Sequel!!

Snow Falls

The cold weather somehow feels cozy. Well, at least that is what he feels.

Daehyun walks out of one gift shop to another, looking for good presents he would like to buy.

It's a day before christmas.

 

He picks a huggable, furry plushie and chuckles lightly. The penguin plushie's face reminds him so much of Youngjae.

 

Youngjae

 

The soon-to-be-17-year-old boy he had met around two weeks ago. The beautiful creature whom God destined him to not see the world.

 

​​​​​

That night, that certain one night, when he and Youngjae talked for the first time, when Youngjae told his dumb brain that he couldn't see, had been the hell worst moment to him. They had only been knowing each other for less than one hour yet he had made Youngjae cry.

He curses himself mentally at that memory.

Daehyun had too distracted with his thoughts that he didn't even realised he had been silent for half an hour or so. Youngjae's sniffles brought him back from his sudden freezing brain. He wasted no more time for spacing out and he quickly apologized to Youngjae. Panicked because he had messed up, he knocked his phone out of Youngjae's hand, making his phone flew onto the snowy ground. He apologized again.

He had only calmed down when he thought he heard Youngjae giggled. He looked up at Youngjae's face and found him laughing, amused by all the rustling Daehyun made.

"It's okay. It's not your fault that I'm blind." He said.

It's neither yours, Youngjae..

They chatted for the next two hours, finding that despite all the crying before, Youngjae was a happy boy. Right after they cracked jokes for the nth time, an exhausted looking guy stepped in to the playgound, walked towards them with a frown between his eyebrows. The guy questioned Youngjae who he was, and what he had done to him. It took him a while after Youngjae bid a goodbye while being yanked and pulled by the hand by the stranger, that he realised the stranger was Youngjae' older brother. Surprisingly looked younger than he had thought he would be.

 


He clicks his tongue as he remember that. He hates Youngjae's brother, since the very beginning. For not taking care of Youngjae, for leaving Youngjae alone in such a cold weather for hours, for not thinking a better place for his brother to wait for him.

He doesn't mind, really, for going straight to the playground right after he's done with his work to accompany the younger until his brother come to fetch him. But he still hope for Youngjae's brother to spend his time with Youngjae instead of going to a place only him and God knows where. They only have a year age difference–Youngjae has told him before–, the brothers should've been really close, with that little of age difference.

Moreover, the way Youngjae's expression lightens up every time he feels Daehyun's precense tells him how lonely the boy was before he comes.

The hostile act Youngjae's brother keep around him every time they meet always left a bitter taste in his mouth. The only times they would meet is when Youngjae's brother picks him up. Not even saying a word to Daehyun before quickly pulling Youngjae home.

 

 

Daehyun simply hates the guts of that brat.

 


Youngjae and him have becomes much closer and knows each other more within this two weeks. The reason which brings him here, hunting for some christmas presents for Youngjae is because they both promised to bring a gift for one another this night. He still has a couple hours before meeting Youngjae. Enough time for choosing the best gift between all the things these gift shops have.

 

After buying a brown knitted beanie with cat ears on it, his eyes caught a glimpse of somewhat familiar figure, walking fast busily around here and there in a well crowded cafe. He walks in there, sitting on the only empty seat in the corner of the room. When the familiar looking boy turns around after delivering the customers' orders, their eyes meets. The boy quickly approaching him.

 

"May I take your order, sir?"

Daehyun hesitates, "Two iced americano. And, can we talk for a bit?"

He noticed the latter sigh, looking around and walking away to talk with someone behind the counter before coming back with his orders to where he sits.

"They gave me 30 minutes."

Daehyun nods his head, signaling him to take a seat and have the other iced americano he has ordered as he sips his own.

"What are you doing here?"

The other guy–who happened to be Youngjae's elder brother– looks at him like he has just asked something ridiculous everyone knows what the answer is. Well, he indeed has.

​​​​​​

"Work." The other asnwers shortly.

"You mean, you're working, here?"

The latter narrowed his eyes, "Yup."

"You're 18", says Daehyun, as if it isn't obvious.

"Yeah.. So?" Daehyun sees how the other frowns gets deeper as he questions him.

Daehyun pays no mind, he still in the midst of connecting the dots, and he somehow feel he's going to feel ashamed of himself after this.


"I mean– aren't you supposed to study hard in your last year in high school or... I don't know, party hard with your friends until late of midnight?" '–because the second one is what I always thought about you'

 

"Was that how you spent your days when you were in my age? Well, sir, I'm sorry to disappoint. But not everyone is having such a good time." The other grows impatient at Daehyun, his eyes inspecting the guy his brother said is his friend, wondering where exactly this conversation is going.

"Wh–No, sorry. But," Daehyun on the other hand knows that he has offended the boy. He doesn't mean it like that, he really has to learn how to ask questions properly.

"why are you working?" That...is.. also not how he wanted his question to be..

He curses under his breath.

 

Without thinking much, Youngjae's brother answers, however. With a tiny smile, the first one Daehyun sees from the brat.

"I'm saving money, a bit by a bit,"


"so that my brother could be able to see."

 

That..


The words leaves him gaping, flabbergasted, boring a hole on the face of the one he called a brat whom he ignorantly disliked.

All this time, two weeks and a couple days, he had judged the boy as such a brat living like some sort of drug dealers or manwhore while the truth is this guy has been working hard only to make his brother more perfect someday. He feels really bad. He always hates a person who likes to judge someone else without knowing anything, but he himself actually just did it.


He smiles, realising Youngjae's brother is a lot better than he thought he is, hell, even much better than himself, a 24 year old judging an 18's hard work.


"It's a little bit too late to ask this but, if you noticed, we barely know each others' name. What's your name?"

Daehyun somehow could feel the other almost glared at him before changing his expression to looking so bored. He pointed his fore finger at his own name tag on his shirt.

"Himchan."

 

 

 


******

 

 

 

Youngjae keeps swinging his feet, tapping his fingers on a gift box repeatedly. He wonders what time it is now, is Daehyun going to come in a minute or is it still too early for Daehyun to be here. He puffs his cheeks, he is bored.

Before he met Daehyun, he was more than bored, he was lonely.


His brother has not always been like this. They were fooling around, teasing each other, just like other sibling do. He has no clue what made his brother doesn't have a time for him now. What he knows is that almost a year ago, after his brother coming back from school at 5 in the evening, he started to lie to their parents, their parents won't be home before 8, so Himchan always called them before going, used his name for the excuse and taking him to somewhere only to leave him sitting alone waiting for him.

 

He has his suspicion, that his brother is dating, and unfortunately having a gold digger girlfriend, that he has to work to treat his girlfriend, buy her this and that everyday or else his girlfriend will break up with him.

Chuckling at his own hilarious imagination, he almost screaming when something falls on his head. Grabbing the thing that turns out to be a hand, he chuckles once more.

"Daehyun?"

Daehyun hums, taking a seat on another empty swing as usual. "Sorry, I'm a bit late."

Youngjae sulks at that.

"Don't be mad at me,"

Youngjae hiss as Daehyun touches his hair to tidy it. "I don't even know you're late before you mentioned it. You shouldn't have said it. That way, I wouldn't have been mad at you!"

"Ey, I don't want to lie to you,"

"Great."

 

Actually, Daehyun has arrived there for quite long time. But he took his time to stare at the bored boy, adoring Youngjae's slightly pouted lips as the younger mumbles to himself time to time.

 

Himchan had said everything, answered every question he asked.

Their parents doesn't know, that Himchan is working, that their parents want him to focus on his school and go to a good university after he graduates. Thus, he uses Youngjae as an excuse to go out. Youngjae is as clueless as their parents are.

He said he doesn't want Youngjae to know either, he doesn't want him to feel bad, or to feel like a burden.

And honestly, their family's financial condition is quite okay. But their parents have lots of things they needs to be taken care of already. Let alone paying hospital bills. That's why he decided to get a part time job, his monthly salary is quite satisfying too. Daehyun had taught him that it's still wrong to leave Youngjae all alone in a place just like that.

​​​​​​It was funny because he felt like he was a teacher lecturing a student. But he's still glad that Himchan want to consider telling his parents and Youngjae about him having a part-time job after school.

 

He sent a text to Youngjae's brother that he would want to take Youngjae somewhere. Himchan had also given him his phone number to make it easier for him to watch over his brother.

Noticing the box on Youngjae's lap, he finally decided to approach the younger before he waits too long.

 

 

"Daehyun, look at this," Youngjae shakes the box on his lap lightly. Careful to not destroying what's inside. "This is my christmas present for you!" The younger beamed excitedly, then he lets Daehyun opens it, telling how he made it himself with his mother's little help, how his mother thought it was for his brother but he told her that it was for his friend. It was his first making a strawberry cheesecake, and some cookies, but with his mom's magic hands' help, it should be delicious. "Mom told me I can invite you to our house!"

"Really? I would love to. Maybe I can send you home next time, too." Daehyun says as he takes out the beanie he bought for Youngjae, he tidy it for a bit, fixing the cat ears and brings it up to Youngjae's head.

"What is that?"

He puts it on before pulling his hands away and cooing silently because Youngjae looks so cute with that. "Your present, a beanie."

Youngjae reached up to touch it, "It's really soft, Daehyun! Uh? Is this supposed to be here too?" he blinks his eyes for a couple times as he touches the beanie's ears, thinking the beanie is ruined by him.

Daehyun grabs one of Youngjae's hand to touch it better, "It's the ears, cat's ears shaped, but now I'm not sure anymore. Is it cat's or puppy's." He grins sheepishly. He regrets that he didn't ask the staff at the shop. Though it looks good on Youngjae whatever ears it is. He looks at the younger who's still caressing the beanie with his fingers. His expression tells him he really like it.

 

"Now, would you come with me?" he asks, getting an idea on where they would celebrate the christmas night, he has an old friend he knows could help him.

"Huh? Where to?"

The corner of Daehyun's lips lifts up, forming a somewhat satisfied smile. Maybe he's hoping this night would be fun for Youngjae. Which would make himself more than happy to see the boy having so much fun. He takes Youngjae's hand, stopping him from caressing his beanie as if he'll never get enough of the feeling of the fluffy wool on his fingertips. He gets both of them on their feet. Carefully leading the younger by the hand, walking together towards his parked motorbike. He kicks a small branch out of their way before it could harm Youngjae.

It would be Youngjae's first time to be on his bike.

He bet he would be on it more often from now on.

 

"Somewhere I think you're gonna like."

 

 

 

 

******

 

 

 

Youngjae hears the sound of bell and his sensitive skin reacts to the change of temperature, warmth radiating slowly against his cold skin.

"Daehyun, where are we?" he asked as Daehyun pushed him from the back. He pouts as Daehyun ignores his question, talking to someone else instead. He could hear an unfamiliar voice talking with Daehyun. Something along 'you can look around and tell me if you want one' could be heard.

He frowns, his hand searching for something, anything could enlighten him what kind of place it is, but all he could feel is air. He hesitantly takes a step forward, still finds nothing he could reach to hold or touch. He doesn't like new places he's unfamiliar with but he decides it's better if he just stand there and wait. Daehyun would tell him where they are soon, anyway.

 

He flinches when someone tugs his arm, sighing in relief when Daehyun mutters an apology. He stops when he hears lots of noises, he knows them. Pets? He guesses. The thoughts excites him.

 

"Come on," he nods and continues his steps.

As they walk further, the sounds goes louder and clearer. Youngjae is unconsciously rushes his steps, causing Daehyun to laugh at the younger's acts. "Daehyun, where are weee?", he whines, he asks even though he thinks he knows where they are at the moment.

 

"An animal shelter. We're just gonna look around and play with some of them. Is that okay to you?"

Daehyun's friend who is following them in case they need him to open some cages or introduce his babies to them, grimancing at the sight. His friend looking so in love it's so painful to watch. He kicks the back of Daehyun's knee, guffaws when Daehyun is about to lose his control and swearing at him.

 

A white pomeranian and an orange sable one runs around the room. Daehyun immediately wants to pat them and adopt them but his friend stops him for doing so.

"They're mine, bastard. Get every other ones but them."

Daehyun hissed "Language, . I thought you said I could take any one I want!"

His friend looks at him disbelief, eyes looking like they're gonna pops out. "You watch your own language first! Any one but mine, okay. I made it clear just minutes ago!"

Meanwhile Youngjae shakes his head at the two bickering adults, listening at every single swearing words they let out. The way the sweet-guy-Jung-Daehyun swears amazes him.

Youngjae feels something caressing his jeans, he carefully crouches to touch it, hands searching for them and accidentally slapping the furred pet.

"Oops.. Sorry, buddy. Hi there!" He pats them, receives in return.

 

Once in a while, he and his family visitted his aunt's house, and she had a dog named Winnie, she was always the first thing he called when he entered his aunt's house. Without even greeted his aunt first.

He has always wanted a dog, and the thought of having one sounds really good.

 

"Daehyun!" Youngjae's voice breaking the two friends argument. Daehyun's annoyed expression turns to soft in an instant as he joins the younger patting the puppy. Daehyun's friend sighs, relaxing his stomach to not throw whatever inside it up. He needs to get used with this whipped guy's disgusting behaviour.


"Can I have it?" Daehyun wants to just say yes as Youngjae asks him, but there are possibilities he should think first.

"You can. But you have to tell your parents first, okay? We can't just adopt it like that without your parents approval,"

Youngjae makes a sad face, bitting his lips as he thinks. "But they will love the puppy, I promise!"

Daehyun shakes his head, "No. You still have to tell them first. We can get the puppy as soon as your parents agree, alright?", smiling softly as Youngjae's face gets even sadder before he sighs defeatedly.

"Alright.."

 

He gets up alone, letting Youngjae pats and hugs the puppy, still with that sad face.

He faces his friend. "What's with your face?" He asks as his friend throws both amazed and disgusted face at him. "Nothing."

Daehyun glares at him but letting it pass. His friend hasn't changed one bit, that personality is totally pisses him off. But that was also the reason why they could be friends for such a long time, not like some of his boring friends he doesn't even remember the names.

 

"Keep the puppy for me. Don't let anyone have it. Understand?"

"Yes, sir."

Daehyun rolls his eyes as his friend bows at him formally.

"Oh, Daehyun. Before I forget to tell you, the puppy is a boy, 2 months old golden retriever, I named him Buzz but I guess your little friend right there would want to change it soon. Make sure he knows how to pet a dog or I will kill you. Done."

 

 

 

 

******

 

 

 

"Coco is growing so fast, isn't he? I could feel he gets bigger and bigger in my arms! This morning, he ate my sausages and ran away! I can't chase him because I can't see him! Mom said he destroyed our little garden too! But Coco felt sorry so he jumped to my mom but he got scolded more because he dirtied her shirt! Mom weeped because she only had a day off this week but she spent it nagging at Coco and fixing the garden! Mom told Himchan to help but he came to play with me and Coco instead."

 

Daehyun, as much as he loves it, gets a bit irritated at the younger's endless talk. With Coco barking every now and then as if he's agreeing all Youngjae says.

They are on the way back to Youngjae's house after spending a day walking around at the pet park close to his friend's animal shelter. The younger was excitedly blabering about Coco this, Coco that, Coco did this, Coco did that, and was happy when Daehyun told him Coco had new friends. He patted every single pets he found, telling them how nice and fluffy they were. Even the other pet owners was amused by his odd yet adorable behaviour.

​​​​​​He looks at the walking puppy between them, and then at Youngjae. It's only been a month yet the puppy has grown this much!? Is that normal? Is a golden retriever really grows this fast? He would have to ask his friend about this.

 

"And you know what, Daehyun? Himchan is a part-timer! He's working, all this time! He was just afraid Mom and Dad didn't allow him! God, I thought he had a gold digger girlfriend or something! Why didn't he tell me? That way, I wouldn't have felt sad because I thought he didn't want to spend a time with me again because I'm annoying. But now he plays with me whenever he has time! He stopped bringing me to the playground, I was sad because that way I can't see you again but then you suddenly come to my home! How did you know my home? Daehyun? Daehyun!"

 

He yanks their intertwined hands, tugging Youngjae when the said boy keeps on walking and about to skip his house, they enters the younger's slightly destroyed garden. His forhead twitches and he feels a headache coming but nonetheless, he was smiling. Ignoring Youngjae in purpose, he chuckles when he sees a pout forming on his lips.
He leans closer to plant a kiss on the plump lips.

"Happy birthday", he kisses Youngjae again, this time much longer with tongue and lips nibbling at the parted lips.

 

The kiss is enough to send Youngjae's soul fly away. He isn't that fool to not know what the thing Daehyun placed on his lips is and what Daehyun has done to him. He gulps, his throat dry when Daehyun's lips isn't on his anymore. He gaped..


"Mom! Call the police!" he jokes, since his mother isn't even home at the moment. Coco is barking because he doesn't get a kiss.

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

FIN! WOOHOO

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


​​FINALLY! AFTER 14 MONTHS!!! I MADE THE SEQUEL! I'M CRYING

This is 100% different from what I had wanted the sequel to be. But then again, my imagination and my writings are never been in sync.
I hope this won't disappont you T___T
Don't expect too much from me, you know. I'm hopeless T____T <3