Hi Hello - Sungjin x Jae

Day6 x Ilvermorny!AU

Hi (Hello)

As we exchange those words

we're starting our own story

 


 

 

It was a sunny morning; Ilvermorny is as lively as ever, some students already seated on their houses tables, hoping they can eat breakfast early, so they don’t need to rush to their first class later.

It’s like the usual, there’s food flying at Wampus’s table, students reading at Horned Serpent’s table, sweet ‘good morning’ exchanges at Pukwudgie’s table, the only missing one is Thunderbird students, who're having breakfast at the special dining hall, since they won the last house cup.

 

‘Nothing special, just the usual morning’ Sungjin sighs as he looks around, and smiles when his senior from grade 6 take a seat beside him.

 

“Morning Sungjin, Runes? What a book to start a day” Kevin— the senior, jokes.

“There’s a quiz today, we need points to win the house cup right?” he jokes back.

“You’re right tho, still salty about Thunderbird winning last house cup actually…” Kevin sighs

“like… they never really do anything but got points anyway? They wander a lot and leading in that hide and seek event, the lucky price they draw from headmaster is immediate house cup win. Not even surprised… they have nothing but luck” Sungjin snorted, making Kevin laughed.

“Well, yes…”

 

The conversation over breakfast starts with the house cup and goes on about classes and to randomness. Kevin is a good senior, he’s kind and nice, they were talking when the dining hall door opened once again.

 

Sungjin stiffened when a familiar laughter enters the dining hall, there’s laughter but there’s one that he likes so much. A sweet laughter that can make his day like 100% better.

 

“Kev!”

“oh, Hi Jae”

 

‘the gods hate me…’

 

Of all people (or Kevin’s friends) why it must him, to be the one who walks over to their table, with that bright smile and cute glasses that fits him so much, making his face look even smaller and cuter.

Sungjin tries to look normal, like he’s not flustered at all, when Jae takes a seat across Kevin and him, going back to his breakfast and reading, pretending that he didn’t hear his friends from Wampus wolf-whistled towards his direction.

He lifts his head when he felt a stare and his eyes locked with someone from the Wampus’s table —Brian. Across his table, Brian grins widely and make a kissy face before hugging his friend, pointing obviously to the senior across him, Sungjin makes a gesture of slitting his throat to warn his friend who’s now laughing hysterically.

Sungjin was about to back to his reading when his book suddenly snatched from his hand, making him turns his head to find the culprit, how he prays that the moment last.

Jae, is holding his book, with those delicate looking palm, with pouty lips.

 

“Runess??? Kevin! Tell your friend that this is not a healthy breakfast.” He pouted at Kevin before turning his head to Sungjin.

 

“Hi…”

“H-hello”

 

Both of them didn’t catch Kevin’s little smirk

 

“Morning, bob” Jae smiles

“—W-what?” Sungjin chokes on air, looking at Jae with wide eyes

 

Jae laughed and shakes his head. “sorry Sungjin, you look like a character from No-Maj’s cartoon, Bob the builder so I just need to test the nickname on you! I’ll call you bob from now on!” he smiles brightly.

 

“ah.. okay? That doesn’t sound bad?” Sungjin laughed a little at the older’s antics and let out small thanks when Jae hands him back his book, maybe blushes a little when their fingers touched.

Sungjin was about to bid them a good bye when—

 

“Sungjin! We need to go to class now”

 

His friend —the lunatic one— Brian comes, with only one notebook in his hand.  

 

“we have runes quiz, remember?. We can’t help you if you’re late to the class just because you’re too immersed in staring at this pretty senior her—”

 

Sungjin quickly draws his wand from his pocket and mutter a quick ‘silencio’ pointing his wand towards his friend before finally stands and say bye to his seniors, dragging Brian away who’s still ‘talking’.

 

*

 

“about time jae, about time” Kevin laughed as Jae’s face flushed a dark red. “finally you said Hi, you’ve admired him since 3rdgrade.”

“shut up,” Jae said, burying his head in his arms.

“You don’t even morning class Jae” Kevin shakes his head, laughing, even more, when Jae stands up and walk away from his table, out from the dining hall, muttering ‘shut up, Kevin’

 

*

 

 

“Tell, sungjin. You’re the smartest in our grade, did you realize something? From before?” Brian asked, grinning like a Chesire cat.

 

Sungjin looks at his friend puzzled. There’s something strange before? Besides his behavior around Jae?

 

“Sungjin my friend, Jae didn’t eat the breakfast, he takes a seat in front of you even he’s looking at Kevin, and Thunderbird students supposed to have breakfast at the west wing dining hall.” Brian laughed a little, making Sungjin flushed.

“m-maybe he’s just want to be there with his bestfriend!” Sungjin looks away, but Brian is beyond amused.

 

“check your book. The runes book” Brian said, keeping his smile and keep walking when Sungjin stop in his track to take the book out from his bag.

 

Brian grins when he hears Sungjin happy yelp.

 

“BRIAN EVEN HIS HAND WRITING IS CUTEEEE!!!!!!!!” Sungjin runs a little to catch up with his friend, practically tackles him, and the corridor is filled with laughter.

 

In Sungjin’s book, there’s a little paper, with a cute note written on it.

 

Don’t frown when you’re reading! But you look handsome anyway.

Eheh.

Let’s eat together at dinner!

 

 

Fin.