Home

$100k Exes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Tiffany…”

 

“I know…”

 

“I'm sorry but it doesn’t seem like you do.”

 

Tiffany leaned into the chair and tosses her head back. She feels the veins on her temple threatening to burst and the room starting to spin. She’s had a very long day today, a day unlike any other, and this situation is heightening her senses of aggravation. The last thing she want right now is to have an “emergency” meeting with her manager, discussing matters regarding her and Taeyeon.

 

“Excuse me. Are you even looking at what I’m showing you?” her manager snaps and Tiffany pinches the space between her brows together.

 

“Manager Oppa. Are you unable to see from the broadcast that I was there? Participating? Why do you keep on replaying it to me?” Tiffany snaps and she feels the frustration builds.

 

“THE POINT OF THIS SHOW—“

 

“Please. Remain civilize and not yell. For the sake of my raging headache.” Her eyes shots up and the man swallows his burst of anger.

 

“The point of this show is to have her make you look desirable.” He clears his throat. The way he emphasizes certain words is starting to irritate Tiffany.

 

“She’s supposed to be in love with you. She’s supposed to adore you. Wishes to be with you. Make you the object of desire. Make the audience fall for you the way she falls for you.”

 

“Alright. I get it. Are we done now?” The girl closes her eyes and exhales her remaining bits of patience. It’s midnight, she hasn’t slept in 20 hours and the tiredness is threatening to unravel all kinds of unpleasant diction toward the man in front of her.

 

“YOU ARE MAKING A FOOL OF YOURSELF ON PUBLIC TELEVISION!”

 

Perhaps it was Tiffany’s lack of interest to the seriousness of the matter that had caused the young manager to explode. But nevertheless, regret instantly overcome him when the room become emptied of sound. Tiffany’s make-up artists, hair dressers, and designers all got up from their position and quietly left the room, leaving the shrinking man to receive a befitting judgment.

 

“I…I’m so sorry… I was just…” His stuttering and trembling would have made a pitiful sight if anyone had seen.

 

“Oppa…” Tiffany’s voice dropped a few octave, her hand pressing hard on her left temple.

 

“Yes?” His voice came out like a pipsqueak from hamsters.

 

“Go home.”

 

For a man in his early 30s with big strong built and sturdy appearance, it was almost too heartbreaking to see him come out of the room with teary eyes. The rest of the crew wanted to cheer him on, wishes him a better life, and offer him condolences. But they were afraid to become collateral damage. Not a single body move as they watch him trail away, zombified. Poor Kevin.

 

Tiffany thought about getting up from her chair and call it a wrap for the day, but she remembers there was one more thing to do and she’s not so sure if she’s ready for it. Aish… Her tired eyes flutters open and they wandered the room, looking for some sort of comfort. She found none. Four white walls with perfectly sharp corners, a few random couches, a small flat screen TV that’s attached to the wall, the floor littered with plastic water bottles and snacks wrappers. She’s exhausted and can’t remember the last time she had proper sleep or a meal, let alone what her home looks like. She misses a place she could call home.

 

Her eyes came to focus after a daze and they’ve landed on the television screen. She picks up the remote, rewinding the moment and watches herself embracing Taeyeon. The moment didn’t last long before a black curtain fell, causing the audience to stand in protest, clapping and cheering to witness more of the “once upon a time”-couple reunion.

 

“I’m leaving.” Was all Taeyeon said before breaking the embrace the moment the curtain fell. Tiffany watched the small figure slowly disappeared i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter