Joke

Totally Not Interested in the Basketball Team Captain

 

She closed her eyes hard and hugged her pillow, rolling and tossing around on her bed.

What just happened?!

Tzuyu couldn’t stop thinking about it, as Momo’s words also looped in her head. She likes you, of course.

Could she really? She wouldn’t want to kiss her if she didn’t, right?

But wait… KISS?!

They could have kissed if Tzuyu wasn’t a big coward!

No, but Tzuyu didn’t want to kiss her.

Did she?

She had thought about that before… A couple times… times ten…

Maybe she was just curious. Maybe Chaeyoung was just teasing her. She wouldn’t go that far just to , would she?

She grabbed her phone and scrolled to Momo’s number. Was she out of her mind? She would never tell her what happened!

Tzuyu let out a loud and frustrated groan. She was going insane, that was for sure.

The sound of a knock on the door made her sit on the bed and look towards it like she wanted to kill it. Destroy it, whatever.

“WHAT?!”

The door opened to reveal the person she'd least expect to be there. 

“C-Chae?! How did you get in?” In the middle of the hundreds of questions she had, that was the first she could ask.

“Your mother opened the door. Can I?”

Tzuyu frowned.

“Mom? Since when is my Mom home?”

“Who knows. Will you let me in or not?”

“Y-Yes.”

Tzuyu got up, fixing her messy clothes while Chaeyoung stepped in and closed the door. She turned to Tzuyu and met her eyes.

“What... are you doing here?”

“Are you that unhappy to see me? Well, since you left in a hurry, you forgot your jacket.” Chaeyoung handed it to her, taking a big step closer.

“Oh… You didn’t need to come here just to give it to me. But thank you, Chae.”

Tzuyu grabbed her jacket and turned to hang it on her chair. When she turned again, Chaeyoung was already way too close to her, grabbing her arms and pushing her back until her hit the desk.

“And... We have some unfinished business, don’t you think?” Chaeyoung's whisper came out husky, making Tzuyu wobbly on her knees.

Even though Chaeyoung was a head smaller than Tzuyu, she was much stronger. Sports.

Chaeyoung stood on her toes so she could approach her face, but it still wasn’t enough. Tzuyu kept on leaning back, trying to run away from the fate she knew she couldn’t escape for much longer.

The smaller girl hissed in frustration and gently placed her hands on either side of Tzuyu's neck.

“Come on, don't you want it too-“

Chaeyoung had to let go of Tzuyu when a knock on the door echoed in the room. She stood beside Tzuyu, just in time for her mother to open the door and step in.

“Girls, you want something? Tea, sandwiches…?”

“N-No mom, we’re fine. Aren't we, Chae?”

Chaeyoung nodded furiously, scratching the back of her neck. Tzuyu's mother raised an eyebrow, her eyes switching between the two awkward girls.

“You’re a bit red, are you feeling okay, honey?” Her mother asked.

“Yes! It’s just… a bit hot. In fact, I was about to open the window.”

“Okay, I’m gonna leave you two alone then. I’ll be downstairs if you need something.” 

Tzuyu hummed, nodding, while her mother slowly closed the door. They stayed still for a few seconds.

“It’s a bit hot, uhm?” Chaeyoung teased.

“Well, whatever, Chae, you win. Just finish what you started.” Tzuyu hissed, being the one now to grab on Chaeyoung's neck, pulling her closer to her body, trapping herself between her and the desk.

Tzuyu knew she had lost yet another battle. She totally gave up on trying to fight back when she let Chaeyoung snake her hands around her waist to pull her closer. But of course Chaeyoung wouldn't be herself if she wouldn't tease Tzuyu a bit more, so she stopped impossibly close to her lips.

“That kind of roughness really suits you. I kinda love it.” Chaeyoung whispered, closing her eyes, just before she pulled Tzuyu and let her taste the lips she had been dying to taste for so long.

The nails on her neck and Chayoung's lips made Tzuyu's stop thinking about anything else but the sensation on her lips. But her body seemed to know every move it had to make. She let go of her collar, and instead, let her hands find its way to Chaeyoung's lower back to pull her closer, if that was even possible.

Just when Tzuyu parted her lips, allowing Chaeyoung to deepen the kiss, the latter pulled back.

“I guess we’ll need to finish it some other day.”

She pecked Tzuyu's lips one more time and took a step back. Smiling at her, Chaeyoung left the room.

---

Tzuyu was going insane. She couldn’t keep up with her.

Who the did she think she was to kiss her and leave her when she needed her so desperately?!

Chaeyoung was the one who made Tzuyu so vulnerable, and then she took advantage of it and even played her again? It wasn't fair.

Tzuyu felt like she needed to tell someone, to just let out all the frustration she had in her heart and scream. Would she exchange her pride for it, and tell Momo?

No. She was Zhou Tzuyu. She didn’t let things like that get to her. She would confront Chaeyoung in the next day, and this time, she wasn’t going to be defeated. She wasn’t going to let her heart speak louder or her knees tremble with her presence.

No matter what Chaeyoung could do, Tzuyu was going to make sure she won the next battle.

---

Tzuyu sat down on her chair and buried her face on her arms. No matter what she did, the moments of the day before wouldn’t leave her mind. And the thing that made her the most frustrated was that she liked it. No, she loved it.

She wanted to hate Chaeyoung for doing that to her. But the truth was she wanted more. Tzuyu wanted Chaeyoung to kiss her again, deeper, and hold her even closer than she did. She wanted Chaeyoung to make her feel like she never felt before, and touch her like no one else ever did, and-

“Guess what.” A voice said, making Tzuyu raise her head and look to its source.

Momo had the biggest grin Tzuyu ever remembered seeing on her face.

“What?”

“You were right. And you’re really the best friend anyone can have. Thank you so much, Tzuyu.” Momo kissed her cheek.

Normally Tzuyu wouldn’t even let her do that, but it was actually cute.

“Mm, okay, you’re welcome, I guess?”

“You don’t really get it, do you?”

“No.”

“I kissed Mina.”

Tzuyu's eyebrows went high.

“And I confessed.”

“Are you finally dating now?”

“YES! YES TZUYU! Oh my God I’m so happy I just… I don’t know. I don’t remember being this happy. It’s all thanks to you.”

“Oh, I did nothing. Be proud of yourself.”

Momo's jaw dropped with a gasp as she hid it with her hands. She hugged Tzuyu despite the fact she hated it, but surprisingly, Tzuyu hugged her back.

“I love you so much, Tzuyu.”

“I love you a lot too, Momo.”

Momo pulled back and stared at her eyes in shock.

“Really? I almost got to the point when I don't believe you love me if you're not insulting me right after.”

Tzuyu laughed. She was really becoming softer since she met Chaeyoung.

---

Lunch break was hell itself. Mina and Momo were in their own world, either feeding each other or doing some other embarrassing early stage couple stuff. And that meant leaving Tzuyu alone with Chaeyoung.

If she was frustrated in the morning just by thinking about what happened, she was going overboard now. Because Chaeyoung acted like nothing happened. It was not like Tzuyu wanted her to do anything different, especially in the middle of the cafeteria, but she expected her to maybe talk about it? Crack a joke? Brag about her achievement? Look at her a bit differently? But nothing. And that was getting to Tzuyu's nerves, but she did her best to hide it well and play the same game.

Practice wasn’t going that bad. She managed to focus on actually improving her skills and her mind was always on the game. She was getting better with every practice, and that made her proud of herself.

But the feeling of ease ended along with the practice and the distraction it was. Tzuyu's ruminating mind made her inevitably more sluggish while changing in the locker room. So much that when she looked around, she found herself alone. Sighing, she looked back at her locker to place her stuff.

Or… She thought she was alone.

A smaller body lightly leaned against her back.

“You seem a bit off. Is there something… troubling you?” Chaeyoung had to whisper, her hands resting on Tzuyu's waist.

She had the nerve to ask Tzuyu if there was anything troubling her? She couldn’t be for real.

She promised herself she wouldn’t let Chaeyoung win this time. Gulping hard, Tzuyu turned and looked down at Chaeyoung's eyes, taking advantage of the height difference to sound more serious.

“What do you want, Chae?”

“You.”

But she was too weak. Both physically, when Chaeyoung touched her waist, and emotionally, because as soon as Chaeyoung grabbed her neck to erase any space between their lips, Tzuyu surrendered.

Because deep down, that was what she wanted, and she couldn’t say no to her deepest desires.

Tzuyu let her back rest against the locker to gain support, trying to keep up with the intensity of the kiss. She could feel Chaeyoung smiling into her lips. But why did it seem like Chaeyoung kept on teasing her? How dare she, when Tzuyu only made herself vulnerable to her time and time again? How could Chaeyoung not take her seriously when she let her melt into her?

Frustrated, and without interrupting their intense kiss, Tzuyu gripped on Chaeyoung's short and oh soft hair. Chaeyoung let out a hiss and unconsciously dug her nails deeper on Tzuyu's neck, and as a reaction, she pulled back, catching on her breath. Chaeyoung took advantage of the moment to go for her neck, leaving light kisses and bites here and there.

"Chaeyoung... No." Tzuyu affirmed, trying to stabilize her voice against the electricity Chaeyoung's lips on her neck were sending through her whole body.

"I thought you'd asked me to finish it." Chaeyoung whispered in her ear.

Tzuyu groaned in frustration and grabbed Chaeyoung's arms, so she could stop and look into her eyes.

"Why did you even start it?!"

Chaeyoung chuckled.

"Why do you keep laughing? Is this just a joke to you?! I can't stop myself from falling for you, and all you do is tease me and play me like? You made a mess out of me yesterday, you acted like nothing happened today and now you want me again?! I'm not your toy, Chae! You can't do whatever you want with me whenever you please and just leave me when you get tired of it."

"Wow, stop right there. I'm not playing with you Tzuyu." Chaeyoung looked serious all of a sudden. "I'm just... me. I'm a huge tease, and I never thought you'd think of it that way. I thought... it would make you more attracted to me... or something." 

Tzuyu was caught off guard when Chaeyoung stood on her toes to peck her lips.

"I can't get enough of you." She pecked her lips again. "I might have gone too far this time, so I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you." Another peck. "I was so sure you'd always wanted the same as me… I guess I got overconfident and didn't consider your feelings.” Chaeyoung ran her thumb in Tzuyu's lips.

Tzuyu let her eyes close, giving up once more. But now, for the first time, Chaeyoung was letting herself be vulnerable around her too, and it felt so right.

“I hate you Chae...” She whispered before letting Chaeyoung kiss her again.

But this time, the kiss was slow, gentle, and Tzuyu could feel something more rather than only desire and frustration.

Was it… Love? Was that how love tasted like? Could Chaeyoung taste the same?

Because it wasn’t only her lips that could taste it. Chaeyoung's touch was also gentle, her hands cupping her cheeks. Feeling her knees tremble, Tzuyu grabbed on Chaeyoung's arms, her hands slowly moving up all the way until they rested on her broad shoulders.

Chaeyoung pulled away and stared into Tzuyu's eyes for a few seconds.

“I love you too, Tzuyu. And I swear that's not a joke."

Tzuyu's wide eyes locked on Chaeyoung's, which were filled with longing and honesty. But she couldn't make send a single word through her lips. Was it panic? Yes, definitely. And what did she do when she panicked?

In a quick, sharp movement, Tzuyu grabbed her bags and darted past Chaeyoung out of the locker room, to however far her feet would take her.

---

A/N: who doesn't like a cliffhanger after such an intense scene? .......... keke *runs*