Necktie

Suspicious Drabbles

This is a prompt from one of my precious readers! Necktie scene (๑ơ ₃ ơ)♥ hope it doesn't disappoint!^^

 

-----------------------------

 

"Due to fabricated pieces of evidence, an innocent man is unfairly framed of murder.....who will uphold his rights?"

 

Somehow, the words Ji Wook had said himself in the court didn't feel right. Nothing ever felt right with Hyun Soo's case. He had successfully defended him during today's trial but he felt worse than he ever did. There was always that suspicion at the back of his mind that Hyun Soo is the murderer.

 

Did the man even had rights to uphold?

 

He trudges towards the stairs and hears Bong Hee speak to him, "Good work today, Lawyer No." Turning towards her, he distractedly responds the same and proceeds towards upstairs before peeling off his suit and sitting in his couch. He felt so drained, with confusion and speculations swirling in his tired mind. He closes his eyes in attempt to blank it all out.

 

He faintly senses soft footsteps on the stairs and debated whether to open his eyes to talk to her or not.

 

"Lawyer No, there aren't enough bath supplies on the first floor so...."

 

She stops and the long silence that followed made him think that she must've noticed his closed eyes. Somehow, his heart started hammering; making him swallow hard. He was suddenly hyper aware of her presence in the silent surroundings.

 

Will she stay if he pretended that he was asleep?

 

Then suddenly, he feels her much closer and fumbling with his necktie. Her clumsy fingers untying the cloth in utmost effort to do it slowly and cautiously to help him sleep more comfortably. He fights back a smile as he faintly smells her distinct perfume that seemed to envelope him at the moment. She always reminded him of a sweet sage, that plant that saves and heals. Her presence was exactly the epitome of healing.

 

He contemplated whether he should open his eyes now or not. He didn't want her to go away once she knows that he's awake, god knows how awkward it has been the past few days after he had rejected her. It was so difficult for him to stay at a certain distance and mind his actions towards her especially since she didn't want him to treat her kindly anymore.

 

She was still fumbling with his necktie and his hair prickles. She wasn't even touching him but he feels the static. He finds it confusing how even the slightest gestures of her makes the biggest impact on him, like when she had asked him to open his laptop with his thumbprint a few days ago. He had raised up his arm so she can place the laptop near him and the moment she touched his finger to place it on the sensor, his mind was reeling, the fleeting touch sending waves of goosebumps all over his body. It was crazy.

 

He feels that she finally took off the other end of the necktie and his eyes flew open, an involuntary reaction. He stares at her bright and clear eyes, seeing the shock and sudden panic as she stared right back. He feels as though he was drowning in something that he couldn't quite understand. Seeing her face in close proximity was wrecking his senses.

 

"i wasn't trying to undress you! I mean, i was only trying to take off your necktie for you but..." she tried to explain in panic, her words tumbling over each other and he couldn't help but feel a bit sad. She didn't have to be so scared, even if he was really asleep and she did that, he wouldn't have the heart to reprimand her. There was a slight sting in his heart as he realizes how hesitant she already was with any close contact with him since that night. He's aware that it's his fault. He's the one who rejected her. Of course she would be cautious and guarded around him.

 

He briefly wonders if the longing is clear in his eyes.

 

"Why do i always stutter so much?" she sighs as she stands up and the thundering of his heart worsens. He should've just kept his eyes closed then maybe she would've stayed. He looks down in disappointment.

 

"I promise that i was only trying to take off your tie for you. Please trust me.....i'll go then."

 

In the spur of the moment he takes her wrist, the action purely a reflex of what his mind desired, with his pulse loud in his eardrums. He didn't want her to be so distant to him. He didn't like her being so cautious towards him. He didn't like not being able to be close to her like before.

 

He didn't want her to go.

 

"Eun Bong Hee i'm sorry....." he whispered softly, meaning the words in so many ways.

 

I'm sorry for rejecting you.

 

I'm sorry for hurting you.

 

I'm sorry for making it hard for you everyday.

 

I'm sorry that I can't seem to let go of you.

 

He looks up to her eyes and gather the words in his tongue. "Five minutes.......please stay with me for just five minutes..." he sees the conflict in her face as she swallowed and wets her lips. He was sure he wouldn't be able to sleep tonight with all these bothering thoughts. He knew he was being cruel, but he needed her presence now more than ever. The thought of being separated from her at the moment was dreading and he didn't care if he had to beg for her to stay.

 

She took a deep breath and nodded, making him sigh in relief. The tension in his body slowly went away as she settles his arm on the cushion and sits on the ground in front of him. "Sleep tight."

 

He gazes at her as she continued to look down and avoid his eyes. This girl is too kind hearted, fulfilling the request of a man who had rejected and hurt her. Regret started to fill him as he looked at her longingly, heartbroken at a lost relationship that had never even begun.

 

He closes his eyes to hold back the sad feelings that was threatening to come and his whole being relaxes, assured at the fact that Bong Hee was there. He didn't expect that her existence beside him was something that he always craved, being that he was so used to being alone and he had always preferred it that way. Somehow, Bong Hee became someone that was always welcome to his space.

 

Before he knew it, the dark swallows him up and he falls into a slumber.

 

.

 

He wakes up from a numb feeling in one of his thighs. Fighting the urge to push whatever heavy thing was placed upon it, he slowly opens his eyes and discovers Bong Hee sleeping soundlessly on the ground while leaning on the said numb thigh.

 

He lets out a breath and smiled. So she really stayed with him even after he fell asleep. The thought made him really happy. He didn't dare move from his position as he observed her sleeping form. Her arm was placed fully on his thigh, hair splayed at the side, her soft cheeks slighty squished on her arm, making her lips pout. Her meek and soft vision made him want to hug her.

 

She was too endearing. Everything about her was endearing.

 

He moves carefully to position her more comfortably and grabs his suit to cover her lower body so as not to make her cold. He could stay like this for a long while. The numbness on his thigh wasn't really bothering after all.

 

He leans his chin on one of his hand and continued to observe her with a smile. He didn't even know when he fell asleep again, basking in the mini oasis that existed at the moment.

 

It had been the most comfortable and the longest he had slept since forever.