Fin

just one moment.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Every day, she have to go through the same again and again. Yebin hates to be compared with other people, especially her sister step sister. Everything she does is so wrong in her parent’s perspective and Kyungwon is always the right one, the better one. She had enough. She used to get jealous over this but not anymore. She is tired.

“Why are you just home now? Do you not know how to read the time? I told you just quit the job. Find a better job like your sister. Don’t let me start on-”

“Dad.”, Yebin speaks up. Her dad shuts. “Spending all your money all day is a better job than what I did? You did know that she bangs every girl she met and whose money you think she used to treat all her subs? It’s yours. That’s not a good job. That’s a disgusting job. So, if you”-

“How dare you talk about my daughter like that in front of me? You’re not that good, Yebin-ah. You fails in school and even fails in life too now. Who cares if she spends our money? We like doing it for someone as successful as her. Investing money on you would be such a great loss.”, her step mother adds up the fire in Yebin’s burning heart. Yebin grins and nods slowly.

Yes, her sister work in a big company as the vice CEO. Her salary is ten times bigger than what Yebin earns. Her girlfriend is a surgeon. She rides a big car to work. She have it all big. Unfortunately, Yebin is tired from this envy she felt beforehand and all she wishes for is for her parents to stop talking about her.

“Everyone, I’m home.”, cooes a voice from the front door. Her sister walks into the living room and greets her parents. “Sorry if I’m late. I had to send my boss to Daegu just now. And then, I’m stuck in a traffic jam on the way back here.”, Kyungwon explains herself.

“I’m so hungry. What did my lovely mum cooked today?”, she continues in her annoying baby voice as she snuggles her head with her mother. Yebin sighs under her breath and dashes into her room. She lies down on her bed and covers her eyes with the back of her arms, thinking what did she do in her past life to be treated this way.

Her phones suddenly lit up. She reaches for her phone and read the text she received.

Kang-ah, Sunday at Le Meridien Seoul at 9 o’clock. Events start at 5. Don’t be late.

===

 

“Do we all really have to go? I mean it’s the success from the cardiology department.”

“Well, the Director have asked us to join the events. But really, who is going to handle this emergency department when we’re not around?”, Sungyeon asks her senior, Minkyung.

“I’ll do it. You guys go ahead. I’m not in the mood for the function.”, Nayoung says as she pats the back of her collague, Minkyung. “You should go. The Director will realized if he didn’t see the angel of the department is not there.”

“Unnie, where’s your mood? Did you fight again with Kyul?”, Sungyeon butts in while fixing her dress in front of the mirror.

“It went to the ocean, Sungyeon.”, Nayoung rolls her eyes and grits her teeth. “Apparently, we aren’t fighting. We just had some misunderstanding.”

“Yea, and that leads to a fight. You guys should stop being so clingy. This what happened.”, Minkyung adds up, teasing Nayoung. She walks out of the changing room looking really elegant in a dark blue dress. She gains some ‘wooo’ from the people in the on call room. Sungyeon shooks her head several times as she claps nonstop.

“As expected, emergency angel.”, praise one of the intern, Kyla.

Minkyung hits the younger girl slowly, shy. She leaves the room together with Sungyeon and heads to the events.

“Yah, won’t Minkyung unnie be here? It’s Seoul National University Hospital’s events anyway.”, Kyulkyung tells her friend as she watches the girl arranging the plates on the table.

“I don’t know. She would probably come with my sister if she’s here.”, Yebin sputters.

Guest starts to flood in the hall. This events is held to congratulate the success of the hospital in leading a major operation or well whatever, Yebin don’t care anymore. She continues to arrange the glasses and plates as she’s getting ready to do her work as the banquet server.

“Yebin-ah!”, calls a voice as she fixes her ribbon that was tying around her neck. She whirls around only to find her sister’s girlfriend is running towards her. She suddenly caught in the moment of amazement seeing how beautiful the girl that is standing beneath of her. Yebin looks at Minkyung from head to toe and still stunts as she keep staring. It’s not the first time to see Minkyung in a dress but she’s just majestic in Yebin’s eyes.

“Yebin, eyes up.”, her voice cuts Yebin’s train of thought. She looks up and their eyes meets. “I know I’m pretty. Don’t look at me like that.”

“Not going to lie. You’re beautiful, unnie.”, Yebin tells the facts, gaining a soft smack on her shoulder.

“I miss you. It’s been a while since I last saw you. Are you doing good?”, Minkyung asks while she picks up the drink that was served on the tray.

Yebin and Minkyung had known each other longer than her sister knew Minkyung and that’s the only one thing that Yebin is winning in life. Knowing and friending Minkyung longer. But of course Kyungwon defeats her, she got the heart of the girl that Yebin lurches the most. The most regretful loss for Yebin. They attended the same medical school together but Yebin dropped out of it due to financial problem and she’s just not interested in doing medic anymore after her mother passed away.

“Yeah, as usual. Don’t worry about me.”, Yebin assures her as she pats Minkyung’s cheek softly before she go to run her errands. Minkyung watches as the girl leaves her near the buffet. Her eyes wandering around the hall to find another girl that she’s close to.

“Yah, Joo Kyulkyung. Not going to greet me?”, Minkyung teases the girl. Kyulkyung turns around, grinning sheepishly and scratches the back of her head.

“Unnie, hello.”, she greets as she bow her head. “Is Nayoung unnie here?”

“No, she’s not here. She won’t come because she said you made her mood go to the ocean.”

Kyulkyung sighs in relief. Minkyung chuckles and knuckles the younger girl’s head. “What did you do this time tho? She looks so upset just now.”

“No, she asked on a date later but I said I couldn’t because I need to send Yebin home.”

“Eh? Where’s her motorbike?”, Minkyung’s brows furrows.

“I don’t know. She said it won’t move and she’s just not sending it to get fixed. It’s been quite a while since she ride the bus to get to every events. And for today I asked for her help because that girl can’t make it today.”, Kyulkyung speaks carefully, not wanting to slip out anything.

“Eunwoo, you mean? It’s fine. You can say her name. She may be with my girlfriend now I think.”, Minkyung indicates and smiles half-hearted.

Kyulkyung leads Minkyung to her seat and excuses herself as she got another things to do. Minkyung stares at the plate in her sight and tears starts to form in her eyes. Sooner she knew, the tears has fallen down and makes the people around her suspense and worry.

“Unnie, are you okay? Are you not feeling well?”, Sungyeon questions her worriedly. She brings her hand to Minkyung’s forehead to find her in a good state. Minkyung soft sobbing stops and she leaves the table, probably heading to the restroom. Yebin is aware of the situation but decides to ignore it. She keeps contemplating whether to follow her or not. Her heart wants to provide comfort but her ego glues her action. In the end, she decides to stay put.

“Good job everyone! We succeed in organizing this events thanks to everyone’s cooperation.”, Kyulkyung announces as the event manager of the night. Thunders of clap fills the air as the staff manages to do their work well today. They clear the hall before they make their move towards their way.

“Kang-ah, I’m sorry I can’t send you home today although I promised you. Nayoung unnie wants-”

“It’s okay. Go get her. Have fun on the date.”, Yebin convinces her as she push her best friend out of the hall. “But, Minkyung will send you home. She’s waiting for you at the basement. You know her car right?”

Yebin halts. She looks at Kyulkyung, frowning. “Did you-”

“No, I did not. She volunteer to send you home. Just go with her okay.”, Kyulkyung encourages her partner on the shoulder before she leave the banquet.

Yebin walks out the elevator, looking for a red Audi car. Of course she know Minkyung’s car. They bought the car together. It is Yebin’s dream car but red, it’s Kyungwon’s favourite color. As she spots the car’s light blinking, she walks to the car and hop in it.

“Thought you going to be later than this.”, Minkyung speaks. Yebin grins and shakes her head.

“Can’t let this girl wait longer.”, Yebin continues while patting her palms at the back of Minkyung’s hand. Minkyung stares at their touching hands from the corner of her eyes. Yebin pulls her hand away and Minkyung suddenly holds her hand and entwines their fingers perfectly.

Yebin stays silent and let Minkyung do the thing. “I’m so glad that you are here. Thank you for having my back in there just now. Eventhough you d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter