Just another chaotic life.

Stop The Rain.

A/N: Warning! Foul language in bits of this chapter.


 

The following morning, Jay walks out her bedroom sniffling. 

“Told ya it’s a cold.” Emily says. 

“Ugh I know right…” Jay replies with a weak voice. 

“Hey, you okay? Come to think of it, you were coming home soaking wet from the rain for a few days now. Rest at home for today ey?” 

“I’m fine. You know I can’t do that do you…?” Jay says as bitterness crept into her face. 

“Seriously Jay, how long are you going to put up with that of a company? They treat you like trash and make you do stupid things.“

“Not now, okay Em?” 

“Fine. I’ll let it go for now.” Emily sighs.

“Okay. I’ll be late today so don’t wait up!” she says dashing to the front door.

“There you go again!” Emily whines to nobody. 

 



As soon as she arrived at work, her senior colleague made her clean the meeting room. The whole room looked like a storm just went by; papers, food wrappers and even leftover food scattered everywhere. 

“I guess they did another 'brainstorming' session yesterday...” Jay can only sigh at the sight she’s seeing. They rarely let her join in the meetings; she really has no idea what she’s doing there. Her fever’s not doing any help either. 

By the time she finished cleaning, she felt a little dizzy but shrugged it off when the team manager approaches. 

“You’re free right? Take this and retype everything in the format given.” He says and dumped a stack of paper which looked like 10 pages worth of document.

“Yes.” She can do nothing but accept it. It looks pathetic and stupid but that’s who she became after all the misery she went through. 

“And, finish by today.” He adds before leaving.

‘What the hell? I’m not a robot!’ but she sat in front of the PC anyway. Jay kept typing, not budging from the sit even until lunch time pass by. She would sneeze and get headache from time to time but only brushes it off. When she was done with the document, almost everyone had already left work. She submitted the work anyway. 

 



Jay walks to the nearest café, only now remembering to fill her stomach. That’s who she is, work would make her forget about food and it’s really not good for her health. She sits at one of the corner in that western café, how she missed her home food. 

“Hey, Jacelyn! It’s been a while…” Jason, one of the waiter said approaching her table. 

“Hey Jason… yeah, work’s killing me.” 

“I’d say, that might actually happen seeing as you always work your of. Your face says everything.” 

“Things just turned out like this. Anyway, I’d take the roasted beef burger set please?” she says trying immediately changing the topic. 

“Coming right up!” Jason says leaving with a smile, knowing her friend’s probably too worn out to play with him now.

Being a Korean American, naturally Jay would befriend almost all the English speakers she meets. She sits there staring at a file on her hand. 

‘I wish I can directly hand you to the producers and they’d accept it. But it seems so hard right now.’

She was so occupied in her thoughts she couldn’t even notice someone been staring at her since her little chat with Jason earlier. 

Soon after, Jason came back with the menu she ordered. 

“Here’s your order, boss.” He says leaving with a wink. 

“Well thank you, ‘Ahjussi’.” She smirks. A/N: for some of you who might don’t know, Ahjussi means ‘Uncle.’

Jay lifts up her fork but then her phone buzzed. - Incoming call from Mr. Kim. - Was what it said. 

“Hey, where are you?” he half shouted.

“I’m near the office Sir.” 

“Come to Oh PD’s shooting location immediately. They need a translator or something.”

“But…”

“No buts! Move, quick!” he yells. Truth is, her whole company was full of pushovers and she's not exempted. 

Jay put down her fork along with a few cash on the table, shouting
“Jason I’m leaving!” as she rush out the door.

 




Few moments later… 

Brian stands up from his seat, leaving the café when he saw a file on the table beside his. 

“I think this is hers…?” he mumbles to himself. He knows it wrong but he opened the file anyway.
‘Well, I’m just checking the owner of this anyway.’

As he reads through the content, “this seems pretty interesting…” he whispers to no one in particular and decides to read further. 

“Found it.” He smirks as he found the owner’s biography in between the papers. 

‘So… Jacelyn Lee huh.’ He thought as his fingers press on the screen of his IPhone 7 plus, typing the latter’s phone number.
After a few rings, she picks up. 

“Hello, Miss Jacelyn Lee?” 

“Hi, yes it’s me. Who are you?” She frowns at the unfamiliar voice plus he’s speaking English too. 

“I think you left something here, a file to be exact.” 

“Oh my God, I didn’t even notice it. Can you please leave it with a waiter, i think he's wearing a beige snapback? Thank you so much.” 

“It’s okay. Jason’s looks busy right now. I’ll wait at the café instead.” 

“Oh you know him? alright then, thanks.” 

Jay made a U-Turn at the next traffic light and arrived at the café not long after. Brian waves to her as soon as he sees her coming in. 

“Hi. I’m Jacelyn Lee, call me Jay.” She introduces as he gestures her to sit in front of him. ‘He’s not so bad looking ey’

“Hey. Brian Nam. Call me Brian.” He hands out his hand for a handshake. ‘I think I’ve seen her somewhere…’ 

Jay replies the gesture smiling. 

“I guess this is yours…?” he adds. 

“Oh yeah, sorry for the trouble. Thanks a lot.” She smiles sheepishly, embarrassed for being so silly. 

“It’s okay. Anyway, why do I keep thinking I’ve you somewhere before…?” he frowns.

“It’s probably just someone that looks like me.” she says, ‘now that he said it, I think I’ve seen him too…’ her brain’s trying hard to recollect the memories when…

“Airport!” both of them half yelled to each other.

Truth is, both of them bumped into each other at Incheon Airport around two weeks ago. Brian was too engrossed gaming away on his phone and Jay was looking for something in her bag; their heads bumped into each other but all they did back then was give each other a glance and a slight bow, no words exchanged and both left to their own ways. 

“Gosh, I thought you were such an arrogant back then.” Jay spits out unknowingly. 

“Well, my first impression of you wasn’t that great either.” He wriggles his eyebrows in a joking manner. 

“So… Brian, right? Actually I need to leave for work r’now.” She explains.

“Oh yeah? Okay. Save my number, we should meet up sometimes…”

“yeah we totally should. Nice meeting you.” She smiles standing up. 

“the pleasure’s on my side. See ya again!” He says as she leaves the café in a rush. 

“Hey! Where the hell did you run off to!? I told you to be here 30 mins ago.” her senior yelled as soon as she arrived at shooting location. The filming wasn’t even going to start for another 30 to 40 minutes. 

“I’m sorry. I had a reason.” She apologizes, again. 

“You always have excuses. You know what, this is why they say you’re dumb and useless. You’re always late and you work is a mess. Unlike Hyejung here, she does everything well.” He adds as he reaches out for Hyejung who ‘happened’ to be there.

“Yes, I’m sorry.” She says cursing in her mind. ‘That Choi Hye--jung, if she’s so great and all, why look for me when you want a translator.’

The filming starts as Jay helped translating some English phrases, plus some other petty tasks given by her senior. It’s already pass 2AM when they wrapped up filming and Jay’s headache was getting worse.

‘Gosh it feels like I’ve been run over by a truck’ 
“I’d better find a 24/7 pharmacy.” she says strolling around the neighborhood.


 


Few hours ago, 
“Glasses up, guys!” Lee Jeongyeop, CEO of Woollim Entertainment announce to the team. The group consisting Infinite members, Kim Minseok, their managers and the other staffs lift their glasses in the air.

“We’re here today to congratulate Infinite for the successful comeback and our actor Minseok for getting the best actor award yesterday! I’m so proud of you guys, I’ve raised you well after all.”

“Yes, thank you for raising us so well.” Sunggyu adds.

“For Infinite, your contract with us is only lasting for a few weeks from now. I won’t talk about work here but seriously guys, you were amazing. It feels like yesterday when I first saw you guys but look at you now, an all-kill for comeback aren’t a small thing. I just wish you guys would stay just the way you are right now for a really long time. And for Minseok, I really don’t know what to say. It’s like just yesterday L introduced me to you and now you’re even getting prestigious awards. I know how much struggle you had and thank you for putting up with things so well. This is getting long, anyway congratulations my kids. Everyone worked hard for this, thank you and good job guys!” he finishes as they toss their drinks. 

“It’s weird to toss with a soda.” L whines as he’s the only one with soda while the rest had alcohol in their hands. 

“You don’t even like beer anyway.” Minseok interrupts. 

“Yeah, stop whining. It’s for your own good.” Sungyeol adds. 

“What? Are you ganging up on me now?” he says sulking. 

“Yah, stop messing with him.” Woohyun backs L up, slinging his arms on the latter’s shoulders. 

“Eww, are you guys sweethearts or what?” Sunggyu joins. 

“No I’m just saying. L’s gonna be sober all night, let’s not pressure him now. We’ll all get wasted, who’ll take us home if not him?” Woohyun replies. 

“What the hell Nam Woohyun. “ L said in a flat tone. 

“Why are all of my hyungs so childlike?” Sungjong whispers to Dongwoo but Sunggyu caught him.

“Do you wanna see the real childlike hyungs?” Sunggyu asks, sending a signal to the remaining members and they smirked in return, all slowly approaching the maknae. 

“You better not to what I’m thinking…” his words got cut off as the hyungs tackle him to the floor, tickling him to no tomorrow. 

The chaotic dinner continues until L and Minseok are left to be the only ones in their right mind, L prohibited from nearing alcohol for a few weeks and Minseok is on a diet. The rest of them are completely wasted.

“I want you back 난 네가 없으면… 우두커니 멈춰서 움직일 수가 없어
I want you back 네가 없는 내 모습~~” Sunggyu starts to sing.

“Wow, how do we get out of this…” L starts off, scratching the back of his head.

“I know right. Even Sunggyu’s wasted. I bet they worked your tails off this time huh?”  

“You don’t want to know. But what now?” he frowns. 

“It had already pass midnight and I drank a little so i can’t drive. Looks like we have to take them in one car. You’re not feeling that well so you can’t drive back and forth from their houses either…”

“So since your house’s the closest, let’s dump them there...?” L cuts him off.

“Why mine!?” Minseok fights. 

“Because my parents are home this week…?” 

Minseok could do nothing but give in. They’re now carrying the wasted members to the car, thankfully the manager left the MPV to them before leaving. 

“1, 2, 3, 4, 5… wait, where’s Hoya?” L counts and asks…

“Feeldog came for him when you were trying to calm Sungyeol’s whining earlier. I guess he called him over or something.”

“Oh really? Okay, let’s go now, I’m getting tired.” L adds, starting the engine. 




After a short drive, they arrived at Minseok’s apartment complex.


​​​​​After a few falling and cursing, they are all finally in his house with the drunken members sprawled around the living room. 
Minseok went to wash up as L sits on the couch, breaking in cold sweat. ‘Did I eat too much? My tummy feels funny…’ he wonders.

“Hey, you alright?” Minseok asks walking to the kitchen feeling thirsty.

“I don’t know, maybe indigestion. Do you have indigestion pills or so?”

“Sorry but I don’t have any. We actually ate quite a lot earlier.”

“I couldn’t drink so I find food…” he says slowly clutching onto his stomach. 

“There’s a 24/7 pharmacy down the street. Do you want me to get some medicines for you?” Minseok offers but the younger one shook his head in return.

“its okay, I’ll get it on my own. Down the street, right?”

“Are you sure?” 

“Yeah, it’s alright.” He says walking to the door. 

 




L walks in the pharmacy,

“Hello. Can I help you?” the woman who looks like she’s in her 40s greets. 

“Yes, I think I have indigestion.” He answers, walking to the counter. 

Then another bell is heard, signaling someone coming in the store. Sounds of cough and sniffling were clearly heard as L turns his head to the person. She was wearing a mask but her eyes caught his attention. ‘What is this feeling? It’s like I’ve met her before but
also like I’ve never seen her…?’


“Hello, miss. What do you need?” The woman behind the counter asks. 

“Hi, my headache’s killing me…” Jay says weakly. She didn’t even notice L staring at her.

But before she could even make sense her current state, two masked guy came rushing into the store. One of them caught her by her neck, strangling her while the other one holds up a knife to the pharmacy attendant. 

“Everyone stays down, and you, put in all oxycodone, morphine and cash money you have in this bag right this instant!” he orders. 

Jay just couldn’t bear watching so despite her weak body, she stars by kicking the man with the knife forward and bites the arms of the guy holding her neck and rush to the other side of them. Even she's surprised with herself; she could pass out any moment then but a surge of energy came to her reflex.

“Can you fight?” she says, her eyes not taking off from the burglars in front of them. 

“You !” the one who held her captive curses. 

L was about to answer when she started counting. “1, 2… 3!” and she strikes forward so he did the same thing.  L kicks his opponent’s hand making him lose grip of the knife he was holding. The fist-fight continues as Jay’s feeling weaker as time passes. Everything around her was spinning badly. 
Jay let her guard down for a second and she was shoved to a rack harshly. L rushed to her side, trying to keep her up. 

“You’re not on our level yet kid.” The masked guy snickers with blood running down his nose, if wasn’t for the pain she’s in, he’d be begging for his life from her. Police sirens were heard and the burglars run for their life. 

Jay’s head was getting heavier as she stumbles but L caught her shoulders. 

“Miss, are you okay?” L asks as the attendant rush to them.

Jay nodded weakly but her body couldn’t lie. She slowly slips down and everything went black. 

The woman went with the police for a report, ambulance came and Jay was rushed to the hospital. When they brought her in the emergency room, L dashed to the toilet and threw up most of his dinner. Walking to Jay’s bed, the doctor was done with her checkup,
she’s still unconscious. 

“Are you her guardian?” the doctor asks L. 

“Yes…” 

“I think you should get checked up too.” He says seeing L’s pale face. 

In the end, both of them were admitted to the ward that night. L had food poisoning instead of indigestion and Jay had hit the ultimate level of fatigue. 

They are placed in a shared room of 2 patients, with beds on each side of the room. Jay regained slight consciousness, looking to her side, catching a beautiful figure staring into her eyes. ‘I don’t want to wake up from this dream.’ As she blinks off to dreamland again. 

‘Now I remember where I saw you.’ L monologues to himself, also drifting off to sleep. 

 

 

 

 

2nd chappie is up! sorry for the late update, I was still in shock of the Hoya thingy. I bet most off us are sad and couldn't accept it. I did too but after some brainwashing, I've convinced myself to appreciate the remaining 6 members, they wanted to protect Infinite so cheer up guys, they probably need us to be strong right now, more than ever. promise to stick by their side? anyone? LET'S CHIN UP AND FIGHT THROUGH IT! 

I'll intoduce some of the characters here. 

1. Brian - Eric Nam's youngest brother. comes to Korea once in a while for his brother. The Nam brothers will play an important part in Jay's life as the story progresses. 

2. Jason - basically he's another Korean-American and Jay's a regular at his cafe. He's a cameo that might casually pop out here and there. 


Anyway, thanks a lot to my new subbies blaqvixxonanna42 and Sehun-ie. Love you guys!

Don't forget to comment what you think and do subscribe, they're a big part of motivation for me to continue writing. =')

p.s. follow: reen.natasha on instagram or @shaz2reen on twitter for the latest drama or story update! *hands up to those watching School 2017!*