Truth Or Dare

Enough With 70 Days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When I was young, I remember I never had a dream. When kids around my age dreams to become a doctor, police, model or singer, mine was completely different. I had a distinct mindset than the others. Rather than having a dream, I want to be a helpful kid for my parents. I utilize my hobby of drawing to earn money by selling my drawing of the various cartoon character to my friends and save money for the future. As I grow up, my perspective materially never changes and increased by the fact that I need to earn as much for myself, my little brother and sister. At the age of sixteen, I got scouted by JYP and trained to become a singer. Once again, it has never been my dream to become a singer but the reality show me how celebrities make a lot of money, and I tempted to become one. After trained for five years, I never see the light for my future as a singer. The plan for my debut was up in the air, and so I decided to terminate my contract and accepted the job in a fashion company. But unfortunately, I lasted for only one year.

 

"Finally, done." I sighed, brought up the design I draw to take a better look and smiled with satisfaction. On a bright side, I was relieved my hobby didn't waste after I accepted this job as a stylist. Stretching my hands, I took a look at the clock and went outside my room. The manager was in the living room with Yugyeom, as they opened the duct tape of the boxes.

 

"How many did you buy this?" I heard Yugyeom gasped in surprised after he opened the box. He looked up at the manager, "Are you planning on making us drunk or what?"

 

The manager shook his hand and saw me walking down the stairs. "I nearly go upstairs because you didn't reply my message to come down." he smiled as I approached him.

 

"I'm sorry, I guess I was too absorb in my work." I smiled.

 

"It's okay, what are you doing anyway?" he asked, curiosity in his tone after I mentioned about work.

 

"I designed a few clothes for their upcoming comeback. I'll show it to you later."

 

My words earned a smile from the manager as he patted my shoulder. "Good work, sister. Now go to the kitchen, I bring some beef for you guys."

 

I nodded and glanced at Yugyeom for a brief as he snorted and took out the beer cans from the box. My steps halted in front of the kitchen when I saw the two-person inside who was fully occupied by their work. I slowly walked inside, approaching Jaebum who completely ignored me as he grilled the meats on the pan.

 

After a while of watching him grilled the meat skilfully, I finally open my mouth, "What can I help?"

 

He was still busy flipping the meat, and I startled a bit when a flame suddenly spouted from the pan. "I'm okay, prepare the table with Mark," he said without shifting his attention from the pan.

 

I looked at the said guy, and quietly neared the table where he was sitting while making the sauce. I didn't know what to do. The plate was already well prepared. Even the side dishes as well. And it looked like he didn't intend to pay any attention to me either. So I just stood awkwardly momentarily before the manager saved me by entering the kitchen and sat next to me. Shortly after the manager sat, Jaebum came to the table, bringing the beef he grilled. 

 

"We're back!" Youngjae and Jinyoung came inside the kitchen, bringing two plastic bags; each in their hand, as their footsteps echoed through the kitchen.

 

"Shall we start the barbeque party?" The manager beamed, his hands put together and he asked Jaebum to joined us fastly.

 

After all of us got seated, the manager flashed a big smile to all of us. "Eat as many you want, kids."

 

"Why are you suddenly being nice to us, Hyung?" Yugyeom said. I noticed a suspicion in his tone as he eyed the manager.

 

The manager watched him judgingly, "What are you saying, I always nice to all of you. But today is especially different because first, I treat you great food tonight because tomorrow all of you need to start the diet for the upcoming comeback, and second, it's a barbeque party to celebrate Yu Jin's new job as your stylist."

 

The manager clapped in enthusiasm. A very contrary to the unenthusiastic response by the others as they began eating. I forced a thin smile as the manager took a spoon of the beef to my plate and all of us ate quietly. After the second bites, I bit down on my lips, my forehead wrinkled in confusion. Have they always been this quiet or was it because of my existence around them? It has been a few days we're living together, but there was zero change in their behavior toward me. They acted like I was invisible and speak only a few words to me. Truthfully, I grew worried about it because it was like they discarded the fact that all of us used to be best friends.

 

"Yu Jin, I hear you had lunch with our staff."

 

I was in utter shock hearing the manager's words that I accidentally bit the inside of my lips. "How do you know?"

 

"We live in a technological era, Yu Jin. News like this can easily reach everyone's ear in a flash of light." he pointed. "It was hard to pretend the whole time that I didn't have any idea about your return. They compelled me nonstop to ask Jackson your phone number. Thank god that kid is overseas now, so those people can't bug me for a while." The manager said, massaging his temple as he chewed his food.

 

"Why Jackson?" I heard Jinyoung asked in curiosity. Now everyone's head shot in my direction.

 

"They say you had lunch with Jackson." The manager continued to barge in.

 

"No, actually I was with my sister when I bumped into them. Jackson helped me out to get away from them, so they thought I originally had lunch together with him." I explained quickly. They didn't show much reaction to my explanation, but I relieved they didn't ask me further question, so I could finally enjoy my food in silence.

 

"I have an idea, how about we play a game?" The manager suddenly jumped out of his chair and brought up the box full of beer cans he opened earlier to the table. "It's the truth or dare game. Whoever refuses to answer the truth or do the dare task, You'll get punished by drinking one can. Deal?"

 

I heard Jinyoung and Youngjae groaned, following by Yugyeom who shook his head and scoffed as he glared at his manager. "That's so childish."

 

"Your whole existence screams childish." the manager sneered as he shared the beer cans to each of us and put the rest on the table. "Let's start," he poured his bottle of soju into his glass and placed the bottle on the center as he spun it impatiently.

 

The bottle gradually stopped spinning, and all of us looked up to the person who got chosen by the bottle. Youngjae groaned, following by a few snickers as s laughed at his face.

 

"Truth or dare?" The manager asked, his face told me he was ready to make this poor guy embarrassed whether he choose the truth or dare.

 

"Truth," Youngjae answered helplessly.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter