Meeting Again

'It's such a shame.'
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ding! Ding! Ding!

Jungkook groaned, covering his ears with his pillow to block out the doorbell ringing throughout his apartment. When he decided that the person outside won’t stop ringing the doorbell until he opens the door, he begrudgingly got up from his bed and made his way to the door of his apartment.

When he swung the door open, he was greeted by a bright, boxy smile and enveloped in a warm – and bone-crushing – hug.

“…T-Tae hyung, why are you here so early?” the younger sleepily asks, his hand making it to the small of Tae’s back.

Taehyung releases him, his boxy grin still on his handsome face. “What do you mean ‘early’? Kookie, it’s 2 in the afternoon. Anyway, get dressed. I’m taking you to meet my absolutely adorable boyfriend and, of course, Jin hyung’s boyfriend and other friends.”

Being a freshman in college meant Jungkook had no friends, only acquaintances (he wondered how Yugyeom from his batch was able to make friends easily). Taehyung approached him on his first day, showing him around campus and hanging out with him.

Since then, Taehyung and Jungkook have been friends, and Taehyung really wanted Jungkook to expand his social circle by introducing him to his best friends. They had both decided last week that this Saturday was a good day to hang out with Taehyung and his squad.

“…Hold on, that was today?” Jungkook asks, his eyes going wide, “I thought that was tomorrow?”

The tanned male laughs heartily. “, Kookie, what happened last night? You seem really out of it.”

The brown-haired male looks down sheepishly, avoiding the blonde’s amused gaze. “…I was up really late finishing my work for basic photography class…”

Taehyung just chuckles. “Y’know, Kookie, I bet that stuff isn’t due ‘til next week.”

“It is, I just wanted to finish early so I have no homework over the weekend…”

The blonde once again embraces the younger and ruffles his soft brown hair. “My little bunny Kookie is so cute! Now, get dressed; I can’t wait for you to meet them, and they also can’t wait to meet you!”

“Yes, hyung, okay, just let me go and I’ll get ready!” Jungkook laughs.

Taehyung laughs as well and lets go of the younger, allowing him to get ready as Taehyung sat on his sofa.

 [Rosette’s Café; 45 minutes later]

“Hyung, I’m nervous, what if they don’t like me? What if I say the wrong thing and embarrass you? What if-“

Taehyung wraps his hand around Jungkook’s, squeezing gently to reassure him. “Don’t worry, Kookie. The hyungs will like you, I’m sure of it! How can they not like somebody as adorable as you? Also, don’t be put off by my boyfriend okay? He's just like that at first, but he’s a real softie.”

Jungkook smiles gently at the tanned male. “You really love him, don’t you, hyung?”

“Of course! He’s my world!” Taehyung beams happily, and Jungkook could swear that his brown eyes were sparkling.

He let go of Taehyung’s hand to playfully nudge his shoulder. “Yah, Tae hyung, that’s so cheesy.”

“That’s what love does to you.”

A tall, broad-shouldered male approached the duo with a smile on his perfectly handsome face. Jungkook couldn’t believe this beautiful, ethereal being was real and in front of them.

“Tae! You’re here!” he greets the older, embracing him before turning to Jungkook. Jungkook could feel his brain short circuiting and his palms sweating.

“You must be Jungkook! Nice to meet you, I’m Seokjin, Taehyung’s older brother. Just call me Jin hyung.” He says, offering a hand to Jungkook.

Jungkook gives a shy smile but shakes Jin’s hand firmly. He couldn’t believe Taehyung’s older brother was the Kim Seokjin, legendary performing arts major that everyone talked about in his batch.

He and some fellow batchmates watched a clip of some of the plays Jin starred in, and also some photos where Jin was the model. He seriously wanted to do a photoshoot with the guy. He managed to make even the simplest clothing ensemble look good, much like Taehyung. No wonder they’re brothers.

“It’s nice to meet you too, Jin hyung.” He says, trying not to go into a ramble of how much he looks up to him.

“Come, let’s go sit down while we wait for two others.” Jin says, leading the duo to a booth near the back of the café.

Taehyung suddenly lets out a small squeal before sitting down next to a pale male inside the booth. He wraps his arms around

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter