Chapter 15: The Camping Trip

Damsel in Distress [HIATUS]

 

Part 1: Day 1

 

Donghae’s POV

 

            We’re on our way to the location of the camping site. It’s just an hour away. We’ve been inside the bus for 2 hours and Yoona is really bugging me.

She’s even assigned as my partner.

 

            Since Tiffany left the agency, I didn’t talk a lot. The people I always talk to are Siwon and Jessica but since they have their own agendas, I’m always alone. Sometimes, Yoona will go to me and will talk a lot but since she pisses me off, I always leave her.

 

 We never had a communication with Tiffany. I wonder if she’s still training as an agent. I’m not really excited about this trip but something is really making me excited. I have a feeling that this will be good. Yoona woke up from her sleep. “Hey Donghae Oppa, are we near to the destination?” I shook my head. She continued sleeping. She seems very tired. That’s a good thing so I can’t hear noises coming out from .

 

Tiffany’s POV

 

            I’m very nervous about the trip. We’re just a hour away from the site and it seems like I wanted to back out. I’m not yet ready to face them.

 

            In my rear view, I suddenly saw Nichkhun looking at me. I looked back at him. I asked him, “Why are you staring at me? Do I have a dirt on my face?” He replied, “No, you don’t have. I just wanted to look at you. I’m really bored so I decided to look at you instead.” I decided to observe his face too. I suddenly blurted out. “Wow. You’re face is really beautiful.” I covered my mouth. I didn’t expect myself to be that straight-forward to him. He smiled. For the first time, he smiled at me. His smile melted my heart. Oh my gosh. I should always give him compliments so he would smile. “Thank you. You also have a very pretty face.” I gave him my signature eye smile and I noticed that he has those too. “You also have eye smile. I think we have a lot in common.” He smiled again. I really love that smile. I will make him smile a lot in the trip.

 

            The teacher suddenly talked. “Trainees! Get ready. We will start hiking in five minutes. That’s the mountain we are going to hike. And that’s the bus SM Agency Trainees are riding.”

 

The mountain is really high. I was excited when I saw the mountain but I became nervous when I heard the name of my former school. I just don’t want to see them.

 

            The bus stopped and the teacher asked us to go down. My heart is thumping so fast. I couldn’t stand up. Suddenly, Nichkhun asked me, “Hey Tiffany. Do you need some help?” I shook my head I said that he should go first. Seohyun and Yuri made their way towards me. Yuri asked me. “Fany, are you alright?” I nodded. They pulled me and we made our way downstairs. I gulped before going outside the bus.

 

Donghae’s POV

 

            I felt a bit uneasy. I can’t move from my seat. Yoona made her way out of the bus. I was the last to come out. I heard loud murmurs outside. As I go nearer the door, I hear the murmurs clearly. I know that I’m hearing the name Tiffany. I ran outside. I saw Jessica and Siwon running to the other bus. They are waving at someone. When I looked at the person, I was shocked. It’s Tiffany, the girl I secretly liked.

 

Tiffany’s POV

 

            When I went out of the bus. Nichkhun and my friends are waiting for me. I suddenly heard a very sweet voice calling my name. It’s Jessica. “Tiffany!” I wanted to hide but I can’t. My classmates looked at them with surprise. Yuri asked me. “Tiffany, who is she?” I wasn’t able to answer her since I froze. Siwon Oppa is with Jessica. They are waving at me. When Jessica reached me, she hugged me tightly. “Best friend! I missed you so much!” My friends are looking at us. Even our classmates. I returned the hug and replied to her. “Jessi, I missed you so much too!” She broke the hug and looked at my whole body. “Oh my Tiffany. You changed a lot. Look at you. Your body, it’s much more proportioned. And you are much gorgeous than the last time I saw you!” I was embarrassed by her compliment. Siwon Oppa hugged me too. “Fany ah. I missed you.” I hugged him too. “Siwon Oppa, I missed you too!”

 

Donghae’s POV

 

            She really looked prettier than before. I can’t believe that I will see her here. All of our classmates are looking at her way. I made my way towards her. It seems that she didn’t notice me at all.

 

Tiffany’s POV

 

            I introduced Jessica and Siwon to my friends. Seohyun, Yuri and Taecyeon greeted them warmly while Sunny and Nichkhun are still the usual. Suddenly, I heard a familiar voice calling my name. It’s Donghae. “Hi Tiffany.” The teacher suddenly called us. “Trainees! Go to your partners now so we can start hiking!” Thank God. The teacher interrupted us. Nichkhun helped me with some of my things. “Let me help you with those.” He’s very sweet. He even smiled to me. I asked him. “Why are you not showing your smile to other people?” He looked at me. “I’m shy.” He’s shy? “Then you are not shy to me?” He smiled. “Will I smile to you if I’m shy? Of course not.”

 

Donghae’s POV

 

            Yoona is very clingy. I’m trying to concentrate on what Tiffany is doing. I can see that she is very close to the blonde guy beside him. I need to watch out for him. The way he looks at her, I think he likes Tiffany.

 

Yoona’s POV

 

            I can see the irritation in Donghae Oppa’s face. That is probably because of Tiffany being around. I should make her go away from us.

 

            I went to Tiffany and the cute guy beside her. I can see that Donghae Oppa is walking towards me. I let out a smirk. This is going to be fun.

 

Donghae’s POV

 

            What is this girl up to? I should follow her. She might do something unwanted.

 

She blocked Tiffany and the guy. With the look they are giving to Yoona, it’s obvious that they don’t know what’s happening. I, myself don’t know too. Yoona came closer to her which made her take a step backward. “Hey Miyoung. I’m not starting yet and now, you are backing out? Wow. I didn’t know YG Agency can make you a coward.”

 

            Our classmates and the trainees from the other school are crowding around. I can see that the teacher is also coming. Tiffany replied to Yoona’s words. “If you are mad at me, don’t use the school’s name to criticize me.” Yoona let out a small laugh. “Hah! Well stop being clingy to Donghae Oppa or else, something might happen to you.” Wait. She did this because she doesn’t want Tiffany to cling on me. WTH! She is the one being so clingy. Why blame it on others? Tiffany made a teasing smile. “You are threatening me? Wow. I’m not the one being so clingy.”

 

I wanted to stop Yoona but something stops me from doing so. Suddenly, I heard panting at my back. It looks like Siwon and Jessica ran all the way here. Yoona’s hands are about to slap Tiffany’s cheeks. Jessica, Siwon and I are making our way to them so we can stop Yoona but the guy beside Tiffany hold Yoona’s wrist. He suddenly talked. “What are you trying to prove here Miss? Tiffany didn’t even spoke to a person named Donghae. She is just walking with me and then you suddenly went to us accusing her that she is flirting someone.” Yoona looked very shocked. She is totally embarrassed. And that guy, he really likes Tiffany, for sure!

 

Tiffany’s POV

 

            I can’t believe that Yoona said those words to me. She will really do anything just to take Donghae. Whatever. He’s totally hers and I don’t have plans on stealing him. And Nichkhun saved me from her slap. I should thank him. “Thanks Khunnie.” He replied showing his eye smile. “You’re welcome Fany Ah.” He tapped my head like a kid. He’s just so sweet. I saw Jessica and Siwon Oppa in front of me, looking very worried. “Tiffany! Are you alright?” I gave her a smile. “Jessi, I am. Look, no bruises.” Siwon Oppa also looked worried but he didn’t say a word. “Oppa, you looked very worried. Don’t worry. I’m alright. I’m very safe from the slap. Nichkhun saved me. And besides, it’s just a slap. It can’t kill me.”

 

            Yuri, Seohyun and Taecyeon also asked me the same thing and I told them that I’m alright. Suddenly, I saw a familiar face coming towards me. Yuri and Seohyun just looked at him with awe while Jessica, Siwon Oppa, Nichkhun and Taecyeon are waiting for the next things that are going to happen. “Sorry Tiffany. I didn’t know that Yoona is going to do that. I should have stopped her.” I can hear my heartbeat. It is so loud. He is the only one who can make this beat so fast. I gulped before answering, giving an uneasy smile. “Don’t worry Donghae….” Seohyun and Yuri suddenly changed their expressions to a shocked one. They knew that he is the guy I’m talking about. “….Nichkhun was able to stop Yoona.”

 

Donghae’s POV

 

            So, he is Nichkhun. I should remember that. The only thing I can answer is “Ohhh.” To break the awkward silence, she introduced me to her new classmates. “By the way. This is Nichkhun. Khunnie, this is Donghae.” He offered his hands. I returned the handshake and that handshake looks like it’s not going to end. Siwon pretended to cough so we could go back to our senses. I pulled my hand away from his hand. That handshake looks like the heat is coming on. “Donghae, this is Yuri, Seohyun and Taecyeon Oppa. Yul, Seo, Taec Oppa, this is Donghae.” I gave them a handshake and the two girls looked like they are shocked. I wonder why they act so weird.

 

Yuri’s POV

 

            This very handsome man is Tiffany’s first love?! Who will not go head over heels for him? That girl who confronted Tiffany earlier looks like obsessed to him. He is like an angel!

 

Yuri! Stop that mind. Taecyeon Oppa is beside you. If your boy friend can read people’s minds, you are so dead but the good thing is he can’t. HAHA. And this guy is Fany’s. Stop it Yul.

 

Seohyun’s POV

 

            I can’t stop staring at his heavenly face. I just can’t. Fany sure have a good taste in guys. And this guy also looks at Tiffany like he has feelings for her. There’s even a tension between him and Nichkhun. I don’t know what will happen to this gorgeous guy if he makes Nichkhun angry. He’s starting to piss Khunnie with the way he acts. It’s also been a while since he had a fight and I think that Donghae will be the cause of bringing back his old self.

 

Tiffany’s POV

 

            “Students! Let’s start hiking! Always stay close to your buddy, Arasso? We’re going to go to our camping site so we can start building our tents.” The teacher shouted it loud enough so even the SM agency trainees will also hear it.

 

            We passed by Yoona and Donghae. Both of them are glaring at us. I guess Nichkhun wasn’t able to notice that. Yoona looks very furious. It’s like she wanted to eat me alive.

 

            Nichkhun walked faster which also caused me to walk faster too. “Khunnie, slow down a little bit. The road is very steep.” He slowed down a little bit but that didn’t stop me from tripping on the nearby rock. I tripped at the rock which almost caused me to fall. Luckily, I have a very alert partner. He was able to catch me by hugging me. Our faces are so close together, once again, I can see his features very close. Those sparkling eyes, I would like to stare at it forever. Then suddenly, I can hear someone making coughing sounds which made both of us stand quickly. It’s Donghae and Yoona is at his back. Yoona is still giving me the same glare. I kept my eye away from her. Donghae walked back to the path with Yoona. He probably saw what happened. Ah Babo Tiffany.

 

            I still haven’t thanked Nichkhun. I bowed to him. “Thanks Nichkhun.” He replied me with a smile. “That’s what friends are for.” He really makes me feel secured. He is very gentleman. He is every girl’s dream guy.

 

            At last! We reached the campsite. It’s very wide. This place is not like a part of the mountain but it really is. “Students, it’s time to go with your tent mates. We will provide a tent for you and it has a number in it. All you need to do is put your tent in the flag with the number same as yours.”

 

            We had the number 9 which means we will put it in the 9 flag. A tent is already made beside us. Yuri blurted out, “What the heck? How did they build this in just a minute? We should go to these guys and ask them to help us build it.” Seohyun nodded. I have no choice but to agree too.

 

            Yuri went to the tent all by herself. She sure has a lot of guts. “Hi. Is anybody inside? I’m here to ask a little help.” Then suddenly, Donghae opened the zipper. “Oh hi Yuri. What can I do for you?” I can see that she became nervous. “Uhm. Hi Donghae. Did you build that tent all by yourself?” He giggled a bit. “Of course not. I ask for Siwon’s little help. Can you go straight to the point?” Yuri played with her fingers cutely. “Uhm, can you help us to build our tent. No one knows how to do it. There.” She pointed at us. We bowed.

 

Donghae’s POV

 

            Oh, so Yuri is asking for my help to build their tent. I went my way to their place. “Does anyone of you have a little knowledge about building a tent? I need a little help with this.” Tiffany made her way towards me. “I can help.” I smiled at her. “Let’s start. By the way girls, look at how I do it so you’ll learn too.” I’m excited about this. Tiffany is going to be my helper. After 2 minutes, we were able to make the tent. They clapped their hands. They bowed at me. “Thanks Donghae.” I gave them a smile. “No problem.”

 

            Before leaving, I asked the permission of the girls. “Uhm. Can I borrow Tiffany for a while? I just want to talk to her.” Before they were able to answer, I pulled Tiffany’s wrist. I was surprised because she didn’t do anything to stop me.

 

            We stopped in a place which is a bit away from the camping site. I was about to kneel when I heard a voice. “If you have plans on giving a romantic apologize speech, do it in a better place. Not in a forest where people might see how dumb you are.” I stood up. Before I faced the guy, Tiffany murmured. “Khunnie.” This guy sure knows how to make others mad. I can’t control myself anymore. I was about to punch him but Tiffany ran to him. “Donghae, Don’t!” I was surprised by her actions. She dragged that arrogant guy away. Aisssh. He’s challenging me huh. I’ll give him the challenge he wants.

 

Tiffany’s POV

 

            I dragged Nichkhun to a place far from Donghae. “Yah Nichkhun! Why are you there?” He looked at me with bored expression. “I was there because I want to rest. I didn’t know that Donghae will bring you there. Well, sorry if I ruined your moment.” I looked at him. I hold his hands. “What are you talking about? I really wanted to be away from him. Thanks for always being there.” I hugged him. It was an involuntary action. My heart said that I must hug him.

 

Nichkhun’s POV

 

            She hugged me. This girl hugged me. It’s the first time someone, after a long time, someone hugged me.

 

            “Tiffany, that’s just an accident. I wasn’t spying on you or something. I didn’t expect to see you there.” She didn’t stopped hugging me until I felt something wet on my clothes. She’s crying. “Fany, why are you crying?” She still continued to sob. “Khunnie, thank you very much. Thank you. I didn’t know what will happen if you weren’t there. Thank you. Thank you for being a very reliable friend. Even though we just became friends today, I felt that I’m much secured with you. I wish to be your friend forever.” I returned the hug.

 

My heart started to beat very loud. I can hear it. After a long time, it started to beat like this again. I hugged her back. “Don’t worry Tiffany; I’ll always be by your side.”

 

Donghae’s POV

 

            I shouldn’t have followed them. This causes too much pain for me. It’s like someone is stabbing my heart with a very sharp knife. I should learn my lesson. Never ever follow others especially if the person is the one you secretly love.

 

            I walked back to the camp, all alone. Tiffany’s friends saw me. “Donghae! Where is Tiffany?” Yuri asked me. “Oh, she’s with Nichkhun.” They looked very confused.

 

Night…

 

Tiffany’s POV

 

            We all sat around the campfire. We sit beside our activity partners. This means, I seat beside Nichkhun. We talked about random things.

 

            “Khunnie, have you ever been in-love?” The atmosphere suddenly became serious. It took a minute before he answered. I can see that he doesn’t want the topic I choose. “Yes.” He smiled bitterly. He was looking at someone when he answered me. He is looking at Yoona. Does he like Yoona?  “Khunnie, who’s the lucky girl.” He looked down. I can see that he is really not into the topic. “It’s okay if you won’t answer my question. I understand.” He smiled at me, showing his eye smile. “No. It’s fine. It’s a very log time since I thought about her. When I was a junior, I was really kind.” I smiled a little. “Silly. You are still kind.”

 

Nichkhun’s POV

 

            “Silly. You are still kind.” She thinks I’m kind. HAHA. Maybe I’m just kind to her. “Well, maybe to you only.” She signaled me to continue the story telling. “She came to my life two years ago. I never knew that I will fell for her. She does things that make me crazy for her. We started dating after 2 months.” I stopped. Sometimes, it’s not really good to discuss the past. Tiffany looked at me curiously. I bet she’s waiting for the rest of my story. “One day, I saw her kissing a guy.” She reached for my hand. With just one touch, it feels like she healed my weak heart. “Nichkhun, you don’t have to continue if you can’t take it anymore.” I smiled at her weakly. “Fany Ah. I started it already so I must end it.” She just nodded. “When I saw her, I went to her. The guy looked at me asking her who I was. She said that I am nothing. That she didn’t know me.” I can see that Tiffany is really affected. She squeezed my hands. “Khunnie, you don’t really have to.” I still continued even though she stopped me. “After that day, my world became dark. I changed. I rarely smile. I became a jerk. I bet she doesn’t remember me anymore. She’s really pretty you know. She can have guys around her in just one snap.” Tiffany looked very sincere. “Nichkhun, I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have asked about it.” I smiled her. I patted her head. “Yah! Fany Ah, its fine. At least I was able to share it to someone who understands me.”

 

I will never forget my first love. I will never forget you, Im Yoona.

 

Donghae’s POV

 

            Why are you doing this to yourself Donghae? Why do you keep on looking at the lovey-dovey couple there? They are having a moment.

 

            Suddenly, I felt a hand on my shoulders. I was shocked. “Donghae Oppa!” Now, my sister is stalking me? “Yah! Jessica! Waeyo?!” She sat beside me. “I can see that my brother can’t stand the sweet couple there. I can see the jealousy in your eyes.” Ugh. She knows me very well. “What? Are you kidding? I didn’t even noticed them!” She pinched my nose. “Yah! Oppa! Do you think I am dumb! I may not be your sister in blood but I know you very well. Don’t worry, I’m the only one who knows. Don’t worry, Jessica is always ready to help. I will help you Oppa. Promise!” Wow. At least she did something good. “Okay fine. Be sure that I will get what I want.” She looked at me with wide eyes. “Oppa, you sound like a ert!” I looked to Tiffany’s way then to my phone wall paper. “Whatever. Just help me if you really want to help.”

~

Sorry if it's really boring. I really lack ideas these days. That's because of frustration.

Please just leave comments. It will surely cheer me up. 

Even though it's not criticizing comments just a little cheering comment will do like Hwaiting.

I appreciate everyone but please, don't be a silent reader. :> 

BTW, I might make Saga of this story if many people will love it. But if not, I'll just post an Epilogue.