First love

Caught In Between Love And Lies

You were left confused by his words and honestly you felt slightly uncomfortable having him so close to you.  He was definitely more handsome in close up, but you were certain that you had never seen him before.


*Someone like him would surely leave some impressions, you eyed his blond hair*

“Do you like my new hair style?” He smirked still not backing away from you.

“Could you please move I need to meet someone.” You ignored his remark. “Ani.” He shrugged his eyes full of amusement.

“Euh what are you doing there?” You heared a familiar voice coming from the door. L.Joe turned his head to see who it was, so that you had the chance to escape from this situation.

“Nothing.” You smiled seeing L in front of you.

“Didn’t look that way.” He eyed L.Joe suspiciously. “Euh let’s go Oppa.” You quickly grabbed his hand and pulled him away.

Suddenly L.Joe spoke up making you froze at the spot: “I don’t believe that you are dating him.”
“Tell me what’s your real relationship with her?” He got closer to you two.


“You told him?” L shrugged your hand away shocked. “I didn’t.” You tried to signal with your eyes, that he should drop this topic in order to keep the act.

“Of course she told me.” L.Joe lied.

“Okay, just because we aren’t a real couple doesn’t mean that you can touch her. Because she is my girl.” L emphasized the word my, which made you feel flustered. However at the same time you wanted to face palm yourself, because L has fallen for L.Joe’s trick exposing your secret.

“Wow thanks for this information.” L.Joe put on an evil smile.
“Just to let you know thanks to you I know that you two aren’t dating. Soohyun didn’t tell me anything about this.” L.Joe explained to L who was left dumbfounded.

“You are pretty stupid.” L.Joe patted L’s shoulder, who still didn’t recover from the shock.

“She’s still mine.” L then glared at his blond opponent, the two seemed to have forgotten about you.
*This glare contest is seriously intense.* You shivered seeing the two boys in front of you.

“Yeah but only because I wasn’t here back then. Believe me, people are never going to forget their first love.” L.Joe responded confidently and slung his bag over his shoulder leaving you both in the classroom. 

The atmosphere in the classroom was extremely cold, especially because L didn’t say anything after L.Joe’s statement.
You didn’t really think about his words, because you believed that he was a crazy poser.

“Euh L, shouldn’t we go home.” You tucked on his sleeves carefully.

“Right.” He responded back sharply and left the room first. You had to hurry up since he wouldn’t look back at you. *Is he angry because of L.Joe’s nonsense talking?* You questioned his mood change.

“I need to go home now, you can walk home alone right.” L suddenly turned around with a cold expression.
He didn’t even wait for your answer and left you confused at the spot.



----------------
 


L was lying on his huge king size bed resting his hand on his forehead. He remembered the words of this blond guy and his grip tighten.


He had to admit that his words were true, he also never forgot his first love, no matter how happy he was with Soohyun.

He looked at the couple ring that was hanging around his neck. Couple rings had no meanings; he remembered that the last one he got lost its meaning when she left him for another boy.


L was checking himself in the mirror for the billionth time; he wanted to look perfect for the confession. He never had those feeling for a girl so he was determined to get her heart.


Even though Woori has already given him hints that she was interested in him, he pretended to be indifferent because he has read in a book that girls liked boys who were hard to get.
 

He took a look on the watch and placed his hand in front of his chest. *I’ve never felt this nervous before.* He tried to calm himself by drinking water.
Suddenly the bell rang making him jump up in surprise.

 

“Wow you look nervous.” Junhyung chuckled. “And wow the room looks how should I put in words cheesy.” He looked amazed at the decorations that L has placed everywhere in his room.

“This looks stupid.” He pointed at the candles that had the shape of roses. “Really this room makes me shiver.” He made fun of his friend.
"Jjin-jja? Should I put it away then?” L quickly grabbed the candles.

“What has this girl done to the cold L?” Junhyung asked in a shocking voice.

 

“I..you know hyung I think I have fallen in love with her and I want to confess  that’s why I’m so nervous.” L explained while hiding the candles in a cupboard.
 

“Love is a strong feeling, are you sure that you love her?” Junhyung raised one of his eyesbrow.
 

“She makes me happy and turned me to another person. The books that I’ve read told me that those are two hints that I’m in love.” L reasoned.
 

“Hey how do you find this ring by the way.” He showed him the present that he got for Woori.
 

“Can I puke?” Junhyung responded amused.  “Yah I am serious hyung.” L hit his arm.
 

“Okay okay, just kidding. It looks expensive, are you satisfied?” Junhyung raised his hands.
 

“It wasn’t that expensive though.” L said satisfied about his friend’s judgment. *Girls like things that look expensive.* He remembered another chapter of the book that he has borrowed to prepare himself for the confession.
 

“Your definition of not expensive or the world’s definition of not expensive?” Junhyung chuckled.
 

“It doesn’t matter.” L shrugged off the question. “Rich bastard.” Junhyung shocked his head and made himself comfortable on the couch.
 

“So tell me something about your girl?” Junhyung asked fishing his phone out of his jacket.
 

“She’s kind, pretty, she looks extremely innocent and has long wavy hairs.” L pointed out her features.
“So in short your ideal girl.” Junhyung grinned.
 

“Do you want to see a picture of her?” L sat down next to his friend.
“Wow you’ve turned to a little fanboy.” L just ignored his friend’s teasing and showed him the recent photo.


 

“So?” L asked him expecting tones of compliments; however Junhyung has turned white seeing the photo.
 

“What’s with this face?” L asked afraid. He had never seen such an expression on Junhyung before.
 

“This girl. Her name is Woori right?” “Yes, you know her?” L was surprised, however after thinking about it for some seconds it totally made sense since she was older than him.
 

“I’ve met her in the club yesterday and we ended up in a hotel room.” Junhyung didn’t need to give further information because L could imagine what they did last night.
 

“There’s no way that she’s like that.” L shocked his head, he felt his chest tighten and for the first time he had experienced what it felt like to be heartbroken.
 

“I’m sorry, even though I forgot about those girls fast, it just happened last night.” Junhyung looked at his friend with an apologetic face.
L knew that he couldn’t blame Junhyung, girls always swooned over him and he never took the initiative.

 

L had fallen for someone who was just playing with his heart. He was left heartbroken and he promised himself to never fall in love again.
*I’ve almost forgot about my promise.* L shocked his head, remembering that he has fallen for Soohyun.


Even though at first he had tried to not feel this way, he had later let it happen.

“I need to stop it.” He mumbled remembering the blonde guy. L was afraid that he would take away Soohyun, so he would rather let her go before she would leave him alone.

“Is he your first love?” He asked to himself and looked at the couple ring again.

Just when he has put it away his phone vibrated indicating a new message.

 

    --------------

From: Puppy

Message:

 

           I am sorry, please forgive me. I don’t know what I did wrong but please don’t stay mad at me okay? ;__; I really didn’t know what L.Joe was talking so please don’t take his words serious. Remember that he’s blond >_<

--------------

 L read the new message and smiled. It made him happy that Soohyun would apologize even though she didn’t know the reason why he had been so upset.

L was about to reply her until he stopped in his tracks. He placed his phone back on his nightstand and shocked his head. *You need to stop that.* He reminded himself.

“I’m sorry but I can’t fall for you.”
 

-----------------

 

You sighed another time seeing that L still didn’t reply to your message last night. *What did I do wrong?* You buried your head in your arms.
Just then you felt how your phone was snatched away from you.

“You apologized to him without reasons and what do you have against blond guys? I thought you like rebellious boys?” You heard L.Joe chuckle.
“Give it back you idiot.” You glared at him and moved to the other edge of the table, so that you would get as far away as possible from him.

“It’s not my fault that you two are having a couple fight. Oh wait you two aren’t even a couple.” He continued teasing you.
“Why do you like to annoy me?” You frowned. You remembered that it was due to his words that L became so upset.

*Stupid blond jerk.* You cursed him mentally for ruining your relationship with L.

“I don’t want to annoy you, but I want you to remember me.” His face turned serious. “I already told you that I’ve never met you before. You came from the US, how am I supposed to know you.” You reasoned.

“I’ve lived in Korea before I’ve left for the US five years ago.” He told you his life story.
*Five years ago? So during middle school?* You could only think about your best friend Byunghun, but the boy in front of you had no resemblance with your first love you eyed him again.

Before you had the time to think about his words and take a further look at him, the math teacher entered the room making you turn your attention to her rather than the boy next to you.
 

 

-------------


“Why wouldn’t you remember me? Was I really so meaningless for you.” L.Joe asked hurt, when you both were cleaning the classroom after school.
“I already told you that you have mistaken me for someone else. Let me repeat my words again: I have never seen you in my life before.” You grew annoyed about his stubbornness.

“Fine.” He said and took out his wallet. “I am going to buy a drink.” L.Joe left the room.

“Finally I have me peace.” You continued mobbing the floor, when you spotted his wallet on the floor.
*Did he do that on purpose?* You shocked your head and bent down to place it back on the table.

However you were shocked seeing a photo of yourself in your middle school uniform. *How would he get this photo.* You took the photo and read the words written behind it.

My best friend Soohyun-ah~~

You froze at the spot and searched for his identity card. *There’s no way that it’s him right?*

“What are you doing there?” L.Joe’s voice suddenly appeared behind you making you drop his wallet.

You turned around and looked at him again. “Why did you change your name, Byunghun?” You asked him with a shaking voice.

After five years he finally returned and you didn’t even recognize him. The boy in front of you were not only you best friend but also your first love.
*People never forget their first love.* You remembered his words.


“Because I have changed.” He said putting his wallet back to his jacket.

“You really did.” You mumbled, your eyes still fixed on him. *He was so shy back then, how could he turn out like this?* You looked at the boy who was standing there casually with his can of soda, extremely confident about his looks.

“I’ve changed so much all because of you.”

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author’s Note:

So this was L’s heart-broking past ;__; so it’s quite obvious why he wouldn’t want to fall in love again. Soohyun has finally remembered L.Joe so I hope you are happy about that ;D now the competition can start- So please subscribe if you want to know why L.Joe has changed so much and if L is going to let her go . Btw I seriously enjoyed the comments from you guys <3 Thanks to all my lovely subscribers :)

its_an_asian_thing