiful mother on the afternoon soap drama; the sigh was exaggerated as she shook her head slowly—Seongwoo got his dramatic antics from his mother after all: DNA is indeed something scary. “Eomma is sad that her son behave like this...”

 

“Eomma—“ Seongwoo pleaded, acting aegyo as he clutched on his mother's hem, “Sorry~? It's just I'm waiting for a phone call and it worries me, that's all.”

 

His mother's eyes twinkled after hearing her son's reply, “...a phone call from your girlfriend?”

 

Paused for a second, Seongwoo chuckled, “No.” Daniel definitely not a girlfriend. His build even bigger than mine. The grin haven't left his mother's face, “No? Boyfriend, then?”

 

The question took Seongwoo by surprise. “Eomma...!” He raised his tone, hushed her down with a dust of pink trailed on his cheeks and the tip of his ears. He didn't wear his usual surgical mask, which usually covered a good portion of his face in public. As today was his last free day before moving to the WANNA ONE's dorm, he wanted to see how famous he became after the show. His mother especially anticipated the probability of fans recognized her son among the crowd, but so far no one actually approached him. The other customers at the store belongs to the older range of age and even though they stole glances at him, none of them actually giving him the reaction his mother wanted.

 

“Don't be so shy, why not!” His mother patted his cheeks lovingly, “Aigoo look how red you are! So it's true then?”

 

“What—“

 

“It was the boy whom your cousin like, wasn't it? The one with the 1st rank? You two were all over the media, you know,” His mother's grin went wider, “We do read and follow your fans's tweets, Seongwoo-ya. The netizen named you two as OngNiel.”

 

“Wait, you guys followed the fans's tweets?” Seongwoo deadpanned. His mother tsk-ed him, “Those tweets were fun, actually. And that Daniel boy was so polite last time. He was so handsome too, no wonder your cousin were so smitten by him.”

 

There were moments Seongwoo wanted to be able to retort back, saying a great comeback that poetic yet really effective. Most of the time he managed to do so. This particular moment with his mother wasn't one of that moments.

 

And Daniel still haven't call him.

 

 

***

 

Seongwoo took his mother to Bupyeong Culture Street, his hands were full of heaps of plastic shopping bags from the department store. Much to his dismay, his mother managed to buy a couple of dress shirts, some cotton T-shirts with prints on them, bundle of socks, new fluffy towels, new pjamas, and the most embarassing thing: packs of new underwears.

 

“Eomma, I got enough clothes. I didn't need these—“

 

“Nonsense, you'll stay on that dorm for one and a half year, you obviously need new stuffs,” His mother smacked his palm, “Let eomma buy things for you, just like years ago when you're younger...! Now, which type do you wear these days: boxer or briefs?”

 

Seongwoo sighed.

 

It was crowded, the street was filled with so much shops and there was people everywhere. His mother nudged him, “Will people recognized you here?” Her voice was kinda drowned in the noise of the buzzing crowds, and Seongwoo leaned to his moth

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter