Goodbye, I love you

I didn't get to say goodbye

Please read the a/n's at the end :)

thank you to all of you who subscribed before I posted~

It's been a year since I joined this website! Thank you to everyone who's been so nice to me~

new a/n (17th)- thank you to everyone who subscribed and shoutout to wonwoo_luck for UPVOTING this oneshot! I didn't think it was that good but thank you so much! <3

______________________________________


[No one P.O.V]

The darkness seems to be getting closer.

"Junnie come on, we have to go!", Wonwoo yells at Jun frantically pulling at the hem of his left sleeve.
However Jun doesn't seem to be making an effort to move, he stands frozen looking into blackness ahead of them, mesmerised .
"Wonwoo, I can't..", Jun pauses then starts in a calm voice. "I can't leave this place, I belong here".

"Junnie, it isn't safe. You can't stay here!", Wonwoo continues to protest. Sounding desperate at the moment in time as he only sees the wall of darkness is get closer and more endless every passing second.

"Wonu, I have to stay here, They need me", Jun tells Wonwoo as he starts to walk closer to the endless darkness in front of them.

"But Junnie, I need you more!", Wonwoo is now pleading Jun as he runs up to him and engulfs him in a back hug. "You can't leave me"

"Wonu, I love you with all my heart and I should've told you this sooner, actually no. Maybe I shouldn't have told you I love you at all. Then we wouldn't be in this situation. If you truly love me... You'd let me go", Jun stated as he turned around to look at Wonwoo, both have tears filling their eyes. "This isn't going to work for much longer Wonu baby. I'm leaving you now".

"No! Junnie you can't leave me, I love you! I don't want to let you go", Wonwoo whispers and grabs Jun's top more tightly, tears streaming down his face looking helplessly at his boyfriend soon-to-be ex.

"Wonu please stop, as I said it's not going to work, I've made up my mind. I'm leaving now so let me go", Jun flatly but a bit more harshly says as he manages to break out of Wonwoo's embrace and continues to walk into the dangerously black wall that is creeping closer to them. 

"You can't leave, come back!", Wonwoo shouts trying to run after Jun but he doesn't seem to be moving anywhere closer to Jun however Jun seems to be moving further away. Further out of Wonwoo's reach.

As soon as he watches Jun enter the darkness, there is a bright flash of an orange blaze. Later followed by a blinding white flash.

"JUNNIE, NO!!", Wonwoo screams.

 

He opens his eyes and abruptly sits up. A bead of sweat running down his forehead. Heavily panting. A cold wetness staining his cheeks. He's crying.

He looks around him. He's in their shared bedroom...Well, was their shared bedroom.

It was a sunny day, the sun shone though the gaps between his closed blinds, illuminating the room in streaks of light. The light made the light blue walls look even paler and he could feel the heat on his face. 

He looks over to the nightstand on the left side of the bed, closest to the wall, to look at the digital clock and the bright white numbers flashed '08:17'. He looks over to his calendar that was hung up above the clock and looked at the date ' Saturday 10th June 2020'. He's still panting heavily as he turns over to his right to look at the other half of his double bed to see no one there. 

Of course he isn't there. He left him 3 years ago.

He wanted nothing more than for his ex boyfriend to hold him in a warm embrace and tell him that he was only having a bad dream and that everything will be okay and will go back to normal. However Wonwoo knows everything isn't okay and he knows things will never go back to normal, to how they were before.

[*쿵 쿵 다시 한번 쿵 쿵* (a/n- sorry I love that song, for those who don't know 쿵 is knock XD~knock knock by twice)]

*knock knock*

"Can I come in Hyung? I heard you screaming", came a voice from behind his bedroom door.

"Oh um yeah sure Dino. You can come in"

Wonwoo watched as his younger brother Dino walks though the door and towards his bed. "I made you a green tea drink to help you relax hyung".

"Ah thank you, sorry if I woke you up by screaming", Wonwoo replied sheepishly.

"It's okay hyung, I was already awake but I got worried when I heard you scream. Are you okay?", Dino looks at his older brother worryingly.

"Hmm yeah I'm okay, it was just a bad dream", Wonwoo hummed.

"The same one?", Dino inquired cautiously. He knew Wonwoo kept having this reoccurring dream and he felt bad for him because there was nothing he could do to help.

Wonwoo took a big breath then released a heavy sighed, "yeah".

"I'm sorry hyung, I know how hard it is for you to move on from him after he left you", Dino spoke quietly as he put the drink he made for Wonwoo on the nightstand, he knows talking about his ex boyfriend really upsets him. 

"It's okay Dino, you don't need to be sorry as you didn't do anything. It's my fault for letting him go so easily" 

"Hyung", Dino began to speak up. "We need to get ready, remember we're going to Cheol hyung's house later". Wonwoo widens his eyes as he looks back at the calendar and realises he missed the very day that was circled in blue pen with the note in the box 'Cheol's house gathering'.

"Oh yeah, let me get ready then I'll be downstairs with you in a bit", Wonwoo smiled as he started to sit at the end of the bed to make his way to the bathroom. "Okay hyung, I'll be waiting downstairs for you", Dino said as he walked back out the room to make his way downstairs again, smiling to himself after receiving a buzz on his phone.
Wonwoo drinks the content of the drink Dino made and makes his way to the bathroom, sorts out his hair in the cabinet mirror above the sink and gets ready and makes his way towards the kitchen to eat the piece of toast Dino made for him.

"Dino", Wonwoo calls out to his brother who is putting his coat on.

"Yes hyung?", Dino answers whilst now putting his shoes on by the front door.

"I need to get something first before we go over so would it be okay if you got a lift with someone else?", Wonwoo asked Dino, feeling bad that he's making his brother re arrange transport.

"Oh.. It's okay hyung I was kinda already going to go with someone else". Dino replied, a slight blush grazing his cheeks.

"Ooh, come on then, why are you blushing? Tell you big bro everything", Wonwoo said as he wiggled his eyebrows at Dino and then winked.

"Hyung, Stop embarrassing me, and there's nothing to tell you", Dino chuckled. "He's coming to pick me up-" 

Dino's sentence was cut off short when they heard the door bell ring.
"I'll get it", Dino shouted to Wonwoo who had now come out the kitchen as he finished his toast.

*click*

Dino opened the door to reveal the person waiting to pick him up.

"Why are you blushing so much Dino", Wonwoo called out then latter laughed at Dino's flushed face as he made his way over to him. 

"Hoshi?", Wonwoo said surprised as he didn't expect him to be at the door. 

"Wonwoo man, how are you?", The said man at the door asked and held out his fist for a fist bump. 

"I'm okay thanks and I'm assuming you're taking Dino to Seungcheol hyung's house?", Wonwoo replied reciprocating Hoshi's action .

"Yep! Is it okay to take him? He text me earlier asking if I could take him down", Hoshi questioned even though they had already confirmed it.
"Yeah sure, look after him though", Wonwoo told him.

Wonwoo smiled as he saw Dino make his way out the house hand in hand with Hoshi, both had bright smiles on their faces. 

"Bye hyung, see you later", Dino called back to his hyung and smiled.

"See you later", His brother said.

He watched Dino and Hoshi get into Hoshi's car and waited for them to drive off before he started to get ready to leave the house. 

Wonwoo locked the door to the house and made his way over to his car and started to drive into town and parked it outside the shop the has been waiting to go to all day.

 

*ding dong*

The doorbell rings as Wonwoo pushed the door open to enter the shop.

"Wonu hyung you're backkkkk~" he heard none other than Boo Seungkwan state in a sing song sort of voice.

"How may I help you today hyung?", Seungkwan asked as he walked next to Wonwoo, watching as Wonwoo looked around the shop at all the different types of flowers in bouquets  dotted around the shop. (Yes, Seungkwan works in a flower shop)

"Could I have the usual bouquet please?", Wonwoo inquired.

"Sure, I had a feeling you'd ask for them so I had a bouquet prepared just for you around the back". With that Seungkwan disappeared to behind the counter and into the staff room while singing some song about flowers and twirling around until Wonwoo couldn't see him anymore. He continued to look around when he saw a familiar face walk through the door after hearing the door bell ring again. 

"Vernon?", Wonwoo questioned more talking to himself than calling the boy who walked into the door whilst tilting his head to his right side slightly. 
Someone seemed to have supersonic hearing *cough cough Seungkwan* and rushed out from behind the counter with a bouquet of red roses in his hand. "VERNONIEEEEEE", he heard Seungkwan scream as he ran over to Vernon and practically jumped into his arms as he swung his arms around his neck, still holding the flowers.

"Hello beautiful", he whispered into Seungkwan's ear and gave him a kiss on the cheek. He then looked up at Wonwoo. "Hey man, didn't expect to see you here", Vernon greeted.
"Same goes", Wonwoo said. "I came to pick up Seungkwannie because his  shift ends in half an hour", Vernon told Wonwoo.

"Are you going to Cheol's later too?", Seungkwan asked as he detached himself from Vernon to give him the flowers. Wonwoo giving him a quick "thank you " then answered. "Yes I am but I need to go somewhere first", Wonwoo told them. "Oh okay, see you later then", the couple said in unison while they saw Wonwoo wave and walk out the shop. 


Wonwoo got back into the car and but the bouquet of roses in the passenger seat. He buckled himself up and started to drive towards the place he's been putting of going to because it brings back too many memories but he has to over come this fear and he knows that, so that's the reason he's going there today.

When he arrives at the destination, he parks his car on the side of the road and takes a deep breath and closes his eyes, "you can do this Wonwoo" he keeps telling himself. 

He crosses the road and walks towards the gate, pushing it open slowly as it's quite heavy. He walks past the tall brick walls on either side of him, takes a look at his surroundings and notices the healthy green trees, colourful flowers growing on the ground, it was a sunny day so the sun shone through the leaves of the trees making the area look magical, like he's just stepped into a magical fairy forest (a/n-after all he isn't called the garden fairy for nothing lol) 
However as he progresses further along the stoned path, he makes it to the place he's ready to face.

"Finally", he thought to himself. "I did it, I finally decided to come here again".

Wonwoo hugs the bouquet of roses tightly as he makes his way over to the one specific spot, walking slowly with precaution as if he's scared he's going to get caught. With all the courage he can muster up, he stands still for a moment to appreciate the sight in front of him. There's so much life around him yet looking at this one thing directly in front of his eyes reminded him that he still lost the life that meant the most to him.

Slowly, a single tear falls down his face.

"Okay on the count to three Wonwoo, you're going to do this! One...two..... *sigh* three", Wonwoo whispered words of encouragement to himself.

"Hello, how are you?", he says gently as he bends down to kneel down on the ground, wiping any tears that may have escaped down his face by now.
"I brought these for you, roses were your favourite after that one Valentine's Day when I gave you one", Wonwoo sadly smiles at the memory as he places down the bouquet carefully underneath the big grey marble stone that has a large name engraved in silver which reads out "Wen Junhui". (A/n- Idk what an actually grave stone looks like so I'm sorry if it doesn't actually looks like this)

Wonwoo traces the top of the curved gravestone with his index finger on his right hand, by now he's a crying mess and is an uncontrollable waterworks. "Happy birthday Junnie, I miss you so so much you don't understand how hard it is for me to live without you. It's been three years, I should've gotten over this by now yet here I am every year reacting the same each time I see you", Wonwoo sobs into his left hand.

"I'm sorry Wonu", he hears a voice and turns around and standing there is his (dead) boyfriend. "Junnie?", Wonwoo speaks up with disbelief, wiping his glasses lends. "Is that really you?"

"That doesn't matter right now Wonu, I'm here aren't I?", the figure behind him that looks like his Junnie says. 

"What are you sorry for?", Wonwoo asks, his hand muffling his speech.

"Everything. I'm sorry for making you love me. If you didn't love me then you wouldn't have gone through all the pain and hardships without me in the last three years. I'm sorry for not telling you how much I loved you everyday. I'm sorry for not saying anything to you the day I left. I'm sorry for making you unhappy these days and it's completely my fault that you're heartbroken", Jun walked closer to Wonwoo and brought one of his hands up to Wonwoos right cheek to caress it. "I know about your nightmare, I never left because I fell out of love with you, don't think about that anymore. It's all over now, remember all the good times we had, all the memories we shared, I want you to be happy again".

"As long as I know you're still here with me then I can get through anything now", Wonwoo whispered as he looked up at Jun. "However Junnie, there's one question I want to know". "What is it?", the latter replied. 

"Why did you do it? Why didn't you just wait for the police?"

"I couldn't Wonwoo, he was my boss and my most best friend,besides you of course, I couldn't leave him there. He needed my help", Jun slowly spoke to Wonwoo whilst looking him in the eye. 

"But I need you, why did you have to go? Why did you have to leave so soon?", Wonwoo started to break down in tears again at the memory.

"I know you do Wonwoo and you don't know how much I thought of you in my last moments without you. All I could do was to think of how you'd cope without me. I knew I wasn't going to return back to you as soon as I ran back into the club and I regret not telling any of you what happened straight away the moment it happened, I thought I could handle it but I guess I'm not strong enough to face the world without you"

"What happened exactly? I want you to tell me, I don't want to believe what I was told from others or articles", Wonwoo demanded but softly.

"As you knew work set up a surprise party for my birthday and we went to the club not far from my workplace, the club was called Jam Jam, after work finished early to celebrate however a while after we got there some drunk idiot tipped their drink over one of the speakers and as you know, electronics and liquid don't go together so then it sparked and turned into a fire and everyone was evacuated. But I realised when all of my colleges and I met outside, we noticed our boss hasn't come outside yet so I ran back inside to find him and I saw him trapped under a railing post that had fallen down. He looked really weak so I helped dislodge his leg and carried him outside but because that took a while, I fainted due to the heat and smoke and then was sent to hospital then... you know the rest", Jun explained to his boyfriend.

"Why do you have to be so caring?", Wonwoo continued to cry. "You should've just waited for the police and fire service to come".

"Most of all... Why didn't you say goodbye?!", Wonwoo practically screamed then carried on sobbing.

"Because!", The other started. "Because I didn't want to believe that when that happened, it was the last time I was going to see you. I didn't want that day to be the last time I saw you, I regret not living everyday with you as if it was my last. I wasn't ready to leave you either Wonu-", Jun spoke calmly whilst looking at Wonwoo directly in the eyes.

"Junnie, you don't understand how hard it was for me the moment you left. I lost everything at the same time! I lost my best friend, the person I care about most besides my family, my happiness, the reason I smiled all the time, the person I'd always cuddle up to at night, the person I'd share all my secrets with, the person I trusted with my life, the only person I saw a future with and the person I loved the most. I lost it all Junnie. It's so hard to carry on without you, I've thought about joining you so many times but I've always had to stop myself because I know you wouldn't want me to do that. You're not here and I'm slowly giving up", Wonwoo sobbed in Jun's embrace.

"Hey, please be positive! What happened to the optimistic, dorky boy I fell in love with?", Jun questioned him while tightening be his embrace.

"He left...when you left...", The other continued to cry. "I want you back! Why did you have to go so soon"

"Wonu, you know I can't, it's impossible. But I want you to find another source of happiness besides me, like our friends. They've taken good care of you since my absence, seek a new happiness in them", Jun replied to him.

"I don't want to replace you", was all Wonwoo could say. He's still having a hard time processing everything that's being exchanged.

"You're not replacing me, you're finding the other important thing you've had all along", he replied, trying to calm the other. "But there are some things you have to let go of eventually Won-"

"-woo?", Wonwoo tilted his head slightly to the side, past Jun's face, to see Minghao, Jun's cousin and Mingyu's boyfriend, standing not that far away from him looking at him confused. "What are you doing?"

"I'm talking to Junnie", Wonwoo responded with a smile.

"Wonwoo, Junnie's not here anymore..."

"Yes he is, he's right in front of m-", Wonwoo cut himself off when he blinked and looked in front of him. Jun was gone. He blinked twice and took his glasses off just to make sure, Jun still wasn't there. 

"Wonwoo", Minghao started as he approached Wonwoo slowly as he saw his friend was started crying again. "I know you miss him, we all do but I need you to be strong and happy at the moment. If you can't do it for yourself, do it for him." Minghao said comfortingly whilst rubbing circles on his back and wiped his eyes with a tissue. 
"I miss Jun a lot, trust me. But I know he's doing okay and I'm sure he's happy that you came to see him"

"Yeah, I'm sure my Junnie hyung is doing just fine up there", Wonwoo told Minghao as he looked up at the sky. He had calmed his crying now.

There was a small silence however none of them minded, it was a comfortable silence.

"Come on", Minghao said to Wonwoo. "Let's get going, you've been here for some time and the others are worried about you and are waiting for us at Seungcheol's house, we'll be late otherwise". 

"But can't I stay here a bit longer? I miss him so much, I don't want to leave him yet", Wonwoo replied sadly looking down at the gravestone as he gently traced his finger over the engraved name.

"I'm sure Jun would want you to be happy on his birthday and I think visiting him was the best birthday present you could've given him. It's a present from the heart and I'm sure he'd want you to spend his birthday with the people you love", Minghao said to Wonwoo comfortingly, gently his back when he saw that Wonwoo was almost going to set of water works again.

"Yeah. I'm sure he'd want me to do that", Wonwoo looked up at Minghao and smiled. "I'm going to be happy for Junnie, it's his special day after all". "That's the spirit", Minghao encouraged with a giggle.

Wonwoo turned away from Minghao and leaned over to kiss the top of the gravestone. " I have to go now, this is a proper goodbye now that I finally understand. I love you Junnie. Never forget that" 

The two of them started to get up from their kneeling and crouching position and started to make their way over to the entrance of the yard. 


"Wait" 


Wonwoo  turns around when he hears the voice that sounded like it was talking to him, he turned behind him in the direction of the graveyard to see no one there and turns back around and proceeds to to leave with minghao. "Minghao, did you say something?", Wonwoo asked. "No? Why are you asking?", was the response he got back. "No reason, it's nothing", Wonwoo replied and shook his head. "Maybe I'm imagining the voice and hearing things again", He thought.

After they walked out of the graveyard completely and closed the gates behind them, Wonwoo couldn't help but feel like someone was watching him. So he turned around to look around him but only saw pedestrians walking past him, probably not even acknowledging him. He looked across the road but no one was looking at him. He shrugged and continued to make his way over to the cars with Minghao. 


"Wonwoo baby, no matter how far apart or where we are, I'll always wait for you, please always remember me...until death do both of us apart...

 

...I love you".

 

 

 

 

 

 

_______________________________________
a/n- I'm uploading this because it's my 1 year anniversary of jointing AFF! Time really does fly! It only feels like last week when I made the account hehe

> I hope you liked my special one shot of Wonhui (I couldn't love this ship enough) ^-^

>if any parts confused you, I'll clear it up. The part at the beginning of the flash of orange and flash of white are like a "flashback" of what happened to Jun (the flash of orange was Jun running into the fire [later explained was how he died] and the white was him going to heaven.
>At the end,Jun is the one who told Wonwoo to "wait" and is the one who Wonwoo felt was watching him and said the last paragraph, as a spirit sort of thing looking over him. (Like they do in movies when someone has died XD)

>feedback is very appreciated!

> I'll be updating my other fic soon but for the time being take care reader and hope to see you soon (ghost readers included XD) 

-Karamel18