confessions

If only..

“Woojin-ah! Come out! Let's playyyyy!”

“Yeah woojinnie hyung! Hurry!”

“Woojinnie play with us!”

“Woojin hyung! Come play”

 

Woojin who just woke up from his nap looked outside the window to see what was happening. He saw his friends waving at him before his mother had opened the door and ushered them in.

 

“Aunty, is woojin up?”

“Can we play with him?”

 

Woojin hears from inside his room. He also hears a bunch of feet coming closer to his room. So that means his mom said yes. Woojin excitedly gets ready, grabbing whatever shirt and shorts that were on top of his folded clothes. A few seconds later, his door was about to get destroyed from the amount of banging outside.

 

“Woojinnie open the dooooor”

“Hyuuuuuuuuung. Doooooooooooor”

“Woojin. Woojin. Woojin. Wake up!”

“Lets play!! Let's play!!”

 

Woojin walked over to his door to open it. Once opened, his door flung wide open and woojin was on the ground while his friends were all piled on top of him. The whole lump were a bunch of giggles and laughs after that. One by one they rolled off of each other.

His friends were all jumping around all over his room. Two on his bed, one near the window, and one just in the middle of the room. They were all screaming at woojin to hurry up so they could go out and play. To think the friends that he had since he was four years old, are now acting like a bunch of four year olds, even if two of them are nine now and the other two are eight and seven.

However, he still is excited to play anyways. He hurriedly dressed up and shooed all of them out, worried that they might mess up his room more or worse.

All five of them zoomed out of the park household, heading straight for the playground nearby. Woojin didn't forget to kiss his mom before leaving though.

 


 

 

Once at the park, the boys played alot. They played tag, racing, basketball (seonho brought the ball), hopscotch, and many more games they could think of. At one point when they were all tired, hyungseob had volunteered to go buy some flavored ice tubes. To cool down he says.

Seonho had tagged along cause he wanted to choose a flavour, and because seonho tagged along, guanlin did too. That left woojin and jihoon alone together at the playground. Both were too tired to move, that was their excuse. (or more like it was jihoon's reason and woojin just wanted to stay with jihoon.)

The two of them were lying on the ground tired out. They talked while waiting for the others. woojin was very much happy he got to spend time alone with jihoon. There was a pink tint on his cheeks the whole time, but he could blame it on the heat if anyone asks.

Thing is, woojin has a huge crush on jihoon but he'll never say it, nor will he confess ever in his life. Jihoon was his first crush, it's been a year now since he started to like him. Jihoon was perfect in woojin’s eyes. He also likes to think he's very subtle and not obvious at all with his crush on jihoon.

So right now, he enjoys this alot. Woojin just listens to whatever jihoon was talking about, which was mostly about what was going on in school since both of them go to different schools.

A while later, the three had finally came back with the ice sticks. Seonho ran over to woojin and jihoon, dropping an ice tube each on their chests. Woojin smiled, hyungseob got him his favorite flavor. However, seonho was just standing there after that. He didn't move to sit down nor did he run back to the others. Now that woojin noticed, where are the other two?

 

“I have news to tell, “ seonho announces. The two sat up and waited for seonho to continue.

The boy standing slowly broke into a mischievous smile. “Hyungseob hyung has a crush on woojin hyung.”

He then pointed at a tree behind them where hyungseob was peeking behind from and guanlin who was holding hyungseob back if he attempts to stop seonho.

Both woojin and jihoon turned to look at the direction seonho was pointing to. Then woojin turned back to seonho.

“Tell him, I'm sorry but I have a crush on someone else”

Seonho looked sadly at hyungseob before nodding at woojin’s request. He then ran over to the two behind the tree.

“You have a crush?” Jihoon looks at woojin, he also tilts his head, curious.

Woojin however, looks away. Can't bear to look at jihoon in the eyes with this topic. He tries to will himself to not blurt out his secret. Not looking at jihoon, instead focusing on his hands as he fidgets with them, he answers “Yeah, I do”.

Jihoon nodded at his reply, turning back to face forward. “Same, I do too. I have one at school.” Jihoon smiled. Probably thinking about his crush.

Woojin kinda felt his heart drop at that. woojin does not go to jihoon’s school. That means it's not him. Jihoon has a crush on someone else. Woojin just laughed weakly.

“Same, I have a crush at school too.” Kindergarten to be exact, woojin continues in his head. Since all of them went to the same kindergarten, that's how they met and became friends.

They dropped the crush topic and continued talking about other things. However, the three didn't join them. Jihoon had noticed but woojin didn't think about it much.

“They're probably playing around somewhere nearby” Woojin says.

Both boys ate their ice tubes and continued talking.

 

However, the three were at the swings. The two youngest were comforting the elder. Eventhough hyungseob said he was fine and was smiling. The two could see it was a sad smile and not the usual happy smile. Seonho felt bad, should he have not told woojin about hyungseob’s crush? He doesn't like to see his hyung sad. The younger ones looked at each other, lost at how to cheer up their hyung.

 


Notes:

ice sticks are like frozen drinks? but in a stick form? I mean ice. like example grape juice. In ice form. The whole ice is grape juice when melted. you get me? Just not cube shaped. its stick shaped. OKAY SCRATCH THAT I CHANGED IT TO FLAVORED ICE TUBES.

woojin is mean. how tf could he just do that to hyungseob. I mean, see he got hurt too when jihoon said he had a crush on someone. HYUNGSEOB. IS.HURT.TOO. WOOJIN STOP BEING BLINDED BY PARK JIHOON. (yes he's blinded by jihoon that's why hyungseob wasn't in his thoughts much after the somewhat confession.)

also. This was based on a rl experience. and sadly. I was the mean woojin. raises arms up. IM GUILTY. FORGIVE ME. I WAS YOUNG AND BLINDED.