Escape

Enough With 70 Days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Are you serious, I can eat everything I want?"

 

I couldn't help but smile seeing Hye Jin's eyes sparkling when I told her she could take anything she wanted. I nodded my head and laughed when my sister shrieked in excitement. Her love for sushi would never reduce for a bit, I knew it, that is why I brought her to one of her favorite sushi restaurants.

 

"I bet Hyunjin will give me one hour lecture for not telling him that you are back." Hye Jin rolled her eyes and raised her hand to call the waiter and placed her orders.

 

"Didn't you message him to come here?"

 

"I did, but he didn't respond." she shrugged. "He probably practicing right now. I heard, his soccer team will have a tournament next month, that's why he's busy nowadays."

 

"How about you? I remember you told me last week on the phone that you're joining something in the campus."

 

"It's campus choir, Unnie. We'll start next week." Hye Jin had a big smile on her face.

 

I smiled at her story. Both my little brother and sister are an active person. They couldn't stay still, even when at home, they would find something to do. Back then, when they were in senior high school, they joined a few clubs to fill their break time. It's understandable that the two characters are alike since they are twins. On the contrary, I never find doing extra work like joining a club or whatever it is as fun. That's why I remained as an unproductive person, thus made me not having many relations.

 

Later, the waiter came with our food. I pushed the plate toward my sister, telling her to eat first. When I was about eating my first bite, I heard someone calling my name. Turning my head to the side, I halted.

 

"Oh my god, I was right. It's you, Yu Jin!" the woman next to me gasped and clasped her hands together. She then reached my hand and smiled widely. "How are you?"

 

I was in dazed for a few moments before another voice shrieked my name, escalated the noise in the room and made the other person beside her noticed me as well.

 

I'm so doomed.

 

Now two women in their thirty and one man in his thirty as well stood beside me, staring at me as if they were ready to eat me alive with their endless question.

 

"Oh look, Hye Jin is also here." one of them noticed my sister who was trying to cover her face with her long bangs since earlier. Being a polite person, Hyejin nodded her head, still looking down at her plate.

 

"Yu Jin, do you still remember us?" they spoke again.

 

"Y-yes," I replied quietly. Meeting these three JYP staffs accidentally here was a wrong move when I supposedly tried to hide from their radar. The manager will scold me when he finds out about it later.

 

"Is it only you both here? Why don't you join us?"

 

"No, it's okay, we're-"

 

"No way I just let you go, sister. Let's go!" one of them pulled me up and brought me to one private room on the second floor. Hye Jin was the one who went inside the room first with I followed after.

 

I could feel all eyes on the room were on us, and the room suddenly became silent because of our unexpected appearance. From the first glance, I reckoned there were five people inside. Though I couldn't see who was who, I knew they were all JYP staff.

 

"Guys, look who I bring here!" I felt one hand placed on my shoulder, and somehow I automatically bowed and smiled to express my respect toward these people.

 

Then I heard one by one they responded in shock and approached me to say hello and asked how I was doing nowadays. From the corner of my eyes, I saw them doing the same with my sister, and they asked me to sit with them.

 

"How can we're this lucky to meet the Im sisters?" one of them spoke, and I just let out a tiny smile. My eyes glued to various foods on the table, trying to distract my attention to not looking to any of them.

 

"Your choice of words is wrong, oppa. It's a gift from God to us to meet these talented gem sisters in significant time." the other one commented dramatically.

 

"What are you doing nowadays, Yu Jin? I thought you're working in Thailand. Are you coming here with your husband?"

 

I couldn't believe my ears at such a question that I needed to look up to see who was the one asking me. I knew it very well I couldn't dodge this question the moment I stepped into this room but I didn't expect their question being this upfront either.

 

"She's here to visit I and Hyunjin," out of nowhere, Hye Jin spoke out for me. I gave her a thankful look. "And Unnie, you're still the same as ever." I looked at my sister as she gave her smile or could I define it as a sarcastic one to the woman.

 

"Still beautiful as ever?" the woman said confidently.

 

"No, loud and annoying." Hye Jin stated. The laughs broke filling up the room at my sister statement. I tried to make eye contact with her, signaling her to keep it low, but as bold and free spirit she was, I knew my sister would careless to look after her attitude.

 

"Aye, Hye Jin your reckless attitude is still the same as well." the woman replied indifferently, probably used to my sister acts in the past. "A contrary to your sister shy personality. That's why you both are a unique case, and it's always a loss for us to let both of you go from our company."

 

"Okay guys, stop interrogating the kids. Let's eat first." the man who seated across me, maybe a new employee since I didn't know him, spoke up changing the subject.

 

Still being uneasy at my surrounding, I began eating what already served on the table. After a while, we were having a simple talk, and mostly it was Hye Jin who talk the most. At times like this, I felt my insecurity increase. I mean, I wanted to join the conversation, but the thought of unable to answer the question retreat my confidence. And I always hated this side of me.

 

"Jackson, your friend is here. Are you going to pretend she's invisible?"

 

Hold up. What?

 

I looked up and shifted my eyes to the corner - someone who seated next to my sister and caught sight of Wang Jackson eating his sashimi as he continued chatting with my sister.  Why didn't I notice him earlier? Yeah, blame my insecurity for not brave enough to make eye contact with anyone in this room.

 

"Yu Jin, how about you stop by the company after we finish our lunch?"

 

I almost choked on my food upon hearing the invitation. I mean, why would I do that? My brain sought for an excuse, but it was too late because I told them earlier that I had no agenda afterward.

 

"Unfortunately we need to go to Hye Jin university, noona." out of nowhere, Jackson's voice broke the silence.

 

Did I hear something wrong? Did Wang Jackson save me from this witches wish?

 

"I thought you are alone when I bumped into you before," the woman raised a brow.

 

"No, I came with two of them and was about to order the food when I bumped into Noona. Then suddenly noona brought them here." Jackson's face was calm when he spoke. I believe no one would think that he just launched his lie.

 

"I thought you're in a bad relationship or something with Yu Jin since you didn't talk at all. Turn out you're having lunch with her," the woman muttered.

 

"No way, I think the GOT7 members probably still keep in touch with Yu Jin. They were buddies in their trainee days.  Even Yu Jin visiting Jackson now when she's in Seoul." responded the other. "Am I right?"

 

I didn't cut in their conversation - with the same old move I focused on my food pretending I didn't need to vocalize my response at least until they directly ask my name, but then Wang Jackson stood up, eyes staring at me.

 

"Let's go we need to take Hye Jin back to her campus."

 

I just blinked dumbfoundedly when he suddenly walked to me. I hadn't even got a grasped of his intention - but then Hye Jin got up from her chair.

 

"Yes, I have a class at 3," Hyejin declared. "I'm sorry, but we need to go," she said politely with a small bow to the older.

 

"It's a pity we can't talk much. Maybe next time? How about your phone number Yu Jin? You changed your number didn't you?" 

 

I almost nodded my head and told the older my number when my sister quickly held my finger and interjected.

 

"Jackson oppa will give it to you later. Unnie can't even remember her number haha," Hye Jin briefly eyed me - a signal to shush me and corroborate her statement.

 

It was so much like a drama when we made our way outside the restaurant; with everyone accompanied us to Jackson's car which I didn't understand the need to do that. I half-heartedly got in the front seat to get rid the skeptical about our plan. At least, maybe it was a better choice to go with Jackson than dealing with those staff or worst facing all the employees and trainees in JYP, maybe.

 

"So kiddo, where do you want to go?" Jackson asked my sister.

 

"I have a class at three actually, so your excuse was somewhat true, Oppa. Can you drop me off at my campus?"

 

"It's okay to skip class once. Do you want some ice cream? Oppa will buy as many as you want." from the corner of my eyes I saw Jackson looked up at the mirror and flashed my sister a dimpled smile - his usual way of showing cute acts towards my sister.

 

"No, I can't. Why do you keep offering me ice cream, though? I'm a college student now." Hyejin grumbled.

 

"Just last week you were so happy when oppa gave you two boxes of ice cream, now suddenly you are all grown up?" Jackson said mockingly. Hyejin playfully hit his shoulder.

 

Silent, I turned my attention to the window beside me. Thankfully Hyejin was with me, or else I could imagine how the atmosphere in this car would be with only I and him.

 

When we finally arrived, Hyejin thanked Jac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter