Experiences

Mismatched

Experience

Practical contact with and observation of facts or events/ an event or occurrence which leaves an impression on someone.


It was a lazy Saturday morning, marking the end of the first week that Minhyuk moved in. Sunlight had been mercilessly attacking the two individuals still lying in bed refusing to get up to answer the door for whoever's been out there pressing the door bell for nearly 10 minutes now. Hoseok grumbled, rubbing his eyes as the other stirred slightly from his sleep and squinted, attempting to block out the light from the window. 

"I'll go get the door." Hoseok mumbled to Minhyuk, who only nodded in response before burying his face in one of Hoseok's pillow. Hoseok was ready to kill the  that had disturbed his sleep. He twisted the doorknob and pulled open the door forcefully, only to find a package on the floor and a mail return ticket on it. The delivery man had left. Carrying the box into the apartment, he set it on the table, wondering whether it was just another one of his mother's surprises for him again. He took out a pocket knife from a drawer and carefully cut through the tape that sealed the box. He opened it expecting a letter and maybe a few photos which his mother would often send to him, but that was not the case. He found condoms, an entire box of condoms. 

"...Min...Minhyuk-ssi? Did you...uh...order this?"

"Huh?" Sleep laced Minhyuk's voice as he clambered out of bed and made his way into the living room. Hoseok stood up and stared at Minhyuk while the latter slowly traced his gaze to the box on the coffee table that was filled with, well, condoms. His eyes shot open immediately as he shook his head violently. 

"N-no I didn't!" A light pink dusted his cheeks and Hoseok swear it was the cutest thing he had ever seen up till then. They stared at each other for a moment before Hoseok cleared his throat and Minhyuk rubbed his neck awkwardly. 

"Right...I'll send in the mail return ticket later... Do you want anything in particular for breakfast?" Admit it, food is the best at lightening moods.

"No, I'll just eat whatever you prepare. I'll go wash up first then..." Minhyuk turned and left for the bathroom, leaving the other to his own thoughts. 

..........................

"Thanks for the meal Wonho-ssi!" Minhyuk chirped happily as he dug into the ramen. Hoseok hummed in response and took a seat at the dining table after having a quick morning shower. They ate in silence, the only sounds coming from the TV left running in the background. Minhyuk finished first, picking his bowl up and going over to the sink to do the dishes. Hoseok couldn't help but glance at the other male, admiring the little curve of his lower back and the way his pants hugged his legs, along with his perky a--- Hoseok slapped himself mentally for thinking such things about another dude. No, no, I'm not gay. Probably just another screwed up hormonal change that will fix itself soon. Hoseok looked back at the figure by the sink, his thoughts wandering to those of how Minhyuk looked so much of a wife material right there and then and he just wanted to back hug him--- Hoseok groaned out loud at himself. His mind is going to places it shouldn't. He quietly sank deeper into his seat and stuffed his face with ramen while staring at everywhere else where Minhyuk was not in his line of sight.

Who could actually not feel such intense staring? Minhyuk knows. He knows what Hoseok did. And his whole face was feverish. After setting the last plate onto the dish rack, he splashed his face with the running cold water and escaped into the living room. 

........................

Scrubbing could be heard from the bathroom. Hoseok had been sitting in the living room scrolling through his feeds on his laptop when he decided to just drop by and check out what Minhyuk was doing. 

"What are you doing?" Taken by surprise, Minhyuk jumped a little and spun around quickly, nearly slipping on the wet floor. He held onto the shelf nearby to stabilise himself before looking at Hoseok. 

"Nothing, just cleaning the bathroom. Why are you here? You--" Hoseok interrupts him.

"Why didn't you tell me? Let's get working." Hoseok demanded as he grabbed the brush scrubber from Minhyuk and proceeded to clean the bathroom.

"But aren't you busy--"

"Didn't you hear me? Let's get cracking." 

No one knew how it happened. Minhyuk and Hoseok both sat in the bathroom, thoroughly soaked, laughing heartily. As always, bathroom cleaning is just an excuse for a mini water fight and here they were, with tiny soap suds in their hair and clothes sticking to their body. Just a few moments earlier, Minhyuk had accidentally sprayed water at Hoseok while trying to rinse the walls. Being the childish person he was, Hoseok splashed water back at Minhyuk, causing the other to scream before pointing the shower head at Hoseok, letting the running water drench him. Laughing, Hoseok quickly located his weapon, a pipe, and blasted water back at Minhyuk who instinctively covered his face and tried to fight back. This lasted for a few minutes before both males got tired and turned off the taps, collapsing onto the floor in a giggling mess. They sat there unmoving, coming down from their high just a few moments ago. 

Hoseok stood up and took off his shirt, throwing it into the laundry basket before picking up the pipe again. Minhyuk gulped visibly and Hoseok had a hard time stopping himself from grinning. 

"Come on, we're nearly finished..."

.........................

The rest of the day was spent cleaning up that one hell of a house. It was filled with laughter, mostly from little fights they had, accompanied by the piling up of wet clothes in the laundry bin. It had been long since Hoseok had any such interaction with people and although he would never admit it, he knew deep down that he thoroughly enjoyed the fun that both males had, cleaning the house together. If anything, he prayed that they could clean again together soon. 

Hoseok laid on the couch and stretched lazily like a cat, the sores from the cleaning today slowly taking over his aching body. Minhyuk had shoved him out of kitchen just now, claiming that he will cook for dinner. Hoseok was skeptical, but couldn't let precious resting time go to waste so he immediately camped out on the couch to wait for dinner to be served. Meanwhile, he examined the place that he had called home and never once in his entire stay here had he seen the place so clean, other than the first time he moved in. The glazed counter-tops were shiny under the bright lights and the floor tiles were whiter than any day he had seen it. Amazed, he let out a satisfied moan and hugged the cushion in front of him. Just then, Minhyuk came out of the kitchen with plates of food and settled down beside Hoseok. Taking another cushion, Minhyuk smacked Hoseok with it and called a little too dearingly.

"Wonho-ah, dinner..." Oh damn. Hoseok wasn't sure how to react to it. There were butterflies in his stomach, screw that, he feels horses in his stomach, all running at 300mph. He couldn't seem to stop the grin that was spreading across his face at the endearment. Heck he needs to stop. On the other hand, Minhyuk knew he ed up. He coughed and corrected his sentence.

"Wonho-ssi, dinner is ready."   Hoseok sat up, accidentally bumping into Minhyuk's shoulder. He apologised hurriedly and proceeded to stuff his face with food like a child, his cute antics causing Minhyuk to smile. 

........................

Saturday nights were busy for Minhyuk. It wasn't like he was an official legalised e working there, but for some reason, there was always this man who would call in to book him. Son Hyunwoo. Minhyuk had, at first, requested the manager to decline the request for fear that the person was just a creepy stalker, but as time drags on, the manager decided to just force Minhyuk to go, after receiving the calls again and again week after week from the same pestering man. Hyunwoo, much to Minhyuk's surprise, had simply called in thinking that it was some counseling hotline, and he wanted a friend to talk to. He had read on the thread that Minhyuk was a relatively fun and playful person, missing out the ual hints that the commenter actually meant, so he called in asking for Minhyuk. Minhyuk had laughed and patted the man's broad back, as noted by Minhyuk himself, and explained the entire situation. Hyunwoo was surprised, but he didn't back out. They chatted, like old friends, and by the end of the night, everything went down in a nearby hotel. 

Ever since then, Hyunwoo and Minhyuk would hang out at his place on Saturday nights. A few drinks and a whole night of . 

.......................

Hoseok was left alone in the house after Minhyuk waltz out through the door after dinner, claiming that he had work to do. Yeah, if by work he meant going to a bar to become a hooker then sure, Hoseok definitely understand. He still felt a dull sting on his chest though, knowing that Minhyuk would be doing the things they did with some other stranger. It shouldn't affect him like that, but why did it?

He laid down on their shared bed and closed his eyes, remembering the new experiences he shared with this man that just came crashing into his life. It was fun, and he felt bliss.