Two.

Undying Glory [discontinued for now]

The outside world is dull and gray. Woohyun hasn’t stopped missing Acirema since he returned to Aisaru. Rolling his eyes at his own disloyalty - in a different time, he might have been executed for treason - Woohyun sits down in front of his computer. His heartbeat quickens, and he closes his eyes, letting out a long breath. Then, slowly, he opens a private browsing window and types in the words ‘dark magic’.

It’s not the first time he’s searched for ways to obtain dark magic. In fact, the moment he returned from vacation, Woohyun had already made up his mind to somehow, someway, gather enough courage to learn dark magic.

It hadn’t been hard; all he had to do was open a few private browsing windows, run a search for dark magic, and click on the links that popped up. It’s been two weeks since he started learning, and Woohyun thinks he knows enough to show off to his friends now. That’s why, when the doorbell rings, Woohyun closes his computer and rushes to greet Howon and Myungsoo, who whirl into his room.

“What’s the occasion?” Howon asks, casually flopping down onto Woohyun’s couch. “Not like you have a lot of reason to invite us over.” Myungsoo sits down, more carefully, on the ground. Woohyun winks, puts a finger to his lips, and locks the door. Howon’s eyebrows shoot up, and Myungsoo’s eyebrows draw together.

“Woohyun,” he says worriedly, reaching out for his boyfriend’s hand. “Are you okay? Did something happen? You’ve been pushing us away lately.”

“I’m fine!” Impatient, Woohyun brushes off Myungsoo’s concern, missing the flash of hurt in Myungsoo’s eyes. Noticing this, Howon coughs quietly. “I wanted to show you two something!”

“Oh?” Howon sits up, straightening his back. “Show us, then. What are you waiting for?” He glances at Myungsoo, whose lips are twisted slightly to the side, mostly likely from Woohyun’s detachment a few seconds ago.

Woohyun, however, doesn’t seem to realize. “Look at this!” he exclaims excitedly, throwing himself down beside Myungsoo. He holds out his hand - Myungsoo and Howon focus on it - and takes a deep breath. A buzzing noise fills the air, gradually growing louder and louder, echoing off the walls - Howon covers his ears - until finally, with a snap, a of flame appears on the palm of Woohyun’s hand.

The fire is golden, glowing with power, and Howon recoils, shielding his eyes with his hands. “It’s so hot,” he mutters, crossing his arms. Myungsoo, on the other hand, seizes Woohyun’s wrist and pulls it close to his face. Expressions of wonder, joy, and relief flash within his eyes, and Woohyun sees tears rolling down his cheeks.

“You got it!” he cries shakily, jets of water spurting uncontrollably from the tips of his fingers. “You finally got it!” A flume of water lands directly on Woohyun’s hand, but oddly enough, the fire does not go out. Myungsoo, however, seems to be beyond caring. “You can go to school with us!”

“Idiot,” Howon snorts, wiping droplets of water from his face. “He was always going to go to school with us. When did you get it?” he asks, directing his words towards Woohyun. “I’ve never seen golden fire before. Are you sure you didn’t get it long before and, I don’t know, hone the power to impress us?”

Woohyun laughs, closing his fingers around the fire, snuffing it out. “I wouldn’t hide this,” he tells him, twisting his wrist to conjure a flaming flower. “Besides, you know I would never give up the chance to gloat about beating you.”

Howon rolls his eyes but does not deny the fact. Myungsoo laughs shakily, grabbing one of Woohyun’s shirts scattered on the floor to wipe up the water. Woohyun flops down, resting his head on Myungsoo’s legs, and Howon sends them a disgusted look.

“Woohyun,” he says slowly. Woohyun looks up, humming in curiosity. “How did you get your power right after the vacation?”

Myungsoo seems to come to a sudden realization, and he turns to Woohyun, a shocked expression on his face. Woohyun shakes his head quickly, dismissing the idea with an incredulous snort. “How could I?” he asks, shuddering. “Actually, that experience made me not want to get my powers. I guess it just scared me a lot, and that was when life decided I was ready?”

Woohyun knows that Howon was worried about his brief period of possession. Well, he’s not entirely wrong, he thinks a bit guiltily. “Show me what you can do!” he exclaims, distracting himself and his friends. “I know I’ve been an about your powers before, but now that I have mine, I’m not jealous anymore, so please? Let me see?”

Myungsoo and Howon exchange a glance; Woohyun’s heart nearly stops in anticipation. Myungsoo nods rapidly, and with a sigh, Howon gives in too. “Don’t regret it,” he warns, holding out a hand, fingers outstretched. Woohyun grins as the shadows under his bed begin to slither out, attracted to Howon’s fingertips. He reaches down, takes a handful of shadow, and kneads the darkness in his hand. The shadows ooze through his fingers, dark and slick, and Woohyun sees an alarming flash of color within the inky blackness.

“Howon!” Woohyun warns, horrified. “That thing’s alive!” He bolts up, but his friend seems nonchalant, barely sparing a glance at the shadows.

“Of course it is,” he says, raising an eyebrow. “All substances are, including your fire. We, as elemental magic users, must learn to care of our substances and how to properly utilize the energy they lend us.”

“Wait, really?” Woohyun feels stupid; he hadn’t known that before and now feels guilty for all the reckless times he tested out his newfound power. “Then what about mind magic?”

Howon pauses. “I can ask my brother,” he offers, shrugging. “I bet he knows more than I do.”

“Your brother is non-magical, Howon.” Myungsoo cringes at Woohyun’s matter-of-fact tone of voice, but Howon just rolls his eyes.

“I know that,” he retorts, crossing his arms, “but he knows more about magic than any other person I know, so unless you want to go find out on your own…”

“I wasn’t saying that, though.” Woohyun sits up, feeling offended. How could Howon accuse him of insulting his brother? He was just saying that he wasn’t magical; that’s fact, and there’s no harm in speaking the truth. “I was just saying the truth.”

“I know you were.” Howon seems to be having trouble keeping his voice steady. “I’m not blaming you for that, or anything. I’m not trying to say anything at all.”

Evidently sensing danger, Myungsoo steps between the two. “Okay, guys,” he exclaims with false cheer. “Anyone up for a game of Unmapped? My house?”

“No thanks.” Howon gets up, suddenly very calm. “My parents want me home by four.”

“Sure, Myungsoo.” Relieved for the break in tension, Woohyun grabs Myungsoo’s hand and smiles. “We don’t have to go to your place since I have it. Sorry for getting so pissy, Howon.”

Howon shrugs, running his fingers through his hair. “It’s fine. I was too sensitive, too. You two have fun, and don’t do anything stupid.”

Howon smirks as he leaves the room, closing the door behind him, and Woohyun smirks. “Wow,” he marvels, shaking his head in admiration. “How did he know exactly what I want?”

“And what,” Myungsoo breathes, tilting his head back to look at Woohyun, who moves forward to sit on his legs, “do you want?”

Woohyun presses himself flush against Myungsoo’s chest, looking down into glassy eyes. “I think,” he murmurs, trailing open-mouthed kisses down Myungsoo’s jawline, “I think you know.”


omg I'm so sorry this was so late ;;; I completely underestimated junior year kvfugvxdmfv but yeah!! I hope yall liked the Woosoo, and can yall guess who the brother is? What's this school they're talking about? All will be revealed in the next chapter (or two)! Love yall~~