Make the Flower Bloom

Roleplay

He knew something was wrong as soon as his husband slid into the bed and curled up on his side instead of insisting they sleep snuggled as close as humanly possible.

 

“How was work today?” He asked as he put the book he'd been reading on the nightstand followed by his glasses. Rolling over to face his husband, he scooted across the seemingly vast distance that separated their bodies until he was pressed up to the other's back.

 

“I hate my job sometimes! Well not so much the job as the uniform I have to wear! ‘It will be streamlined in case we have to chase anyone.’ You know the only person Tao was interested in chasing was Kris and now I'm stuck wearing that god awful outfit! I was ogled again today! I'm there to do a serious job, not be an object to be stared at!” Jongdae stated.

 

“That must have been terrible, baby. Do you want me to come defend your honor?”

 

“No. He looks like he's really built. He's probably hiding an eight pack under that fancy dress shirt and biceps that you couldn't put your hand around.” Jongdae sighed in defeat.

 

“Oh, so he wasn't the only one looking? Should I be jealous?”

 

“It's my job to notice things. Besides he's the CFO and if push came to shove, I'm the more expendable one.” Jongdae said as he pulled his husband's arms tighter around himself. He was just drifting off to sleep when he realized his husband was shaking slightly. “Are you laughing at me?” Jongdae shouted as he disentangled himself and jumped out of bed.

 

“No! No! Baby come back to bed! I just thought of a joke one of the guys told at work today.” He pleaded, trying to hold in his laughter.

 

“No. I think I'll sleep on the couch until you apologize. I know how to handle that jerk at work.” Jongdae huffed as he shuffled out to the living room in his lightning bolt print pajamas, clutching his favorite wolf blanket to his chest.

 

“Sweetheart, don't go. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to laugh.” The man still on in the bed said. “You do have to admit, though, you do have quite the smokin’ hot bod.”

 

“Ugh! Just go to sleep. I'll take care of it tomorrow.” Jongdae called over his shoulder.

 

“What are you planning to do?”

 

“I'm going to make sure that guy thinks twice before he does that to anyone ever again.” Jongdae’s voice drifts in from the other room.

 

The next morning Jongdae had already left for work by the time his husband made his way out to the coffee maker. A note was propped up near the microwave telling him that there were waffles waiting in the fridge for him, he just needed to reheat them. He smiled to himself. Jongdae was still annoyed with him but they'd be able to get past it.

 

---

 

It was just another average day at work for Minseok, nothing to show any indication of what was about to happen. He was heading for his office and noticed Kyungsoo was busily reviewing the data on the expected cost of the planned expansion and Baekhyun was texting someone, probably Chanyeol.

 

Suddenly you could feel a change in the air. A feeling of dread washed over Minseok before he turned to see what had caused the disturbance.

 

In strolled Jongdae but instead of his normal uniform he was wearing the tiniest pair of shorts ever seen paired with a skin tight crop top. A wolf whistle from Baekhyun snapped Minseok out of his daze.

 

“Hey guys! I was just stopping by to see if you were free for...lunch.” Jongdae purred as he draped himself across Kyungsoo’s desk. Resting his chin in his folded hands while batting his eyelashes at Kyungsoo who refused to meet Jongdae’s gaze.

 

By the tone of Jongdae’s voice, Minseok knew food wasn't the primary offering on the menu.

 

“Count me in!” Baekhyun shouted as he launched out of his chair.

 

“Ummm….. Baek, I don't think Chanyeol would appreciate you ‘doing lunch’ with anyone else.” Kyungsoo said as he tried to look anywhere other than the body lounging on his desk while  sneaking a quick glance in Minseok’s direction. Their boss was frozen in place, his eyes not missing a single move Jongdae was making. “Jongdae what the hell are you doing?” Kyungsoo hissed so only Jongdae would hear him.

 

Without answering Kyungsoo’s question Jongdae sat up, cupped Kyungsoo's cheeks and quickly placed a peck on his lips.

 

A gasp was heard from the doorway and a growl was heard from their boss.

 

All eyes turned to the stunned young man in the doorway.

 

“Fine. You win, Jongdae. Now fix That!” Minseok growled as he shed his suit jacket to wrap around Jongdae before giving him a gentle shove in the direction of the door Jongin had just passed through. “I'll talk to Kris and we'll talk later. But was all this really necessary?”

 

“Well Jongin was not part of my plan but…..”

 

“So no lunch then?” Baekhyun asked with a pout.

 

No one bothered to dignify Baekhyun's question with a response.

 

“He'll straighten everything out. Don't worry.” Minseok said as he walked back past Kyungsoo on his way to his office, rubbing his temples like he was fighting a headache.

 

“Jongin! Jongin wait! It's not what it looks like! I was just trying to make a point to that dimwitted….” At Jongin’s renewed look of betrayal Jongdae hurried to correct his mistake. “Not Kyungsoo! He was just caught up in my attempt to prove a point to Minseok. I'm really sorry, Jongin. He only has eyes for you.” Jongdae offered with a gentle smile.

 

“Do you really think he might like me?” Jongin asked hopefully.

 

Jongdae smiled at Jongin’s innocent question.

 

“Yeah, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't say 'no’ if you'd ever gather up the courage to ask him out.” Jongdae said.

 

A bright smile spread across Jongin's face before a slight frown reappeared. “So what was all this about?” He asked gesturing vaguely in the direction of Jongdae's outfit.

 

“Oh, a certain someone thought it was amusing that my uniform hid nothing so I wanted to make a point. Kyungsoo just got caught in the middle. I really am sorry Jongin. Baekhyun probably would have been a little too happy to play along.” Jongdae shuddered at the thought.

 

“You're probably right.” Jongin laughed. “I think it's about time I make a move before someone else snatches up my Soobear.”  

 

“Go get him and good luck!” Jongdae said as he gave Jongin a hearty shoulder pat. He knew even if someone else was brave enough to approach Kyungsoo, the guy was interested only in Jongin.



 

------------

 

“How was your weeke-” Junmyeon's eyes widened comically when his gaze stopped at what appeared to be a giant hickey on his partner's neck.

 

“Oh you know. Same old, same old.” Sehun shrugged casually as he carefully seated himself at his work station.

 

“But…. Uh….. Sehun…..” Junmyeon didn't quite know how to ask and wasn't really sure he'd like to hear the answer anyway. He just shrugged and went back to his own work. It wasn't long before his phone chimed indicating he'd received a text.

 

Luhan is interested in joining us for couples yoga! :-)

 

What???? Why???? Noooo!!!! Junmyeon internally wailed before texting back. Great. Can’t wait.

 

Yixing giggled as he read the reply. “Junmyeon hates the yoga idea. He’s so easy to tease.”

 

Luhan rolled his eyes at his friend. He had that feeling again that a certain person on the security team was spending too much time watching him and not doing his actual job so Luhan got a brilliant idea.

 

“Yixing, I've always wanted to learn how to play the flute.”

 

“What?” Yixing asked as he popped up from behind the desk he was working at.

 

“You know a … flute. I've been wanting to play the flute.” Luhan mimed like he was playing a woodwind instrument and the devilish glint in his eyes didn't clear up any mysteries either.

 

“I know what a flute is, Luhan. I just don't understand your sudden interest. Besides that's not how you play a flute.” Yixing said with a confused frown.  

 

“That’s okay.” Luhan shrugged, smiling to himself. The message was seen and acknowledged. He could feel the cameras shifting away making him give a sigh of relief. The kid needed a new hobby. They could work on that later.

 

Junmyeon glanced back at Sehun’s profile wondering if he should ask again if his friend was okay. After Sehun witnessed Yixing and Luhan's conversation, his cheeks were beet red and he wouldn't look in Junmyeon’s direction.

On the plus side he was back to doing the required sweeps instead of solely focusing on Luhan.

--------

 

“Where did you even get that outfit?” Minseok asked as he kissed his husband’s cheek while Jongdae was making supper. Minseok enjoyed his job, but sometimes it was frustrating. His husband was able to keep more of a 9-5 schedule, while he was occasionally stuck at his desk well past the time everyone else went home.

 

“Baekhyun,” they said at the same time. Minseok realized Baekhyun was the most logical answer as soon as he asked the question.

 

“I hope you're keeping those shorts.” Minseok commented with a mischievous eyebrow waggle as he reached around his husband and stole a piece of carrot he was slicing.

 

“Miiiinnnnn…..” Jongdae whined. “I'm more than just a object. I thought we were past this.”

 

“Honey, I love all of you. The hot body that your warm heart, sharp wit and beautiful soul is inside of is just a bonus.” Minseok said as he turned Jongdae to face him, making sure he put down the knife before gently lifting his lover's chin so their gazes could meet.

 

“So you still think I'm hot after all the years we've been together?” Jongdae asked trying to not sound like he was just fishing for compliments.

 

“Of course and when we're old and grey, I'll still chase you around until you let me catch you.” Minseok promised.

 

“Good! Oh and baby, we owe Baekhyun a new pair of bootie shorts. There was no room for undies.” Jongdae confessed.

 

Minseok choked on the carrot he was munching. “Kim Jongdae! I don't know what I'm going to do with you!”

 

“I have a thought or two.” Jongdae offered as he stepped back and removed his sweat pants, revealing the shorts in question.

 

“Dinner can wait!” Minseok laughed as he raced after his fleeing husband.