Chapter One- How it all started

Rewind

Us when we were First Years

As cliche as it sounds, in my High School there were 2 males that girls swooned over. One was nicknamed the Black Prince and the other was nicknamed the White Prince. The Black Prince was your typical "bad boy" character who was secretly caring; but only to those he cared about. The White Prince on the otherhand, was a cheerful, friendly, outgoing guy. The me back then had a small crush on the White Prince. Everything he did would make my heart flutter; whether it be us having eye contact or simply working together in a group project. Except that i knew that he was impossible to reach for.

Although the me back then had a crush on the White Prince, little did i know that i would become so involved with the Black Prince instead. The Black Prince (Taehyung) was reknowned to lose his temper easily. People were not only scared of him, but they also shunned and avoided him. Thus, apart from the people in our class,he did not have many friends. I used to be terrified too; until I saw him falling in love with another female classmate. I watched as this menacing male's face turned gentle whenever he stared at her, i watched as he would act clumsily whenever he interacted with her and how his face would turn bright red whenever they talked. Soon, I was no longer afraid of him and instead, found myself observing him with pure curiousity.

Most of our class liked to sit in a huge group and eat together during lunches. Whenever we did, we would try to get Taehyung to sit with the person he liked--Na Young. Secretly, i too hoped that White Prince would sit next to me and so, i would often leave a bit of a gap whenever we sat together in a circle. This tactic often worked and as i heard the familiar footsteps coming up from behind me, i shuffled to make more space.

"Chae Rin, how are you today?" Jungkook's husky voice suddenly entered my ears.
As I took time to process what he said, I nervously stammered,"G-good thank you."
And before I was able to stop my nervousness, he smiled as bright as the sunshine and replied,"Thats good to know."

As I blush nervously and looked down, I replayed what had just happened in my head. Caught up in the moment, I did not notice that Taehyung had seen the whole exchange and was looking very curiously at us.
And that was when it all began.