Chapter 10

Guardian Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next day Yerin already started with her work early, still preparing for the Angel Line.

SinB was supposed to continue with making designs, but her mind was filled with Yerin making her unable to do anything. After a while of just doodling on her paper she decided to take a short break, grabbing her phone and looking something up. SinB knew how ridiculous it was but she looked up "How to make a girl like you", as she knew she wasn't really the best at that.

The door suddenly being thrown open, followed by Eunha, made her jump and almost throw her phone away with a loud shriek, almost falling of her chair.

"..You okay?" Eunha asked as she saw SinB struggling to regain her composure.

", yeah, sorry what did you want to say?"

"It's lunch break, come join us."

"I'll be right there." As Eunha left the room SinB placed her hand on her chest, she almost got caught doing something super embarassing. She's like a teenager with a crush, seriously.

 

After a while SinB finally stood up after finally having calmed down, holding the sandwiches she made earlier at home. As she entered Eunha's office she saw Sowon sitting next to Eunha, and an empty seat next to Yerin.

SinB nervously went to sit next to Yerin, a sweet fragrance suddenly floating up her nose. Was Yerin wearing perfume?

Wait, didn't SinB read earlier on her phone that wearing perfume is a "Great way to get noticed by your crush"? Great, Yerin was better than SinB at this game and she probably didn't even do it consciously.

Eunha laughed as she saw SinB staring at Yerin once she noticed it. Her and Sowon immediately knew that Yerin had put on perfume for SinB.

 

Sowon started to talk about random things during their lunch break, making them join the light conversation. The couple soon suddenly drifted off into their own little world though, making Yerin and SinB have a conversation with just the two of them.

Apparently Yerin's hometown was Incheon, but she moved to Seoul when she was 15 since her mom had a new job which was too far away from where she previously lived. Her mom was barely home since she had late shifts, so Yerin would often be alone. Even though she said she didn't mind SinB noticed the sadness in Yerin's eyes as she said that, so SinB said that if she wanted to she could text or call SinB, or that she could come over, so she'd feel less lonely when her mom wasn't home.

Since Yerin didn't know how to contact her SinB grabbed her phone out of her pocket and exchanged phone numbers with her, noticing a little duck sticker on Yerin's pink phone case.

 

Their break ended soon, but neither Yerin nor SinB ate much since they were both too consumed in talking with each other. As the two of them stood up to go back to their work Eunha tugged at SinB's sleeve.

"Since when did you get so smooth, huh?" She said, winking at SinB.

"Aishh, what did I do this time?"

"Next time you feel lonely you can text or call me, I'll accompany you, if you want to." Sowon said with a lower tone, making her voice sound like SinB's.

"Shut up, giraffe. At least I got her phone number." SinB said, doing a hair flip before walking out of Eunha's office and going back to her own.

"This kid, seriously, how can she suddenly be so smooth even though she's usually so nervous when she's around her."

"L-o-v-e." Sowon said as she gave a kiss on Eunha's forehead before standing up, going back to work.

 

As SinB was working on her designs again, after slacking off and looking up cringeworthy things, an idea suddenly popped up in her head.

The sticker on Yerin's phone probably meant that she likes ducks, so this might be a good reason to take Yerin somewhere. SinB jumped up and walked through the halls, asking where Yerin was, to which her coworkers answered that she was currently in the dressing room.

 

Without thinking SinB opened the door without knocking, suddenly seeing a half Yerin standing in front of her.

 

"SinB??!" Yerin yelled, trying to cover herself up.

 

"JKLJSKEJCMOJZXC SORRY!!" SinB quickly put her hands in front of her eyes and turned around, probably looking as red as a tomato, her cheeks burning. She wasn't able to shake the image of Yerin's slender body off though, not that she really wanted to.

 

"..Okay, I'm done. Did you want to ask me something?"

SinB slowly turned around, peeking through her fingers.

"..Sorry.."

"It's okay."

"..You like ducks, right?"

"After seeing me half you ask if I like ducks? Are you implying something?" Yerin joked, making SinB feel her cheeks burning up again as she heard the word "".

 

"But yes, I do. How'd you know?"

"Your phone case. So, uh,.." She awkwardly cleared , the smooth SinB from before long gone. "..Would you like to go to the park with me later?"

"To go see ducks?" Yerin ecxitedly said, making SinB nod as she slowly saw a smile appear on Yerin's face.

"I'd love to."

"Great, uhm, okay, I'll go now.. See you later then? Also, sorry again." Yerin chuckled at how embarassed SinB was.

Even though Yerin would probably have thrown herself off a cliff if someone else accidentally saw her half from embarrassment, she felt like it was ok because this was SinB. Maybe it was since SinB really didn't mean to, or maybe it was something more?

 

Sowon noticed SinB smiling to herself like an idiot when she walked by, looking like she just won the lottery.

"What are you so happy about?"

"I just saw Yerin half nake- I JUST ASKED HER OUT AND SHE SA

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter