ACT I.- The Dance

Rebel Act
Please log in to read the full chapter

II

El Baile de los Pobres

¤

Jiyong looked at the mirror in front of him, as he finished shaving the beard he had grown from a few days ago, he took off the earring that hung from his left ear, to finally accommodate his dark brown hair, now short enough, which would make him pass for a "decent" man under the standards of rich and powerful people. Today would be "the party" and he had to be presentable, as if he was working in the press and not a rebel in search of justice, he needed to go unnoticed and look like someone harmless.

He arrived at the place, with the identification that they had been given him, because it was the only way to enter the event of such magnitude, luckily he knew people in the press, who was on their side and was willing to help them, so talking with some of them, they let Jiyong take his place at the event, without thinking twice. Having to go through several entrances, because, it was rather "luxurious" and absurdly "exclusive", as it could be a party to announce to the world that you were rich enough and "altruistic" to donate to the most needy, Jiyong mockery mentally, while he let them check him for the thousandth time in less than ten minutes.

Security was not a joke and that's why they needed to get the support of someone like Lee Seunghyun, someone who could give them full and unlimited access. All the people there were dressed in clothes that easily cost thousands of dollars and that would probably only be used once, observed Jiyong, as he walked through the enormous room, carefully decorated with flowers and steamy screens of light and pastels, colors. Then he see him, holding a glass of champagne, surrounded by so many rich people and reporters, who listened attentively, as if he were a kind of prophet, slowly he came, with his eyes on him. Lee Seunghyun wore an ivory suit, made perfectly to his measure, with some gold trim and a bright magazine smile, like those that no matter if they were feigned or not, you believed them anyway, his platinum hair was arranged so that some strands of hair fell sideways, and his arm surrounded a woman in a red-trimmed dress, Jiyong supposed then, that all that mattered was his image, for it was the only thing he could appreciate.

—A war is a an intermediate necessary to demonstrate what we are capable of, and how strong we are as a nation.— Jiyong heard the president's son say surely, not flinching or blinking, convinced of his own words, almost making him snort. —We need this war.— Jiyong's eyes narrowed, as he achieving his mission of being few meters away from the man, who looked at no one in particular, like a celebrity.

—Wars are not a game— Jiyong said calmly, even though inside he wanted to shout, everyone turned to see him because of his unexpected participation —And less, if we have all to lose, in fact our country is not in the best conditions to participate in a war, not even in a guerrilla— Continued before the look of surprise of the present and the same Seunghyun who raised an eyebrow even though he smiled again.

—We have the best weapons, we have the best strategies and the sense of fight of our people— Jiyong almost jumped at the use of "our people" clearly he had no idea what he was talking about and his patience was running out —It is a good combination, my father knows perfectly what he does— Jiyong almost wanted to laugh in his face for that irony.

—The statistics say we have over fifty percent of the population in extreme poverty, and if I'm not mistaken, is it the same people you plan to send to the battlefield, or does your father plan to go to war on his own?— He try to keep still, while carefully saying his words, Seunghyun seemed to be speechless for a second, reflecting on what he had just said —Our weapons can't be compared with those of other nations, our models are old and obsolete— Continued -—Then with no good soldiers or weapons, how do you intend to make us win?— He could feel the eyes of the president's son staring at him deeply, analyzing him completely, but Jiyong didn't let himself be undisturbed or moved, his eyes met his, after all that was his goal, that Lee Seunghyun would see him and nothing more than him.

—Your points are interesting ...— He waved his hand to ask his name.

—Jung Taemin— He answered with the first name that crossed his mind.

—Mr. Jung and I can clearly see your concerns— Seunghyun put his glass in the hands of the woman beside him and motioned for him to follow. —But I can assure you that you are despising our own abilities and power, going to war is not something to be decided from one day to another, in fact, we are still preparing for it— Jiyong walked to his side, as they made their way through the big room and walked to a giant wooden door that began to open the servants of the palace —It is strange that being this a charity party, I has to show something that is clearly political— Seunghyun says, still looked at him with his magazine smile

—I thought you were looking for the opportunity to do it, you started with this subject— Jiyong commented casually, Seunghyun laughed softly.

—Mr. Jung, you're an interesting person, what newspaper, magazine or channel do you claim to be?— He ask back, Jiyong smiled sideways.

—The Earth— He spoke, without looking at him, but he could hear beside him as Seunghyun, hummed in response, though he said nothing else.

They walked down a long corridor until they came up with stairs that took them to an underground room, quite large, where you could see equipment and weapons of all kinds, weapons that Jiyong had never seen, some seemed to be very new. In that they were spending their money? He couldn't help feeling the anger inside him grow uncomfortable, his eyes wandered around the room, feeling really impotent, as if they had just ridiculed the whole country.

—As you can see, we are investing in improving our equipment, soon we will start recruiting people that we will take to special academies to train them, to be able to fight and defend themselves on the battlefields— Jiyong listen to him in disbelief, which people they would recruit? Seunghyun smiled proudly, Jiyong felt that he had just been spit in the face.

—I see— He said through clenched teeth, he could hear as all those who had accompanied them began to speak, looking surprised and happy by the news, almost clapping, camera flashes were now, listen, but Jiyong on his own, did not have nothing more to comment, he look at Lee Seunghyun, staring, feeling that time was running out, he seemed so sure of what he was talking about, truly believing it was "right" to send his country to war, how Jiyong could fight against that? Things became complicated again, clearly Seunghyun as everyone here in this ridiculous room, were blinded by the lies of Lee Dong Gun. He suddenly felt suffocated, with small drops of sweat that began to form on his forehead, without caring anything else, he left, he needed to create a plan b, he needed to do something else, he walked quickly on his steps, where they had come.

—Mr. Jung.—He heard someone say behind his back, almost immediately recognizing the voice of Seunghyun, who seemed to try to catch him. —Mr. Jung— He felt Seunghyun hold his arm, making him stop, Jiyong turned to look at him.

—Do you need something?— Jiyong asked, staring at him.

—It's just that you left so suddenly and in the middle of an interesting conversation— Then Jiyong noticed, Seunghyun's eyes gleamed with interest, with genuine interest, it seemed that Lee Dong Gun's son had liked him in a personal way, so then he smiled and could see that his lips were now settling in a flirtatious gesture, perhaps not everything was lost.

—Is that so? I thought it was all over the moment you showed me I was wrong— Seunghyun didn't let go his grip, instead he moved closer to him, enough so that he could smell his expensive cologne. Jiyong had thought that perhaps he would have to seduce the son of the president, didn't think that would be end the other form.

—Those were never my intentions, Mr. Jung, I'm sorry that I was misunderstood— He could see now that Seunghyun was only a little taller than he, and, even had dark cir

Please log in to read the full chapter