Chapter 2: We Got Married

Married To My Professor

“Cho Kyuhyun, do you take Lee Sungmin to be your lawfully wedded wife, promising to love and cherish, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health until death do you part?”

Kyuhyun looks at the priest and smiles at him.

If only I have a choice then I will say no…but…yeah…I need to go on with the flow and marry the bird brain girl”

Kyuhyun thought while staring at the priest. He nods his head.

“With all my heart, I do…I really really do”

Kyuhyun told the priest, flashing a sarcastic smile before focusing his eyes upon Sungmin. He smiles brightly at her, teasing her. Sungmin forces herself to smile, but of course, she’s just doing that because she needs to go on with the flow to please her parents and Kyuhyun’s parents even though deep inside, she already wants to kill Kyuhyun.

“Lee Sungmin, do you take Cho Kyu—“

“I don’t. I really don’t want, but since I don’t have any other choice then my answer is I do. I accept this arrogant brat to be my husband even though it’s against my will. I’m breaking my heart right now, but I don’t have any other choice…I need to marry him and say I do”

Sungmin told the priest, interrupting him just before he can finish talking. She just can’t control herself anymore. Her heart is really breaking because she needs to marry a man whom she doesn’t even love and she just can’t understand why their parents need to force them to marry each other. Sungmin looks at Kyuhyun who is raising his eyebrow.

“What the ing hell are you doing Ms. Substitute Biology Professor whose s are bigger than her brain? We already talk about this, right? You must go on with the flow. You’re not the only one who is having a hard time. Stop being stupid you bird brain and just go on with the flow”

Kyuhyun told Sungmin, talking in a soft voice that only the two of them can hear.

“YAH! I TOLD YOU NOT TO CALL ME BIR—“

Sungmin stops talking when she notices everyone staring at her, including the priest who looks really confused. The people who are present in the wedding are all staring at her with questioning glare because of what she just told the priest and because of the way she acts.

“Ah…”

Sungmin flashes a weak smile, feeling embarrassed in front of the priest, their guests, her in-law and her parents. She can see her father staring at her seriously.

“Well…”

Sungmin looks at the priest, flashing a weak smile.

“Well…what I mean is…”

Sungmin didn’t have the chance to finish talking because Kyuhyun quickly pulls her closer to him. Her eyes grow big when Kyuhyun kisses her lips.

“Sorry about that father. My wife already said I do. So, we’re married now. I may now kiss my bride, right?”

Kyuhyun asks the priest who are just staring at them with confused expression.

“Fast forward. You see. We’re just too overwhelm because we’re excited to marry each other”

Kyuhyun told the priest before looking at Sungmin who still looks dumbfounded because of the sudden kiss.

“Let’s go baby. Let’s have our honeymoon now”

Kyuhyun told Sungmin, flashing a teasing smile.

“I just save your bird brain”

Kyuhyun whispers softly on Sungmin’s ear. Sungmin smirks.

“Yeah right ert ”

“Shut up”

Sungmin was shock when Kyuhyun carries her.

“Let’s go”

Kyuhyun told Sungmin, making her blush a little. He bows at the priest, to their guests and to their parents before leaving the wedding hall, carrying Sungmin in bridal style.

-END OF FLASHBACK-

 

“Ouch! What the…”

Kyuhyun frowns at Sungmin who hits him with a thick hardbound book.

“What the hell is your problem huh bird brain? Why are you being a war freak bird again? Seriously, are you already in your menopausal stage huh bird brain ahjumma?”

Kyuhyun asks. Sungmin frowns and hits Kyuhyun again.

“Yah! I’m not your punching bag!”

Kyuhyun told his wife, managing to steal the book away from her. He throws it under the sofa.

“Stop disturbing me. I’m busy ok”

Kyuhyun told Sungmin before focusing his attention back on his laptop and continue playing happily.

“YAH! LISTEN TO ME YOU ARROGANT BRAT!!!”

Sungmin shouts angrily. She’s already losing her temper on her brat husband who only knows how to eat, mess around, play his games and talk to his so-called showbiz girlfriend day and night. It’s been a week since Kyuhyun and Sungmin got married. They are currently living at Kyuhyun’s condominium because Kyuhyun rejected the new house that his father bought for them as a wedding gift.

“I’M ALREADY TIRED OF BEING YOUR WIFE!”

Sungmin shouts angrily. Kyuhyun stops playing and looks at his wife who is frowning so hard at him.

“Why is this bird brain still managed to be cute even though she’s already frowning?”

Kyuhyun thought while staring at his wife whose eyes are getting teary because of anger.

“Why are you being so noisy huh? Are you not tired of talking? Seriously…”

Sungmin hits Kyuhyun with his hand to stop him from talking. She sits beside Kyuhyun and slaps him.

“What the is that? Yah! I’m warning you bird brain. My handsome face is precious. Don’t you dare slap me or you’ll regret it next time”

Kyuhyun told Sungmin, frowning at her while rubbing his aching cheek.

“I really don’t mind punching your stupid face you ing arrogant brat !”

“Oh that was so sweet bird brain ahjumma! Mind your language honey. Sweet girls don’t curse like that”

Kyuhyun told Sungmin before stucking his tongue out, teasing his wife.

“Aigoo! The bird is going to cry now. You’re really an exceptional bird because you’re the only bird that knows how to cry”

Kyuhyun told Sungmin, teasing her more. He really loves teasing Sungmin because he finds her cute whenever she’s getting pissed off and he promise his self that he will make Sungmin’s life uncomfortable and miserable like hell.

“Why are you doing this to me?”

Sungmin asks, almost crying.

“I’m not doing anything. I’m just doing my role as your husband. I’m being a loving husband to you”

Kyuhyun told Sungmin in a sarcastic manner. Sungmin hits him.

“Loving? Making me as your nanny and maid? Is that what you call a loving husband?”

Sungmin asks. Kyuhyun just smiles at her.

“I’m always cleaning. You’re not even helping me in doing the household chores and the laundry”

Sungmin told Kyuhyun as she starts complaining.

“Am I the wife here? That’s your role, right?”

Kyuhyun asks.

“And what is your role huh? Eat, mess around, flirt with your so-called showbiz girlfriend over the phone, play and become a burden to me?”

Sungmin asks. Kyuhyun shook his head.

“I’m studying and I’m working”

“I’m also working like you”

“But my schedules are hectic than yours and stop complaining because I’m the one who is providing for you”

“Shut up! I don’t need your money brat because I’m richer than you!”

Sungmin told Kyuhyun.

“And you’re not even studying because you’re always playing and sleeping whenever you don’t have class and schedules in your work!”

Sungmin told her husband. Kyuhyun flicks her forehead.

“Ouch!”

“Stop whining bird brain ahjumma. I’m such a genius man. I can manage even though I don’t study unlike you…bird brain”

Kyuhyun told Sungmin.

“Just cook my lunch now nanny. Do your job as my wife and stop being a nagger because my ears are already aching. You’re so talkative and really noisy. Birds don’t talk, so shut your mouth ok”

Kyuhyun told his wife.

“And beside, you’re my guardian right? That’s what I told the people here, so you need to take care of me”

Kyuhyun told Sungmin happily, teasing her again. He told the people that Sungmin is his cousin. He told them that she will be his guardian, so that there wouldn’t be an issue about them since Sungmin will already live with him in his condominium. They need to hide their marriage to protect each other’s career. The only people who know that they are married to each other are the people who are invited and present in their wedding and those are their parents, Jonghyun, Sungkyu and Ryeowook.

“I really hate you”

Sungmin told her husband.

“Thank you because I also hate you. I hate you as much as you hate me. I told you bird brain. Marry me and you’ll be living in hell. Since you choose to marry a genius and really handsome man like me then bear with it”

Kyuhyun told Sungmin.

“I’m hungry now. Please cook my lunch because I still have schedules later”

Kyuhyun told Sungmin in a demanding manner.

“You’re just going to have a date with that Seulgi girl”

Sungmin told Kyuhyun. She can’t understand why she’s feeling jealous of her. Well, she hasn’t met Seulgi yet, but Kyuhyun told her that she is his girlfriend and he is the girl that he loves. Sungmin really hates it whenever Kyuhyun will tell her that he is meeting Seulgi somewhere secretly for them to have a date and whenever he will talk to Seulgi over the phone day and night just to flirt with her.

“Jealous?”

Kyuhyun asks, examining his wife’s reaction. Sungmin shook her head and act normal.

“I don’t care about your love life. We agree not to mind each other’s business and private life, so I don’t care about you and your girlfriend! Just make sure that you wouldn’t put yourself into trouble because I’m not going to rescue you when appa grill you alive”

Sungmin told her husband, pretending not to be jealous. She suddenly blushes when Kyuhyun leans his face closer to hers.

“Just cook my lunch now ok…stop being talkative”

Kyuhyun told Sungmin and quickly captures her lips, kissing her. Of course, he wouldn’t let the day pass without kissing his wife’s lips because for him, it’s his one way of teasing his wife.

“You want more?”

Kyuhyun asks while looking at Sungmin who is blushing.

“I…”

Sungmin was lost for words. Yes, she hates Kyuhyun, but she can’t understand why she loves his lips on hers.

“I’m…going to…cook now”

Sungmin told her husband, trying to compose herself. She quickly stands up and goes at the kitchen to cook their lunch before Kyuhyun can corner her and kiss her again.

“I knew it. She’s falling for me. I found her weakness”

Kyuhyun told his self happily. He focuses his eyes back on his laptop and starts playing again.

***

Kyuhyun went at the living room to look for his wife. He found her sitting on the floor while typing something on her laptop.

“Why is that bird so serious?”

Kyuhyun asks his self. Sungmin looks so focused on what she’s doing.

“But come to think of it…”

Kyuhyun smiles while staring at his wife who is pouting cutely while typing on her laptop.

“She’s really cute whenever she’s doing that thing”

Kyuhyun whispers. His smile slowly vanished from his lips when he remembers someone.

“I wish that I could see her again”

Kyuhyun told his self sadly.

“AHHHHH!!!”

Kyuhyun was shock when someone shouts. He found his wife staring at him with wide eyes open.

“Why are you shouting? Birds don’t shout”

Kyuhyun told his wife, frowning at her.

“You scared me”

Kyuhyun told Sungmin, feeling his heart beating fast.

“What…what…what…”

Sungmin’s voice was trembling a little.

“What?”

Kyuhyun asks because he can’t understand what his wife wants to tell him. Sungmin takes a deep breath. She stands up and walks away.

“What is wrong with her?”

Kyuhyun asks his self, feeling confused. He follows Sungmin inside the kitchen.

“Coffee?”

Kyuhyun asks while looking at his wife who is carefully pouring coffee on her mug. Sungmin ignores him. She gets her cup and was about to leave the kitchen, but Kyuhyun quickly blocks her way, so she can’t go away.

“What is wrong with you?”

Kyuhyun asks. He notices Sungmin not looking at him and she’s blushing. Kyuhyun suddenly smirks because he finally understands why Sungmin shouts and why she’s avoiding him.

“Am I so hot and y and that’s why you’re blushing like that?”

Kyuhyun asks, smiling at his wife who keeps her head low. Sungmin doesn’t want to look at Kyuhyun because he is not wearing a shirt. She feels shy to look at her bare chest. Kyuhyun holds Sungmin’s beautiful face, forcing her to look at him.

“Will you please wear a shirt? You might catch cold and I don’t want to take good care of you brat kiddo”

Sungmin told her husband, frowning at him. She’s still blushing and Kyuhyun thinks that she looks innocent and beautiful.

“You need to get used to it bird brain because we’re husband and wife now and—“

Kyuhyun didn’t have the chance to finish talking because Sungmin pushes him away, so she can go out of the kitchen.

“You’re not even y ok”

Sungmin told Kyuhyun, teasing him before going out of the kitchen.

“There’s really something wrong with her eyes. Now I understand why she’s wearing glasses”

Kyuhyun told his self before going out of the kitchen. He follows his wife at the living room. Sungmin is already sitting on the floor and her attention is already back on her laptop.

“Sungmin ahjumma”

Sungmin stops typing when she hears his husband calling her “Sungmin ahjumma”.

“Yah! How many times do I need to tell you that I’m just twenty eight years old to be an ahjumma?”

Sungmin asks, biting her lower lip because of anger. Kyuhyun flashes a teasing smile. He really loves teasing his wife. He walks towards her and happily kneels on the floor. He leans forward, making Sungmin gasps softly because of how close their faces are. Kyuhyun quickly takes Sungmin’s glasses away from her before standing up.

“Give it back to me you brat arrogant kiddo!”

Sungmin told Kyuhyun, frowning at him.

“Get it from me if you want”

Kyuhyun told his wife before sticking his tongue out to tease Sungmin.

“I don’t have time to play with you. I’m busy working on my modules. Just give it back to me ok”

Sungmin told Kyuhyun, reaching her hand out. She’s trying to control her temper. She doesn’t want to get mad because she doesn’t want to stress herself and her head is aching a little and stressing herself because of her brat husband will only add up to the pain that she’s feeling on that moment.

“Why are you wearing glasses? Pretending to be a genius when you’re actually a bird brain?”

Kyuhyun asks. Sungmin takes a deep breath.

“I just don’t want to wear my contact lens ok. Just give back my glasses”

Sungmin told Kyuhyun. She stands up and moves towards her husband. Kyuhyun quickly raises his hand up, so Sungmin can’t steal her glasses away from him.

“If you can reach it”

Kyuhyun told his wife, flashing an evil smile. Sungmin tip toed to reach for her glasses, but she fails because Kyuhyun is taller than her and she can’t reach his hand.

“Yah! What is your problem huh? Why do you keep on pestering me? Just go away and leave me alone! I really hate you!”

Sungmin told her husband, biting her lower lip because of anger. Kyuhyun smiles brightly upon seeing the tears that are forming in Sungmin’s eyes because of anger.

“The bird will cry now”

Kyuhyun happily teases Sungmin who is staring at him seriously with teary eyes.

“I HATE YOU!!!”

Sungmin shouts, feeling angry. She already wants to cry because of Kyuhyun always teasing her and making things hard for her.

“I hate you too. I really hate you as much as you hate me”

Kyuhyun told Sungmin, smiling at her before walking away. He returns inside his room to put on his shirt and fix his self because he needs to leave for his schedule on that day and for his date with Seulgi.

“Aish! How long do I need to suffer because of him? He is such a pain”

Sungmin told herself. She takes a deep breath and sits on the floor, facing her laptop.

“Just take a deep breath Lee Sungmin. Calm down and don’t let that brat ruin your day again”

Sungmin told herself. She takes a deep breath.

“That kid really loves to ruin my day. Aish! What will I do to him?”

Sungmin told herself. She takes a deep breath again and gets her cup of coffee and carefully takes a sip to relax herself and her mind.

“Ahjumma”

Sungmin sighs heavily upon hearing Kyuhyun who ruin her relaxation.

“What do you want from me? Are you going to leave now? Please, you’re free to go”

Sungmin told her husband. She suddenly blushes because she finds Kyuhyun handsome in his black outfit.

“What am I going to do with that?”

Sungmin asks Kyuhyun who puts an orange polo shirt on top of the table.

“Wash it. I need it tomorrow”

Kyuhyun told Sungmin.

“Why will I wash your clothes huh? I’m not your maid ok”

Sungmin told Kyuhyun, raising an eyebrow.

“You’re my wife and doing the laundry is part of your duties and responsibilities as a wife. So please be a good bird”

Kyuhyun told Sungmin, patting her head happily, treating her like a pet. Sungmin frowns and removes her husband’s hand away from her head.

“Please leave now. I’m begging you. Aish! I don’t want to see you anymore!”

Sungmin told her husband angrily. Kyuhyun laughs softly and puts something on top of the table. Sungmin’s eyes widened upon seeing it.

“Yah! What did you do to my glasses?”

Sungmin asks while staring at her broken eyeglasses.

“Break it”

Kyuhyun told Sungmin who is about to cry.

“See you later bird braid. Please clean my room too. Be a good bird. I hate you”

Kyuhyun told Sungmin. He quickly kisses her lips and pats her cheek happily before leaving his condominium happily because he knows that he already ruin his wife’s good mood and good day.

“AISH! I REALLY HATE THAT KID!!! THIS IS ALL MOM AND DAD’S FAULT!!! AHHHHHHH!!! I SUDDENLY HATE MY LIFE BECAUSE OF THAT BRAT KIDDO!!!”

Sungmin shouts angrily, controlling her tears from falling because of anger.

***

Kyuhyun went inside his manager’s office without knocking on the door. He walks towards his manager’s desk and stares at him; Jonghyun is busy reading some documents.

“Who told you to cancel my drama with Seulgi?”

Kyuhyun asks. Jonghyun stops reading the documents that he’s holding. He slowly raises his head and stares at Kyuhyun who is frowning at him.

“You didn’t even consult me about it”

Kyuhyun told his manager before sitting down on the chair.

“Does Ms. Song know about this?”

Kyuhyun asks. Jonghyun nods his head as an answer.

“Who are you to cancel that drama? I’m looking forward to it”

Kyuhyun told Jonghyun, still frowning at him. He was feeling upset upon knowing that his supposed to be drama with his so-called girlfriend will no longer happen because his manager cancelled it without even consulting it.

“I am your manager”

“And that’s why you think you can already decide for me?”

Kyuhyun asks.

“We’re not yet signing the contract for that drama, so things can still change Kyu. I told Ms. Song that you need to focus on your studies and that’s why I—“

“WELL THAT’S BULL!!!”

Kyuhyun raises his voice, interrupting his manager from talking. He looks at Jonghyun, clenching his fist because of anger.

“You know that I can manage, but why? Hyung, since when did I complain that my schedules are making it hard for me to concentrate in my studies? I can always manage my career and my school at the same time and you know that”

Kyuhyun told his manager. Jonghyun nods his head.

“Then what the hell are you doing? Why cancel the—“

“It’s your dad’s request”

Jonghyun told Kyuhyun, interrupting him.

“Appa?”

Kyuhyun asks, giving his manager a curious look. Jonghyun nods his head.

“Your parents talk to me. Your dad told me to cancel that drama because you’re already married”

“So? I don’t care if I’m already married. That wedding is a joke and you know that! I don’t even love my bird brain wife and she’s like an older sister to me! I mean…I don’t love her and you know that!”

Kyuhyun told Jonghyun, giving him a serious look.

“Your parents don’t want you to have any connection with your so-called girlfriend”

Jonghyun told Kyuhyun, emphasizing the word “girlfriend” while giving him a deadly glare. Of course Jonghyun knows that Seulgi and Kyuhyun have a relationship and that they are dating secretly. He’s just covering up for them whenever the paparazzi will caught them to save Kyuhyun’s career and from scandals.

“We both know what kind of relationship you and Seulgi-shi has. The public will always consider it as a rumor since I’m always saving your because I don’t want you to lose your career and your dad will surely grill you alive. Your parents got a point. You’re already married and it’s not fair if you and Seulgi will still have a connection. End your relatuionship with her”

Jonghyun told Kyuhyun who just smirks at him.

“Stop being a hardheaded boy and listen to me. I don’t care if that marriage is a joke or not. I don’t care if you love your wife or not. All I care about is your career. End whatever relationship you have with Seulgi-shi and beside, your parents hate her for you”

Jonghyun told Kyuhyun before standing up.

“Go to your room now. Your stylist and make-up artist are already waiting for you. Your pictorial will start at four thirty in the afternoon. You better prepare yourself now”

Jonghyun told Kyuhyun before walking away. He was about to leave his office when Kyuhyun speaks.

“What if I don’t want?”

Kyuhyun asks.

“Excuse me?”

Jonghyun asks without looking at Kyuhyun. He was holding the doorknob.

“What if I don’t want to end my relationship with Seulgi?”

Kyuhyun asks, raising his eyebrow while staring at his manager’s back. Jonghyun takes a deep breath.

“There’s only one thing that I want to tell you Kyu. I won’t save your again once the paparazzi catch you and that girl again. You just need to choose. Her or your career or should I say...choose her and you’ll be facing your dad’s wrath”

Jonghyun told Kyuhyun. He opens the door and leaves his office.

“Aish! Appa…seriously…I really hate you!”

Kyuhyun told his self. He saw a book on top of Jonghyun’s desk. Kyuhyun gets it and throws it angrily on the wall before leaving his manager’s office.

***

“Seriously…”

Sungmin sighs heavily while standing inside her husband’s bedroom. She can’t believe what she’s seeing. Kyuhyun’s room is very messy; his things and his clothes are scattered everywhere.

“What kind of bedroom is this?”

Sungmin asks. She starts picking Kyuhyun’s clothes on the floor.

“He doesn’t even know how to put his dirty clothes on the laundry bin. What kind of human being is he? How can he sleep in a very messy environment like this? Aigoo! My head is aching because of him”

Sungmin told herself, rubbing her forehead. She puts Kyuhyun’s dirty clothes on the laundry bin. She goes inside the bathroom to check if it’s clean.

“Luckily, the bathroom is clean”

Sungmin told herself, sighing in relief because she’s already feeling tired of cleaning Kyuhyun’s condominium. She always cleans and in return, Kyuhyun always mess around. Sungmin saw a pack of cigarette on top of the marble counter.

“That kid is really…”

Sungmin smirks and throws the pack of cigarette in the trash bin.

“Sorry honey, but no more smoking”

Sungmin whispers. She went inside her husband’s walk-in closet to check if it’s clean. She sighs heavily when she saw it.

“Aigoo! I’m going to have wrinkles because of him. That brat is…aish!”

Sungmin frowns while staring at Kyuhyun’s clothes that are scattered in every corner of his walk-in closet.

“Ok”

Sungmin takes a deep breath.

“I need to clean the bedroom first before the walk-in closet”

Sungmin told herself. She nods her head and returns inside her husband’s room. Sungmin starts cleaning Kyuhyun’s room. She accidentally hits her head on the bed because of getting the things that are under Kyuhyun’s bed.

“Ouch!”

Sungmin frowns while rubbing her head.

“I really hate that brat”

Sungmin whispers. She continues cleaning the room when she notices something under the bed.

“I thought I already get everything under his bed? I didn’t notice that I left one”

Sungmin told herself. She carefully kneels down and gets the thick photo album under Kyuhyun’s bed.

“Photo album?”

Sungmin asks while staring on it. She stands up and went at the room’s balcony.

“Wow! This place is lovely. How can he have a balcony in his room while I don’t have one? So unfair”

Sungmin told herself. She sits on the hanging bed and smiles brightly, feeling the wind blowing slowly.

“This is a peaceful place”

Sungmin told herelf. She opens the photo album and starts scanning it. She was smiling sweetly while looking at the pictures.

“I have to admit that kiddo is handsome…just like appa”

Sungmin told herself, smiling at the picture of Kyuhyun with Youngwoon.

“I wonder why that brat kiddo hates appa? They seem close to each other or they just look close to each other in pictures?”

Sungmin asks. She continues scanning the photo album and sees some pictures of Kyuhyun with Taeyeon.

“Are they friends?”

Sungmin asks. Her eyes suddenly grow big when she saw a picture of Kyuhyun kissing Taeyeon.

“Wow! He’s such a playboy. Now I know that Ms. Kim becomes his girlfriend. Seriously, how many girlfriends does he have?”

Sungmin asks, frowning. She smiles upon seeing pictures of Kyuhyun with Sungkyu and Taeyeon.

“The three of them are close to each other? I wonder what happen why that brat kiddo and Ms. Kim hate each other that much. But of course…if they are a couple before and they broke up…they will hate each other. Seriously Lee Sungmin, do you expect friends who become a couple still become friends after breaking up with each other?”

Sungmin asks while thinking of the possible reason why Kyuhyun and Taeyeon broke up because she’s really curious about it.

“It’s none of your business Lee Sungmin. Remember the rule, no meddling in each other’s business”

Sungmin told herself. She turns the page again and saw a picture of Kyuhyun with a girl who looks older than him.

“Is she his sister?”

Sungmin asks.

“But as far as I know, that brat doesn’t have any sibling…step-sister?”

Sungmin asks. Her eyes suddenly grow big.

“OMO! What if this girl is his step-sister…maybe that’s the reason why he hates appa that much? Appa has a mistress or something?”

Sungmin asks, feeling curious. She slaps her cheek.

“What the hell are you thinking Lee Sungmin? How can you think like that about your father in law? You’re insane”

Sungmin told herself, shaking her head.

“Maybe she’s a relative. But if she’s a relative, how come I didn’t saw her in the wedding?”

Sungmin sighs. She closes the photo album when she hears the doorbell ringing.

“Are we expecting a guest today? Mom didn’t tell me that she will visit today. Maybe it’s umma”

Sungmin told herself. She stands up and puts down the photo album on top of the hanging bed before leaving the balcony. She leaves Kyuhyun’s bedroom and walks towards the door. She looks at the monitor on the wall to check who the guest is. Her eyes grow big upon seeing her visitor.

“Junsu?”

Sungmin asks.

“What is he doing here? How did he find out that I’m living here?”

Sungmin asks, feeling nervous. She’s afraid that Junsu already finds out about her secret—that she’s already married and her husband is no other than the famous idol and the hardheaded medicine student in the University wherein she’s working as a Professor, Cho Kyuhyun.

“What to do?”

Sungmin asks. She starts biting her nails. She always does it whenever she’s feeling nervous and afraid. The doorbell keeps on ringing.

“Ok”

Sungmin takes a deep breath and opens the door. She smiles brightly to Junsu who also smiles upon seeing her.

“Hi Junsu. What are you doing here?”

Sungmin asks, acting normal. She must act normal or else Junsu will find out about her secret.

“For you”

Junsu gives the beautiful bouquet of pink lilies to Sungmin.

“For me?”

Sungmin asks. Junsu nods as an answer.

“Thank you”

Sungmin smiles sweetly.

“Ah…can I come in?”

Junsu asks. Sungmin thinks for the meantime before nodding her head. She went inside the condominium with Junsu.

“Do you want something?”

Sungmin asks. Junsu shook his head and sits on the sofa.

“I’m fine”

Junsu told Sungmin while roaming his eyes, examining the place.

“I didn’t know that you already move out from the Lee mansion. You didn’t even tell me”

Junsu told Sungmin who smiles weakly.

“How did you know where I’m living?”

Sungmin asks. Junsu smiles at her.

“Aunt Hyukkie. She told me. I went at your house yesterday and you’re not there. Aunt Hyukkie told me that you’re no longer living there and she gives me the address of your new home”

Junsu informs Sungmin who just nods her head.

“Mom is really crazy. Aish! She’s such a blabber. She’s putting me in trouble”

Sungmin thought.

“Any business with me? I mean, what makes you come here?”

Sungmin asks.

“Well…”

Junsu looks at Sungmin with love.

“Want to have dinner with me?”

Junsu asks, hoping that Sungmin will not reject him. He wants to have a date with the girl he loves and he is worried because Sungmin is acting cold towards him the past few days and he is thinking if he did something wrong that made her act that way towards him.

“Ah....”

Sungmin thinks for awhile. She’s actually thinking if it’s still a good idea to go out with Junsu now that she’s already married.

“Actually, I am—“

“Are you avoiding me?”

Junsu asks, feeling sad. Sungmin shook her head.

“Of course not…no, I am not avoiding you. Well…ok…let’s have dinner. Wait for me. I’ll just change my clothes”

Sungmin told Junsu before going inside her room. She puts the beautiful bouquet on top of her bed.

“So what if I go out with Junsu? It’s just a friendly date. Junsu and I are friends and there’s nothing wrong if I have dinner with him. It’s not cheating ok. That brat kiddo is the one who is cheating here because he has a girlfriend”

Sungmin told herself, frowning upon thinking about Kyuhyun and Seulgi.

“Why am I feeling jealous with that girl? I don’t even know her”

Sungmin sighs. She gets her mobile phone on top of the bedside table and calls her mother.

“Yes sweetheart?”

Hyuk Jae asks.

“Why did you tell Junsu where I live?”

Sungmin asks, frowning. Hyuk Jae flashes a smile.

“Is he there now?”

Hyuk Jae asks happily. Sungmin nods.

“Mom, are you planning to put your own daughter into trouble?”

Sungmin asks.

“Why will I put you in trouble?”

Hyuk Jae asks, raising an eyebrow.

“Cho Sungmin, I just want to remind you that I am still your mother. I know that you’re married now and you have your own life now, but it doesn’t mean that you can already talk to me like that”

“Cho what? Let me tell you this mom. First, I don’t use my husband’s surname and I don’t want to use it because I really don’t want to be his wife. You and dad just force me to marry that brat kiddo. Second, I have the right to question you because you’re giving my husband’s address to someone without even consulting me or that brat kiddo”

Sungmin told her mother, arguing with her.

“Junsu is not just someone. He is your childhood friend and he is like a family to us”

“I know. But mom, Junsu doesn’t know that I am already married. Don’t forget that my marriage to that Cho Kyuhyun guy is a secret. You will put me in trouble once Junsu finds out about my marriage to that brat kiddo. Do you really want me to lose my job?”

Sungmin asks. Hyuk Jae shook her head.

“As if Junsu will blab about your marriage to Kyu. Why don’t you just tell him? He has the right to know because you guys are close to each other”

“But mom…”

“What are you afraid of? So what if Junsu finds out that you’re already married?”

Hyuk Jae asks. Sungmin didn’t answer. She’s not afraid that Junsu will find out that she’s already married and her husband is Kyuhyun. She’s just worried about Junsu’s feelings. Sungmin knows that Junsu’s heart will break into pieces if he finds out that she’s already married and she doesn’t want to hurt her childhood friend.

“You just don’t understand”

Sungmin whispers.

“What? I didn’t understand. Why are you whispering?”

Hyuk Jae asks, but Sungmin didn’t answer. She just shook her head. Hyuk Jae sighs.

“I’ll hang up now. I don’t want to argue with you and I’m too busy to throw a fight with you sweetheart. See you soon. Your dad and I will visit you and Kyu when we’re no longer busy. I love you sweetheart and don’t forget to be a good wife ok”

Hyuk Jae told her daughter happily before hanging up. Sungmin stares at her mobile phone.

“Yeah right”

Sungmin sighs and throws her mobile phone on the bed.

“Mom is right. Junsu needs to know and I can’t hide it to him forever”

Sungmin told herself, feeling sad for her childhood friend. She sighs softly and went inside her walk-in closet to change her clothes for her dinner date with Junsu.

***

Junsu and Sungmin are having a quiet dinner in a fancy restaurant. They are not talking to each other. They are just eating their dinner quietly and Sungmin feels awkward because it feels like she’s having a dinner with a stranger. On the other hand, Junsu also feels uncomfortable because he thinks that Sungmin is being cold again towards him and that’s the reason why he doesn’t want to start a conversation with her because she’s not talking since they left Kyuhyun’s condominium.

“This is getting awkward”

Sungmin speaks softly, breaking the silence between her and Junsu who just stares at her.

“Are you not going to talk? Are we just going to eat dinner together and then go home without talking to each other? Why are you like that?”

Sungmin asks, feeling a little bit irritated because Junsu is giving her a feeling of being a stranger to him.

“Am I a stranger to you? I’m not used to it. I mean…you not talking to me”

Sungmin told Junsu.

“Are you avoiding me?”

Junsu asks.

“What? What makes you think like that? If I’m avoiding you, will I—“

“Because you’re acting cold towards me”

Junsu told Sungmin, interrupting her from talking. Sungmin looks at him and he can see sadness in Junsu’s eyes.

“You don’t talk to me in the University and you don’t visit me in my office anymore. You’re not even answering my calls and my messages. Did I do something wrong for you to act like that towards me?”

Junsu asks curiously. Sungmin shook her head.

“I’m sorry Junsu. It’s just that I’m busy and I’m thinking a lot of things”

Sungmin told Junsu, feeling guilty for acting like that towards her childhood friend and for lying to him that she’s busy. The truth is, she’s really avoiding Junsu because she doesn’t know how to tell him that she’s already married and she just wants to avoid Junsu’s sweetness towards her. She’s just avoiding issues about them because her in-laws might misunderstand her friendship with Junsu.

“I understand”

Junsu told Sungmin, flashing a smile. There was a moment of silence again. Sungmin and Junsu stare at each other.

“I HAVE SOMETHING TO TELL YOU”

They told each other in unison.

“Ok. You go first since you’re a girl”

Junsu told Sungmin who shook her head.

“No. You go first. I won’t tell it to you if you’re not going to tell it to me first”

Sungmin told Junsu, sticking her tongue out. Junsu laughs softly.

“I miss you so much Min”

Junsu told Sungmin, smiling sweetly at her. He gently pinches Sungmin’s nose.

“That’s it? You just want to tell me that you miss me?”

Sungmin asks curiously.

“Why? You don’t want to hear me say that I miss you?”

Junsu asks.

“You’re so weird. How can you miss me if we’re seeing each other in the University?”

“That’s because you’re not talking to me this past few days. But that’s not what I want to tell you”

“Then what is it? Come on Junsu, I want to know”

Sungmin told Junsu, pouting cutely. Junsu blushes a little. He really loves it whenever Sungmin will pout so cutely and he can’t help but to fall in love with her even more.

“Min, stop that. I might end up kissing you”

Junsu told Sungmin, teasing her.

“Yah! Just tell it to me”

Sungmin told Junsu, still pouting cutely.

“Well…”

Junsu looks at Sungmin curiously before continuing.

“How is it possible that you and Cho Kyuhyun are—“

“OMO! WHO TOLD YOU?”

Sungmin shouts, feeling scared. She can feel her heart beating fast. Junsu starts blushing because of embarrassment; people are staring at them because of Sungmin’s loud voice.

“Please don’t shout”

Junsu told to Sungmin who smiles weakly.

“Who told you about it?”

Sungmin asks Junsu nervously, speaking in a low voice.

“The concierge of One Seoul Residence. I was really surprise to find out that you and Cho Kyuhyun are relatives. How come I didn’t even know about that?”

Junsu asks, still feeling surprised on what the concierge of One Seoul Residence told him earlier when he is signing the log book for guests at the lobby of the condominium.

“Ah…”

Sungmin sighs in relief.

“It’s good that Junsu didn’t find out about me being that brat’s wife. I almost forgot that the brat kiddo told the employees of the condominium that I am his aunt. So, I need to go on with the flow. I’m sorry Junsu…sorry for lying”

Sungmin thought while smiling weakly at her childhood friend.

“To be honest with you, I’m also surprise to know about it. It turns out that mom is his mom’s second cousin…something like that. Mom just told me about it last week when we have dinner with them. It’s really confusing and it’s really hard to believe that I am that brat kiddo’s cousin…third cousin, I guess”

Sungmin told Junsu, lying to him.

“And I need to live with him because I need to watch over him because that’s what aunt and uncle want. They want me to watch over their son because he is such a hardheaded kid. I can’t believe that I’m going to be a babysitter of that brat hardheaded kid”

Sungmin told Junsu, making him laugh softly.

“What’s funny?”

Sungmin asks, smiling at Junsu.

“Nothing. I just didn’t expect it. What a very small world. I’m sure that everyone who will hear about it will also feel shock”

“Yeah. I’m also shock. I hope he wouldn’t give me a hard time in school anymore since we’re cousins”

“I doubt it Min. That kid is a hardheaded and stubborn and I’m sure that he will keep on giving you headache even though you’re his cousin”

Junsu told Sungmin who just smiles at him. Sungmin is feeling guilty for lying to Junsu, but at the same time she is feeling relief because her secret is still safe.

“So, how about you?”

Junsu asks.

“Me?”

Sungmin asks curiously. Junsu nods his head.

“You have something to tell me right? What is it?”

Junsu asks.

“Ah…”

Sungmin flashes a smile.

“I’m also going to tell you about that thing…Kyu and I are cousins. But since the concierge already told you then I have nothing to say anymore”

Sungmin lied. The truth is, she’s already going to tell Junsu that she’s already married and her husband is Kyuhyun. But since Junsu believes what the concierge of One Seoul Residence told him then she just goes on with the flow even though she’s really feeling guilty to lie to her childhood friend.

***

Kyuhyun was waiting for the elevator while frowning. He is feeling angry because Jonghyun didn’t allow him to have a date with Seulgi. He looks at his bodyguards and frowns at them.

“Aish! That bird brain will really get it. This is her fault. Aish!”

Kyuhyun whispers, blaming his wife. He thinks that it’s Sungmin’s fault why his supposed to be drama with his girlfriend is cancelled and he also thinks that it’s also Sungmin’s fault why he is no longer allowed to have a secret date with Seulgi and Jonghyun is forcing him to break up with her and to cut his communication with her.

“Aish!”

Kyuhyun sighs heavily. His eyes suddenly grow big upon seeing Sungmin with a guy.

“What the ing hell is she doing? Dating a guy without even telling me?”

Kyuhyun asks. He suddenly feels jealous seeing his wife with other man and he feels jealous seeing them sweet to each other.

“Yah! You can leave me now. I can go to my unit alone”

Kyuhyun told his bodyguards.

“But Mr. Lee told us tha—“

“I’m not a kid anymore! Don’t worry because I’m not going anywhere. I’m already tired of playing hide and seek to you guys! I just want to take a rest! Aish! Just leave now or you’ll all get it!”

Kyuhyun told his bodyguards, threatening them.

“Yah! If you will not leave, I will cause a commotion here and I will tell the people that you’re planning to abduct me and let’s see what will happen to all of you”

Kyuhyun told them. His bodyguards bow at him before leaving him alone.

“Aish!”

Kyuhyun quickly went inside the elevator before Sungmin can see him. He presses the Penthouse 1 button.

“Aish that bird is such a flirt! Who the hell is that guy? Her boyfriend?”

Kyuhyun asks.

“It can’t be her boyfriend because Doctor Kim is her boyfriend”

Kyuhyun told his self, still feeling jealous.

“Yah! She’s cheating with that weird doctor. I knew it. She’s such a playgirl. Ha! I’m going to tell it to Doctor Kim, so he will break up with her”

Kyuhyun told his self, flashing an evil smile.

“Revenge is sweet”

Kyuhyun whispers happily. He arrives at the Penthouse 1. He didn’t go inside his unit. He hides somewhere and waits for his wife to arrive with Junsu.

“That bird brain will really get it”

Kyuhyun whispers.

“I need to get evidence, so I can show it to Doctor Kim. He might not believe me if I’m not going to show him a proof that his girlfriend is cheating on him”

Kyuhyun told his self. He gets his mobile phone in his pocket. He smiles when he saw his wife and Junsu.

“They are even holding their hands”

Kyuhyun whispers. He suddenly wants to hit Junsu because he is feeling jealous.

“I’m not jealous ok”

Kyuhyun told his self. His eyes grow big when he saw Junsu kissing Sungmin’s lips.

“Yah! you , that’s my wife! You don’t have the right to kiss her!”

Kyuhyun bites his lower lip and clenches his fist, feeling angry. Junsu waves his hand to Sungmin before leaving.

“You like it huh?”

Kyuhyun asks while looking at his wife who is holding her lips.

“Damn it!”

Kyuhyun sighs heavily. Sungmin went inside the condominium, thinking about Junsu.

“I should tell him the truth because I will only hurt him more if—“

Sungmin stops talking when someone grabs her arm.

“Ouch!”

Sungmin didn’t notice Kyuhyun entering their house because she’s thinking about Junsu.

“Yah! Let go of me. You’re hurting me!”

Sungmin told Kyuhyun who pushes her hard on the wall.

“Ouch! What is your—“

Kyuhyun holds Sungmin’s cheeks tightly, stopping her from talking. Sungmin’s heart start beating fast while staring at her husband who is killing her with his deadly glare.

“Who is that guy with you?”

Kyuhyun asks.

“Who told you to have a date with other man without telling me?”

Kyuhyun asks, feeling angry.

“Let me tell you this bird brain. You’re my wife and it only means that you’re mine. Get that? Try to go out with other man again and you will really get it”

Kyuhyun told his wife, shooting her a deadly glare. He let go of Sungmin before he can crash her beautiful face. He went inside his room, leaving Sungmin alone.

“Aigoo!”

Sungmin sits on the floor because her knees are trembling, feeling scared of her husband.

“What the hell is that? Why is he like that? He’s so scary”

Sungmin whispers softly.