O: Oppa

love is
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

love is

Written by justonce_ismile

 

.

 

.

 

.

 

Chapter 1: O. Oppa

Pairing: Jeon Jungkook & Kim Yerim

 

.

 

.

 

.

 

February, 2017

KBS Music Bank

 

 

It all started when Jungkook overheard her talking with the other Red Velvet members backstage, right before their interview on the green room.

 

“Jaehyun-oppa just texted me,” he recognizes her bright voice chirps happily. “Congratulations on your ninth win, he said.”

 

Jungkook stops in his steps and knits his brows.

 

Jaehyun…oppa?

 

“Ah?” Joy blinks, snatching the phone from the maknae’s hands. “Oh. It’s true. Why would he text you, though? When I’m obviously a bigger fan of NCT than you are.”

 

Yeri grins and bats her lashes at Joy. “Obviously because I’m the most awesome person in our group. And maybe he’s too scared of you, unnie—ack!“

 

The younger girl lets out a small shriek and laughs when Joy circles an arm around her neck, putting her in a headlock. The rest of her members watch in amusement as they look on the spectacle playing before them. 

 

“Ah, ahrasseo! I will tell Jaehyun-oppa next time to text you too!”

 

Jungkook stares at the wide smile plastered on Yeri’s face and frowns deeper.

 

Since when is she close to Jaehyun?

 

Granted, they are from the same company and they have probably known each other ever since they were trainees. But Jungkook himself is pretty close with the NCT member – what with them being 97 liners and in the same group chat and all that – but Jaehyun never mentions anything about Yerim, or about being close with Yerim, for all that matters.

 

Seolma…is he…interested in Yerim-ie?

 

A dark look crosses Jungkook’s face as he drags his feet back to BTS’s waiting room.

 

When J-Hope opens the door and catches the glare on their maknae’s face, he yelps in surprise and jumps a few metres back. Jin and Rap Monster seem to notice the dark aura swirling off of their youngest member and look at each other in bewilderment.

 

“Kookie…” J-Hope starts hesitantly.

 

A grunt. “Ah?”

 

J-Hope gulps. Yup, he’s definitely in a bad mood. “Ani da…”

 

The room is suddenly thrown into a silence, and nothing else could be heard aside from Suga’s light breathing and Jungkook’s fingers drumming against the table.

 

The oldest members (sans Suga who is too busy sleeping) stare at each other and start an internal conversation of their own.

 

Rap Monster raises an eyebrow and gestures towards the maknae. What do you think happened to him?

 

I don’t know. J-Hope shrugs. He was so excited this morning about being able to see Yeri-ssi too.

 

Jin tilts his head. Maybe something happened with her?

 

Rap Monster nods. Maybe.

 

J-Hope sighs. I think so.

 

Jin purses his lips. Definitely.

 

.

 

.

 

.

 

But now that Jungkook thinks about it, he has never heard Yerim calling him using that word.

 

Even though he is two years older than her.

 

Even though he and Jaehyun are of the same age.

 

Even though he is her boyfriend.

 

The more Jungkook thinks about it, the more his mood plummets down.

 

“Hyung,” Jungkook turns to look at Jimin, squinting his eyes. “What if you caught Seulgi-noona calling Kai-hyung familiarly?”

 

Jimin, who is in the middle of texting a certain someone, almost drops his phone to the ground as his brain finishes processing Jungkook’s question. Turning towards the younger man, Jimin sputters. “Familiar how?”

 

“Like,” Jungkook clears his throat and does an impersonation of Seulgi’s voice, “Jongin-ah, or Jongin-oppa.”

 

Jimin twitches. “First of all, Seulgi-noona’s voice isn’t that high. Second of all, Kai-hyung isn’t that much older than her so she wouldn’t call him ‘oppa’. Lastly, they are strictly just friends so even then, I will never misunderstand.”

 

“Hee,” Jungkook mutters in a low voice. “How magnanimous of you.”

 

Jimin sniffs. “Of course. I am above being jealous.”

 

V snorts beside him and smirks. “Right. Says the person who cried to me drunkenly last night about how he saw Seulgi-noona comforting Kai-hyung after his break-up with Krystal-noona.”

 

Jimin glares at the third party and retorts coolly, “Says the person who threw a hissy fit when he saw Chanyeol-hyung admiring Joohyun-noona’s beauty during MMA last year.”

 

V stands up and glares at Jimin, scowling. “It’s Irene-noona! How many times do I have to tell you that only I get to call her by her real name!”

 

“Ha, Kim Taehyung, your pettiness really knows no bounds!”

 

Hearing his two hyungs bicker in front of him regarding their respective girlfriends, Jungkook can only sigh and lean back against the sofa with an arm covering his face.

 

What possesses him to think that just because these two hyungs are in a relationship, they will stop being childish?

 

Ani. Jungkook muffles a groan. What possesses him to think about getting relationship advices from them in the first place?

 

.

 

.

 

.

 

KCON 2017

Mexico

 

 

Jungkook knows that her group is performing on the second day of KCON, and so he realizes, with no little disappointment, that the chances of them meeting up are probably going to be close to nil.

 

When someone knocks on the door to their waiting room and all his hyungs are too busy making fun of Namjoon-hyung after he broke his earpiece (again) to notice, Jungkook decides to be the bigger person and answers the door.

 

…Only to realize after five full seconds of freezing like a statue, that the person (well, one of the people) in front of him, is indeed her.

 

“Why…”

 

“Surprise!” Yeri beams at him behind her mask, waving an army bomb at him. “We’re here to cheer for you guys.”

 

“Heol,” Jungkook hears Jimin-hyung mutters from behind him. In less than a second, the older man appears next to him and gapes at the Red Velvet members – sans Joy, who is too busy to come due to her filming schedule back in Korea – his eyes trained on the figure of a bashfully smiling Seulgi. “Noona…you told me you’re only coming tonight!”

 

“Mian, Jimin-ah,” Seulgi scratches her neck sheepishly. “We all agreed to keep it a secret.”

 

“And you too,” Irene sends a chiding look to V, who is now pouting with his two arms crossed. The Red Velvet leader raises an eyebrow teasingly at him. “Be good and stop pouting. Aren’t you happy to see me?”

 

V takes a step forward and leans down, smirking as he whispers beside her ear. “Noona…what did I tell you about treating me like a child?”

 

They all see Irene’s face turn a brilliant shade of crimson, and decide that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter