EVER AFTER (bonus)

From Now On

 


The newlywed were a perfect example of two people who had found true love. All the guests were congratulating them on their beautiful matrimony and wishing them all the best. They were at the reception venue; enjoying the food and dancing to the music to their heart's content. Now that the church ceremony was done, it was time to have some fun. However, there was one person who was sitting quietly on a corner. Hyungwon wasn't the type to dance around with a crowd. He preferred to be an audience rather than being the center of attention. He had already congratulated the newlywed and gave them the present he had brought. This was the first wedding that he had ever been to, and it was exactly like how he had imagined. Grand and loud. He thought that if ever he would get married it wouldn't be like this. He only wanted a simple celebration, with a few important people. But that wouldn't happen anytime soon so he better drop the thought.

 

"Hey, gorgeous. Is this seat taken?" Someone had spoken from behind Hyungwon. He turned his head around and saw the man who would sweep him off his feet every single time.

 

Wonho stood there, dazzling in his black suit. He smiled sweetly at Hyungwon. "I saw that you were all alone and thought maybe you needed some company. So, is this seat taken?"

 

Hyungwon nodded his head. "Sorry, it's taken. But my boyfriend went to the rest room and hasn't come back. Maybe he ran away already and left me all alone." He sighed with exaggeration. "Well, I guess, you could be his replacement." 

 

What Hyungwon said was followed by Wonho's laughter. Then he sat down beside Hyungwon and kissed him lightly on the cheek. "Sorry, Hyungwonie. There were too many guys in the rest room. And my aunt saw me on the way back. You know how aunt's are. They could talk for days without end." He sighed. 

 

Hyungwon pouted, but it disappeared in an instant and was replaced by a warm smile. "It's okay. I just missed you. And I don't know anyone in here. I feel so lonely without you by my side."

 

Wonho wrapped his arm around Hyungwon's shoulders. He rubbed the latter's head soothingly. "My poor baby~ But that's not true at all. You know the groom and the bride. And my grandma."

 

"Well,yeah. But I couldn't possibly disturb any of them. Especially not in your brother's wedding day." Hyungwon simply answered. Now that Wonho was back on his side, he felt at ease again. He felt safe. 

 

It seemed like only yesterday when Hyungwon thought that Wonho was already engaged to another woman. And now, they were at the wedding of Wonho's older brother, the bride being the same woman Hyungwon had assumed to be Wonho's fiancé. He felt so silly for even thinking that. How time had passed by really quickly. The two had been dating for three years now. Hyungwon was living permanently at his grandmother's house. His uncle hadn't come back since he ran off to another country with his lover. So Hyungwon decided to stay with his grandma. It hadn't been easy to persuade his parents to let him live there, but with assurance and with his grandma's help, they had eventually agreed. Hyungwon was working at Minhyuk's cafe once more. He was thankful that Minhyuk had accepted him again despite resigning before without a proper explanation. The owner was very kind and understanding.

 

Hyungwon's grandmother was aware of his relationship with Wonho. He was afraid at first that she wouldn't accept them, but all his fear dissolved when his grandmother had hugged him and congratulated him when he told her the truth. She even said that Wonho was a wonderful man, and she was relieved that someone was taking care of Hyungwon. The three of them would often eat together. Wonho's grandma would even join them from time to time. Their relationship was blossoming beautifully as the days go by.

 

"Oh! I love this song!" Wonho exclaimed when the music the deejay was playing had changed. It was an upbeat song. He looked at Hyungwon and grinned, "Come on, let's dance."

 

Hyungwon frowned and shook his head, "No, no, no. I don't think so. I'm not dancing."

 

Wonho pouted. "Ohh, come on. What's the fun in sitting here all day? You need to let loose and enjoy the music." He bobbed his head while snapping his fingers, in tuned with the beat.

 

"No, thanks. I'm fine right here. You go ahead and dance all you like." Hyungwon crossed his arms. Two men dancing together would definitely earn weird looks from people, and he didn't want that.

 

Wonho lowered his head and frowned. "Are you ashamed of me, Hyungwon?"

 

Hyungwon quickly straightened up from his chair, afraid that he had hurt Wonho's feelings. He turned to the older and softly held his hands, "You know it's not like that, hyung. I would never be ashamed of you. I just...I can't- I can't dance." He said sheepishly.

 

With a wide grin pasted on his face, Wonho raised his head. "Me too." He laughed. "But who cares about that. Let's just have fun. Come on!" Before he could protest, Hyungwon was being dragged into the dance floor. 

 

As expected, some people had given them curious looks. Hyungwon was reluctant at first, but when he saw how Wonho was so carefree and genuinely having fun, he neglected all his concerns and started dancing to the music. Who cares if they couldn't dance? What's important was that they were having fun.

 

After two upbeat songs, the music changed into a ballad. Couples began swarming the dance floor. Hyungwon was about to head back to their seats, hoping Wonho would follow, when he felt the older grabbed him by the arm. "Stay." He said softly.

 

"But--"

 

Wonho put a finger on his lips to stop him from talking. He held Hyungwon's hands but instead of wrapping them around him, like the usual thing to do, he dipped them inside the pockets of his pants.

 

Hyungwon raised an eyebrow. He was very much confused of their awkward position. "What are you doing, hyung?"

 

Wonho only grinned. That's when Hyungwon felt something round and metal on Wonho's left pocket. He hesitated for a moment, but his curiosity got the best of him. He grabbed the thing and pulled his hand out. He opened his palm and there it was, a silver ring. He stared at it with his mouth agape. 

 

All of a sudden, Wonho grabbed the ring and went down on one knee. He looked up at Hyungwon, his eyes full of love and joy, he presented the ring in front of the taller male and said, "Chae Hyungwon. Will you spend your happily ever after with me?"

 

Hyungwon was totally perplexed. He opened and then closed his mouth, not knowing what to say. All the guests were looking at their direction, even the newlywed. Wonho surely knew how to steal the spotlight. Hyungwon felt like he was going to cry any second. He closed his eyes and shook his head to stop the tears from falling. 

 

Wonho frowned. "So...it's a no then?" He sighed. He was about to get up when Hyungwon stopped him with a hand.

 

"No, no, no!" Hyungwon said, a bit too loud than he intended. His face flushed a deep red. He inwardly groaned. Why would he get so embarrassing in such an important occasion! 

 

Wonho couldn't stop himself from grinning. He loved it when Hyungwon gets flustered. "What is it then?" He looked straight into Hyungwon's eyes and asked one more time, "Will you spend your happily ever after with me, Chae Hyungwon? Yes or no?"

 

Finally, Hyungwon relaxed then he smiled sweetly at the man who made his life more meaningful, "Yes! Of course I will. I'd love to spend my ever after with you."

 

Wonho's face instantly lit up, and without wasting another second, he slipped the ring in Hyungwon's finger. He got up and kissed the love of his life, his other half. "I love you, Hyungwon."

 

A tear escaped from Hyungwon's eyes as he looked into the man he wanted to spend his forever with, "I love you too, Wonho."

 


***

 


The room was filled with photos. But instead of pictures of landscapes, it was now replaced by photos of them together. They would take a photo anywhere they go, and whatever special things they do. But Wonho and Hyungwon's favorite out of them all, was the picture of them standing on the altar, smiling widely at the camera and showing off the rings on their fingers.

 


#END#