Chapter 2

Ideal Type

 

 

Not long after debut, there had been a reporter whom seemed hell bent on exposing any source of discord among the members of Got7.

 

Youngjae remembers the reporter’s face as he found minor topics that would cause the boys to shift in discomfort and then would drill deep into the insecurities of the rookie group. 

 

Eventually the managers stepped in and asked for the reporter to conclude the interview. 

 

He remembers the reporter asking each boy about traits that they covet from their fellow members. At the time Youngjae had only been able to blurt out that he would like to have their leader’s charisma. 

 

Now, years later, the trait that he wishes he possessed is Mark’s ability to remain calm. 

 

Many people think that Mark is simply shy, when in fact he just doesn’t have a need to take lead of most conversations. When Mark has something to say, he expresses himself calmly and simply. At the moment Youngjae wishes that he had an ounce of that self control to save him from the anxiety fueled cracking of his voice. 

 

FeFe was behind a change screen, preparing to return to the seating area where the rest of the groups currently were. This didn’t stop Jackson from leaning against the screen and gushing over her performance and loudly exclaiming that he had brought Youngjae along with him so they could officially meet one another. 

 

Mark introduced Youngjae to FeFe’s members before taking a seat on the couch. 

 

Youngjae quickly squeaked out hello to FeFe other group members Cayson, Freddy, Haiden, and Rey.  Cayson, he learned, is the group leader and eldest member born in ’89. Cayson towered over everyone else in the room, standing well over 6ft but he has a kind face and seems to have a soft spot for Youngjae. 

 

Cayson wrapped an arm around the panicked boy’s shoulder. 

 

“Nice to finally meet you! Don’t worry, we’re not that scary underneath all the eyeshadow. Our maknae is a huge fan of you and your group, so we’ve heard a lot about you.”

 

Youngjae felt his shoulder relax at the chuckles that spread through the room at the expense of the group’s maknae. From behind the changing curtain FeFe calmly responded. 

 

“Oppa, aren’t you a little old to still be pulling pigtails. Don’t be jealous.”

 

FeFe’s voice is smooth, deep and dark but Youngjae could practically hear the smirk in her tone. 

 

Another member whom was sitting in the make up chair, possibly Rey if he remembers correctly laughed loudly and whipped his head around to look at his leader. 

 

“Hyung wouldn’t dare pull your pigtails, right hyung?! Remember when we were kids and she punched that chubby boy out for trying to give her a flower?!”

 

FeFe stomped a healed foot still concealed behind the changing curtain.

 

“I was 8 and he was trying to give me a daisy! I’m allergic to daisies.”

 

Youngjae filed that bit of information for further use. He heard the tussle of the changing curtain finally being moved and FeFe stepped out into the room, Jackson right by her side. 

 

“Noona, you look amazing!”

 

Younjae’s eyes snapped to Jackson and  FeFe before quickly shifting to the ground.

 

FeFe’s dress was basically an intricate crisscrossing of leather belts with a colored sheer lining. For a moment Youngjae panicked and honestly thought he had seen patches of flesh between the crisscross straps of the dress.

 

Freddy gave a low whistle from his spot on the couch where he was picking at his bass. 

 

“Trying to get arrested for indecent exposure, Princess?”

 

Cayson nodded and looked at FeFe’s stylist.

 

“Please tell me there is more fabric!  She’s practically !”

 

FeFe sighed and rolled her eyes “I’m not byuntae.” 

 

Her stylist laughed and moved to the rack of clothes where a long black leather duster was hanging.

 

“There are just a few things that we need to touch up on her duster and she is ready.”

 

FeFe shook her head and made her way over to Youngjae. With her heels on she stood a full over Youngjae, he felt the blood flood his cheeks and tips of his ears.

 

Beautiful. 

 

FeFe smiled and gave a quick bow while introducing herself.

 

“Hello, Youngjae-shii. My name is Fenix but everyone calls me FeFe.”

 

Youngjae had just managed to introduce himself before Jackson interrupted.

 

“Noona! Why are you so formal with Youngjae?! You never used honorifics with me!”

 

FeFe barely glanced at Jackson before replying.

 

“Loyalty is won best with mutual respect. If I plan to keep Youngjae, shouldn’t I win his loyalty first and then once he is mine he can choose whether or not to drop the formalities.”

 

Youngjae stood rooted as FeFe locked eyes with him.

 

“Don’t you want to be mine, Youngjae-shii?”

 

FeFe reached out and gently held Youngjae’s face between her forefinger and thumb.

 

Cayson cleared his throat and moved over to the pair.

 

“That’s enough Princess. Don’t scare him off on the first meeting.”

 

FeFe pouted and stepped back slowly. 

 

“He’s not scared. Jackson asked me a question and I answered it honestly.”

 

“You’re coming on too strong kid. He just met you, maybe you should wait a while before publicly marking him as ‘yours’.”

 

Rey stood and pointed over to the stylist who was gesturing for FeFe to come over.

 

FeFe moved over to her stylist and put on her now finished duster. 

 

“He’s not a possession, I know that. I meant that I like him and I want him to stay with me so I have to win him over. Right Youngjae-shii.”

 

Youngjae felt a new rush of blood fill his checks.

 

“Noona… if you want… you may drop the formalities with me as well.”

 

FeFe turned to Cayson and smiled.

 

“See! Mine, now.”

 

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

 

After the awards were over, life returned to normal…with one tiny difference.

 

After The Hereafter were dressed and returned to the idol seating they were actually at the table next to Got7. The members of both teams made it a point to make sure that Youngjae and FeFe were next to one another. 

 

For the rest of the show FeFe and Youngjae leaned close and spoke about mutual interest. 

 

Surprisingly they both like Indie music and were fans of many the same groups. FeFe was surprisingly innocent and would stumble over the translation of words. 

 

Youngjae learned that she is half Korean and learned Korean as a second language. When FeFe was unable to find the word in Korean she often would switch to English. Luckily with nearly half of his group speaking English, Youngjae had been able to keep up. 

 

The two ended up swapping numbers and were frequently texting one another. 

 

The fans seemed to have caught wind of the new friendship and were surprising supportive for the most part. The new couple was all over the fan pages.

 

Youngjae sat now in the dorm after practice sweating and anxious. He had typed his message but couldn’t find the courage to send it. 

 

FeFe-Noona was amazing. She was sweet and fierce at the same time. Innocent and borderline indecent. She and her group had finally returned to Korea after a three month mini Asia tour. After the many nights of whispered conversations and face-time calls to show the newest city she was in, Youngjae desperately wanted to meet with his Noona again. 

 

The message was simple.

 

‘Noona, I have a free day tomorrow. Are you free?’

 

But he just couldn’t hit send. They had spoken about everything lately and he knows that if she is free she would be more than willing to meet with him for the day.

 

“Hyung! What are you doing?!”

 

Jumping up from the couch and nearly throwing his phone across the room, Youngjae spun to see Yugyeom smiling and chewing on an apple. 

 

“NOTHING! Erm..Nothing. Why are you sneaking up on me like that brat?!”

 

Yugyeom hummed and flashed Youngjae’s abandoned phone. 

 

“If it’s nothing, then let me help you hyung.”

 

Still frozen from his earlier fright Youngjae stood shocked as Yugyeom pressed send.

 

“Yugyeom-ah! Do you know what you just did?! How could you-“

 

Youngjae was cut off mid rant by his phone chirping.

 

~Sure! Come by the dorm tomorrow and we’ll go out.~

 

Yugyeom read the text and tossed the phone back to the owner.

 

“See hyung I helped. Have fun tomorrow.”

 

Youngjae read the text again before collapsing on the couch.

 

“Why didn’t I wait until tomorrow? I’ll never get to sleep now.”

 

 

 

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

 

That's it for this chapter! Sooo how is it? Is it boring? Do you like FeFe??  Is it too much??

 

Here is the link to her dress and duster just in case you missed the link in the story

 

https://www.pinterest.com/