First encounter? Not really.

Stop The Rain.

Characters:

1. Kim Myungsoo / L

  • An actor and idol that the nation loves.
  • Has a hidden past that only Infinite and his family know of.
  • Sweetheart but you don't want to be there when he loses his temper and he's bipolar.

2. Jacelyn Lee Jaeeun / Jay

  • It has only been a year since she moved back to Korea, her whole family stays in California.
  • Majored in writing and works in a small production company. (Sky Film Studios) A/N: I just made it up XD
  • She's never "not okay." but who knows what kind of chaos is in that petite heart.

Other characters will show up as the story progress.

 

 

“JACELYN LEE JAEEUN!!!” 

“Oh yeah, me? Who are you… Wait… what?” Jaeeun mumbles as she sits up from the bed just to stumble under her blanket again. 

“Hello? Earth to Jay? Emily’s here” she says waving in front of Jay’s face. 

“Ugh what do you want?” Jay trying hard to keep her eyes open.

“There you go again. What time did you come home yesterday?” 

“I don’t know. Probably around 2 or so…?” 

“Thought so. Just to let you know, you have like 30 mins until the seniors chew you off for being late.”

“What are you saying… get lost I’m gonna sleep some more…… wait what!?” she half yelled the last part and springs up on her feet
looking at the clock on her bedside table. “I’m freaking late!” Jay yells running to the bathroom. 

“And… your welcome, Jay!” Emily says leaving the room. 

After the slight chaos, Jaeeun rushes off to a café near the office she works at. 

“Morning Min. get me the usual, please?” She says as soon as she arrives at the counter. 

“Two Americano, one less sugar; one green tea and one hot chocolate to go, right?” the cashier, Min replies with a smile. 

“Yup. Thanks.” Jay says still catching her breath from all the running she did. 

She got the drinks and scurries to her office building and indeed she was a few minutes late. 

“Good morning, I’m sorry for being late.” She apologizes, handing out the drinks.


One storm after another, it had to be that particular morning where the team manager was in a foul mood. 

“MISS LEE JAE EUN, you’re late, again.” The team manager voices with a spiteful tone.

“Yes, I’m sorry. ”  I’m so in trouble... 

“Sorry don’t cut it. Is this work a joke to you? Can’t you be like Hyejung? You guys joined at the same time but look at her, she’s never late and she does her work well. How many times has it been now?”

“Uhm… 3?” oops, wrong step.

“Don’t cut me while I’m talking, that’s rude. Oh wait, you probably don’t know right? Since you’re from America? Wait, do you actually understand me? Can that dumb brain actually process what I’m talking about right now?” the team manager was going a bit too far, laughing hysterically. The rest of the team followed suit not long after. 

 “I know I’m at fault. I’m sorry but you didn’t have to go that far.” Jay didn’t waver, she kept her cool. 

“Aww someone’s hurt. Who cares anyway, right? Now make 10 copies of this immediately and hand it to Choi-PD from SBS, bring a set of Red Ginseng with you.” He orders handing her a stack of papers. 

“By today? But there’s a filming in an hour.”

“No buts, finish that and go to the shooting location. I know your presence at the location is useless anyway but go and learn something, maybe help with the prop or whatever, I don’t care.” 

“Alright sir.” Jaeeun couldn’t make herself to fight against the insults she gets. Whenever her anger rise, she’d force it back down thinking she couldn’t help losing the job, she needs the money, it’s the only income she has. But as you can see, this is her daily life. She faces things like this every other day, insults, being compared to other people and the worse thing is she got the job as a writer but they make her do unrelated things and run errands for other people in the office. These people deemed her as a dumb burden to them only because her Korean wasn’t fluent enough. It’s true she couldn’t pick up the language quite well yet but she’s trying, harder than others do. Little did they know during the filming, she was the one who usually helps the actors with their English pronunciation and some other little tasks during the shoot. 


 

In one of studios in SBS building, 


Q. It’s been a while since your group comeback.
L: Yes. We came back to Inspirits after a year. We’ll show our realistic, cool sides. Watch our choreography too. We’ll do our best. 
WH: You talk so fast. Are you in ‘Show Me the Money’?

Q. I heard you guys just got triple-crown on music show yesterday, congratulations! How do you feel about it?
SG: Yes, we feel proud about it. It all thanks to our fans that never gets tired of voting and doing anything they can to help with the ranking. Also thanks to our members, the staff and everyone who worked hard to make it happen.
WH: I know you guys work very hard to get us up on the charts. Good job Inspirit, love you guys to the moon and back. *throws heart to camera* 

Q. As an idol, and as an actor, you're working two jobs. Isn't it hard for you to work two jobs?
L: As L, I perform on the stage, but as Kim Myungsoo, I wanted to act. I want to get recognition in various fields. 

Infinite made a comeback few weeks ago, dominating the charts with an all-kill. The interview goes on for another 15 minutes as they wrap up promotions for this comeback. 

In the waiting room, L updated his Instagram thanking Inspirits with the caption “Cheer up and fighting! Thank you, Inspirit ” (힘내서 화이팅! Thank you, Inspirit) 


Sunggyu saw this, getting curious, he asks. “Hey L… I’ve been watching for a while but you really like that caption huh?”

“Yeah, you always put that in your caption.” Hoya adds. 

“Actually I picked it up from one of the comments I saw before. I don’t know, it just really cheered me up that time.” L answers, smiling into his phone. 

“I thought Namu’s the only one, didn’t know you are fan-pabo too.” their manager says. 

“We all are hyung.” Sungyeol says. 

“Anyway, rest up today and don’t forget the company dinner tomorrow.” Their manager reminds. 

“Yeah, there’re that dinner huh…” *sighs* L heaves a loud sigh.

“Why are you sighing?” Woohyun asks.

“Because he’s restricted from alcohol for 2 weeks.” Sungyeol snickers.  

“Ah… your throat huh?” 

“Yes…” L answers plainly. 


 

“Ugh, didn’t know papers were so heavy…” Jae complains as she walks through the hallway with a load of papers and a box of red ginseng extract on her hand. You would expect a knight would help her lessen the load but this is reality, the people just pass by going on their own ways. She met the PD and after a quick sugar coating chat, she’s done with her task there. She’s walking through the lobby, inspecting the building. 

‘You came here for this, but look at you now Jacelyn. Suddenly my life seems so pathetic.’ She had this thought when one of the monitors caught her attention.

*sighs* “INFINITE… the name that I used to chant so hard I’d lose my voice.” She says staring at the screen showing INFINITE’s recent win. 

“Really?” someone answered her.

“Yes. I used to be a fan you know. But the cruel reality woke me up from my sweet dreams, it’s been so long since life dragged me away from them I don’t deserve to be called Inspirit anymore…” she was too busy pitying over her life not realizing the person behind her. 

“That’s life but tell you what, you don’t stay down forever. You’ll be up there someday. Good luck!” the person says. 

That’s when Jay realizes the presence of the other. She turned around and met eyes with the silhouette in front of her, she didn’t recognize him though. He was wearing a mask and a snapback, black from head to toe. When she was about to say something, her phone buzzed. She bowed her head to the other as she picks it up. 

“Hey! WHERE ARE YOU! TOLD YOU TO GO TO THE SHOOTING LOCATION! ARE YOU SLACKING OFF NOW?” her senior yell into the phone. ‘my ears are gonna blow off at this rate.’

“Yes! I’ll be there soon! I’m sorry.” She hung up and faces the person in front of her. 

“Thanks for the advice. I gotta go, sorry and thanks!” she says dashing to the door.

“Yeah, but…!” she was already far when he said that. 

“It’s raining. You should take the umbrella at least.” He continues. 

Jay dashes out the door and almost slipped from the shock. 
“Omg it’s raining! What do I do?” she struggles as goose bumps cover her whole body. ‘No Jay, you can’t be like this now. Fight it. This is about work, let’s fight it. There are a lot of people here, you can do this.’ Her thoughts scatter at the weather.

Truth is, she has a bit of ombrophobia (fear of rain), and she would casually get panic attacks during rainy days.
‘It’s ok Jacelyn. It’s not the 1st time; it won’t hurt to get rained on now. You’ll be okay. Let’s do this.’ She assures herself as she runs through the shower of rain. This is probably her 2nd or 3rd time getting drenched by rain and small panic attacks this week. She’s been running around here and there this whole week juggling between shoots and office workload they dump on her. And yet again today, the filming ends at midnight. 


 

Sunggyu came to hang around at L and Sungyeol’s house. They were casually talking in the living room. A/N: Yes, myungyeol shipper here lol XD

“Hyung, it’s like 1AM right now. Aren’t you going home?” L asks

“Nah… I like your house, it gives me inspiration for my song. Don’t ask me why!” Sunggyu answers. 

“You’re so weird.” Sungyeol defends. 

“Say, do you guys have any idea or whatnot? For my song?” the leader asks. Sungyeol just stared at him blankly.

“Actually, I met someone today. A girl to be exact.” L starts. 

“Yeah, go on.” Sunggyu ushers. 

“Pretty?” Sungyeol jumped in.

“Cute but she seemed so… sad. With her hunched back as she complains about life… staring at us through the screen. She used to be Inspirit but life dragged her away, she said. That hit me hard, I don’t know why.”

“Really? Our fan?” those two said almost at the same time. 

“She must be going through a lot, I accidentally heard her getting yelled at through her phone. She immediately dashed out in the
heavy rain right after.”

 



Meanwhile… 
“Ah…Choo…!” Jae sneezes.

“Hey, you caught a cold didn’t you?” Emily says to Jae who’s wiping her nose. 

“I think it’s just someone badmouthing me again…” Jae denies.

“You and your weird beliefs…” Emily rolls her eyes and left to the kitchen. 

 

 

 

There you go! The very 1st chappie... I'm sorry if it's not good enough, I know I'm lacking a lot, I'm still trying to learn and explore more. Also sorry for the little interactions between the main characters.

Meet Emily Chen, another character in the story.

  • she's Jaeeun's best friend since high school 
  • half Chinese. Her mother's Korean but they left for the states when she's 3y/o. 
  • came back to Korea with Jae, both intending to pursue their dreams here. 
  • Majored in fashion and still job-seeking. 

Note that the text of characters' thoughts will be in itallic and colored. and as you guys might've noticed, Jay's in purple, L's will be in blue.

Thanks to fArhonEy, my 1st subscriber. Much love for you =')

Subscribe and comment what you think guys, I appreciate it lots. <3 

p.s. don't forget to follow: reen.natasha on Instagram or @shaz2reen on Twitter for casual update about the story. DM me for followback! =)