Don’t you be so nice to me ; I fall in love so easily

If Only I Fell For You

Don't You Be So Nice To Me ; I Fall In Love So Easily

Park Jihoon's POV

 

park chamsae to park jeojang [7.04pm]

park chamsae : explain to me rn why the hell i have to stay over at ur house tonight

 

park jeojang : :/

park jeojang : i told jinyoung we were brothers and he is staying over tonight

 

park chamsae : why are we brothers

 

park jeojang : bc of certain reasons that cannot be disclosed!!1!

 

park chamsae : ...and u expect me to help u bc why

 

park jeojang : bc you're a great friend and you love me :-)

 

park chamsae : i'm going home

 

park jeojang : PLEASE I NEED THIS

 

park chamsae : you've met him for a day you don't love him

 

park jeojang : what do u know 

park jeojang : you're single

 

park chamsae : by choice

park chamsae : now get out of my face

 

"Woojiiiiiin please don't do this to me," I block the way to the door as Woojin attempts to leave.

"What do I gain from this? Nothing."

"I'll do your homework for a month? Please?" I try my best to evoke sympathy from Woojin by showing my puppy eyes.

"And you're going to buy me Melon Soda for a month." 

"Melon Soda?"

"What? I like it." Woojin smiles, showing his signature snaggletooth. 

"So, is that a deal?" 

"Of course, brother." Woojin smirks at me, as if he had planned this all out.

"Don't tell me..." 

"I was gonna to do it anyway but...since you offered to do my homework..." He shrugs as he pats me on the back. "Have fun with lover boy over there."

I blush as I watch him disappear into my room, probably off to watch some cat videos.

"Jihoon? What do you think of these slides?" Jinyoung has been surprisingly hardworking ever since he arrived. I thought he would be gushing all over Woojin seeing how he was a big Woojin fanboy. But I'm glad Woojin hasn't found out that's the reason why I lied to Jinyoung about being brothers with Woojin. I'd never see the end of it.

"You did a great job, I think we could get a pretty decent grade with this." I smile as I unconciously patted his head. Oh no. I've ed up. 

Jinyoung giggles as I awkwardly lift my hand, ashamed by what I've done.

"Don't worry about it, I'm not that sensitive." He flashes me a smile, his eyes forming thin curved lines. Unknowingly making me fall for him even harder.

I clear my throat awkwardly, attempting to stop my gay self from fawning all over him.

"So, what do you want to do now that we're done with the project?" 

"Can we go for supper with Woojin-sunbaenim? I want to talk to him more about dancing!" 

And here we go again.

ヽ(”`▽´)ノ

I pace around the room, bouncing my myself up and down, too nervous to sit down. The whole day Jinyoung has only been getting along with Woojin, always excited when Woojin talks to him or when Woojin compliments him. I sigh deeply as I stop before the bathroom door, Jinyoung seems so close but he is still so far away from my grasp. 

"Would you stop distracting me? I need to complete this level in order to save the princess." Woojin rolled his eyes, going back to his game.

"Save the princess? What are you, seven?" I retorted back, Woojin has already made me miserable enough for the day and I was not about to let him get away with that. 

"On a scale from 1 to 6, yeah." Woojin smirked, his snaggletooth slightly showing. He makes no effort to look up at me, irritating me further.

"Who the even says that? Are you stupid?" I practically shriek while I fall to the ground. Out of the corner of my eye I see Woojin place his phone down and walk towards me. 

"Jihoon, what's wrong?" He probably whispered in his faintest tone. I feel tears well up in my eyes and blinked them away. I feel a hand on my back and hear Woojin humming to the Pokémon theme song. I chuckle slightly as I pull him away to meet his eyes, "How is that supposed to help?"

"Well, you laughed, didn't you?" Woojin beam innocently, eyes sparkling. This is probably why Jinyoung prefers him over me. I might always on Woojin but he is probably the best person I've ever met in my life. "So," Woojin continues, breaking my train of thoughts, "what's wrong?"

"It's just that...I don't know how to get closer to Jinyoung. He just seems so far away and everytime I get closer to him he just slips out of my grasps. And it doesn't help that he looks up to you." I pout, I have a tendency to pout whenever things don't go my way and everyone around me hasn't seem to be able to reject me when I do so.

"So...you're jealous of me?" Woojin chuckles, probably a little too hard, earning himself a light punch to the shoulders. "Sorry but, the more you try to force it the harder it is  to foster a relationship. Maybe you should just try to-"

My head snaps to the bathroom door creaking open, revealing a dripping wet Jinyoung, trying to dry himself off with a comically small towel. I was lost in thought before Jinyoung looks at me sceptically. "Uh...what are you guys doing?" Jinyoung questions, a hint of discomfort could be heard. I turn back to Woojin and grasped the situation we were in. I'm practically cradled in Woojin's arms and he has his head on my shoulder. 

"Uh! I was just...helping him..." I stuttered and grimaced at myself. Why do you always have to be embarrassed in front of Jinyoung? 

"Are you two really brothers?" Jinyoung demanded, brow furrowed.

"Chill, we're just really clo-" I tug at Woojin's shirt before he could finish his sentence. I don't think I can continue deceiving Jinyoung anymore.

"Sorry, we're not really brothers. I just wanted a chance to get closer to you." I glue my eyes to the floorboards in the room, afraid of looking at Jinyoung. I know that if I saw the expression he was making I would probably bawl my eyes out. " Sor-" 

"I can't believe this. Is that a good reason to lie to someone in the first place? You could've just made friends with me like any other sane person would!" Jinyoung lamented, flailing his arms around. 

"I just wanted to get closer to you as soon as possible, I didn't intent to lie to you..." I mumbled, afraid of what Jinyoung would say next. 

"Of course you did intent to lie to me! That was the first thing you did after meeting me in class! I don't care what your reason to get closer to me was, liars are despicable!" Jinyoung howled while stomping out of the room and I immediately collapse to the floor. My tears burst forth like water from a dam, spilling down my face. I feel the muscles of my chin tremble like a small child and I look toward the window, I could already see Jinyoung dashing across the road in a fury. I turned towards Woojin, sobbing into his chest unceasingly, hands clutching at his shirt. He held me in silence, rocking me slowly as my tears soaked his chest. A tiny lapse allowed me to pull away, blinking lashes heavy with tears, before I collapsed again, my howls of misery worsening. The pain must have came in waves, minutes of sobbing broken apart by short pauses for recovering breaths, before hurling him back into the outstretched arms of my grief.

ヽ(”`▽´)ノ

I wake up in the arms of Woojin, eyes puffy and pillows soaked. I sit up, reflecting on what I have done. I sigh, trying to get out of bed when Woojin's hand grabs mine, throwing me off guard. "Are you okay?" he mumbles, trying to rub the sleep out of his eyes. I smile tenderly at him, grateful to have such a supportive friend at such a low point of my life. "It's fine if you don't want to go to school, I'll stay at home with you." Woojin reassures me, not letting go of my hand. 

"I'm fine, it wasn't such a big deal. You said so yourself, how can I fall in love with him within a day?" I try to laugh it off, but the words Jinyoung said truly hurt me. I have no idea how but I was so emotionally invested into Jinyoung, it could've been his earnest grins or adorable laughter but all of that was destroyed over a night. How ironic, our friendship was built over a day after all. 

"I'll go to school with you," Woojin voiced from the bathroom.

"There's no need to, I can handle this much of rejection. Girls would just swarm me in school anyways." I sigh, not wanting to trouble Woojin any further after last night.

"But-"

"No buts! I'm off!" I slam the door shut behind me and bolt before Woojin could catch up. I wanted some time alone to perhaps come up with an apology for Jinyoung, still hoping to salvage our relationship. I walk towards the usual convenient store that I would get my strawberry milk every morning only to come face to face with Jinyoung. I'm still not ready for this, my heart pounds in my ribcage and I can feel bile climbing up my throat.

"I-!" I only managed to utter a single word before Jinyoung drags his friend away, not before throwing me a disgusted look. My gaze falls to the ground and tears start flowing out. I guess he hates me after all.

"Shouldn't you talk to him? He seems like he's crying..." 

"It's fine Daehwi, someone like him isn't worth talking to." I overhear their conversation as they walk down the street, past the pet store where we had our fateful encounter and their backs slowly blended into the background of the busy street ahead. The sadness flowed through my veins and deadened my mind. His words were poison to my spirit,  killing off my other emotions until sadness was the only one that remained. It was as if a black mist had settled upon me and refused to shift.