mistakes that are forgiven

Serendipity

 

“Did you really think that leaving her would do any good?”

“Shut up Bom-ah! Didn’t I tell you to stop looking for me?”

“Are you seriously going to be like this, Eunji-ya? Does forgetting all of us just because of what we’ve done, makes our sins less painful?”

“Why are you bringing up that topic again? Do you want me to remind you about Chorong unnie? About how she’s rotting in jail because of you?”

“N-No…”

"Or the fact that Hayoung is dead?!"

“S-Shut up! It’s already been a year!”

“Leave. I don’t want to see you anymore Bom-ah. Stop finding me.”

“Yeah, as if changing your name to Jung Hyerim would ing work.”

“ off.”

“Be grateful. I came here to tell you something.”

“I said off.”

“Naeun quit her performing arts programme at the university.”

“...What?”

“That’s all. I came here just to tell you that.”

“...Does it look like I care?”

“Eunji-ya-”

“Stop it. Just leave. Don’t come after me again.”

 

Coming back to reality, Eunji noticed that her feet were inches away from the floor, her hands tied from a long, heavy chain that was attached above the wooden shaft. She turned to look at her side to see Bomi and Naeun, in the same position. She struggled to get out, causing the shackles around her wrists to make noises, but it was to no avail. There’s no way she’ll be able to escape from this place.

She remembered what happened.

She was going to rescue Naeun. Riding her motorcycle with Bomi behind her, they witnessed the whole kidnapping from afar and chased after the black van. But such rescue mission ended up in a huge failure.

Of course, what were they thinking?

Going head-on with a group of men that were equipped with weapons that can kill?

“Wake up guys!”

There was no response.

“Bom-ah! N-Naeun-ah!”

“I hear you...Eunji...unnie.”

Eunji went silent upon hearing Naeun’s voice.

She did not take into account of how she was going to explain to her that she suddenly decided to become her knight in shining armour again and saved her . But such plan went down the hill and now they’re hostages in an unknown place in which they might probably die?

Life really comes in a cycle. It looks like Eunji will be spending the last moments of her life with Naeun. Her first and last love.

“Y-You’re awake…”

“Yeah…”

There was an awkward silence. Because of the events that had happened, both girls were unsure how to continue the conversation. It was difficult to speak.

But Eunji wanted to muster her courage.

After all, she had lost all hope of someone miraculously saving them. If she was going to die today, she might as well say everything that has been on her mind. She definitely didn’t want to die with regrets still lingering inside.

“Hey-“

“You saved me again.”

Naeun beat her to it.

“Y-Yeah, I did.”

“Why did you do it?”

“Did you expect me to just stand there and watch you being taken away?”

“I thought you would.” said Naeun as she looked down.

“Naeun-ah…” Her heart ached. Maybe she had too harsh. Naeun thinks that she meant nothing to her.

“You didn’t change one bit. You’re still the same you.” The girl turned to look at her with a smile. It was beautiful yet sad.

“It’s the same as helping out a stranger. Nothing more.” Eunji responded.

“So, am I just a stranger?”

“…” She didn’t know how to respond to that question. In fact, this was all of her fault. She suggested the idea of breaking up, straying away from each other’s existence all for one reason, to protect her.

But was she right in making that decision? Looking at how Naeun has turned to the wrong side of becoming an , she has already failed to protect her.

Why was she hurting herself even though she knew that she still loved her?

Was it because of the haunting guilt of what happened 5 years ago? Because she felt sorry for putting her in such a mess and having her go through the hell of her life, she felt that she didn’t deserve to love her?

She never got to hear what Naeun felt about it because she was someone who kept her thoughts close to her heart.

It was her own selfish decision.

What if, she was forgiven?

What if she was given just one more chance, to make it right?

“Naeun-ah, I don’t deserve anything from you.” confessed Eunji. “All I’ve ever done is to hurt you.”

“But that doesn’t mean we have to act like we don’t know each other.”

“It’s to protect you.”

“Am I protected?”

“…” Naeun had Eunji cornered. She had no idea how the girl had become so good at verbally winning her. Just where did her confidence come from? Where was the shy, innocent girl she knew, go?

“I’m not asking us to be together. I just want us to remain as friends. That’s all I ask for.”

These 5 years were lonely for Naeun. Lost with nowhere to go as her friends left her one by one, she turned to the path of becoming an . Feeling the need to become someone else, it was her own temporary haven of happiness.

But she knew that this wasn’t right.

This was not who she is.

She needed someone to guide her.

Not just anyone.

She needed Jung Eunji.

“But I don’t deserve to be with you. The traumas you’ve had, Hayoung's death, Chorong unnie's imprisonment... it’s all my fault.”

“It’s not your fault.” She said. “It’s not Bomi’s unnie’s fault either. We were too young back then to even know what was right and wrong.”

“…True…”

There was an influx of emotions that swirled inside Eunji’s heart. It felt as if her sins were being forgiven as a heavy burden was lifted from her shoulders.

“It’s 5 years late but I’m sorry for slapping you that day…” chuckled Naeun, glad that she was able to somewhat make up with Eunji.

“Ah, that didn’t hurt at all! Like really it was-“

“Wow, you lovebirds actually made up after so long. Oh god, I can’t believe I’m gonna die with these two.” interrupted Bomi with much sarcasm, having enough of pretending to be asleep as she eavesdropped onto their conversation. In fact, it was intentional all along. She was doing Eunji a favour by keeping quiet and letting her clean up their differences.

But of course, there was a limit to how long she could hold on. Especially when Eunji starts making up laughable lies.

“O-Oh, you’re awake Bom-ah!” stuttered Eunji in embarrassment, realising that her friend was listening the whole time.

“Are you okay…Bomi unnie?” asked Naeun.

“More like if the two of us were hurt, you would still go to Eunji first right? Yeah, I’m fine.” Bomi continued to reply with much sarcasm. “God, whoever kidnapped us, can we die now? I don’t think I can stand being with these lovebirds!”

“Shut up!” said Eunji, swinging her legs to kick Bomi. “You’ll be like that once you make up with Chorong unnie!”

“U-Uh…I don’t think that would happen…”

“Bom-ah-”

“I’m gonna run away once I see her, I’m…just not ready yet, how do you think I’m-“

“Damn, what a great drama I’m watching.” said a man in the shadows, clapping his hands away as all of the lights in the warehouse were switched on. Standing on the platform was Kwon Jiyong and his men. He was observing them from inside, bored as he was waiting orders from his boss, Moon Hee Jun. Holding his rifle, he was prepared to kill all three of them like shooting targets.

The reunion was cut short as the girls realised that they were not alone.

“Kwon Jiyong you er.” cussed Eunji, reminded that he was the man who had ually assaulted Naeun and the root of her trauma.

“Ah, looks like I brought up a very vengeful person huh?” chucked Jiyong, unsurprised. “You look just like a dog who is ready to bite. Wow, how scary.” He shrugged his shoulders. “Really though, I would love to kill all three of you right now but orders are orders. Boss wants to get all 6 of you first before we start a big party but he’s taking too damn long and I’m ing bored.” He rambled, pacing back and forth.

“All 6 of us?” asked Naeun.

“Oh right, you guys had no idea.”

“What are you talking about? H-Hayoung is dead…” said Bomi, confused.

“No way…”

“Bingo.” smirked Jiyong as he pointed at Eunji. “She’s alive and I knew she was trouble the first thing she joined us. That ing betrayer.”

“Joined us?” asked Bomi.

“Please, why do you think you guys are still alive? Its because that stupid girl exchanged herself to work for us. Y’all so dumb, ugh as expected of naïve kids.”

“She…exchanged herself…?”

“I’m not gonna start a whole story-telling , why should I anyway? Gosh, where the hell is Boss? Why are they taking so long huh?! Think I should just-“

All of a sudden, the windows shattered into pieces as a bullet shot through Jiyong’s head, his body immediately collapsing onto the floor. Another round of shooting followed as his men were shot and within seconds, four men in black broke through the glass roof and rappelled downwards with a rope. Fully equipped with guns and a bulletproof vest, they did not appear to be enemies.

As they reached the floor, the men proceeded to release the girls free from the chains. Eunji took one glance, seeing through their helmets and saw someone familiar.

“S-Suho?”

“Sorry Hyerim-ah, I mean, Eunji-ya. It’s a long story but first, let’s get you and your friends out of here.” said Suho as he turned to his men, forming signs with his fingers. “Kai and Chanyeol, you’re in charge of these two. Xiumin, cover us while we transfer them to the helicopter!” he ordered.

“Yes sir!”

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

Police HQ.

After a long journey back to the headquarters, Irene, Solar and Namjoo reported back to their superior, Ha Jung Woo as they held an emergency meeting regarding the current events. Joy and Yerin were sent to the interrogation room for further investigation. Jung Woo insisted that their fate is still in discussion and chances of them having to serve their sentence are on a case-by-case basis depending on the decisions made. This has left Chorong and Hayoung to sit in a small waiting room.

With her hands cuffed because she is still a suspect and a member of 96, the girl felt awkward to be alone with Chorong. To her, it was like facing her own mother.

Fiddling with her fingers out of nervousness, Hayoung remained mum and allowed the silence to fill in the gap. The older girl kept quiet and instead, observed Hayoung. After all, the girl raised her and knew the smallest actions that represented her feelings. She could tell that Hayoung wasn't comfortable and wanted to run away from her.

"Hayoung-ah."

The younger girl stopped fiddling her fingers and simply freezed.

"Hayoung-ah?"

"Y-Yeah?" The girl refused to look at her.

"Look at me."

"W-Why should I?"

"I want to see you."

Reluctant, the girl turned to her side.

Upon getting a close-up glance of Hayoung, Chorong smiled warmly.

"You've grown into a very beautiful woman, Hayoung-ah."

"..." She had no idea how to respond to a comment. It was completely unexpected. The girl had thought that Chorong would be mad at her decisions.

"I'm just glad that you're alive and well."

"...Yeah…"

"I heard what you did."

"...About what?"

"How you saved your unnies. That was very brave of you."

"..."

"Hayoung-ah." Chorong reached out for her hands and held onto it tightly. "Thank you for being brave. I'm proud of what you've done so please don't feel ashamed of your actions. You had a reason to do so, and in result, you saved the lives of your sisters. They will be proud of what you have done."

Chorong's warm words caused tears to well up in Hayoung's eyes. It was the perfect medicine to mend the wounds inside her heart, all of the pain that she had been holding on for a long time. She has found what she was missing, the light to guide her to the end of the tunnel.

"I was so scared...unnie...." sobbed Hayoung as she leaned her body forward to be in Chorong's embrace. "I was all alone and I had no one to trust. At one point, I just couldn't stand it and the thought of killing myself crossed my mind once. But I couldn't do it." She rambled and broke down, her hands trembled as she quietly cried under her protection whom she calls, mom.

"You did well." Chorong wiped the girl's tears away and caressed her head. "We're going to be safe now. Let's get this done and over with. Then, we can go home."

Home.

It felt like an impossible dream that could only be made by a chance of serendipity.

Like a mother comforting her youngest daughter, the two stayed in that position for a long time. Reminiscent of the times when she cradled Hayoung to sleep when she was a baby or the days when Namjoo was not around to sing lullabies to her, Chorong was always there to fill in the gap.

Irene stepped into the room and noticed the whole scene. Carefully, she gently knocked onto the door softly so that Hayoung wouldn't wake up from her slumber.

"Hey." greeted Chorong as she turned her head.

"Sorry for interrupting the moment but we need to have a meeting. All of us." she whispered.

"Alright." Chorong proceeded to wake Hayoung up.

"I think it's time to have a whole family reunion." smiled Irene as she ushered them to a meeting room. There was a long table that stretched from one end to the other. Ha Jung Woo was seated at the front along with Solar and Namjoo.

"It'll take awhile before they arrive. Sit down first." informed Solar after receiving a call from the walkie-talkie she was holding.

"They?" asked Chorong.

"Bomi, Eunji and Naeun unnie." said Namjoo. "LLNK tried to kidnap them but because Captain placed a tracking device on Bomi unnie, he sent a rescue team over." she explained.

"Don't worry, they're untouched. All we have to do is wait for them to arrive." said Solar with confidence. "We have the upper hand now."

"I see..." nodded Chorong as she and Hayoung took their seats. Deeply, their hearts were pounding nervously at the thought of meeting their friends again. Chorong, Namjoo and Hayoung had a lot on their minds.

How are they going to react when all six of them are finally reunited despite everything that has happened? Will they still be the same as they were before?

"The mood here suddenly got pretty serious...ouch!" said Solar midway her sentence only to have Irene hitting her shoulder. She received a glare from her friend which was a telepathic message to tell her to shut up.

Investigating their case for years, Irene was the only one who had a deeper understanding of what this reunion meant. Digging up cases and running through a check on all six girls, she was aware of how they would feel right now. But as a spectator, she believed that it was up to them to fix their differences themselves. After all, she was in no position to step in as the mediator. She was simply an investigative officer doing her job, nothing more.

 

 

 


 

 

 

"You're telling me you've been an undercover spy the whole time?!" shouted Eunji in surprise as she stood up from her seat. In response, Kai and Chanyeol had to force the girl to return back as it was dangerous for her to stand in the middle of the flying helicopter. She wasn't angry but simply upset that she was being watched all along.

"I'm sorry Hyerim-Eunji-ya, it was orders from my superior. I couldn't do anything about it." replied Suho, trying to calm her down. "It was all to protect you. We knew about your connection with LLNK but if we were to deal with it first-hand, your life would be in danger. Thus, it was a safer option to watch you from afar. That way, we could gather information in the long run."

"You used me as a tool."

"That is the truth...but Eunji, I've never once considered our friendship fake. You are a good person." He continued. "Besides, I did you the favour by intentionally letting you meet with her." He said, glancing at Naeun.

"T-Then, that means you had that with her! I can't ing forgive you for-" Eunji was about to punch her friend out of anger.

"It's not me! God, calm down! I stole that person's identity. The actual person is a man called Kim Myung Soo and he's just a son of a rich CEO. Nothing more."

"It's true unnie. I've never met this man before." said Naeun.

"I...I see..." said Eunji as she calmed down and returned to her seat. There was just too much going on in her mind and maybe she needed some air to cool her head.

"Wow, ever since you two made up, you’ve been so active. Must be really good to have things settled eh?" mumbled Bomi as no one heard her. She was just exhausted. Plus, she had other things to worry about.

Bomi thought that she would die back then thus, there was no need to face her. She was prepared to leave the world because of her sins. Sometimes she wished a car would randomly knock her down but it never happened. With Suho rescuing them, her plan has backfired. As the man explained the whole situation in regards with LLNK, she had to prepare her heart.

She's nervous, anxious and scared. With a sigh, Bomi looked below as she observed the colourful cities that sparkled at night. For once, the world actually looked beautiful.

"But what you said earlier...it's true? Hayoung is alive?" asked Naeun.

Suho nodded with a smile.

"I thought it would be good time to reveal the truth to you. On that night five years ago, Hayoung exchanged a deal with LLNK. In order to save your lives, she decided to work for them and thus, that was why she was forced to have a fake death." He explained carefully. "If it wasn't for her brave decision, you guys would've been long gone and we may have never gotten the real gist of who and what LLNK was."

"She...did that for us…?" gasped Naeun.

"That stupid kid!" sighed Eunji. For her, feelings were running all over the place. She had never felt so many emotions in her whole life. Of course, she was relieved that everything was settled with Naeun. She was happy that the two could start afresh now as friends. But then, she was confused at Suho's appearance and how she was betrayed at the fact that he acted as a "friend" to her. Another ride of emotion continued through when Hayoung's fake death was explained.

Eunji was going onto a thrilling rollercoaster ride full of emotions.

Naeun was attempting to take in everything that was happening to them. It felt like a dream.

And for Bomi, all that was on her mind was Chorong. In fact, she wasn't even listening into the conversation. Her mind had drifted far away, thinking up of ways to avoid crossing paths with the girl. But all seemed like a dead end. She had to face her, no matter what.

It was making her go crazy. There were so many things she wanted to say, but because of fear, she chose the latter option.

"I know there's a lot of things going on, but please hang on for just a bit more. All we need is your memories of what happened that night. Just a little bit more and we can finish this once and for all." said Suho as the helicopter began to descend slowly and land at the helicopter pad, located at the rooftop of the Police Headquarters. "Let's go."

As the three got down from the helicopter one by one, they were guided by Suho and his men inside the building. Taking the lift down to where the meeting room was, they walked with nervous, beating hearts.

It had been five years since all six of them had seen each other.

A reunion that has been long overdue.

 

 

 


 

 

 

"They're here!" said Solar, recieving the message over the walkie-talkie. Immediately, the two police officers headed out of the meeting room to greet them at the corridor. This has left Chorong, Namjoo and Hayoung in an awkward position alone with Ha Jung Woo. The chief officer had not spoken a single word since and remained silent. He had an intimidating gaze and continued to tap his fingers on the desk according to the beat of the clock hanging on the wall.

Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock.

The clock has struck 12:00am.

It is now, 19th April 2017.

The door opened with a thud. At last, a proper reunion of the six girls.

A reunion of a broken family.

"Chorong unnie!" shouted Eunji with joy, immediately hugging her. "You're finally out of that hell hole!"

"Hey, 5 years and that's the first thing you say to me? Gosh, you never change Eunji-ya." said Chorong, taken aback.

"You'd expect me to be in tears and all that? Hah! Never!"

"As always." she sighed, turning to look at the rest. She smiled warmly, happy to be reunited with everyone else.

A series of the girls hugging each other, small chats and a moment to take it slow and easy. Wanting time to halt for just a minute and catch up with everything that is happening.

"Naeun unnie!!" said Namjoo with excitement. Although the two followed Bomi and Eunji's orders to keep their distance away, they were still actively following each other on social media. In a way, they did break the rule and were still in touch with what they were doing in life.

"I feels so weird to see you wearing that" smiled Naeun in reply, looking at Namjoo's police uniform.

"Hey...there...unnie..." waved Hayoung awkwardly.

Without a word, Naeun pulled Hayoung into an embrace. "You...overdid yourself this time...pabo.."

"Sorry." replied Hayoung. "I just had to."

"...and then I became a really cool biker! I got my favourite red motorcycle but I think its in pieces now but people love me and I'm really happy about it!" explained Eunji, telling a summarized version of what she has been doing the past years.

"I'm happy that you're doing what you love." smiled Chorong. But she noticed that someone was missing. "...Where's Bomi?"

"Bomi? Why she's just right there-...where did she go?" Eunji turned around only to find the girl gone.

"She said she was going to the toilet." said Chanyeol, awkwardly entering the conversation.

"I see, thanks." Chorong proceeded to walk away.

"Wait, Chorong unnie-"

"I'll get Bomi." replied the older girl as she left the room.

"O..k..ay..." Eunji didn't even get to finish her sentence. She sighed and crossed her arms, shaking her head away. As much as she had hoped that Bomi would finally gain the courage to face Chorong, it looks like she was wrong all along. Praying for the best, she turned around and walked to the next person that came into her mind.

Hayoung.

"Hayoung-ah!" shouted Eunji in anger.

"U..Unnie.." The younger girl remained still, preparing her heart for what is to come.

"You.." She raised her hand up but instead of hitting her, she pulled Hayoung into her arms. "Stupid little brat! Did you think sacrificing yourself was for the better?!"

"..."

To Hayoung, Chorong was the mother and Eunji had the fatherly role. Her ways of expressing affection were manly, tougher and her words were not sugar-coated. Even so, she hadn't been able to make up her thoughts. She didn't have anything to say because it was her decision. "I'm sorry..."

"It's alright now. You saved us and now, we get to be together again. All six of us."

"I just wished maybe your hacking skills could be used for the better instead." sighed Namjoo as she looked around to notice that Chorong and Bomi were missing. "Hey, where's-" As she was about to search for them, Naeun grabbed hold of her hand and shook her head. It was a message to tell her that those two needed time alone.

They needed a moment to solve their own problems.

 

 

 


 

 

 

"Bom-ah!" Chorong called out for her, going through each of the cubicles inside the toilet. Opening each door one by one till she reached the last cubicle in the far corner, she knew that Bomi was hiding inside, out of fear because she had done something wrong. Chorong knew that Bomi blamed everything on herself because it was her reckless idea that became the root of several problems.

Bomi was her reason to be in jail.

But Chorong had never once hated her.

"Bom-ah..." The girl carefully opened the last door and there she was. Curled up with her face hiding in between her knees, she was sobbing quietly. Trembling in fear, she refused to move nor respond to her calls.

"Bom-ah." Chorong kneeled down and held onto her shoulders. "Look at me."

Bomi shook her head in response.

"I said, look at me."

It took awhile but the girl slowly lifted her head up. Her eyes were swollen, red and continued to burst with tears flowing down her cheeks. Her face was in a mess as she sniffled her nose.

"Look at you. You got so ugly." joked Chorong as she fixed her hair.

"T-That's the first thing you say to me after 5 years?" asked Bomi in a half-chuckle-crying tone, wiping her tears with her sleeve.

"Then what else do you want me to say?"

"...I don't know..."

"Come on. Let's go, we can't have everyone waiting on us."

"I-I can't. I..shouldn’t…"

"Why?"

"Because...it's all my fault. Everyone's all in this mess because of my stupid decision. I shouldn't even be given this privilege to even be here. They should just arrest me and let me rot in jail-"

"Bom-ah." Chorong cupped Bomi's cheeks and looked directly into her eyes.

"It's not your fault."

"...But you went to jail because of me-"

"It's my decision. Not yours."

"...Even so, Eunji, Naeun, Namjoo and-"

"We were just too young and naive back then. There was nothing we can do about it. It's not your fault Bom-ah."

"Unnie..."

"You may have taken a wrong turn in life but it's never too late to change your path. Don't run from it but face it bravely Bom-ah. Live to amend those mistakes and start anew." said Chorong, noticing that the girl had calmed down. "Didn't you say you were going to marry me? I don't like cowards though..." she asked with a giggle.

"I...but..." Everything that came out from Bomi's mouth was in slur.

The fact that she was forgiven for her mistakes,

And the fact that Chorong still loves her despite everything she has done,

She had no idea how to respond.

She wanted to express her gratitude to Chorong, she wanted to thank her for giving a second chance to make herself right again.

But she couldn't.

Instead, Bomi felt a wet press onto her lips. A gentle kiss that wiped away all of the anxiety building in her body. A small touch that was magical, one that made her remember who she was.

One had her onto the right path.

"I have never once hated you. The reason why I chose to be in your place, was because I love you.” She paused. “I love you Bom-ah. That’s why I can never bear to see you locked behind bars. I would rather do that myself." explained Chorong as she moved back, hands still cupping onto Bomi's cheeks.

"But why would you do that? Why do you always have to become the sacrifice? Why are you always the shield? Why are you always-"

"It's my choice. It's not just you but Eunji, Naeun, Namjoo, Hayoung, even if they were in the same situation, I will choose to take the blow. It's just who I am Bom-ah."

"But..that's not fair..."

"The world is never fair." Chorong smiled sadly as she brushed her fingers through Bomi's hair. "Let's not waste any time. Everyone's waiting for us." The girl continued, smartly switching the topic.

"Yeah." Bomi nodded. "Let's get those bastards down."

"Hey, mind your words."

"I-I’m old enough to talk however I want…"

"Gosh, now you're suddenly acting all high and mighty." giggled Chorong as she was happy that Bomi was slowly returning back to her normal self.

 

 

 


 

 

 

“I know it has been tough on all of you but do not worry. All of you are in safe hands and in the protection of the police.” said Ha Jung Woo. “We are one step away to end LLNK and their plans but in order to do that, we need your help.” He continued. “Our mission is to eliminate the nuclear weapon production plant but we lack the information of where it is located or how it works. LLNK has the intention of killing you now that they are aware of what is happening. Thus, we will give you our full protection until this mission is over.”

 

“I’ll tell you everything. I’ve been there before.” said Hayoung.

“Yes. I am aware. Your fellow mates told us. You are the only one who has entered that facility. As much as we need to protect you, we need your help-“

“I know. I will go with your men on this mission. I want to kill those bastards for what they’ve done.”

“Hayoung-ah…”

It was obvious that the girls were not keen to send their youngest out into danger again. But Hayoung was brought up in such a harsh, cruel environment thus she does not hesitate to agree.

She wanted revenge.

“If she’s going, I’m going too.” said Namjoo.

“Namjoo, we cannot risk bringing you along.” said Solar in objection.

“But unnie-!”

“There is one problem though.” said Hayoung interrupting the conversation. “I’ll help you out if you agree on my terms and conditions.” she smirked.

Ha Jung Woo raised his eyebrow. He knew that Hayoung was different from the rest. Perhaps, it was because she used to work for LLNK and had a clearer picture of what needed to be done.

“And what do you have in mind?”

“You’ll need to trust me and follow my plans. Not yours.” She continued. “After all, I’m a member of 96. There’s no way you’re getting in there without me.”

“…” Ha Jung Woo crossed his arms, leaning back onto the chair as he began to consider her words carefully. It is not wise to send a whole unit of troops on a mission especially at the fact that they were dealing with North Korea.

One wrong move and they could bring their country into the verge of war.

But can he put his trust into Hayoung who used to work for LLNK?

 

 

“So they are a family?” the man asked after hearing to Irene’s explanation.

“Yes. Although it is our utmost priority to protect them, Hayoung is a member of LLNK thus she holds a great benefit to this mission. You have to consider about this carefully sir.”

“Benefit comes with great sacrifices.

“Are you saying to risk their lives?”

“If it is for the safety of the country, then yes.”

“The lives of six people over the lives of millions?!”

“Yes.”

“…Sir…you’re using them to your advantage. This isn't right.”

“There are times where law is not practically used Irene-ssi. In a moment where making a decision comes onto the lives of millions, you have to do it.”

“But that makes us, a murderer…you can't just use them as a sacrifical tool...”

“The world just works that way, Irene-ssi. Accept the reality.”

 

 

 

Ha Jung Woo remained mum.

“Very well.” He said, making a decision.

“Now we’re talking.” smirked Hayoung. “But first, I need my fellow friends released.”

“Fine.” Ha Jung Woo signalled his men to bring Joy and Yerin who were detained in the interrogation room.

“And I will need your men.” She said, glancing over at Suho, Chanyeol, Kai and Xiumin who were standing behind Ha Jung Woo.

“You have a lot of requests.”

“Of course.”

“Let’s hear your plan, Hayoung-ssi.”

 

--