Seasons in the sun

Suspicious Drabbles

She missed him terribly.

 

Their short time together when she was an intern in his office was full of frustrations, challenges and hair grabbing in her part. Not to mention the constant 'harassment' he did when he gave her too much work with so little time.

 

Others would've deemed her crazy if they knew that she looked back at those memories very fondly because behind those stern gazes and strict instructions of him, he would always make sure that she learned properly while constantly smiling at her; albeit it was more of a mocking smile.

 

She looked back to that time when he had saved her from humiliation by pretending to be her boyfriend in front of her ex. She was confused as hell but it made him shine even more brighter in her eyes.

 

She distinctly remembers that amused smile he tried to hide when she was eating a double portion jajangmyeon while on interrogation break. Her heart fluttered so much that she almost couldn't swallow her food. It was amazing.

 

And of course, him sacrificing his precious job to save someone like her, even going to the point of withdrawing the case so there won't be any future appeals without evidence. She couldn't understand how he could go so far for someone as lowly as her. Someone who had once humiliated and called him a subway ert when she should've been grovelling at his feet and worshipping him.

 

"Now we move on to the Court Organization Act which was passed in-"

 

Yes, i should move on from Prosecutor No, i shoul-

 

She slapped her face lightly, forcing herself to pay attention to class again. She should really get a grip of herself.

 

Bong Hee believes she has been living a pretty diligent life. Being constantly bullied, ostracized, and ridiculed as murderer, life was hard but she was able to make it through. If that's what it takes to be able to clear her name and repay Prosecutor No.

 

She slows down her step to match his lazy ones. Today, she peeks at him again from across the road. She smiles as her bad day seemingly got better with each step. He was like her personal battery, she just had to see him from time to time to recharge.

 

But he was still so lonely looking, with his broad shoulders hunched while he walked. He must be miserable in his work as lawyer. Her heart ached from guilt once again.

 

Each time the seasons passed, at the exact day it changes, she would intentionally walk towards him in the pedestrian lane, hoping with all her heart and being that he would notice her and at least show even just a small smile as acknowledgement of her existence.

 

It's been two years now, Mr. No.

 

She stared at her journal as her eyes burned with tears. She took a deep breath and with trembling hands, took the pen and resumed her writing.

 

The weather is not constant, it always changes but my love for you is still the same and the only difference was how it just keeps getting stronger every moment i see you.

 

Today again, the snow starts to melt from the heat and she took courage as she took the first step towards him, staring straight at his eyes, getting closer to him with each step, her heart pounding hard against her chest. Will he finally notice her?

 

.

 

He never did.