The Escape Plan (P2)

Clawing at Ice

Chapter 3: The Escape Plan (Part 2)


“NOW!!” Minjun ordered through his mental link.

As soon as the telepathic signal was sent out to all his comrades, a few things happened simultaneously. Guards and scientists dropped to the ground like dominoes - their eyes rolling back to their heads, drool pooling before spilling from their lips, and blood and brain matter trickling from their ears and nostrils -  in a matter of seconds, starting from the guard in front of Minjun. He had activated the viruses that he had injected into them, causing their brain to turn to mush while extracting all the information they had stored. As soon as the first guard had fallen, Chansung channeled his telekinetic abilities to break the protective-glass in his room followed by a blast towards the control center. Like Minjun, his psychic abilities were off the charts, enabling him to use it despite the barriers. Immediately, alarms blared as the psychic barrier in both rooms dropped. Another wave of telekinesis broke through the protective glass in Minjun’s room seconds before he reflexively shut his eyes and turned his head away. However, not even a single shard of glass touched him. He smiled at Chansung, who was now climbing out of the window of his test room, for that little consideration as he felt the shackles around his wrists and ankles disintegrate. Once freed, he turned to his side to see that Doo-joon and Seungho were quickly being released by their partners who were trailing behind Chansung. They then climbed out of their room through the window to meet their partners in the middle of the control room. As more alarms blared from different parts of the facility, all eyes turned to Minjun for further instructions.

“Wooyoung reported two children being brought in yesterday. They’re held in the F wing. Both of you,” he regarded Doo-joon and Hyunjung, “will retrieve them. You two,” he added as he turned towards Seungho and G.O, “get to the main control room. Disrupt the main power line and disable the barriers. Make sure to disable the back-up generators too. I’m sending to you all the possible passcodes.”

As soon as he said that, he released all the information that he had collected from the scientists and guards to all his comrades through their mental links. At the same time, reports were pouring in from them regarding their situations.

“Seu-long and Jo Kwon had just managed to break out of their cells. They’re clearing out hallway 9 of B wing. Use that route, Seungho. You can reach the main control room faster that way.”

Seungho and G.O both nodded their understanding.

“Chansung and I will be retrieving Wooyoung. We will all regroup at A wing’s vehicle port. We have 10 mins before reinforcements arrive. Should anything happen, get to the nearest vehicle port and by any means,” he stressed the words, “get yourselves out and as far away from here as you can.”

While relaying his orders verbally, he also sent the same orders telepathically to the others. He received a resounding “understood,” through the mental links as the ones in front of him nodded their heads. As they headed for the door, Chansung casted a glance at the shackles still around the others’ wrists and ankles with bits of concrete still stuck around them. Hyunjung’s and G.O’s telekinesis were not as strong as Chansung’s for them to be able to obliterate things to dust. Before they even took their first steps, Chansung caused the shackles to scatter to the ground in a cloud of dust.

Seungho relieved a guard that was a drooling mess on the ground of his stun baton as G.O blasted open the door to the control room. It hit the wall on the other side, pinning three guards between it and the wall. However, the blast was clearly not the cause of their deaths for their hearts were ripped out of their chests, through their tactical wear and bullet-proof vests. The same could be said for the scattered bodies along the hallway. Minjun looked over to Chansung to see him smirking. Apparently, he had been busy while Minjun were relaying his orders. Minjun gave a thump to his back to show his approval before each pair went their separate ways.

Seungho and G.O went to their left. They were currently situated in wing C. The facility was built in a circular structure such that wings A and G would meet with the main control joining them. Hence, they could access the main control room either through wings A or G but since Minjun had told them that Jo Kwon and Seu-long were already clearing wing B, they made their way there. As they moved forward, Seungho concentrated his gaze towards the guards coming their way. He went into the minds of as many guards as he could, that being six at one time, and broke through their mental shields. Within a few strides, he had managed to manipulate them, turning them against their comrades. As a fight broke out between the guards, G.O reached out with his telekinesis and broke through the concrete above and around them that were protecting the wiring system. He destroyed the wires, allowing the doors to nearby cells and experiment rooms to open as well as lowering the rooms’ barriers. More guards and scientist rushed out but with them, more of their comrades. He then used the exposed wires to wrap around a couple of guards’ throats and broke their necks before flinging their lifeless bodies towards more guards, knocking them off their feet. In front of him, Seungho smashed through a guard’s face on the ground with his boots while elbowing another in the guts before tasering him with the stun baton right in the nape. They made their way quickly through wing C, trusting their comrades to finish the fight and trail after them. Just as they blasted through the entrance of Wing B, they came face-to-face with Jo Kwon and Seulong.

“This way,” Jo Kwon directed as they stepped on or over bodies of guards scattered on the floor.

The sounds of a fight could be heard as they went further in and all four of them braced themselves.

Chansung, Minjun, Doo-Joon and Hyunjung went together in the opposite direction before they too had to split up. Doo-joon and Hyunjung would have to go through a hallway that would cut across the facility, leading straight to the F wing. As they ran through the hallway, one explosion after another could be heard behind every room that they passed -  Chansung destroying the control centers of each room. At the same time, Hyunjung manipulated the wirings to release their comrades from their cells as Doo-joon made the guards within his vision bleed through their pores and Minjun continued hacking their minds and turning them into vegetables. Just as Doo-joon and Hyunjung turned towards the hallway that would lead to the F wing, Chansung grabbed onto Minjun’s arm. He then projected a clear image of Wooyoung in his mind and used it as a mark to teleport them to Wooyoung.

As soon as they arrived, shots rang out amidst a telepathic warning sent to Minjun. Only a bullet managed to graze Minjun’s cheek while the rest scattered in a smoke. A second later, the room’s occupants dropped to the ground with hollowed out eye sockets and blood trickling out their nose and ears. All except for one.

“They knew you were coming for me,” Wooyoung voiced as soon as Chansung had destroyed the room’s control center to release him from his cage at the corner of the room.

Chansung grunted.

“Was it necessary to totally decimate their brains like that?” he asked as he looked over the bodies on the floor.

“It was a reflex,” Minjun answered matter-of-factly.

Wooyoung looked at him, an eyebrow raised. He decided to ignore him.

“Collect your data. We need to destroy everything,” he ordered instead.

Minjun observed as Wooyoung sighed before hastily getting to task.  Wooyoung has… emotions. Something that Minjun found intriguing. His mannerisms and way of speaking was different to them. Unlike him, they were detached and expressionless. Whereas he has this glint in his eyes that changed according to situations and facial expressions that followed suit. Right now, he had a furrowed brow, pursed lips, and an intense look in his eyes as he concentrated on retrieving his data from the computers.

“I’m done with this –” Wooyoung started to say before the computer he pointed to blew up into smithereens. “Do you mind!?!?” He shouted instead, clutching his chest.

He had not stepped away from said computer. The fragments could have hit him and he could have died! The only acknowledgement he got from Chansung was a raised brow.

“Three minutes,” Minjun reminded them.

Wooyoung rolled his eyes and went to the next computer. A few seconds later, the computer exploded just as Wooyoung stepped away from and turned to the next one. On it went as Minjun continued obliterating brain after brain on the other side of the door.

Just as the last computer went up in smoke, Minjun received a telepathic message from Doo-joon.

“The kids won’t come with us and I can’t force them. The older one said he would kill himself if I ever come near.”

“Tell him I sent you,” Minjun answered.

“He won’t believe me unless he sees you for himself,” Doo-joon returned.

I’m coming. Make sure they are secured first then make for the meeting place,” he ordered instead.

Roger,” Doo-joon confirmed.

“We need to get the kids,” Minjun said out loud as he regarded the other two.

Chansung grabbed Wooyoung’s arm as Minjun made his way to them and grabbed onto Chansung’s shoulder.

“Image,” Chansung asked.

Minjun sent him the clearest image of the kids that he got from Wooyoung previously. Shorter than a heartbeat, they blipped out of the room.


Was this chapter too gory/violent?

It's my first time writing action scenes plus I didn't want the escape to be too easy. After all, they have been in there for years. If it were that easy to leave, they'd have left long ago, right?

Anw, hope you guys like this chapter too ^^,