Chapter 2: First Meet

It's an ARRANGEMENT

 

Chanyeol worked all day at his office. It was almost 10pm when he finally reached his penthouse. His penthouse was situated on the top of a famous hotel owned by his family. As he closed the door of his penthouse, Chanyeol noticed two pairs of shoes at the doorway. He knew the owner of those shoes. When he finally reached the living room, Chanyeol saw his parents were watching TV as they turned their head when they heard footsteps.

“mom.. dad.. What are you doing here?” Chanyeol asked as he put down his briefcase and loosen his tie.

“We have something to discuss with you. Sit down, son.” His father said.

“I’ll go make coffee first” his mother stood up and went to the kitchen.

Chanyeol frowned as he sat down, thinking about the matter that his parents want to discuss. It must be something important. His parents even bother to go to his penthouse this late hour.

Soon after that, his mother came back with three cups of coffee as she sat down beside her husband and opposite to Chanyeol.

“What is it, dad?” Chanyeol asked.

His dad took a breath as he talked, “Chanyeol, It’s been 5 years since you’ve been appointed as the CEO. We’re happy that you’ve working so well but we’ve only seen you too busy with the company lately. It’s not good for your health if you keep working too hard like this, son. Don’t you think about settle down a bit?”

“Your dad is right, Chanyeol. You’re almost 30 years old. How about you start thinking about marriage?” his mother added.

Chanyeol massaged his temple. He knew something like this would come. His parents have been hinting about it before. Set him up on blind dates although he refused them all. He was just too busy to find his own. Furthermore, all the women that tried to hook up with him are gold diggers. That is why he would avoid all kinds of scandal or affairs. He was known as a cold hearted man. All those women who want to seduce him, he would brushed them off like they were nothing. Unlike most young rich men out there, they probably enjoying all women around them.

“We’ve talked about this. I will marry when the time come. Besides, I haven’t found my partner yet.” Chanyeol replied.

“We have given you some time, Chanyeol. But you don’t seem to make effort finding your own partner. This is the perfect age to marry. We’ll get older if we wait for you any longer. And we’ve have found the perfect partner for you.“ His mother said.

Those words coming out from his mother’s mouth made Chanyeol shocked.

“mom.. You know that I hate it when you try to set me up with someone. Now an arrange marriage? ”

“You should consider about this, Chanyeol ah. Your partner is our longtime friend’s son. We know about his family background. Isn’t that a good thing?

“WAIT!!! Son ?? You mean, I’ll marry a guy?” Chanyeol asked. Shocked.

“Unfortunately, yes. They only have 2 sons. Their first son already married. So, you will be marrying their second son.” His mother explained.

“I’m sorry but I have to decline the marriage. ” Chanyeol responded with serious tone.

“We knew you won’t agree to this so easily. So, let’s make a deal, son. Byun couple proposed that if you agree to marry their son, they will merge their company with ours. This is a rare chance, Chanyeol.” His father spoke while looking straight to his face. The look on his father was the same look when he was in the meeting.

“And when you successfully merge with the Byun, you’ll gain the trust from the shareholders. You know there are some people who want to take you down.” His father added.

Chanyeol brushed his hair to the back, trying to calm himself down. There’s so much thought in his mind. Right now, his father was making a business deal out of the marriage arrangement and he hate that he was tempted to just agree with the arrangement. Growing up with business minded parent , he was trained to be like them too. A merge with Byun company was a big deal. Rare chance, like what his father said. Byun company is one of most successful company in Korea but they’re known to be low profile. They are an independent company without any collaboration or merge with other company. If their companies merge, it would be the biggest success in Korea. Besides, some people want to take his position and there were also people who denying his ability since he was so young when he was appointed as CEO, this time he’ll prove it to them.

“When will the wedding be held?” Chanyeol finally spoke after a long silence. His parents looked at each other as they exchanged smile.

“Next week, son” His parents replied in unison. Chanyeol ignored the fact that his parents sound a little bit too excited.

“And we’ll meeting them tomorrow night” His mother said.

“Alright, then. I’ll go to bed first” Chanyeol stood up as he headed towards his bedroom on the second floor leaving his parents in the living room.

After a while, his father spoke, “I don’t know that you would come out with this brilliant plan, dear. No wonder you and Boram were excellent students during our college year.”

“Of course, we were.” His mother replied as she giggled. His mother took out her phone as she heard a message was received. “Boram said that Baekhyun already agree to the marriage. I’m so excited for tomorrow and I can’t wait to meet Baekhyunie. I wonder how does he look now” she told her husband. Her husband just smiled at that.

 

*********

Morning came so fast that Baekhyun didn’t remember when he dozed off as he was so occupied with the thought about his marriage next week. Baekhyun yawned as he still felt sleepy but the knock on the door was disturbing his beauty sleep. It was their maid that came to wake him up.

“Let me sleep more, noona” he said to their maid as he covered himself with blanket.

“But young master, madam want you to have breakfast with them. It’s an order. ” Their maid replied.

Baekhyun glanced at his table clock. 8 a.m. He grumbled. It was Saturday and he usually didn’t wake up this early. But since it was an order from his mother, he let himself to the bathroom with heavy steps. Who knows what his mother would do if he disobey her order as he remember last night incident.

After he finished dressing himself, he went downstairs to the dining room.

“Good morning, omma..appa..”

“Good morning, Baekhyun ah. Come, sit here.” His mother greeted him with a smile. His father just nodded his head as he was busy reading newspaper.

“Omo..What happen to your eyes? You look like a panda now.” His mother chuckled as she son.

“No, I’m not !!!! I’ve already put on concealer to cover it up. “ Baekhyun replied as he looked at the large mirror on the wall near the dining table.

“This is because I can’t sleep last night you know.. “ He continued. His mother chuckled even more that she already knew the reason why.

“You guys didn’t play a prank on me right, omma?” Baekhyun asked while glaring at his parents as he starts munching the pancakes.

His mother laughed at that. “of course not, Baekhyun ah. We can’t joke about this matter. By the way, omma will take you to spa today and we will do some shopping later.”

“OH MY GOD !!!! jinja?? Love you omma !!!!!” Baekhyun said excitedly as he run to his mother and give her a hug.

 

*********

 

It was 6pm in the evening. Baekhyun and his parents finally arrived at the place where he will meet his soon-to-be husband and his parents. It was a fancy restaurant. His mother have been reminded him to behave along the way to the restaurant. Baekhyun actually hate being in formal meeting where he need to sit and eat with proper etiquette. He just rolled his eyes at his mother nagging about dos and don’ts.

Baekhyun was wearing a dark blue suit with pink necktie. And of course, he put on his eyeliner, bb cream and a lip gloss making him look so gorgeous. When they entered the restaurant and moved towards the room reserved by Park couple, he can see from the corner of his eyes that all the male workers can’t take their eyes off him as he pass by. He smirked, loving the attention he gets. As they reached the room, a male worker opened the door for them. Baekhyun winked at him before step in to the room and he let out a small chuckle as he noticed the male worker blushing like a madman.

Inside the room, he saw three people already waiting for them. Two of them were smiling that he assumed as the Park couple while the other one sitting at the corner must be their son, his fiancé.

The Parks stood up as they greeted them. And finally Baekhyun locked eyes with Chanyeol for the first time. As their parents introduced them to each other, Baekhyun looked up as Chanyeol stared down at him with no expression on his face. “damn.. so tall” Baekhyun didn’t realized that he spoke out those words. He didn’t expect that Chanyeol was too tall.

“Baekhyun.. language!” His mother warned him.

Mrs. Park laughed at Baekhyun’s boldness “Gwenchana, Boram ah. Have a seat first”. Baekhyun sat next to his mother and opposite to Chanyeol.

“We’re really sorry to make you wait. There was traffic jam.” His father spoke.

“It’s okay. We’re just arrived too. “ Mr. Park replied with a smile.

“I see Baekhyun have grown up so much. Last time I saw him was in middle school? I can’t remember. But he is so beautiful right now. “ Mrs. Park said with awe.

“Thank you, auntie.” Baekhyun said as he smiled sweetly.

“awww.. Just call me mom, Baekhyun ah. You’re getting married to our son next week” Mrs. Park chuckled. Baekhyun’s face was red at the sudden request. His parents tried to suppressed their laugh. Baekhyun glared at them.

“Dear, stop teasing him.. You making him blush. “ Mr. Park said.

After that, the two parents have their talk. Baekhyun ate silently as he didn’t know what to say. All they talked about was business related things and of course he didn’t know anything about it. Sometimes, he only spoke when he was asked. He even heard Chanyeol talk. He was so surprised at how deep Chanyeol’s voice is.

At times, Baekhyun would steal a glance at Chanyeol for a while but suddenly Chanyeol stared back at him. Baekhyun was taken aback as he was caught staring. Then, Baekhyun grinned as he tried to cover up his mistake but he was so shocked at Chanyeol’s expression after that. Chanyeol smirked at him mockingly. ‘what the was that??? Baekhyun thought as he tried not to curse out loud.

“Chanyeol..Baekhyun.. “ Both of them turned their head as Mrs. Byun called out their names.

“We need to go somewhere for a moment. So, you guys stay here and try to get to know each other better.” Mrs. Byun added.

“Wait…” Baekhyun tried to protest but the two couples already went outside the room.

Baekhyun slumped back down on his chair. ‘Now what?’ Baekhyun muttered as he was so clueless right now. There’s a moment of silence and Baekhyun felt so restless at this awkward situation.

“So…Uhmm….” Baekhyun started but got interrupted by Chanyeol.

“Listen, kid.. I’m not wasting my time here to play with you. And bear in mind that I agreed to this marriage doesn’t mean that I like you. Don’t ever dream of that. “ Chanyeol said with cold face.

Baekhyun widen his eyes at the statement. “ huh??? What did you say?? Excuse me.. First, I’m not a kid.. I’ll be graduating soon..Two,you probably the one who fall for me later. I bet you’ll regret you ever said that, AHJUSSHI !!!!” Baekhyun emphasized the ahjusshi part as he felt so pissed right now. What the hell is wrong with this guy?

“Don’t think that I’m one of your crazy fanboys, kiddo. ” Chanyeol said with a smirk on his face.

Baekhyun was dumbfounded. ’how did you..? You stalked me?” Baekhyun can’t believe what he just heard.

“Don’t take it the wrong way. I just need to check whom I’m going to marry. Didn’t expect that my parents would choose a brat like you“

“YAH !!! You think I would agree if I knew I will marry an arrogant OLD MAN. I can find a better husband. There’s a lot of guys out there begging to be with me.” Baekhyun said proudly as he crossed his arms.

“Whatever you say. Now, let’s make it clear. Our parents shouldn’t know this. We will act like we’re In good terms in front of them.”

“And why would I listen to you, ahjusshi?” Baekhyun raised his eyebrow.

“We’ll make them believe this marriage is real and you’ll get what you wanted.” Chanyeol said.

Baekhyun thought about his eyeliner and his credit card. ‘No. I’m not going to lose my precious things. I just need to pretend and that’s easy peasy for me. My acting is great that I could win an award.’ Baekhyun said inside his head.

“Fine, then.” Baekhyun agreed.

After a while, their parents returned to the room.

“Did you guys have a good time?” Mrs. Park asked.

“Yes, mom. It was so nice talking to Baekhyunie. “ Chanyeol said as he held Baekhyun’s hand and smiled at him.

“Nae. Chanyeol even take care of me so well” Baekhyun responded and smiled back as he squeezed Chanyeol’s hand so hard. ‘Baekhyunie huh? He actually remembers my name. This ahjusshi is so bipolar. Where is that arrogant face just now?’, Baekhyun thought.

“Yes. Baekhyunie is a good boy.” Chanyeol said while he gritted his teeth as he trying to bear Baekhyun’s tight grip on his hands. Both of them smiled at their mothers.

“Awww.. look, Boram ah.. They even hold hands now. I think they start to like each other.” Mrs. Park squealed at Mrs. Byun.

“I’m so glad that they turned out fine” Mrs. Byun said smiling at her friend.

“Yeah. We can start preparing for the wedding next week” Mrs. Park replied cheerfully.

As their mothers were busy talking to each other, Chanyeol glared at him as Baekhyun stuck his tongue out when their mothers weren’t looking at them.

After that, both family bid each other goodbye as they went home.

 

**************

 

A/N

Hello everyone. It's been a while. Sorry to make you guys wait. So, how was chapter 2 so far? is it good?? I hope you guys enjoy the story and don't forget to comment nae..hehe.. Welcome new subscibers !!!!

Btw, can't wait for EXO repackage album !!!!!!!!!! I'm so thrill !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EXO never fail to amaze me.. ^3^

Don't forget to stream and vote for EXO !!!! We're giving them what they deserve...

Have a nice day everyone...XOXO

                                                                                                                                                        -acexiaolu-