Jaejoong at Canada

Who's the Better Man for Me?

 

Three days before Jaejoong returns to Korea, he prepares the paperwork so that he can resign from his work at Canada, which is a Training Manager at Starbucks Coffee. One of the people he is training said to him

“Sir, do you really need to leave?”

Another person Jaejoong was training said “Why do you need to return to Korea?”

Jaejoong laughed, and said “I just had problems with other people here.

 

~ Jaejoong’s POV ~

I can’t simply let them know the truth about why I’ll return to Korea, so I have to make up stories.

 

A man said to me “Oh, is that so? Then who is that person that you’ve had a problem with? I’ll beat him up so you won’t need to go back to Korea. You’re hard to replace, y’know.”

“Ahahaha, you sure are loyal to the bitter end. Forgive me, I just really need to go. I have personal issues as well, just so you know.” I hope that will make him stop asking questions like that.

“Oh come on sir, you’ll be leaving soon already! Why don’t you share some things to us? Since you won’t be here next week, we’re sure that your secret will be safe.” The others shouted as if their saying “I second the motion!”

 

As if I have any choice. Well, I need some people to talk to about this anyway, so I guess I’ll tell these four people every detail I can tell them. So I said “Ok, you got me. Fine, I’ll share with you.”

“YEAH!” This one guy sure seems to be lively all of a sudden.

“Okay, so here goes. There is this girl that I like-“

“Wow! She must be really lucky to have an admirer like you boss.” I was very flattered at that moment, but I didn’t let the others notice it. I just kept it to myself. So I continued.

“So yeah, she’s in Korea right now. Well, that’s one of the reasons that I’m gonna go back to Korea.”

“Oh, so that’s why.”

“Hey, it’s not what you’re thinking! She’s not the only reason why I need to go back, y’know!” Well, actually, she IS the only reason, but it feels like I should not blurt it out. One of the people I’m training said “Oh, sorry ‘bout that. Anyway, go on.”

“Then, there’s this friend of mine who’s also in Korea. I think he also likes her. I think that troubles me, a bit.”

“Aw, heartbroken sir?”

“Ah no, not like that. Well, that’s all I have to say.”

“Oh, that’s it? I was expecting a longer story.”

“Is that so? Sorry if I didn’t tell you before I shared that story.”

“But still, I wanna thank you for sharing to us, even if it was only short.” Another man said “Yeah! At least you shared that story to us, since you’re gonna go back to Korea three days later.”

“Aw, thanks guys! It feels good to talk to you like this. I mean, not in a formal manner.”

“You’re welcome sir!”

 

That felt good. Good thing I was able to share something. It seems like the burden I carry because of my feelings got a bit lighter than before. Wait… I need to go to the embassy! I need to prepare for my departure three days later. “Guys, I need to go. You know, preparations.”

“Okay, bye boss!”

“Bye! Let’s meet at our reunion the day before I leave.” Everyone bid farewell to me, and then I went home.

~End Of Jaejoong’s POV~

 

Jaejoong finally reached his house after a long ride from a taxi. He made his taxi wait for a while. He got the things he needed, and he went back to the taxi, so that he can go to the embassy.

After he did all those things he needed to do, he went to a little coffee shop for a short coffee break. He ordered a coffee. He picked a table, and took his seat there. While he was drinking his coffee, he suddenly remembered his memories with Tiffany while he was in Korea.

 

~ Flashback ~

Two months ago, he was drinking coffee with Tiffany at starbucks. They just got from work. It was almost nighttime. Tiffany said to him “Hey, what do you think about the coffee of starbucks?”

“Well, it’s good, though it’s a bit costly.”

“But it’s worth the price.”

“Yeah, I agree” Jaejoong and Tiffany both laughed, but not that loud. Tiffany said “So, why are you going to Canada anyway?”

“Hmm, to have a good job, what else?” He laughed for a short time, and then continued speaking. “I also need time to recollect my thoughts.”

“Why don’t you just recollect your thoughts at your own room?”

“Well, it’s better if I do it outside Korea, since my problem is here anyway.”

“So you’re saying that you’re gonna carry your problems at Canada, leave those there, and come back here sometime?” She took a sip of her coffee.

Jaejoong did the same, before he spoke. “You’re right.”

“Hmm, if that’s the case, then I won’t stop you.” Tiffany’s voice was still full of cheerfulness, even if she said those words to him.

“Thanks Tiff.”

“You’re welcome.” She smiled to Jaejoong. He blushed, but Tiffany didn’t notice it, since she was looking outside the window.

~ End of Flashback ~

 

“Tiffany, you should have stopped me back then. I think that was a wrong decision…” he whispered softly. He was about to cry, but he suddenly remembered that he was on a public place, so he went back to his senses. “No, everything has a reason. I believe this has a reason too.”