High Speed Collision

Absent

   Sehun takes another pill, rolls over, falls back asleep.
   "You're back?" 
   "I wanted to be with you again," Sehun opens his eyes but doesn't turn his head. Takes in the overcast sky and touches the grass underneath his fingers, "can I stay here forever?"
   The dream laughs and he smiles along, in love with the sound.
   "Wouldn't that be nice? I'm so tired of being alone." He cranes his neck up and to the right, seeing only a familiar crop of black hair, the slope of his forehead, the idea of his body beyond that. This is usually as much as he ever sees in this dream.
   "Who are you?"
   "You know me. You've known me for a long time, Sehun."
   "Do I know your name?"
   "Did you forget my name again?"
   "I m-might've. I don't feel like I've ever known it. I'm sorry."
   "Are you feeling alright?"
   "My head hurts." Sehun waits for him to say something else, but he never does. He turns the other way, towards the street, and his neck starts to hurt too. In the corner of his eye, he sees the convertible, but it's not in good shape.
   "Who are you?"
   "Sehun, you're scaring me. I just told you."
   "No, like, did I know you in real lif-"
   Sehun blinks. Looks out the window, then at the room around him. Wants to take another pill but knows that each time he does, the sleep is tortuously shorter, more fleeting. Desperately, he tries to remember if he was ever more than a dream.