Raining

Life has only one chance... But I would give it up for you. (oneshot)

 

Kyuhyun stares into the never ending rain as the silihoutte of Sungmin gets further and disappears. 

"Why? Was I not good enough for you?" He thinks despairingly.

Sungmin had broken up with him, claiming he doesn't want to see him anymore. No reason, just like that.

"Maybe it was never meant to be..."

 

 

Several years later, as Kyuhyun goes off to study overseas, he receives a call from Donghae. 

"Kyuhyun!! You have got to come over here NOW! It involves Sungmin!"

Kyuhyun slammed down the phone and packed up as quick as he could and booked the next flight to Seoul.

 

"Last call for flight to Seoul, Korea, gate 14."

He dashed and made it in time as the gate was closing.

Once he was in the plane, he tapped on the armrest incessantly.

"Sir, can you please stop doing that?"

Startled from his thoughts by a man sitting next to him, he muttered a "sorry" and stopped.

 

He was thinking, about the day Sungmin left him, the day fate decided to crush his heart.

He realised, he still had deep feelings for Sungmin.

On that day, he was going to propose, but Sungmin broke up first.

Immersed in his thoughts, he did not realise that sleep was overwhelming him and he soon fell asleep.

 

"We are landing in Seoul, Korea. Please fasten your seatbelts." The captain's voice boomed, waking Kyuhyun up from his snooze.

Once he was off the plane, he rushed to where Donghae lived. Donghae was already waiting for him there.

"Hyung, what happened?"

"Sungmin is dead."

 

Every single word struck Kyuhyun like daggers. His voice shook.

"How?"

"He died of lung cancer. He passed me a note before he died. Read it."

 

Dear Kyuhyun,

I'm sorry I didn't get to spend my life with you. I had known when I broke up with you, which is the reason.

I loved every single moment I spent with you, and to see you crying was like shards of ice were piercing me.

I'm sorry, once again, and you must promise me to stay on this Earth as long as you can.

I will always be watching over you, and I will always be with you.

I'm sorry.

Sungmin

 

Kyuhyun shook with grief and he crumpled up the note.

"You fool, I would just want to be with you, didn't you know that? Even if it was just for one day..."

Donghae said, "do you want to see his grave?"

Kyuhyun let himself be led, and saw everyone else of his friends there.

Eunhyuk, Ryeowook, Siwon, Leeteuk, Sungmin, Shindong, Kangin, Hangeng and everyone else.

 

But the person who was crying most, was himself.

 

He stood on the rooftop of a flat.

"I'm sorry for not listening to you, Sungmin, but I can't live without knowing that I will see you on this Earth."

And with that, he took his last step forward.