Discovery

Sonder

           ►Light Realm, Hongdae, South Korea

       The club at Hongdae was the only place that Jennie found decent and thus, it was her go-to for every late night “break” she considered taking. Jennie loved the nightlife of Seoul, the flashing lights of billboards, the street food her mother considered to be “unclean”, and the music that surrounded the area along with youth her age. The place itself was a reminder of the life Jennie wanted to pursue, a life with music, creativity, and spontaneity. Unfortunately according to her mother, Jennie “would be useless if she pursued that irritating music”. So there she was, living a life only for approval. Fun.

       The scene changed quickly as Jennie entered the Light Realm Club. Drunk men vomiting on themselves were hugging the walls, and woman sat on men’s laps with alcohol in their hands. An abundance of lights flashed, the black leather seats were all filled, and the stage displayed two spotlights as if a show was about to begin. Everyone couldn’t help but stare at the fabulous, smokin’ hot Jennie Kim who has enough sass to rule the world. Her savageness was what kept most guys from asking her out or even taking their chance to express their feelings about her. Besides, Jennie Kim thought men were mere ants, easy to stomp on, easy to manipulate, easy to destroy. 

        “And now ladies and gentlemen, our show will begin.” The MC’s voice started to ring and its echoes are absorbed through the walls. All the lights and flashing disco effects exploded on stage and everyone was cheering. Jennie felt a strange hunch that she only felt when something pleasantly unexpected will happen. Something was being anticipated by the crowd.

       “Introducing Ryu!” The MC lifted his arms and a man with chiseled abs, broad shoulders, ash-black hair wearing only a pair of dinosaur boxers stepped out of the night blue curtains. His eyes and nose were covered with a black glittered mask, but Kim Jennie recognized his lips. It may be only a brief moment when Jennie examined the freshman Jungkook, in whom, she bumped into earlier in the hallways that day, but she definitely knew that the man in boxers and Jungkook are one. She has awoken from her deep analysis as a scream emerged from the back of the audience.

    “100,000 won!” With this, Jennie recognized that it was bidding night at the club. The club had done it often because of its tendency to spend all its money for the entire week so that there’s no more left for the following. So to recuperate, the club held bidding nights where strippers were auctioned and they were required to “entertain” their bidders. The man in his dinosaur boxer shorts shrunk back almost as if he was embarrassed. And he should be, Jennie thought. But luck was on her side that night. Instead of creeping or stalking Jungkook this coming weekend, the lab rat itself came to her.

        A few more screams came out of the crowd, each doubling their bid. What would useless happy-go-lucky people waste their money on some clumsy freshman like Jungkook? Jennie had a truckload of questions.

With courage, she finally spoke, “175,000 won.”

She won in an instant. Jungkook, "Ryu" also recognized her in an instant. Her allowance for the next three months was then instantaneously spent on a stripper she met in the hallways that day. 

Jennie climbed the stage and ran her fingers across Ryu's abs and whispered to his ear, "y."

But of course, the night would not be complete without a couple of drinks. 

And because of those drinks, everything turned into a complete haze. 


author's note:

in other words, Jungkook is a stripper in this story.