BOY MEETS CHAOS

CHAOS PRINCE

Taeyong ripped the bag away from the danish, taking a big ugly bite out of the breakfast. His eyes trailed over to the coffee maker next to Minho. “How’s the coffee here?” He asked.

“Nasty, but it does the job.” Minho shurgged. “You don’t strike me as a coffee drinker, kid.”

“One. Don’t calll me kid. Two. I’m not.”

“More of an energy drink guy from what I’ve seen.”

“What you’ve seen?” Taeyong paused before the last bite of his food. He was starting to question if he should have eaten anything Minho gave him at all.

“Well, yeah, I’ve been watching you for a while now.” Minho started on two plastic cups of the coffee, his hands moving in an expert, almost robotic manner. Like he did this for a living. Even with his shades on, he still looked almost fathery then, a dry and firm line on his lips.

“Don’t say weird like that, I’m in highschool, I’ll get your arrested.” Taeyong warned, one brow higher than the other.

“I’m shaking in my Gucci boots.” Minho smirked. “They’re actually Gucci by the way, come take a look.”

Minho crossed the room with both cups, letting Taeyong choose between the two. One drink being much darker than the other.

“Say thank you.” Minho frowned when Taeyong practically snatched the lighter cup.

“No. And are you planning on explaining any of this  sometime time soon? Like, how I got chased by a hungry shadow last night or how I wound up here?” Taeyong sipped slow, unable to calm his lips down. The coffee was too hot to reall taste anyway.

“Are you ever going to shut up long enough for me to do it?”

“You know what, it, I don’t even care.” Taeyong kept the cup, headed for the door.

“You don’t have shoes or a shirt on, kid.”

“Did you undress me!?” Taeyong finally made the connection. “Oh now you’re totall going to jail!”

“You’re a Prince now, it’s my job to do things like that for you. Clean you up, bring you food. Save your pathetic life.” Minho leaned fashionably on the tv stand, his ankles crossed to show the designer’s name on both patent boots. The shine from the shoes nearly blinded Taeyong.

“A Prince? Don’t make me gag with that weirdo .” Taeyong spat.

“Trust me, Lee Taeyong, if it was up to me, I’d choose a different Prince to protect, but it’s not up to me and it’s really not up to you either. So sit down, eat another danish and listen to me.”

Taeyong bit his lip in frustration. Who the hell was this guy to boss him around? Saving his life wasn’t even that great, Taeyong hadn’t been afraid to die, he just hadn’t wanted to die THAT way.

“Peach or raspberry?” Minho asked.

“....peach.” Taeyong grunted, snatching the office chair from the corner of the room. He plopped down, refusing to look Minho right in the face. Not that he could if he wanted. Minho’s shades were like two windows to the night sky, void of stars and moonlight. Just a blanket of black, a wall of nothing.

“Here.” Minho chucked the danish at Taeyong’s face. The younger boy caught the flying pastry between two fingers, cutting a sharp look back at Minho. “Say thank you.” Minho said.

“After you almost took my eye out? Hell no.”

“For me saving your life.”

“You said it was your job. Last time I checked, cops don’t get thanked for arresting bad guys.”

“I’m hardly a cop.”

“More of a ert, I know.”

“What!”

“You said it yourself, you’ve been watching me for a while. You think that is cute? I’m freaked out.”

“I’ve been watching you to make sure you didn’t die or try to kill yourself, idiot!” Minho’s voice grew. There still wasn’t any trace of real anger there, just more emotion. “Your body doesn’t belong to just you anymore, Taeyong.”

“Stop saying weirdo like that! Say exactly what you mean so I can laugh in your face and then go.”

“I’m from a seperate dimension than the one you and I are currently speaking in. The Chaos Dimension, where the Chaos Prince rules.” Minho folded his arms tight, dropping the shades down to his nose with one small head tilt.

Taeyong’s fingers froze just before popping the danish open. He just shook his head, a goofy grin on his lips.

“After what you witnessed last night, you still believe what I’m syaing is crazy?”

“I dunno, man, I’m just tryna eat this danish and go home.”

“To kill yourself?”

“I’m not suicidal, stop it!” Taeyong snapped, ripping the bag apart. The danish went flying. “!”

“Suicidal or not, the Chaos Prince is living inside of you now, which means you cannot die.”

“I feel like you skipped an entire chapter just now.”

“I’m just trying to get straight to the point.” Minho said. “The Chaos Dimension was crafted by Angels and Demons long ago as a show of very temporary peace and understanding. In it, some of the worst of demons are trapped along with fallen angels who can no longer be trusted in the kingdom of Heaven.”

“So Angels and Demons are like, buddies now?” Taeyong rolled his eyes. “This is some like, a Manga artist’s dream.”

“Far from it. But still, for the sake of keeping order in their own respective kingdoms, they created the Chaos Dimension, as well the title of Chaos Prince, the one who would rule over and keep demons and fallen angels in check.” Minho went on, his words carrying more and more weight. Without noticing, Taeyong had began to lean in, waiting for the next part of this story. “The Prince’s own body would be used as the lock and key to the dimension, as long as he lived, nothing could enter of leave the dimension. And a new Prince was ushered in every Hundred years.”

“That’s a long time on the job...” Taeyong sat back. “But wait, you said Chaos Prince is inside me.”

“Exactly. One of them.” Minho corrected.

“There’s two now?”

“This time, the title of Chaos Prince was split between two brothers, who were to rule for a total of Two Hundred years. As soon as the power was bestowed on them, however, one of the brothers, In Guk exposed his true intention to side with the Demons of the dimension, overthrowing his brother in order to slice through to earth and began taking over.”

“And he’s inside me?”

“No, not that one.”

“So I got the lame brother? Great.” Taeyong sighed. “Couldn’t I at least get the badass one? Not that I’m buying any of this by the way.”

“The lame brother....as you call him, is the one trying to keep your world from being swallowed up into hellfire and pure evil.”

“Snoozefest.” Taeyong joked.

“You sure you don’t need a therpist?”

“I told you, I’m not suicidal, I just don’t care about much, okay?”

“Well that’s gotta change!”

“No!”

“As long as Hae Jin lives inside of you, you have a duty to protect your world! If you die, the power that was split between Hae Jin and In Guk all goes to In Guk, making him strong enough to open the Chaos gate himself and pour out all that evil into your streets, your homes, your lives...” Minho’s fists and jaw were clenched.

“Eh, who’s Hae Jin again?”

“The Chaos Prince.”

“Half of him.”

“The other brother, In Guk is also here in Generation City, probably also living in a host’s body.”

“.” Taeyong widened his eyes in mock interest. “So, dude, like what do I do now? Go see a doctor or an exorcist?”

“You work with me to find the Host In Guk has chosen, kill him and restore all the Chaos Prince power back to Hae Jin, making him strong enough to retain a physical form and go back to where he belongs.”

“You make it sound so easy.”

“It could be if you stop trying to kill yourself.” Minho hissed.

“Call me suicidal one more time, I swear on my dad I’ll whoop your .” Taeyong got to his feet, tensed.

“That man that lives in your home with all the handguns isn’t even your dad though.” Minho looked confused for less than a second.

“ him, I never said he was. I meant my real dad, you creep.”

“My mistake.” Mnho’s hands went up in surrender, not that he was ever afraid of Taeyong.

“Yeah, big mistake.”

“Anyway...” Minho cleared his throat, reaching for his cup of now lukewarm coffee.

“Yeah, anyway, I’m outta here, I need to go check on some things.” Taeyong somehow felt like he’d left the rest of the world on pause since leaving his house to go meet up with Johnny.

Johnny.

That was a whole mess in itself. Did anyone know Johnny had been meeting with Taeyong last night? If so, it would automatically make him a suspect in the boy’s death. Because without a shadow of a doubt Taeyong believed Johnny was dead. He could feel it in the air and on his skin, like he’d walked into a spider web without realizing.

“You can’t go yet! I still have to tell you about your other guardians besides myself.” Minho moved to block the door but Taeyong beat him there.

“I never even said I believed this bull story, dude. If you really want a thank you for saving me, then fine. Thanks for prolonging the inevitable. But I gotta go now.” Taeyong’s apathy was burning Minho all over, still, the older man refused to let it show.

“When In Guk and Hae Jin left the Chaos Dimension, they lost their physical forms and had to take over hosts like you. It’s the same for the five Chaos Guardians who were assigned to protect both brothers no matter what.”

“Oh so it’s not your job after all?”

“I retained my physical form because I don’t have the immense powers the Chaos Prince and the Chaos Guardians have.” Minho said quickly, almost like he didn’t want to go off on that tangent.

“Bummer.” Taeyong made a fake sad face, drawing a tear on his cheek with one finger. “Welp, see ya, psycho.” He opeend the motel door.

Minho grabbed for the boy’s shoulder. “Would you knock it off already.”

“Don’t ing...” Taeyong used the other arm, raising it above himself and Minho, then dropping his fist to Minho’s chin. Not once, but twice. “mess with me, old man.” He stood over Minho and his bloody lip.

Minho spat blood onto the already stained, sticky carpet of the motel room.

“Wow, you can’t fight. Guess that’s why you run around with a fake anime sword.” Taeyong sneered.

“No, that’s not it.”

“Then hit me.” Taeyong taunted, taking one step closer to Minho. “Take your Gucci shoe off and hit me.”

“You’d like that, wouldn’t you.” Minho spat again. “I already told you, it’s my job to protect you.”

“Oh off, dude. I’m out of here.” Taeyong turned for the door again.

“You know at least half of what I said is true, you’ve seen with your own eyes that nothing is impossible. You really think that thing that attacked you last night is normal....logical?”

“I don’t know and I don’t care.” Taeyong lied, half way out the door. “Just stay away from me.”

“I won’t.” Minho swore. “We have to find In Guk. If we don’t, he’ll find you first and kill you.”

“Great. I’ll pick the casket out tomorrow.” Taeyong shut the door behind himself, stomping down the cement steps.

Minho got to one knee, wiping away with minimal blood on his lips and sleeve. Taeyong was more of a handful in person than from a distance. From afar, Minho had actually started to grow sad for the kid. He was friendless and practically a pieve of trash just drifting to anf fro until each day was done. Anyone or anything he got close to just seemed to diminish his own value more. Minho had hoped that he’d be able to light a fire inside the boy, give him some real motivation and meaning. But how could he inspire someone to fight for a world they didn’t even want to be apart of? They didn’t exactly have Teen Couseling Courses where Minho was from.

The motel door opened again and Taeyong was there. “Forgot my shoes.” He said.

“You lost one last night, so I got some more for you.” Minho pointed at the foot of the bed. A pair of cheap, but namebrand black sneakers were there. Taeyong put them on fast, neglecting to tie them all the way. He just shoved the laces into the sides of the shoes and snatched the first thing resembling a t-shirt he spotted in the corner of the room. “Don’t turn your back on this, Taeyong. Everyone will die.”

“Have a good life, psycho. Remember to stay away from me.” Taeyong gave a fake salute and headed for the door again.

“I can’t do that. You’ll be seeing me again, Taeyong.” Minho tried to get the last word before the door shut.

“And I’ll you up again.” Taeyong’s cocky, cynical voice trailed through the smallest crack in the door before it shut with a small click.

Alone, Minho wondered if maybe Taeyong would only make matters worse. Of course he needed to be protected at all costs, but could he actually work hand in hand, soul in soul with Hae Jin? Maybe not.

“I’ll have to locate the other Chaos Guardians first.” Minho resolved, reaching for his iphone. He dialed a number that he really should have had saved by now and waited for her friendly, but otherwise dry voice on the other end. “Good morning, it’s me. We can’t bank on Taeyong to help us like we thought. We’ll have to set our sights on finding In Guk with the other Guardians first.” He pursed his lips, slightly taken aback by how unbothered she sounded.

“Huh? I mean, I wouldn’t say I’m hungry, but I can eat. And any excuse to see you...” He could hear her blush on the other end. “Okay, I’ll be there.” They hung up together and Minho wasted no time getting out the door. If he moved a bit faster he could make sure Taeyong at least crossed the street without stopping to get hit by a bus or sports car.

 

 

Uhhh, why am I just now realizing I’ve never made a real attempt at fantasy? Hm.

Anyway, this was going to be a much longer update, but I didn’t want to run out of juice mid-way thru and decided to chop it into smaller parts. So this is “Boy Meets Chaos” since Minho explains (very quickly since I hate doing backstory) about why he’s suddenly come into Taeyong’s lonely life.

The next chapter “Boy Meets Evil” we’ll see just how Taeyong lives and meet a few more important characters to the story’s progression.

I really wanted to get the boring explanations out of the way as soon and as fast as possible so there's mostly talking and reacting in this chapter. Sorry for lack of descriptive writing or more snippets into Taeyong's mind.

I hope you can root for Taeyong lol I have a tendency to make somewhat difficult main characters. Also, I promise some more action in the next one! My two off days are over (cries in paycheck) so I’ll be a bit busy for the rest of the week, but still, see you soon!

Leave comments for me :}