Star

Stars at My Fingertips

Stars at My Fingertips

Often, Wheein thinks it is only right that Byulyi is named Byulyi.

And that it’s only right that she loves to call Byulyi with that single word.

“Byul.”

Byulyi looks up from her phone and flashes her a dizzy, crooked smile. Her eyes sparkle, they are saying many words as Wheein gazes back.

Hey.’

‘What’s up, Wheen.’

‘Aw, puppy.’

Wheein swoops down and before Byulyi could draw back, she taps her nose mischievously.

“I just wanted to distract you from your game.”

Byulyi’s expression switches from adoration to immediate horror. The huge ‘Game Over’ splashed across her phone screen greets her cheerily.

“Dammit! Wheein! That was the last stage!”

“Precisely why,” Wheein laughs in that sharp, twinkling way, almost like a yelp. “I can’t let you complete that before me.”

Byulyi grumbles, throws annoyed glares over but Wheein knows Byulyi isn’t really mad at her. She just knows. Her hands fall on Byulyi’s cheeks, fingertips grazing soft skin lovingly.

“That’s not fair,” Byulyi mumbles, eyes unfocused now.

“I don’t play fair sometimes.”

“Sometimes?”

Wheein laughs again, as she leans in, closing the gap between them but leaves just enough distance to frustrate the other girl. “Most of the time then, Byul.”

Byulyi nods as her lips twitch before she grabs the small girl by her collar, attempting to erase that space between them. But at the very last second, Wheein snakes away from her grasp, swats her hand but leaving her touch on her skin.

Wheein knows that the lingering touch is even more frustrating.

She smirks in glee. “I don’t play fair.”

Byulyi groans.

Wheein is in a teasing mood, it is so cute to see Byulyi in this slightly flustered state. So satisfying to know that Byulyi desires her, that she craves having Wheein close.

And even more satisfying because she knows she has Byulyi at her fingertips.

“I don’t know why I fall for this all the time.” Byulyi gestures, hinting at both Wheein’s teasing act and touches. She heaves a sigh, totally defeated.

Wheein hums happily.

“You know.. Wheein…”

“Yeah?” Wheein tilts her head to the side slightly, Byulyi looks extremely serious, solemn even, all of a sudden. She feels familiar arms close around her, rounding her waist.

Wheein giggles. She’s willing to let Byulyi have her way this time.

“I don’t know why I fall more in love with you all the time too.” Byulyi’s breath tickles Wheein as the older girl buries her face into the crook of her neck. “I lose at this Wheein game, damn.”

“You're so greasy,” Wheein chuckles. This is what bliss is, she thinks. Contented and unable to imagine life without Byulyi. What would it be like, if she isn't dating this girl? She wonders if it's possible to live a life where Byulyi doesn't return her affection.

Byulyi’s arms snake around her waist and Wheein realises she can't.

Byulyi breathes, tender and in love, “I love you.”

Wheein’s cheeks glow pink, warmth spreading to every bit of her body, filling her up with love to her fingertips and toes.

“I love you too, silly.”