Third

Keep Coming Back To You

Byul's sweat ran down the side of her cheek and she carefully wiped it to avoid any smudge. Crap. She thought. It's already 5:47 PM and she's going to meet Soojung at 6:00PM but they're nowhere near done performing. She looked at the three of them belting hight notes, it's times like these when she just listens to the other three sing that thoughts occupy her mind.

She felt Hyejin's eyes on her. Byul looked at her and showed her her hamster smile. It's fine. She mouths to Hyejin. Such a sweetheart. Byul thinks. She knows she's late for another work and she's sorry she can't help her. Why would she be sorry, it's not her fault though. Byul chuckles.

Fifteen minutes later, they finished performing and Byul and her manager hurried to the dressing room. "We should just head to the van, Byul." 

"Do you want me to go there in a skirt? In a freaking skirt!" She's not mad. She's just... Distressed. She's supposed to meet Krystal at six and the time now is past six. And she'll have to go to the venue which is more than 30 minutes far.

It's either she gets strangled by the producer or she gets strangled by Krystal. Well, she'd rather the latter, a nice way to die, in the hands of whom she admires.

"Why not? You're a girl." Byul snickers and opens the door to Mamamoo's dressing room. When they finished performing, she ran, leaving the other three dumbfounded. She can't help it, if she's any later than she is now, she might face the wrath of the infamous ice princess. Though she'd love to witness it personally someday, she'd rather not have it today, on their first meeting. 

"I can't believe you just said that." Byul grinned as she hurried into her new set of clothes. She might have been nervous to the point of being unable to function, but she prepared so much for this day. She bought a greyish polo shirt that costs God knows how much, plus a new denim jacket to go with her black jeans and red sneakers.

After she finished dressing up, she looked at herself in the mirror and smirked. She knew she rocked this style and she's ready to meet the princess. "In case you didn't notice, you're sweating from performing. You looked too busy admiring yourself." A voice behind her said. Yongsun.

Wheein chuckled as she wiped her sweat. "Yeah. You look handsome, sure, but you're still sweating."

She looked behind her to find Wheein checking her out while teasing her, Hyejin not having any care and just drinking water, and Yongsun sitting on the opposite chair from where she was standing looking at her intensely. "I agree, Byul-ah. You should get some retouch." Her stylist unnie said.

She looked at her and sighed. "No time, unnie. Can't you do it in the car?"

Her unnie shrugged. "I can, I guess." 

"A'ight. We should go now, we are very late." Byul grinned, emphasizing on the very word.

She jogged towards Yongsun and patted her hair. "I'll go, now."

Thirty minutes later, Byul found herself still seated in the car stuck in traffic. Now, there is no denying that she'll get strangled by either the producer or Soojung herself. Or maybe both of them. She can't blame them, it's past 50 minutes since the meeting time. If Byul was on their side, she'd be mad by now. Byul chuckled, good thing she's not. 

The producer has called six times now and is calling again for the seventh time making her unnie growl in annoyance, she has been growling like a freaking lioness the whole ride and Byul should be peeing in her pants from nervousness but she's too amused with her unnie to feel anything else. "Stop smiling, Moon Byul Yi. You've been freaking out a lot earlier and now is no time to be chuckling. Why don't you answer the damned phone for me, please?"

Byul burst out in laughter. "Unnie, no! Do you want me to die from a heart attack?" Her unnie didn't answer and just glared at her as she grudgingly answered the phone call. 

Byul fell silent as her unnie answered the call. "Yes, sir. We are on our way."

Yep, we've been on our way since the last thirty minutes. Byul thought to herself. "No! We'll be there in a heart beat! We're close, sir. Don't worry."

Byul smiled, amused. Such a sweet talker her unnie is. I do hope we'll be there in a heart beat. She thought.

Just like her unnie said, they arrived in a heart beat, though that heart beat took a little less than ten minutes. The car stopped in front of large building, or maybe a medium sized two story house. It looked too homey to be called a building.

        Moon Byul Yi   X   Jung Soo Jung
                      House Of Music

Letters​ carved out from wood hung elegantly from the house. It really is a house, I guess. Byul thought.

A man came out from the house and Byul recognized him as the producer who briefed her yesterday for today's filming. The producers held a briefing yesterday and she thought she'd meet Krystal but they said it's better if they'll meet tomorrow, which is today, to make their first meeting more honest.

"Where were you? Krystal has been waiting for an hour! I didn't expect such unprofessionalism coming from you lot!" The producer said as he lead them inside the house. Byul and her manager unnie both bowed as an act of apology.

"I'm sorry, sir. We had trou---" Their conversation got cut out in Byul's head as her mind wouldn't process anything and her nervousness came back to take over her whole system. Crap. She cursed. She really was going to meet Krystal. And she made her wait. She didn't know how she got so amused earlier she forgot about how utterly embarrassing this is. It's fine if they were just filming today. But she's late. She made Jung freaking Soojung wait for more than an hour. More than an hour. Great, Byul, just great. 

She snapped out of her thoughts when she felt her unnie hit her stomach with her elbow. "Byul? Are you listening?"

Byul scratched her nape. "Sorry, sir. I was busy admiring the house. What was it again?"

"I said, Krystal is upstairs, you should go meet her. We will be filming you, so don't get too wary of the cameras." The producer smiled and motioned the way to the stairs.

"I see, should I run?" Before Byul could stop herself, it came out of . She has been thinking about running to Krystal the moment she stepped foot on the house because any minute spent talking here makes her a minute later than she already is.

The producer laughed. "If you value your life, then I guess you should."

Byul started running towards the stairs, she already set foot on the first flight and the cameramen followed but she came back down and looked at her manager unnie and the producer. "I might get lost." She said shyly.

"You'll find your way just fine." The producer said and her unnie gave her a thumbs up.

She run up the stairs as the cameramen followed her. Her footsteps, fast yet light. Clearly not wanting to wake up a sleeping dragon, if there is any. She reached the second floor and in the silence of the place, she heard a sound coming out of the room adjacent to her. No, not just​ a sound, it was someone playing ​the piano. Jung Soojung.

She slowly went towards the room, every step she takes the music becomes louder, becomes more beautiful. She took a deep breath and grabbed the door knob. The cameras filming her, but she had long forgotten about them.

She slowly opened the door and let herself in. The door never making a sound to announce her entrance and Byul never bothers to disturb the girl playing the piano.

Moon Byul Yi just stood there, watching as Soojung's fingers danced around the keys, eyes closed, and body slightly swaying to the melody.

It was a beautiful sight. So beautiful her heart just dropped without her knowing it.