Help, I've Fallen And I Can't Get Up

If Only I Fell For You

Help, I've Fallen and I Can't Get Up

Park Jihoon's POV

 

I drag myself out of my house to the nearest convenient shop. I could never start a day without strawberry milk, usually Woojin would be outside waiting for me, but today he has dance practice. Who even has dance practice early in the morning? How do you have the energy? I sighed as I walk out of the store, trudging my way to school. Thinking back at all the performances Woojin had in the past month, he must have trained really hard to get that good. Sometimes I envy him for having such a burning passion for dance and I do think he's a little cool. Just a little though. 

On the way to school, I pass the animal shop I work at, run by the couple Daniel and Sungwoo. The shop is still closed, not to my surprise, they're probably still cuddling at home, being the cringey couple that they are. I was cooing at one of the rabbits when I realise someone had been staring at me, judging my embarrassing actions.

"It's rude to stare, you know." 

"Sorry, it was adorable seeing you acting like that, you just caught my attention." The stranger chuckled, his eyes forming thin curved lines, strangely appealing to me.

I clear my throat, taking a closer look at him. His face as small as the milk carton in my hand, probably. My eyes flicker to his uniform, the same as mine, with a red tie, meaning he's a second-year.

"You go to W High School?" Nice one Jihoon, good question. Because it's not obvious at all.

"Yeah, it's my first day so it's probably your first time seeing me. I'm Bae Jinyoung." He extends out a hand and smiles at me.

"Park Jihoon." I smile as I extend out my hand to meet his. 

"Um...could you let g-go of me?" He stutters cutely as I realise I've probably been holding onto his hand for too long. My whole face blushed red as I clumsily retract my hand, not sure what to do with it. He only smiles at me while I continue to be the mess that I am.

"See you later?" He flashed me a quick smile before turning on his heels, running towards the direction of our school. I stare at his back as his tall frame moved out of my line of sight, still smiling stupidly. Maybe we'll be in the same class and develop our friendship even further, although, I've had my fair share of being unlucky.

ヽ(”`▽´)ノ

"Park Woojin! Are you done yet?!" I yell into the locker room, frustrated at how long it's taking him to change.

"Almost! It's hard to wipe all the sweat off, y'know." He shouts back, causing me to roll my eyes.

"Then why do you even dance in the morning?" I asked sarcastically, fully aware of his interest towards dancing. He comes out half , still putting on his clothes and flashed me his signature snaggletooth smile. I blush slightly at the sight of his toned body, jealous at the fact that I may never have such a toned body. I quickly turn away before he sees me, I'm never letting him know that I'm jealous of him, who knows how he'll tease me about having a "child's body". 

"Have you ever had this?" Woojin asked while drinking a bottle of what looks like Melon Soda. 

"Nope, where did you even buy that?" 

"Someone left it outside the dance room along with a note," he said with a smug.

"You sure it isn't a stalker? Pass me that note." I took it from him and started reading the tiny handwriting.

Thank you for always working so hard, I really admire your dancing skills. Please have a Melon Soda to freshen up ^^

"You sure the Melon Soda isn't laced with poison or something? It's too suspicious." I said with a slight annoyance in my voice.

"Are you worried about me or are you jealous?" He teased me as he walked past my class.

"Ah!" Came a shout out of nowhere, making me jump.

The boy I recognised as Bae Jinyoung leaped out of his seat and ran to the door.

"It's him right? The one who performed at Seoul Station last week?" He asked, eyes filled with stars. "Are you friends with him? Do you know often he practices a week? He's so good at dancing don't you agree? I'm practising to be just like him! I hoped he liked the Melon Soda I left? I hope I can become close friends with him! Do you think you can-" Jinyoung goes on rambling on and on about how much he admires Woojin and honestly, I stopped listening halfway through, my envy for Woojin rising. 

"Wait, he's Park Woojin and you're Park Jihoon...are you by chance his brother?" Jinyoung asks, eyes practically twinkling. I got lost in his eyes for a second before he jerks me, demanding an answer. Maybe if he knew I was his brother he would stay closer to me in hopes of getting to know Woojin? 

"Y-yeah! We're brothers with the same mother! For 19 years straight!" Good one Jihoon, that's totally what normal brothers would say. Brothers with the same mother? Who even says that? I hesitate for a moment before looking up at him, worried that my lie would be exposed. However, Jinyoung was looking at me like a child who just got his first toy. He doesn't seem to doubt me at all, instead he grabbed both of my hands and held it close to his chest. 

"Promise me you'll let me meet him, okay!" He asks, well, practically yelling at this point. I look around as everyone in class stares at us, not sure what to make of the new kid in class. This may have been a bad idea after all.