Chapter 1: Decision

It's an ARRANGEMENT

 

“LOOK!!!!!! It’s Baby B !!!!!!” shouted one of the boys. They all looked at direction of the front gate of EXODUS High School and all the boys started whistling and fanboying. There, they can see a pretty boy with eyeliner on his eyes, smiling oh so gracefully at his fanboys as he walked elegantly like he own the whole school. Well, he sure does because his parents are one of the biggest shareholders of the school. Byun Baekhyun, name of the said boy, is the famous diva in his school. He has all the boys on his feet. Baby B was the nickname given by the fanboys. Everyone loves him except for the girls because they obviously envious of his pretty face. However, Baekhyun never care about the hatred he get from female students. Because all he need is the attention he get from his fanboys.

As Baekhyun walked pass by his fanboys while giving them winks and flying kisses, he spotted his bestfriends just about to enter the school building. “hey guys!!!! Wait for me!!!”. baekhyun jogged cutely towards them. And all the boys literally kyaaa-ing at his cuteness.

“The shool Diva is here, ”, Luhan nudged his two other friends, Kyungsoo and Yixing as they all directed their attention to Baekhyun as he almost reached them.

“Morning all.”, Baekhyun said with cheeky smile and suddenly got smacked on the head by Kyungsoo.

‘You lazy . Can you be a little bit early to school? You'll not be graduating with failing test and bad discipline like this”, Kyungsoo nagged as Luhan laugh out loud and Yixing let out a chuckle.

“You know that I hate waking up early, Soo. And also I hate school too. I just come for my fanboys because I don’t want to disappoint them and my parents literally force me. You should be glad that at least I come to school.” Baekhyun said proudly.

“ yeah right..you only come to play with your fanboys”, Kyungsoo remark sarcastically.

“duhhh.. They are the one who drooling over me.”, Baekhyun said as he flipped his invisible long hair to the side.

“tskk..so full of yourself.. I don’t know why I’m stuck with you.”

“but I know you love me Soo”. Baekhyun replied while grinning and Kyungsoo just rolled his eyes.

“alright! Enough both of you. We need to hurry to class or else. Kaja !!”.Luhan interrupted as they heard the bell rang. They all start running to their own class when suddenly Luhan stopped his running.

“Wait! Where is xing?” luhan asked when he noticed Yixing was nowhere to be found. The other two just shrugged their shoulders.

“I’ll go and get him. I think he space out again. Meet you guys at lunch”. Luhan said as he marched towards the front door. As expected, Yixing was still there, standing at the front door and spacing out.

“hey Xing..” Luhan patted Yixing’s shoulder a little.

“ Huh?? Huh?” Yixing snapped out of his thought and looked to left and right.

“aigoo.You need to be aware of your surrounding, Xing. You probably standing here all day if I don't come to get you. The bell rang. Now, let’s go to our class”.

"Sorry Lu..my bad.." Yixing let out a small chuckle as he realized his mistake.

So, both of them went to their class. Baekhyun and Kyungsoo were classmates meanwhile Luhan and Yixing were in different class.

Baekhyun live at the same neighbour as Luhan and they’ve been best friend since they were young. Baekhyun has known Kyungsoo in middle school and they have been friend since then. Meanwhile, Yixing is Luhan’s cousin and best friend and he eventually being part of Baekhyun’s circle of friend as Luhan always dragged him along to seat at their usual table during lunch time or when they hang out.

These four best friends are popular in school because of their cute and pretty face. But Baekhyun is the only one who always in the centre of attention because of his sassiness. Kyungsoo didn’t like the attention he gets as he just want to study peacefully without any distraction. He ended up giving a death glare at whoever wants to flirt with him. Luhan on the other hand, was a cheerful boy always smiling at students who adores him. But he was already taken. Yixing was the mysterious one. No one knows what’s on his mind as he often shows his mong (blank) face whenever people want to talk to him.

 

 

Later that evening, in a five star hotel somewhere in the middle of Seoul city, Mr. Byun and his wife was having a reunion party with their college friends. Mr. Byun was a successful businessman and his wife often helps him in the office. Their company was now managed by their eldest son, Baekbeom because their second son was still in high school.

“hello Jihun. How are you?” Mr. Byun was greeted by his longtime friend, Mr. Park and his wife. Mr. Byun smiled and hugged his friend.

“I’m fine, Yoomin. I thought you won’t be able to come here. You guys always so busy traveling around the world. I think last time I saw two of you like few years ago.”

“hahaha.. well.. We got a lot of free time now, right dear?”, Mr. Park looked at his wife, Soojung while grinning as his wife smiled back at him.

“How are you guys doing now?”, Soojung asked his friend, Byun Boram.

“As usual, Soojung ah. We’ve been busy with the company luckily we have Baekbeom now managing the company.”

“What about your second son? What was his name again?”

“it’s Baekhyun but he was still in high school. He will be graduating this year.”

“That’s great then. He can work there too after graduation, right.”

“The thing is…”, Mrs. Byun hesitated for a moment. “I don’t think he can handle the work at the company.”

“it’s okay, Boram ah. He’s still learning. It may take time.”

“I actually doubt that. He barely passes his test in school. All he was doing was play around and flirting with his fanboys at school. I think it’s partially our fault. We spoil him too much since he was young and let him do whatever he likes. He can’t even take care of himself. You guys are lucky to have a brilliant son like Chanyeol. He is very successful now. We can all see his face appear everywhere in TV or newspaper.”, Mrs. Byun said as she sighed.

“Omo.. Don’t blame yourself, Boram ah. It’s our duty as parents to give them the best. Well you see, our son, Chanyeol may look like a perfect son but all the works in the company makes him a workaholic now. We hardly see him rest or have a vacation. I don’t think that he have a girlfriend. He’ll avoid all kinds of scandal or affair because he thought that it’s just wasting his time. We even try to set up a blind date for him but he refuses. He’s almost 30 years old. We really hope that he would loosen up a bit. It’s the perfect time to start a family.”

After that, there was a silence between the two couple as they were in deep thought.

Suddenly, Mrs. Byun spoke, “Soojung ah.. Yoomin ah.. I just thought about something and I want to suggest this idea to both of you.”, Mrs. Byun’s face brightened up as she thought about the idea.

“What is it?”, Park couple said in unison. Mr. Byun also felt eager to know about his wife’s idea.

“Let’s marry them off.. Chanyeol and Baekhyun.”

“WHAT??” the other three almost shouted at the unexpected suggestion.

“But both of them are guys. How would they react? Will they agree?”,Mr. Park asked

“Calm down first.. It’s not a common thing about marriage between guys. But it’s nothing new either. About them agreeing to this or not, we’ll have to find a way to make them comply.”

“Umm.. I think it’s a good idea too. Since we want our son to start a family.”, Mrs. Park agreed.

“That’s right Soojung ah. I think that Baekhyun will change for a better since he has a responsibility as a wife. Also, we wouldn’t want him to marry someone we don’t know. Don’t you think so, jagi?” Mrs. Byun asked his husband while smiling. He thought for a few moment before nodded his head.

“And when Baekhyun was born, the doctor said that Baekhyun has female hormone. He can actually get pregnant although it’s not that easy unlike female but still he has the ability. So, you don’t have to worry about not getting a grandchild.”,Mrs. Byun added and let out a teasing chuckle to Park couple.

“Yah Byun Boram! We’re not too desperate to have a grandchild. We just want Chanyeol to settle down a bit.”, Mrs. Park yelled and then laughed at her friend’s playfulness.

“How will we make them agree to this marriage?” Mr. Park asked again.

“I already thought of something actually.” Mrs. Byun smirked at her friend, Soojung.

“I think I know what to do with Chanyeol too.”, Mrs. Park answered with meaningful smile to her friend. The two husbands just looked at each other questioningly as they both shrugged. Women are scary sometimes. Who knows what kind of crazy things they would do.

 

************

 

It was past dinner time when the Byun couple finally arrived at their mansion. They have a small discussion during their journey home and decided that they need to tell Baekhyun as soon as possible about the marriage and tonight was the perfect time.

Mr. Byun and his wife climbed up to the second floor and headed to the end of the hallway where Baekhyun’s room was located. Mrs. Byun knocked on the door twice. “Baekhyun ah, are you asleep? Omma and appa have something to talk to you”

“Not yet omma. Come in..”, Baekhyun replied.

Mrs. Byun hesitated for a while as she looked at her husband and he gave a convincing smile and nodded. Then they enter the room.

Baekhyun was giggling as he lying on his bed while playing with his phone.

“What do you want to talk about, omma?” Baekhyun asked as he finally sat up.

“Well.. We met our longtime friends at the party just now and they told us that their son is still single.”, Mrs. Byun decided not to beat around the bush.

“And.. what does it have to do with me?”, Baekhyun asked confusedly as he raised his eyebrows.

“We thought about marrying you off to their son.”, Mrs. Byun continued as she put on a serious face this time.

“WHAT?? Are you kidding?” Baekhyun was so surprised as he almost fell off the bed.

“No, Baekhyun ah. We’re totally serious about this and the Parks already agreed.”, this time his father spoke up.

“But…but… I’m still a student.. and..marrying a guy.. I’m a guy too.”

“We know that you’re flirting with your fanboys at school, son. What’s the difference? It’s not that you can attract a girl either.” His mother said teasingly. Being one of the shareholders of his school, Baekhyun already knew his parents always spying on him with the help of the principal.

“Omma !!!!!” Baekhyun whined. “I was just play around with them. Marriage is different thing.”

“That’s exactly the reason. You have to change your attitude. Besides, with this dumb head of yours, we doubt that you can make it alone in the future. You can’t even take care of yourself. Who knows that you might end up on the street someday.” his mother added.

“Baekbeom hyung can take care of me”, Baekhyun fought back.

“He already has a family, Baekhyun ah. We’re getting old. So, you need someone to take care of you too.”,Mr. Byun said.

“What..What if I refuse to marry him?”

“We will cut your allowance and take back your credit card.”

Baekhyun’s jaw dropped as he heard what his parents just said. No allowance and no credit card? That's a nightmare for him. It means that he wouldn’t be able to buy his eyeliner, his skin care, his clothes and his regular spa treatment. He would definitely look ugly without them. His face is his number one asset. And the thought of getting a part time job was another nightmare. He hates working when he need to stand for long hours and sweating because of enormous amount of work load. He’ll surely smell bad after that. Ughhh.. It’s exactly a no-no to him.

Mrs. Byun smirked as she saw the look on her son’s face. She knows Baekhyun’s weakness.

“So, what do you say, son?” his father asked.

“Fine…. It's not that I have a choice either.”, after so much thought going on his mind, finally Baekhyun gave in.

“yeayyyyyyyy..”, his mother jumped in to her husband’s arms as she looked so happy.

“Alright, Baekhyun ah.. Tomorrow we’ll meet the Parks and your wedding will be held next week.”,his mother said excitedly.

“WHATTTT?????????????” This time, Baekhyun fell off the bed as he felt like he was having a heart attack from the sudden news.

 

                       **************

 

 

 

A/N:

First chapter is out finally. Sorry if there any grammar or spelling error.

By the way, don’t forget to leave comment. I really like to know your opinion since it’s my first fic. Hehehe.. and thank you so much for subscribing.. it means a lot to me… XOXO

                                                                                                                                                                            -acexiaolu-