His Mistake

I'm Not Him
Please log in to read the full chapter

Notes

They're in highschool. Jihoon is a junior, Seungcheol and Soonyoung are both seniors. Jihoon was a sophomore when he broke up with Soonyoung.

Looking back at it, Jihoon doesn't know why he took so long to recover from his first heartbreak or why he was so stupid to let him go.

Oh wait,

It was him who let Jihoon go.

And Jihoon didn't realize how much he loved him until he left him.

~

Three Years Ago

Jihoon's eyes widened at the sight before him.

There was his boyfriend in a coffee shop with another boy. Soonyoung had his arm wrapped around him.

There's nothing wrong with having a arm around your friend, Jihoon tried convincing himself.

But all his hope disappeared when his boyfriend leaned in and their lips met. He ran away from the shop before they could spot him.

He ran with tears dripping down his face.

He ran to his room, ignoring his mother and slamming the door shut.

He jumped on his bed, covered himself with his blanket, and sobbed his lungs out.

 

Jihoon and Soonyoung met the next day. Jihoon watched his behavior to see if you behaved differently.

He didn't. He acted as if everything was normal and that he wasn't cheating on him.

He let out a gasp when he noticed Soonyoung moving his face closer to his. He wanted to lean in and meet him halfway but remembered he was not the only person to taste his lips.

Jihoon pushed him away.

"What's wrong?" Soonyoung gave him a confused look.

Jihoon kept silent, scared of what his two-year-relationship was becoming of.

"Fine, I'm gonna leave. Talk to me when you're not mad." Soonyoung picked up his jacket and left.

Jihoon stared at the door for a moment until he broke down.

 

The next time the two met was a month later.

"Baby, what's wrong? You haven't talked to me in a month." Jihoon winced at the word as he probably called him that too. "You haven't spoke a word to me since I got here. Please, talk to me." Soonyoung wrapped his arm around him. Jihoon met his eyes and he couldn't help but get angry.

He pushed his arm off him and started yelling.

"What's wrong?! What's wrong is that you have been cheating on me for who knows how long!" Soonyoung's eyes widened in shock.

"How long have you known?"

"You're not even going to try to deny it?! I've known since ing last month! You've been seeing that bit-"

"Don't call him that! Don't you dare call him that."

"Now you're defending him!" Jihoon felt his eyes getting teary. "Did you ever even love me? Even for a moment?" He whispered.

"I did. But then I met him and-"

"When did you meet start seeing him?"

"A year ago."
"..." His eyes widened in shock. "You've been cheating on me for a year?" He whispered as if he was afraid to know the answer.

"..." That silnce was all he needed to know that it was true.

"Let's break up, Soonyoung." His tears were streaming down his face by now but he didn't bother to wipe them away. "I don't want to be in a relationship with someone who doesn't even love me."

"...Okay." Soonyoung walked to the door and paused. "I'm sorry..." He walked out the door without ever turning back.

Jihoon cried and kept hoping that he would come back.

He never did.

~

A year later(Two Years Ago)

"Jihoon, why are you always alone?"

Jihoon ignored the rather handsome raven haired boy and continued to read his book.

"I'm going to be your friend, Jihoon. Even if you don't want to, I'm going to be your friend."

Jihoon shot his head up at the words, surprised written all over his face. The raven haired boy laughed at the sight and sat on the chair in front of Jihoon's desk.

Jihoon glared at his action.

Ignoring the glare, the boy continued talking. "I'm Choi Seungcheol by the way."

"I don't need to learn a name of a person I'm going to forget."

"But you're not going to forget me. I'm not just any person, I'm your friend. Isn't it normal to learn your friend's name?"

"I don't have any friends."

"That's a rather sad thing to say, and quite harsh too. I alreadry told you I'm going to become your friend."

"I don't need any friends."

"Everybody needs to have someone to rely on. You could depend on me if you're ever in trouble, since we're friends."

"You're not going to do what I want, are you?"

"Well that depends. Do you want me as a friend?"

"No, I don't need anybody."

"That's too bad then, I'm going to become your friend anyways."

"Do what you want then."

That was how they met and became friends.

~

"Leave me alone, you idiot." Jihoon sighed as he put his hands on top of his head and closed his eyes.

"No, didn't you say I could do whatever I wanted? And I have a name." Seungcheol smiled at him.

Jihoon opened his eyes and scoffed.

"If only we could go back in time to fix our mistakes."

"Jihoon, call me by my name."

"Idiot."

"My name. Say my name."

"Idiot."

"My name is not idiot. It's Seungcheol, Choi Seungcheol. Now say it."

"I will never call you by your name, idiot."

Jihoon had never called him by h

Please log in to read the full chapter