Chapter 1

Ideal Type

Youngjae couldn’t remember if he ever really had a clear picture of his “ideal type.” 

 

During an interview he vaguely described his ideal partner as someone that he is naturally attracted to but even he didn’t know what that really meant.

 

He finds himself glancing past thin, big eyed, ageyo filled girl group members. They are beautiful, he can honestly say that, but he just never found them to be attractive enough for him to pursue. 

 

He had confided in JB about his issue and his leader listened to his concern and offered a consoling pat on the shoulder. 

 

“You’re young Youngjae. You’ll find someone that you can’t stop thinking about and crave to spend every moment you can with. Wether that person is another idol or not shouldn’t matter. When you know, you just know.”

 

He had been stunned by his leader’s clear devotion to an almost love at first sight approach to love. 

 

“Alright Hyung.”

 

He had given up on searching for an ideal girlfriend. None had grabbed his attention…

 

…Until the MAMA awards.

 

Youngjae quietly sat with the other members at their table, trying to translate the MC’s rushed english intro of the next performer. He caught the group’s name but everything else passed in a  blur of accented English and the roar of the crowd. He leaned over to the nearest member, Mark. 

 

“Hyung, what did they say?”

 

Mark looked excited. His face flushed and eyes darting around the stage as the lights lowered. 

 

“It’s ‘The Hereafter.’ They are from Texas and are slowly moving into the Korean Market. I’m surprised to see them playing here of all places, they haven’t even released a Korean album yet.”

 

Youngjae was going to question Mark further when movement out of the corner of his eye caught his attention. 

 

A woman had been sitting among a group next to their table, when intense drums and guitars began she stood tall and Youngjae actually felt his world shift. 

 

She was taller than most female idols, and had long wild curls that flowed down her back. Her stage costume was basically leather lace up shorts and a cropped tank top that revealed flashes of surprisingly toned abs. 

 

He watched enthralled as she screeched and growled along to the beat of her band members instruments. 

 

He felt his breath catch when her hazel gaze caught his and she smirk. 

 

He snapped back to attention when he felt a pinch to his side. Mark sat smirking with his other members giggling behind him. 

 

“Are you ok, Youngjae?”

 

His eyes went back to the stage where the swaying woman had made her way front and center her four band members spread behind her and he barely spared the members a glance. 

 

“Who?”

 

Mark chuckled and Jackson leaned over his shoulder “Have you never seen The Hereafter before Youngjae? FeFe Noona is amazing!”

 

Youngjae quickly glanced back to the stage as the final notes of the song flowed through the speakers. FeFe stood proud as she moved to the exit the stage. Youngjae could only shake his head as he watched FeFe remove her in-ear and finally disappear from the stage. 

 

“Noona? How old is she? Who is she? You know her hyung?”

 

Jackson laughed and moved to sit on Youngjae’s other side. “FeFe Noona was on a show with me a few months ago. She’s really nice but she can be intense. She’s the lead singer of The Hereafter and the groups maknae, she was born in ’92.”

 

Youngjae had to pause when Jackson told him FeFe’s age. At 25 she could have some reservations about dating someone younger.

 

Date?! I haven’t even spoken to her and I’m already thinking of dating her!

 

Jackson stood and pulled his sleeve. “Come on Youngjae, lets go greet Noona.”

 

He wanted to protest but Jackson and his newly developed muscles were not taking no for an answer. He swallowed thickly as he passed through the back stage curtains and made his way back to the dressing rooms. He nearly jumped out of his skin when he felt a pat to his back. 

 

Mark laughed out loud and leaned in close.

 

“Breath Younjae. Noona is sweet, she’s firm with Jackson because you know how he can get around people. He tends to forget about possible cameras and fans. He’s a skinship monster. Noona has asked to meet you before, so you will be fine.”

 

Youngjae looked back at his eldest hyung and felt a bit calmer until his words actually filtered through his panicked thoughts. 

 

“Why would she want to meet me?!”

 

Mark laughed and waited for Jackson to knock and push the dressing room door open before whispering in his ear.

 

“She said that you're her ideal type.”