Part 1

Of arcturus and dandelion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He sits on the grass enjoying the view not minding the wind that blows on his hair.

The clouds were decorating the bright blue sky like a cotton candy. So fluffy. So white.


He swears he could see the clouds in a shape of a bear? Or monkey? No, he didn’t know since he’s not quite good in identifying the shape. All the clouds are just the same to him. like a cotton candy.


The pointy grass he seated on sometimes poked on his arm, itching his skin a little bit.But most of all, he was happy. Nothing can ruin his day.


Not even Baekhyun who’s heading towards him, shouting his name. along with Kris behind him holding a box.


Turning his head to the couple, he saw Baekhyun carrying a bundle of flowers in his hand. He furrowed his eyebrow, accepting the stalks of flower.


“Happy birthday Sehun. I wish you for a long and happy life.” He smiled at his friend, accepting the hugs from the two important people in his life.

Baekhyun, his best friend since childhood and Kris, his brother.


Kris undo the box and revealed a chocolate moist cake with strawberry as the topping. Setting it on top of the box, he hands the knife to sehun to cut the cake. Sehun loves this. celebrating his birthday with his only important people on the hill outskirt of Seoul, giving him a feeling of peace. Peace from his loads of work and a serene that he couldn’t found in the bustling city of Seoul.


“Thank you hyung, Baekhyun.”


Baekhyun pointed to the flowers on his hand. A delicate and fragile flower that can be ruined just by a mere touch. "That’s my birthday present for you.”


Sehun smiled, bringing the flower closer to his face and nosing it. smelling it.“Its not pretty and it certainly doesn’t have any scent. But nonetheless, thank you Baekhyun. For the thought.”


Baekhyun then grabbed a stalk from Sehun asking him to watch him. “this is a dandelion. Unlike all the pretty flowers, it doesn’t have any fragrance. But its magical.” Both Sehun and Kris shared a look. Both already knows too well Baekhyun’s personality. Everything seemed magical to Baekhyun. Even pebbles on the side of the road was magical to him.


“it can grant our wish.” 


The flower, a dandelion according to Baekhyun was like a puffballs. It doesn’t have petals nor it has a bud. It looks just like a balls of soft fur.


“You hold them with both your hands and close your eyes tight. Then say your wishes before you blew them out.” Showing a demo for the other two males.


Baekhyun did hold it with both his hand, closing his eyes, lips mumbling his secret wish and blew the ball of fur into the air. The wind blew the flowers higher, the three looks at how it got carried away by the wind, it looks just like a snowflake but not in the winter, in the spring.


“Now, your turn.” Baekhyun turned to Sehun grinning.


“Will it really works?” he doubted Baekhyun’s words. Baekhyun and his magical theory. It just a folk myths. Folk fair doesn’t exist. That’s what he believed. Completely different from Baekhun’s belief.


“You didn’t know if you didn’t try.” He said trying to convince Sehun on doing the same. Kris gave his brother a shrug. He couldn’t argue with Baekhyun, his fiancé when it comes to his magical theory.so, he couldn’t help Sehun.


“Come on, give it a try.” He passed Sehun another stalk of dandelion from the one Sehun placed on the ground. Beside the cake.


Sehun eyed the dandelion before his eyes, not sure if it will work.


Doesn’t want to disappoint Baekhyun, he clamped it in between his palm and closed his eyes. “Do not peek.” Baekhyun warned him beforehand.


“I wish…to find my mate.”


He whispered the words silently, praying with the earnest of his heart for the god, for the angel of love and for the cupid to grant his wish. His first wish for the 25 years he breathed the air.


He opened his eyes to see the dandelion flew. Up up on the sky. The wind carried the flowers along with his wishes up so high where he prayed it will be heard.

 

 

 

 


For the past few weeks, Sehun kept on having strange dreams. Dream where he felt like it was real but a pure imagination at the same time.


He walks behind the boy who he met every time he went here, all the time smiling at him and sharing stories with him. each steps they took, Sehun pluck a few flower, a purple one this time and slid it behind Jongin’s left ear, surprising th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter