Chapter 3

I Do
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

To say that he is living his life to the fullest would be a lie, but Kyungsoo somewhat finds peace with how his life is turning out to be within the two months. He despised his arranged marriage at first - the fact that it is arranged still ticks him off at times, but he finds it to be surprisingly comforting now. He gets to go to work, teaching the rebellious yet endearing high school teenagers  without worries and his father no longer bothering him because he finally is of use to him - for now at least, he has his freedom to go anywhere he wants and coming back to a place he finally can call home.  Kyungsoo finds freedom in this confinement. 

 

He wouldn’t say that he is now fully content with this, Kyungsoo still needs getting used to sharing a bed with someone but he no longer hates it. Kris.. he is yet to understand Kris but his husband mostly leaves him alone, they have a small chat or two when they’re in the same space together which is rare since Kris always comes home when he’s dead asleep and Kyungsoo will leave for work before the taller wakes up, but it’s working out well for him. Kyungsoo can’t tell if Kris is avoiding him or because their schedules just don’t match so they don’t meet as much but he is just grateful of having personal space and time. They’re both are civil with each other which is good, it just feels like having a roommate in the house. 

 

(Though he knows roommates don’t fall into each other’s embrace every night but Kyungsoo refuses to dwell on this. It’s cold at night and Kris is warm, he reasons.)

 

He wakes up one day in the middle of his sleep to a weight on his chest and someone groaning to his ear. He blearily tries to open his eyes but a loud whimper wakes him up like a cold water splashed on him. Kyungsoo wakes up to his husband’s face buried in his neck. The taller has a death grip on his waist and as if sensing his movements, he wraps his hand around Kyungsoo’s waist tighter. Kyungsoo is baffled, did Kris come back home drunk? It took him a while to fully awake and when he finally manages to wring out his way from Kris’s grip he finally registers the taller’s unusual body heat. He touched his forehead for good measure and sighs, Kris is having a fever.

 

The weather has been getting colder these few days and with Kris keeps staying overnight and sometimes outside at work, it’s no surprise that he’s bound to get sick one day. Kyungsoo doesn’t even know if he’s been skipping meals or not with all those crazy work hours. This is not what he expects when he agreed to this marriage, he’s supposed to be a spouse not a babysitter.

 

Kyungsoo glances at the clock on his bedside table and winces at the time. He got at least three hours more before he needs to get up. With heavy heart, he gets out of the warm bed and his husband’s comfy warmth to freshen up. It’s not like he’ll be getting to work anyway today. The school is having sports events throughout this week and all the teachers are taking turns to be present at school to supervise the students. Admittedly, he doesn’t have the heart to leave Kris alone sick in the house. Yes, Kyungsoo is not heartless even though this practically has nothing to do with him. Being nice is not a part of the contract.

 

But when he takes a look at his husband and finds himself admiring how peaceful he looks when he is sound asleep. The taller’s brows then furrowed before he lets out another groan. Kyungsoo takes the duvet that is now falls down to Kris’s waist cover his body. He is feverish on the outside but Kyungsoo is certain Kris is feeling very cold right now. Oh well then, being nice won’t do no harm.

 

He slips out of the bed and goes straight to the kitchen, while replying a text to Baekhyun about their plan on weekend. His friend has been bugging him to meet up, but Kyungsoo is reluctant. Baekhyun is a nice friend, but he is too nosy. His prodding questions about his marriage life is making Kyungsoo uncomfortable. It makes him realize how

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter