Chapter 22 - His Greatest Rival

Hearts Never Lie

 

JIYONG’s POV

 

 

After how many years of being an artist in my father’s agency, I finally took the chance and sat down as the EVP of Creatives of YG Entertainment. I was inside my office together with my secretary, Taeyeon when the intercom rang.

I was surprised when my Taehee, my manager turned personal assistant told me that Lee Donghae wanted to see me. I signalled Taeyeon to open the door and let Donghae go inside my office. He couldn’t fathom why is it that Donghae wanted to see him. He knew there isn’t any reason for them to see each other and talked, even when he and Dara were still dating back then, they made sure to each other that they hated each other’s guts. He knew from the moment they first met that he didn’t like him.

He couldn’t help but to feel annoyed when Donghae went inside his office. He walked like he owned the place. Dara is right when she told him then that Donghae is the most arrogant man alive. He still couldn’t explain why he still feels irritated at his mere presence.

Donghae turned his face to Taeyeon. “Get out. I don’t wanna see you,” he said in his cold tone.

“You get out,” I said in dangerous tone. He will not allow him to treat Taeyeon like that. He knew he wasn’t there to discuss business but he doesn’t have the right to talk to her like that. He was prepared to accept all the hate and anger because of what he did to Dara because it was unacceptable. It’s just that he didn’t want Taeyeon to be in the center of it all because she didn’t do anything. She didn’t deserve harsh treatment especially from Donghae.

Donghae sat down on one of the chairs across his table as if he didn’t hear anything. “Fine, let her stay here. It’s as if you wanted her to hear everything I will say to you. You should sort of know me by now, Kwon Jiyong. I always say what I want and I don’t care whoever hears it.”

He looked at him. He already knew his character based on Dara’s stories about him then. He looked at Taeyeon and signalled her to go out of his office. Taeyeon must have surprised to Donghae’s words and so she left right away.

“What do you really want, Donghae?” I asked him.

Donghae smiled and extended his right hand as if he wants to shake his hands. He accepted it while his eyebrows are furrowed. He was on guard though. He might have punched him without him knowing. He couldn’t understand what’s going on his mind. He didn’t do anything wrong. He just smiled and shook his hand.

“Thank you.” Donghae said.

He looked sincere and that made him more confused, “For what?” he confusedly asked.

“For letting Dara go. For giving me a chance.”

He was startled. He didn’t know where the feeling of a major protest from his heart came from. He shouldn’t be surprised because he knew deep in his heart, that Donghae feels something for Dara other than being a friend. Maybe that’s one of the reasons why he never liked him at first because he knew he will be his rival.

He doesn’t know what to react and what to feel towards him after that. He should be happy because Dara will now have someone in her life who will always be with her. If Donghae successfully helped Dara learn the business, he will also succeed in making Dara fall in love with him too. He will succeed because Dara is now a free woman.

But why is it that he doesn’t like the idea of it?

“Do you know when I saw Dara again after 10 years, I felt something inside me?” Donghae said. “I met a lot of beautiful and sophisticated ladies but she’s really different. She affected me in any way that no one can. After that, I vowed to myself that I will do anything for her to like me the same way I did. Then, me and her brother had a talk about her, her brother told me that Dara has someone in her life. When I saw her again after a year, I was very disappointed when I saw her wearing an engagement ring. Before she came back in my life, I couldn’t ask for more. I never had the feeling of something is lacking to my life, especially on material things. Hell! I don’t even have to work, but I still did. I don’t have anything more to prove to other people my worth. I had achieved so much already. Everything I wanted is easy for me to get.

“But when she came back in my life, I yearned for one thing. For three years, it was all what I dreamed off. Every day, I prayed to God hoping he would give it to me. There were times when I wanted to give up. I honestly thought that won’t happen anymore. I thought, a person can’t be that happy, you know. Not everything we wanted, we get. There are no exceptions. But you made my wish come true.”

Jiyong already knew his wish but he still wanted to hear it from him. “And that is?”

“That Dara will wear off her engagement ring. At last, you are no longer part of her life. You are the one who gave up on your relationship; you are the one who stopped loving her. You will never measure how happy I felt, Jiyong. She’s mine now.”

Suddenly, he couldn’t breathe. It’s as if someone kicked his stomach. He didn’t like everything he said to him. He knew he was being unfair to Dara. He knew she deserved to find another man that would love her. Donghae patiently waited for them to part ways. If it’s not great love, then he doesn’t know what to call it.

“I respected you, Jiyong,” he said. “Even if I don’t really like you, still, I respected you. I never took her away from you. I waited patiently and quietly. I never even showed her an ounce of what I felt towards her. You don’t know how hard it is to restraint the feeling, how painful it is to see that the woman you love, love someone else. I wanna ask you one thing though.”

“What?”

“Can you respect me, too?”

“What?”

Donghae arrogantly smirked. “Like what I said earlier, she’s mine now. I hope you’re happy with the woman you chose. I know you’re happy right now but I hope it’ll last. Love Taeyeon more than you loved Dara. Pour all of the love and energy you have to her. Don’t you ever come back to the things you left. You blew your chance and it’s my turn now. I waited for so long and I will never blow it. Stay where you are right now and don’t ever come back. Don’t even dare, Jiyong. That’s the kind of respect I wanted from you.”

He felt a lump on his throat. He wanted to punch his face right now, He hated him. “You have no right to say those things to me. How dare you!”

“For now, you are still the one Dara loves but eventually, she will love someone else and she will love that person more than she loved you. I’ll delete you in her heart until there’s no more love left for you. Thank you for time, GD.”

And with that, he left his office. He wanted to scream but he didn’t. He can’t explain why he’s so furious. He knew he has to feel otherwise but he can’t.  He knew he has to be happy for Dara because there’s a man who will pick up the pieces of her heart that he crushed. There’s a person who’s willing to stitch the wound he left her. But why is it that he doesn’t want Dara to stop loving him?

He was disgusted with himself.

 

He was still a selfish disgusting bastard.

 

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Author's Note:

Hi Chingus!!!! a head's up before taking you to Jiyong and Dara's memory lane. I read all your comments and Im sorry, I confused you all but I promised to enlighten you all hehehe

anyway, thank you for still reading this and thank you for anticipating the next chapters. 

i am such a lame author. 

but still,

love you all!!!!

 

P.S

 

pls feel free to comment, I love reading your comments my friends. mwah