Idiots in Love

Blind in Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's been two weeks since Seungcheol and Jihoon met. Two weeks since they last saw each other.

 

Seungcheol was slowly recovering from the surprise of meeting his ex-crush. That's when he spotted Seokmin pulling Jihoon behind him, walking towards them. He looked at Jihoon struggleing to get out of Seokmin's grip.

 

"Seokmin, let go of me or I swear I'll kill you with my guitar!" The smaller yelled at the taller.

"Yeah, yeah. Just shut up and follow me. You're having lunch with us, whether you like it or not." Seokmin didn't even bother to look at Jihoon. He sat the smaller down right in front of Seungcheol. Jihoon would have moved seats but there was no other seats left, and he couldn't leave with Seokmin watching him like a hawk.

 

Seungcheol tried to avoid looking at Jihoon at first but couldn't help himself.

 

Jihoon on the other hand, refused to look at him and instead looked at everything but him.

 

Everyone was talking happily except Jihoon and Seungcheol, with the exception of Seokmin observing them every once in a while.

 

 

That was what happened for the next month, Seokmin forcing Jihoon to have lunch with them, Seungcheol staring at Jihoon with a glint of sadness in his eyes, Jihoon refusing to even spare glance at Seungcheol, and Seokmin who observed their every move without anyone noticing.

 

 

 

~

 

Jihoon was surprised when Seokmin didn't come barging into his house and dragging him to have lunch with their group of friends. He let out a shaky breath as memories of the past month flooded his mind.

 

He remembers feeling Seungcheol's gaze on him. It would tempt him to look up and meet his eyes, but he refused to do so. He wonders what would have happened if he did look at him. Would Seungcheol smile at him? Glare at him? Look away from him, or maybe cry? He was sure that he would cry if he did look at him. How would Seungcheol react to that? Would he laugh at him? Or would he try to comfort him? What would their relationship be after that? Would it get better or worse? Maybe if he did look at him, he could have known how Seungcheol feels about him.

 

He laughed bitterly to himself.

 

All these what if questions, yet it was too late to do the single thing that might have changed everything.

 

What an idiot he was.

 

 

 

While Jihoon was left alone with his thoughts, Seungcheol was shocked to see Seokmin walking towards them without Jihoon.

 

"Where's Jihoon?" Soonyoung asked.

 

"I didn't get him. If he wants to come, he should come on his own." Seokmin sat down by his boyfriend. They all nodded.

 

Seungcheol didn't know how to feel. He had been getting used to Jihoon having lunch with them. And he had secretly hoped that Jihoon would look at him. He might have been able to find out something about how Jihoon feels about him. But would that even change anything? He didn't even know how he felt about Jihoon. A part of him knew he liked him yet the other part refused to do so and kept reminding himself that Jeonghan was his boyfriend.

 

Speaking of Jeonghan, Seungcheol found his boyfriend staring at him with concern.

 

"W-What's wrong?" Seungcheol cursed himself for stuttering.

 

"I should be the one asking you that. Spill it." Jeonghan narrowed his eyes.

 

"There's nothing wrong. You're just imagining it." He looked away.

 

He held his breath as he felt his boyfriend's gaze on him. Jeonghan stared down at him but suddenly looked away.

 

"Why are you lying to me...?" Jeonghan whispered, barely loud enough for Seungcheol to hear.

 

"I'm not."

 

"Liar." Jeonghan grabbed his chin, forcing him to look at him. "Why the are you lying to to me?! What are you hiding from me?"

 

"..."

 

Jeonghan slowly looked around, meeting all pair of eyes on him.

 

"Sorry..." He forgot that his friends were still there. "I'll just be going now." He quickly stood up with Seungcheol following behind him.

 

The friends left behind sat in silence, not noticing how Seokmin had been observing them the whole time and now had a glint of annoyance in his eyes.

 

But Seokmin didn't notice how Jisoo looked at Jeonghan retreating figure with sadness...

 

 

 

~

Seungcheol gulped nervously for the umpteenth that day. He had a downhearted Jeonghan to deal with and to make that worse, he had Seokmin glaring daggers at him.

 

Seokmin was annoyed. No, annoyed was an understatement. It was more like he was angry at both Jihoon and Seungcheol. Angry at their stupidness to be so blind to their obvious love for each other. He was seriously wondering how anyone could be so blind. So here he was, sitting in front of Seungcheol and glaring at him.

 

It had been two weeks since Seungcheol and Jeonghan's fight and two weeks of Seokmin's glare directed at him. He was getting tired of it but shivered as an memory of last week played in his mind.

 

Flashback of last week

Seungcheol was annoyed of both his boyfriend and Seokmin. He could handle either of those, but not at the same time. So he forced himself to gather enough courage to confront Seokmin.

 

He looked at Seokmin, who was sitting in front of him. Their eyes locked and Seungcheol felt a shiver run down his back. His stare only added more fuel to the fire. Seokmin stared at him with his eyes glinting with something he couldn't indentify. He didn't look angry or sad. He actually looked calmed, but he knows he wasn't with that look iin his eyes. It was as if he was daring him to confront him.

 

Seungcheol looked away immediately and swore to himself that he would never get on Seokmin's bad side.

 

Present

The table was silent. It was as if everyone could feel the tension in the air. No, it was more like everyone could tell that Seokmin's patience was wavering thin...

 

And then it broke.. He stood up so fast that Seungcheol didn't even have time to comphrehend what was happening and before he knew it, he was at the back of a building he didn't know.

 

He was slammed against the wall with hands on his shoulders, holding him there. He gulped nervously, his adam's apple bopping up and down. He met Seomin's eyes, but immediately looked away.

 

"Seungcheol, did I ever tell you that you were getting on my nerves." He spoke slowly. Seungcheol shook his head and tried running away, but was slammed back onto the wall with the hands on his shoulders never leaving. "No? But I'm pretty sure you know why, don't you?" He shook his head again. "You are getting on my nerves becuase you're so oblivious." Seokmin let go of him.

 

"Oblivious? To what?" He asked, rubbing his shoulders and back.

 

"You don't even know? That's how blind you are to even notice that you are in love with Jihoon. You always have and will be if you don't stop denying it." Seungcheol's eyes widened as he stared at the ground. Seokmin continued. "You need to stop playing with Jeonghan's heart. He really loves you, loves you so much that he even ignores how his boyfriend was obviously looking at another man. Break up with him before he gets even more hurt."

 

"No..." He shook his head. "That can't be true. I've alreadly moved on from him.. I love Jeonghan now..." He mentally cursed in his head, even he could tell how insincere that sounded.

 

"Stop denying it. The longer you two deny it, the longer you suffer. Just admit the truth. You've loved him since high school and you still do. You've never stopped loving him. You can't deny how you feel when you see him. You get butterflies in your stomach, blood rushes to your face, you get nervous, but most of all.. your heart aches when you see him. Even if you don't know it, you're secretly yearning for him."

 

"Stop it... Stop. Just stop talking.." By now he was holding his head in his hands.

 

"Fine, but I want you to think about what I said. Hurry and get him before it's too late. Make him yours." Seokmin bent down to his ear and then he left Seungcheol alone to think about what he said.

 

"Why..? Why do I still want you..."

 

 

 

~

Jihoon looked around himself, searching for someone. He was at a coffee shop for a date.

 

"Jihoon?" He heard a voice say.

 

"Mingyu?" He looked at the guy he had seen on his phone.

 

"Yeah! I'm so glad that we could finally talk in person." Mingyu smiled.

 

"Yeah.." Jihoon didn't really care though. He only agreed on this date to get his mind off of a certain person. He met Mingyu online and decided to agree to go on a date with him.

 

"Are you that disappointed with meeting me? Am I that bad looking?" The taller tried to make a joke.

 

"What? No, you are actually more handsome in person than in your pictures."

 

"Thank you, I think?"

 

The two ended up talking about random things, but mostly with Mingyu leading it.

 

 

Later At Jihoon's house

" Here, you can pick a movie. I'll make us some popcorn." Jihoon handed the taller a remote.

 

He came back with a bowl of popcorn and to find that his date picked out a comedy movie. He sat down by him, putting the bowl on his lap.  Mingyu started the movie and the couple found themselves laughing at the movie. Their hands would touch sometimes when grabbing popcorn. Jihoon couldn't care less about it, but Mingyu on the other hand, he would always end up blushing like an idiot and pulling his hand away immediately.

 

Halfway into the movie, Mingyu felt something warm on his shoulders. He looked

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter